Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Page 383
    • cosygoals
    • By cosygoals 7th Mar 18, 7:21 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Time to update!
    8th of February called the agent for the house and was told that a offer had been accepted in August and were still holding the property sale for them to save a deposit!! I called them back and asked if they would give that couple a deadline and the agreed. Monday!
    8th of February 2018 - AIP Secured with London & Country
    14th February 2018 - Viewed the property
    15th February - Offer placed and accepted (£98,000)
    16th February - TSB decline on soft credit search
    19th February - Natwest happy after credit search
    26th February - Valuation done and valued at £98k. Mortgage is £93,100.
    1st March - Full application with the underwriters
    7th March- Mortgage offer letter recieved!
    Slimming world member since Jan 2018 - lost 8lbs so far!
    On First Time House Buying mission
    • cosygoals
    • By cosygoals 8th Mar 18, 11:19 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    The waiting is horrible! We are with Natwest and was over the moon the get the mortgage offer in the inbox a week after the valuation. Hope you get the news soon!
    Slimming world member since Jan 2018 - lost 8lbs so far!
    On First Time House Buying mission
    • stripedbanana
    • By stripedbanana 8th Mar 18, 3:31 PM
    • 20 Posts
    • 4 Thanks

6/2: AIP from Natwest
    28/2: Closing date offer accepted
    7/3: Full application submitted via broker, initial credit check passed
    8/3: Online update that the application is with the underwriters...

Let the wait commence!
    • BelfastSaver
    • By BelfastSaver 8th Mar 18, 5:20 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Danske mortgage application
    Hi all,

First post but been trawling this thread for a while now, helped pass the time and calm the nerves through the mortgage application. FTB and new build. Here's my timeline so far, pretty fortunate compared to some:

16 Feb Offer accepted
    19 Feb Met with mortgage advisor and started process
    26 Feb Mortgage application submitted by MA
    Lots of follow up questions and needed to submit more documents but luckily at a time when I was off work so was able to reply very quickly each time.
    05 Mar Valuation
    08 Mar Phonecall to say mortgage approved and offer made and in post

Danske seemed very thorough as I'm sure most are, but have also been pretty quick. MA was also great. Just waiting for the paperwork in the post and due to complete in 5 weeks.Happy freaking days!

Good luck to anyone else waiting... I never appreciated how unnerving the process is!
    • Alarae
    • By Alarae 8th Mar 18, 6:57 PM
    • 306 Posts
    • 297 Thanks
    Underwriters came back asking for more information re my second job (employer name, address, salary etc). Submitted today, but probably back to the end of the queue again.

I knew it was likely to be a bit longer due to my second job, but the wait is killing me.

Doesn't help that I've found out how to see what Santander ask for on the intermediaries tracking and the desire to just message them myself with the information is strong..
    Save 10k in 2018: #58

£2,036.20 / £10,000 - 12.52%
    • happytails
    • By happytails 9th Mar 18, 10:59 AM
    • 1,513 Posts
    • 9,223 Thanks
    6th March - re-mortgage application submitted
    8th March - valuation requested and booked
    9th March - valuation at some point before 3
    9th March - virgins solicitors contact us and send forms

Trying to move up the house ladder in 2018, running a business with 3 kids in tow & slowly going crazy!
    Member No43 - % Challenge
    • stripedbanana
    • By stripedbanana 9th Mar 18, 2:33 PM
    • 20 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Can't stop tracking the application progress! Not entirely sure what I think will have changed from an hour ago
    • steph2901
    • By steph2901 9th Mar 18, 5:10 PM
    • 275 Posts
    • 167 Thanks
    I wish I could log in to Precise and see the progress of mine Full application went in on Monday and they've taken the valuation fee, but no news yet. I hate waiting and not being in control.
    • Orangesandlemons
    • By Orangesandlemons 9th Mar 18, 9:23 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Hi all, can anyone help put my mind at rest? Here is our current timeline. We haven't had a valuation instructed get and it's been 9 days since full application was submitted.

19/02 - DIP applied for via IMA with Nationwide - referred to underwriters
    20/02 - DIP approved
    28/02 - a new DIP done due to change in price of property (not borroring more, just adding more deposit as agreed price was a little over) and full application submitted with all supporting documentation
    01/03 - proof of our half of deposit (half is a gift) provided immediatly
    09/03 - another copy requested of the proof of deposit as they couldn't see hubbys name on the form - sent immediately. The advisors PA said everything else is great and NW are just waiting for this..

Why hasn't a valuation been booked yet? Isn't this normally done in the first few days?
    • HampshireH
    • By HampshireH 10th Mar 18, 8:18 AM
    • 484 Posts
    • 502 Thanks
    Virgin seem quite fast.

I pushed the button on application via my advisor on 7th march Valuation booked for today 10th march.

My paperwork is going in to them monday.

• happytails
    • By happytails 11th Mar 18, 9:06 AM
    • 1,513 Posts
    • 9,223 Thanks
    Hampshire, I agree, We gave the OK on the 6th and had our valuation on the 9th. Solicitors have sent us paperwork, just waiting for a decision now!

Trying to move up the house ladder in 2018, running a business with 3 kids in tow & slowly going crazy!
    • kajstring24
    • By kajstring24 11th Mar 18, 5:37 PM
    • 172 Posts
    • 201 Thanks
    So things are moving forward!!

22/01: After no plans to buy a house, my partner and I spot a property we love and decide to have a look.
    23/01: First viewing.
    24/01: AiP accepted with Barclays.
    27/01: Second viewing with parents.
    03/02: First offer made - declined. Second offer made almost immediately.
    05/02: Second offer accepted.
    14/02: Mortgage application approved subject to valuation after passing credit checks.
    22/02: Valuation takes place.
    24/02: Valuation comes back 13k below purchase price
    26/02: We try to negotiate down to the bank’s valuation but the seller wasn’t interested, so we pulled out the sale.
    Hours later, EA calls back to say the seller has had second thoughts and we agree on a reduced rate!
    07/03: Mortgage offer arrives in the post.

Now we’re just waiting on the solicitor to tell us what to do next!
    • allyant
    • By allyant 12th Mar 18, 9:21 AM
    • 11 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Thanks for posting that there doesn't seem to be many reports on Barclays timeframes, currently waiting for valuation report coming back
    • Roo89
    • By Roo89 12th Mar 18, 10:58 AM
    • 5 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    I think I'm actually going crazy with the waiting...

Nationwide asked for additional information March 2nd which I sent across the same day, the online tracker said the bank statement was received and approved for the same day too.

It's now showing a pending request for another bank statement on the tracker dated March 5th but I haven't been asked for anything.

I phoned 4 times last week and they said they had everything they needed from us and our application was with the final checks team but we still haven't heard anything!

Seeing other timelines is making me stress more that something is going wrong, the valuation was on Feb 27th and we got a text to say NW had received it, they've said the application is on final checks for the last week, they don't need anything from us, so why have we not got the hard offer?!?!
    • Alarae
    • By Alarae 12th Mar 18, 11:03 AM
    • 306 Posts
    • 297 Thanks
    Just checked the progress on the tracker and the application was passed back to underwriters on 10 March.

Santander are currently looking at applications to underwriters from 7 March. Probably won't get check until Wednesday now, when no doubt they will ask for something else and then will be another wait for underwriters..

At this rate my solicitors will have the legal work done before we have the mortgage offer!
    Save 10k in 2018: #58

£2,036.20 / £10,000 - 12.52%
    • xanderuk2
    • By xanderuk2 12th Mar 18, 4:03 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Smooth sailing with Nationwide for us

Our broker got us a DIP on December 14th, but decided to hand fire on the full app as completion on our new build isn't due until July 27th (delayed due to bad weather)

March 6th:
    All requested documents supplied and full application submitted by broker

March 6th:
    Valuation booked by Nationwide. Surveyor due on site March 8th.
    I thought this was strange but it seems even during a new build that isn't done yet the mortgage company will still send out a surveyor to review progress and ensure the development is on track to complete on time

March 8th:
    Text from Nationwide - Surveyor report is in - they will review within 48 hours and get in touch if they need anything else.

March 9th:
    Call to my mobile from underwriters.
    Very nice lady just went over a standing order I have on my bank statement. This was our monthly rent, which wasn't very clear.
    No further issues and she apologised for not realising this is what the standing order was for.

March 9th:
    Text message to say offer issued. This was for the full amount requested a s our broker also sent us a copy.

• steph2901
    • By steph2901 12th Mar 18, 6:51 PM
    • 275 Posts
    • 167 Thanks
    Precise have asked a couple of questions about items on our bank statements. They want to know why my husband got paid more in December (it was £500 annual bonus) and asked about maintenance payments I receive from my ex. I didn't mention them when I applied as they will be stopping in August.

Also been told the valuation has been instructed. I hope that's a good sign!
    • happytails
    • By happytails 12th Mar 18, 8:10 PM
    • 1,513 Posts
    • 9,223 Thanks
    Our Valuation was done on Friday - today we have an email from our Mortgage advisor saying the underwriters at Virgin are requesting proof of address - sent her our water bill. She says she expects to hear back from the valuation tomorrow but im not sure if we will get our offer tomorrow or not.

Hopefully this is a good sign and fingers crossed we get an offer - it is so stressful!

Happytails x

• tori.k
    • By tori.k 13th Mar 18, 7:29 AM
    • 3,104 Posts
    • 7,697 Thanks
    we finally get to join you guys
    5/3 house viewed
    7/3 offer excepted
    10/3 DIP reproduced
    12/3 mortgage application with platform (co-op) via broker

This should be a fairly easy process as we were set up with another property that fell through so hopefully looking to complete in 5/6 weeks time.
    Debit to Credit (stage 1) 3652.34 completed 15/10/16
    Debit to Credit (stage 2) 6299.09 completed 25/06/17
    Save 12k in 2018 #76 3000/6000
    • Village_Idiot
    • By Village_Idiot 13th Mar 18, 12:28 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    Booo, looking like bad news for us

Looking at a joint application with my wife, she's full time salaried and I'm self employed - only due to get my first year of accounts next month, so we had been patient and hadn't started the property search yet (but had started talking to brokers). One such broker got in touch saying he could help us early, and got us a DIP really quickly a few weeks ago. (main reason for being able to help early, the company has been trading for 10 years+, I just bought into it this year as a Director)

We had gone to view a load of properties, put an offer in on one which was accepted. Lender (via broker) took the survey fee, requested a load of paper work (payslips, letter from accountant, unaudited results for the company for this year, etc etc) which was all promptly sent. Got a message this morning that the underwriters have binned it all off, no details yet - but sounding like it's the lack of company accounts whilst I've been a Director.

So frustrating, as we're only a month away from being able to do this with the appropriate accounts - but I allowed our hopes to be built which allowed us to choose a property, which we're now likely to lose. Grrr!

GL to all those who are still pending decisions.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,396Posts Today

9,551Users online

Martin's Twitter