Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 358
    • Muddy700
    • By Muddy700 7th Aug 14, 10:52 PM
    • 32 Posts
    • 741 Thanks
    Muddy700
    Continental Airlines?? How to apply
    Does anyone know how to proceed re Continental? They merged with United Airlines I think. Does anyone have any advice in terms of applying for comp for a 22 hour delay that was with Continental?
    • Alan Bowen
    • By Alan Bowen 8th Aug 14, 11:00 AM
    • 2,726 Posts
    • 1,353 Thanks
    Alan Bowen
    So long as the delay was on your flight to the US and not back, and was not outside the airline's control, write to United Airlines at the following address: United House, Southern Perimeter Road, Heathrow Airport, Middlesex TW6 3LP
    • kingjs
    • By kingjs 8th Aug 14, 11:03 AM
    • 17 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    kingjs
    Can anyone help regarding a claim I wish to make?

I was travelling to china from london in april via HK on cathay pacific

The plane departed an hour late from London due to a repair that needed to be made and as a result I was unable to board the connecting flight from HK to China.
    The airline put us in a normal coach to the airport which we were meant to arrive in, all in all the time it took to get from the airport in HK , going through immigration, baggage reclaim etc to the airport in Guangzhou was approx 4 hours.
    The flight time would of been 55 mins. I wrote to cathay pacific and they offered 10,000 miles which I replied back to say I did not want , they did not reply to this message and I contact them again, with no response , I then emailed about 3 other offices and still have had no reply. Can I do anything more?
    • David_e
    • By David_e 8th Aug 14, 11:38 AM
    • 1,489 Posts
    • 325 Thanks
    David_e
    Can I do anything more?
    Originally posted by kingjs
    You need to read the FAQs; it's all there.
  • Chrisinemoreira
    5 Hour Delay Barca to London with Monarch
    Hi Martin

Myself and 7 others in my group were left to wait for 5 hours at Barcelona Airport with very little information as to why we were delayed.
    We were initially told it would only be 2 hours and were given vouchers to buy a sandwich and a drink (to keep us quiet) - We took off 5 hrs later. Apparently there were problems with our plane so we had to wait for another one to leave Portugal, drop the passengers in London then come to Barcelona. We received this information from the cabin crew. Not Acceptable.
    On my return i decided to complain and found a template on your site which i adapted to suit and sent. This was on the 23rd June and i still haven't received any reply from Monarch.

Could you advise me as to what my next move should be please?
    • Caz3121
    • By Caz3121 8th Aug 14, 3:30 PM
    • 9,969 Posts
    • 6,523 Thanks
    Caz3121
    Hi Martin

Myself and 7 others in my group were left to wait for 5 hours at Barcelona Airport with very little information as to why we were delayed.
    We were initially told it would only be 2 hours and were given vouchers to buy a sandwich and a drink (to keep us quiet) - We took off 5 hrs later. Apparently there were problems with our plane so we had to wait for another one to leave Portugal, drop the passengers in London then come to Barcelona. We received this information from the cabin crew. Not Acceptable.
    On my return i decided to complain and found a template on your site which i adapted to suit and sent. This was on the 23rd June and i still haven't received any reply from Monarch.

Could you advise me as to what my next move should be please?
    Originally posted by Chrisinemoreira
    The Monarch thread is here http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4384583
    you will also find details on the court process int he FAQs
  • Mla
    Success
    We were delayed for 7 hours coming out of Turkey, with Thomas Cook.

We used your template and were offered £1291 for four of us, in vouchers. Declined these and have had payment direct into my account. All within 6 weeks.

Thomas Cook were quick, polite and helpful, throughout.
    • knighter
    • By knighter 9th Aug 14, 10:01 AM
    • 76 Posts
    • 15 Thanks
    knighter
    I must be having a bad morning - I cannot see where on the Flightstats website you find if a specific flight arrived late and by how much - can anyone help?

I have created an account and logged in.

Thanks.
    • Caz3121
    • By Caz3121 9th Aug 14, 1:37 PM
    • 9,969 Posts
    • 6,523 Thanks
    Caz3121
    I must be having a bad morning - I cannot see where on the Flightstats website you find if a specific flight arrived late and by how much - can anyone help?

I have created an account and logged in.

Thanks.
    Originally posted by knighter
    there is a Flight Status box on the right hand side of the home page
    • knighter
    • By knighter 9th Aug 14, 2:01 PM
    • 76 Posts
    • 15 Thanks
    knighter
    there is a Flight Status box on the right hand side of the home page
    Originally posted by Caz3121
    Thanks, when I clicked on the calendar icon it only offered me dates from around now - didn't realise you could edit the text date.

Thanks again!!
    • shell69
    • By shell69 9th Aug 14, 7:51 PM
    • 45 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    shell69
    So long as the delay was on your flight to the US and not back, and was not outside the airline's control, write to United Airlines at the following address: United House, Southern Perimeter Road, Heathrow Airport, Middlesex TW6 3LP
    Originally posted by Alan Bowen
    Hi,

I have just filled in my small claims court form and used the United address in Chicago - is this wrong then? I couldn't find a UK one.

Thanks
    • Vauban
    • By Vauban 9th Aug 14, 9:56 PM
    • 4,430 Posts
    • 1,949 Thanks
    Vauban
    Hi,

I have just filled in my small claims court form and used the United address in Chicago - is this wrong then? I couldn't find a UK one.

Thanks
    Originally posted by shell69
    Yes. It has to be a UK address or it will be struck out. You may have just lost your application fee.
    I used to link to my guide - but MSE stopped such malfeasance. I may not have my link (you can still google it) but I retain a magnificent hat!
    • shell69
    • By shell69 9th Aug 14, 10:07 PM
    • 45 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    shell69
    Yes. It has to be a UK address or it will be struck out. You may have just lost your application fee.
    Originally posted by Vauban
    Thanks for that - luckily I haven't posted it yet!! Will amend the details on the form.
    • V6Jim
    • By V6Jim 10th Aug 14, 11:30 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    V6Jim
    Originally posted by Alan Bowen
    Just returned from San Francisco on United flight 901. Due to leave at 12.55pm (Local time SF). It was due to land at 07.10am (Following day UK time).

We boarded about 30 minutes late then sat on the stand at SFO for more than 2 hours due to a battery charging problem. We were pushed back at 3.49pm and finally left SFO at 4.16pm.

However, we actually landed at Heathrow at 10.09am and at (the wrong) gate at 10.29am. So 3hrs 19mins late.

There are lots of other irritating details I'll not bore you with here, but can I ask if I have any kind of claim?

I realise this is a US Airline, but the flight was into an EU airport.

Any help would be appreciated!

Jimmy
    • rob3770
    • By rob3770 11th Aug 14, 2:07 AM
    • 27 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    rob3770
    Given free return flights
    Hi, we were delayed for 3 days due to, plane leaving late from the UK to get to us, then because the crew had worked too many hours, then there was a hurricane!!

Virgin have sent us a letter for a free return flight to any destination but trying to get a flight for my wife and myself to anywhere apart from NYC is proving very hard as they only have a very small number of seas for compensation customers.

Can we claim for the EU money instead even though these letters have been sent?

PS, the flight was the return leg from Cancun to Gatwick last June.

Cheers.
    Smile and be happy, things can usually get worse!
    • Caz3121
    • By Caz3121 11th Aug 14, 5:50 AM
    • 9,969 Posts
    • 6,523 Thanks
    Caz3121
    I realise this is a US Airline, but the flight was into an EU airport.
    Originally posted by V6Jim
    With a non-EU airline the affected flight has to be departing from an EU airport to qualify

Departing EU airport - any carrier
    Departing outside EU for flight to EU - EU carriers only
    Departing outside EU for destination outside EU - no carriers
    Last edited by Caz3121; 11-08-2014 at 5:53 AM.
    • shell69
    • By shell69 11th Aug 14, 8:33 AM
    • 45 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    shell69
    United airlines
    Thanks for that - luckily I haven't posted it yet!! Will amend the details on the form.
    Just thinking Vauban, I've sent all previous correspondence to the USA - basically filled in the online customer service form first, and then replied to whoever replied to me. I sent the NBA to the CEO of customer care and refunds in Chicago. Is this ok, or do I need to start the whole process again, going through the UK address.

Thanks for any advice you can offer
    • shell69
    • By shell69 11th Aug 14, 9:54 PM
    • 45 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    shell69
    united airlines
    Just thinking Vauban, I've sent all previous correspondence to the USA - basically filled in the online customer service form first, and then replied to whoever replied to me. I sent the NBA to the CEO of customer care and refunds in Chicago. Is this ok, or do I need to start the whole process again, going through the UK address.

Thanks for any advice you can offer
    Anybody got any ideas on this - desperately want to post my envelope but want to make sure I've done the right thing

Thanks
    • Vauban
    • By Vauban 12th Aug 14, 8:17 AM
    • 4,430 Posts
    • 1,949 Thanks
    Vauban
    Anybody got any ideas on this - desperately want to post my envelope but want to make sure I've done the right thing

Thanks
    If your NBA went to Chicago, and Chicago were dealing with the claim, then that's fine.
    I used to link to my guide - but MSE stopped such malfeasance. I may not have my link (you can still google it) but I retain a magnificent hat!
    • WPC123
    • By WPC123 12th Aug 14, 12:47 PM
    • 73 Posts
    • 28 Thanks
    WPC123
    Telegraph today ........... http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/personalfinance/money-saving-tips/11025583/Flight-delays-are-you-due-480.html

General advise on this forum is not to use the CAA.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

420Posts Today

1,652Users online

Martin's Twitter