Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    npsmama
    Homemade hobnobs?
    • 6th Jun 07, 7:20 PM
    Homemade hobnobs? 6th Jun 07 at 7:20 PM
    Insert From Martin (2008)... Twink's World Famous (well MSE Famous Hobnob recipe)

MoneySaver Twink's Hobnob recipe has been tried, tested and heartily recommended by many MoneySavers its meant to be CHEAP and YUM (i've not tried it yet).

It was originally posted in the fourth post below, but to make it easier I've copied it here... and I do apologise for not including it in the favourite biscuit poll

If you want to thank Twink for the recipe go to post number 4 and click thanks

Hobnob Recipe

Ingredients

8oz sr flour
    8oz sugar
    8oz porridge oats
    8oz margarine
    1tbsp golden syrup
    1tbsp hot water
    1/2 tsp bic soda

Instructions

Mix the flour, oats and sugar, melt marg, syrup and water in a pan. Stir in bic soda and add to dry mix.

Then mix well and make into smallish balls which you then put on a greased tray and flatten slightly with a fork. Put in the oven at 180 degrees C for 15 mins... and cool on the tray. The aim is to get them golden in the oven not brown.

Back to the original post....

Has anyone got a recipe for biscuits similar to hobnobs please?

This Forum Tip was included in MoneySavingExpert's weekly email

Don't miss out on new deals, loopholes, and vouchers

Last edited by Former MSE Debs; 25-09-2012 at 6:27 PM.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

914Posts Today

6,252Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • The strange thing with a 4yr old is having to play & smile while inside feeling sick for those in trauma in my birth town #Manchester

• Just a quick ta-ta for now. I'm taking the week off for family time with mini and Mrs MSE. So I won't be here much. Back after the bank hol

• Ugh another one trying it! Beware https://t.co/Ab9fCRA76F

• Follow Martin