Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 512
    • Tyzap
    • By Tyzap 20th Mar 17, 5:34 PM
    • 871 Posts
    • 452 Thanks
    Tyzap
    Afternoon all

I thought we had to use the CEDR system but it won't let me appeal because it;s been less than 8 weeks from date of complaint.

Should I be appealing back to Easyjet?

Thanks all
    G
    Originally posted by Gertie100
    This is what the rules say...

1.7 A passenger can use the Scheme if they have not been able to settle a dispute with the airline after eight weeks has elapsed since first complaining to the airline or if the airline has provided the passenger with its final response in relation to the dispute, otherwise known as a final position or deadlock letter.

...but I'm not sure if their letter constitutes as "it's final response".
    Perhaps contact CEDR and ask them.

Please post any future questions on the dedicated Easyjet thread for other passengers who may follow you.

Good luck.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide.
    • 111KAB
    • By 111KAB 21st Mar 17, 5:38 PM
    • 3,611 Posts
    • 1,471 Thanks
    111KAB
    Claim Agencies
    Unsure if posted before .....

https://ec.europa.eu/transport/sites/transport/files/2017-03-09-information-note-air-passenger-rights-on-claim-agencies_en.pdf
    • symphony63
    • By symphony63 22nd Mar 17, 4:18 PM
    • 55 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    symphony63
    After a drawn out fight with Air India over a delay they accepted liability and paid. The claim was for 7 passengers. I received the cheques in the post.

I wonder, when the airlines convert the amount of EUR into GBP what exchange rate do they use? The date of the incident? or the date of the claim? or the date of settlement? the date that they agreed to pay the compensation? just some thoughts.

After checking historic exchange rates I realised that there was a discrepancy between £204 and £365, depending on the dates of which I checked. The date of the incident, the date of acceptance of liability and the date the cheques were issued.

I didn't yet cash the chqs as that would mean that I accept the settlement. I wrote to them 3 weeks ago with this query but they didn't reply.
    Last edited by symphony63; 22-03-2017 at 4:25 PM.
    • JPears
    • By JPears 22nd Mar 17, 5:13 PM
    • 2,899 Posts
    • 820 Thanks
    JPears
    My thoughts are, it should be the exchange rate at the time of the delay, since technically, the compensation is payable immediately.
    If the case goes to court, judges seem to use the exchange rate at the time of the judgement.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
    • symphony63
    • By symphony63 22nd Mar 17, 5:25 PM
    • 55 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    symphony63
    My thoughts are, it should be the exchange rate at the time of the delay, since technically, the compensation is payable immediately.
    If the case goes to court, judges seem to use the exchange rate at the time of the judgement.
    Originally posted by JPears
    What are your thoughts, can I take them to court for the descrepancy?
    • sooperb
    • By sooperb 22nd Mar 17, 9:23 PM
    • 122 Posts
    • 61 Thanks
    sooperb
    I was due to fly home from Tenerife with Vueling a week or so ago, take off was 13.50, arrival 18.20. At the gate it was announced the flight was being diverted to Barcelona for a change of crew, the pilot being close to his 12 hour limit. The plane was an hour late taking off, flew to Barcelona where it sat on the tarmac for an hour and we weren't allowed off. We arrived in Manchester at 21.40. There is no time difference between Tenerife and U.K. I have lodged a compensation claim and have received a response denying it as they say the flight was only 2 hours late. Have I missed something vital here? If it was due to land at 18.20 and didn't arrive until 21.40 it's over 3 hours late surely? Oddly I had the Vueling app and when (at the time) I checked it stated the flight would land at 20.20. Is there anywhere to check the actual landing time of the flight?
    • Tyzap
    • By Tyzap 22nd Mar 17, 11:11 PM
    • 871 Posts
    • 452 Thanks
    Tyzap
    I was due to fly home from Tenerife with Vueling a week or so ago, take off was 13.50, arrival 18.20. At the gate it was announced the flight was being diverted to Barcelona for a change of crew, the pilot being close to his 12 hour limit. The plane was an hour late taking off, flew to Barcelona where it sat on the tarmac for an hour and we weren't allowed off. We arrived in Manchester at 21.40. There is no time difference between Tenerife and U.K. I have lodged a compensation claim and have received a response denying it as they say the flight was only 2 hours late. Have I missed something vital here? If it was due to land at 18.20 and didn't arrive until 21.40 it's over 3 hours late surely? Oddly I had the Vueling app and when (at the time) I checked it stated the flight would land at 20.20. Is there anywhere to check the actual landing time of the flight?
    Originally posted by sooperb
    Flightstats has started charging now for historic flight data and I'm not aware of any other free supplier.

Try putting your flight details into one of the online claim checkers such as Bottonline. If they say you are due compensation then you probably are, their database is very comprehensive.

Good luck.
    • sooperb
    • By sooperb 22nd Mar 17, 11:19 PM
    • 122 Posts
    • 61 Thanks
    sooperb
    Thanks. I've seen them I think but I wasn't keen to open myself up to phone calls or emails.
    • Savvy_Sue
    • By Savvy_Sue 23rd Mar 17, 12:03 AM
    • 37,500 Posts
    • 33,805 Thanks
    Savvy_Sue
    Thanks. I've seen them I think but I wasn't keen to open myself up to phone calls or emails.
    Yes, you get emails from Bott, but not too intrusive and they seemed to stop when I asked them to.
    Still knitting!
    Completed: 1 adult cardigan, 3 baby jumpers, 1 shawl, 2 pairs baby bootees,
    1 Wise Man Knitivity figure, 1 sock ...
    Current projects: 1 shawl, t'other sock (just about to turn the heel!)
    • sooperb
    • By sooperb 23rd Mar 17, 3:08 PM
    • 122 Posts
    • 61 Thanks
    sooperb
    I've checked using Bott and it's telling me I can claim €400 per passenger. I presume hey must have checked the flight landing time. Thanks for the tip. Hopefully Vueling won't want to go to court over it ��
    • Tyzap
    • By Tyzap 23rd Mar 17, 3:24 PM
    • 871 Posts
    • 452 Thanks
    Tyzap
    I've checked using Bott and it's telling me I can claim €400 per passenger. I presume hey must have checked the flight landing time. Thanks for the tip. Hopefully Vueling won't want to go to court over it ��
    Their database checks a number of parameters including any previous cases from the same flight.

Good luck.
    • sooperb
    • By sooperb 23rd Mar 17, 3:32 PM
    • 122 Posts
    • 61 Thanks
    sooperb
    Thanks I did battle with Monarch over a flight from Malaga, they paid up eventually.
    • Reed_Richards
    • By Reed_Richards 25th Mar 17, 7:35 AM
    • 51 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    Reed_Richards
    I have been trying to find an authoritative account of the rules for compensation after a flight was cancelled and a later flight was substituted. Flight delay compensation differs from compensation for a delay after a cancelled flight. One reads about 1 to 7 days and 7 to 14 days without an explanation of 'days'. If one is notified by email, is it the time of dispatch or the time of receipt? The MSE explanation is ambiguous because it does not clearly state whether one of both conditions need to be satisfied and other web sites offer different criteria. I'm a bit lost.
    Reed
    • 111KAB
    • By 111KAB 25th Mar 17, 12:07 PM
    • 3,611 Posts
    • 1,471 Thanks
    111KAB
    Reed

You are probably best posting on the airline thread responsible for your cancellation and provide specific dates/times/destination etc and that way more assistance should be forthcoming.
    • Miclondon
    • By Miclondon 27th Mar 17, 11:39 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Miclondon
    Hi all
    I have just read the section on flight compensation on the MSE website. But I am still not sure what I can claim.
    • My Easyjet flight yesterday afternoon (5.40pm) was cancelled (for a technical issue) and rescheduled for this morning (9.30am). It was initially shown with a 6 hour delay but after 3h they announced it was cancelled and rescheduled in the morning.
    • I had to be in London early morning so I booked a Ryanair flight last minute (9.55pm) - which arrived 4 hours after my original scheduled flight with Easyjet.
    • The Easyjet rescheduled flight arrived this morning (10.30am i.e. so 16 hours after the original scheduled time).

Easyjet website states that I can get a refund for my original flight but it was much cheaper than the last minute ticket I booked with Ryanair (€25 vs. €130).

Can I claim for the €130 Ryanair ticket? Or Can I claim for the €250 EU compensation (I am not sure given that I did not take the Easyjet flight)?
    What do you think?

Thank you
    Michael
    • sooperb
    • By sooperb 30th Mar 17, 3:14 PM
    • 122 Posts
    • 61 Thanks
    sooperb
    So Vueling are not accepting my claim. I have asked them if they are registered with a Flight Adjudicator scheme, no response in 5 days. I decided to then try with CAA, filled in their initial questionnaire and received this response: "The CAA does not investigate complaints where the flight departed from another EU Member State. Your options are to either contact the relevant national enforcement body for aviation
    in that country yourself or, if you prefer, we can forward the complaint to the relevant national enforcement body." I'm baffled, the MSE guide specifically says to contact the CAA for flights into this country from EU, has something changed? There is a link given where they will pass it across to the specific national resolution body, is it worth doing this or should I go straight to the moneyclaimonline portal?
    • JPears
    • By JPears 30th Mar 17, 3:28 PM
    • 2,899 Posts
    • 820 Thanks
    JPears
    Unfortunately the MSE has a few errors, this being one of them.
    The knowledge base and experience, as such, lies here in the forum, not th MSE site.
    CAA are correct, if your flight didn't originate in UK then they have no responsibility.
    Your best route is probably an NBA and legal action, as long as Vueling have a presence in UK to file documents and take action against.
    Download and read Vauban's most excellent guide, if you haven't already done so.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
    • sooperb
    • By sooperb 30th Mar 17, 4:28 PM
    • 122 Posts
    • 61 Thanks
    sooperb
    Thank you Jpears, I'll read that.
    • Thehillsarealive
    • By Thehillsarealive 3rd Apr 17, 11:07 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Thehillsarealive
    Clarification please
    My query is:-
    On the compensation chart it quotes 600e for a delay of over 4 hrs and over 3500 km.
    My delay was 4 1/2 hrs but only 1020 km.
    Am I entitled to the 600e for the over 4hrs ? Or will it be 250e based on the mileage ?
    It also states that for over 4 hrs we are entitled to costs. Does this mean cost of the flight ? which was part of a package.
    I am currently in negotiations with an airline so an answer to my queries would be very much appreciated. Thanks
    • leylandsunaddict
    • By leylandsunaddict 3rd Apr 17, 11:18 AM
    • 1,257 Posts
    • 866 Thanks
    leylandsunaddict
    If the delay is eligible the claim will be for €250. If the delay is over 2 hrs then the airline has to provide " meals and refreshments in a reasonable relation to the waiting time"

This usually takes the form of a voucher for a few £s of €s. If they didn't provide vouchers then as long as you kept receipts you can claim for 'reasonable' costs. That doesn't mean a four course meal and a bottle of wine.

No refund on your flight lol.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,238Posts Today

7,950Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin