Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    wazza
    MOT expiry date
    • 6th Jun 07, 10:40 AM
    MOT expiry date 6th Jun 07 at 10:40 AM
    With old style mot if you took your car up to a month before expiry date the new mot certificate will start from the expiry date.

Is this still applicable with the new style mot certificate? The reason i ask is when i took my car for a mot a week before expiry date last year the new certificate was dated from the date of test and not from the old expiry date. I pointed this out to the examiner who said simply attached the old mot certificate and it will be okay. Now do i take it for mot on the expiry date of new certificate or on the day it was supposed to expire?

Is there a fine for missing the mot expiry date? In another words what happens if i take it a day after expiry date since everything is computerised.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,691Posts Today

8,051Users online

Martin's Twitter