Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 375
    • Max Hughes
    • By Max Hughes 6th Feb 18, 8:57 AM
    • 13 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    Max Hughes
    Aaaand I'm off...

31/01 Offer made on property
    02/02 Offer Accepted
    05/02 DIP with Natwest made & approved (via broker)
    05/02 Full application submitted (via broker)

Squeaky bum time...
    • Newbiejono
    • By Newbiejono 6th Feb 18, 2:03 PM
    • 61 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Newbiejono
    Good luck Max
    • Nicola83
    • By Nicola83 6th Feb 18, 5:18 PM
    • 23 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    Nicola83
    We received confirmation of our mortgage offer today!!
    Hoping to exchange on our new build this week and complete 2 weeks on Friday.
    • 19Jessie78
    • By 19Jessie78 6th Feb 18, 5:27 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    19Jessie78
    Anyone know the Santander timelines? We did a full application on 26/01 but haven!!!8217;t heard anything apart from a phone call on 29/01 asking about payments to dependent child....Phoned again last week and the MA said he was going to give them a nudge, phoned again today and told them it was a matter of urgency and still no reply! We!!!8217;re in the middle of a chain and our buyer is going away tomorrow so wanted an exchange date before they went and we don!!!8217;t want to pay for searches on the property we!!!8217;re buying in case something goes wrong with mortgage app....I!!!8217;m not a very patient person at best of times but I would have thought we would have heard something either way 2 weeks down the line.
    • Mermaid89
    • By Mermaid89 6th Feb 18, 6:24 PM
    • 26 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    Mermaid89
    Just a quick update. Valuation booked for Monday 12th. So excited..and nervous!
    • michbright
    • By michbright 6th Feb 18, 9:32 PM
    • 437 Posts
    • 1,928 Thanks
    michbright
    Tentatively posting...

Timeline is a long one...

10/17 Saw house we like, put offer in, accepted.
    10/17 Spoke to mortgage advisor and told to wait 6 months until DH has been in current employment 6 months (started in 07/17)
    10/17 Everyone in chain agreed to wait
    11/17 Pay off credit cards in preparation of mortgage application
    05/01/18 Apply for DIP
    08/01/18 Mortgage advisor goes on paternity leave so everything on hold again
    22/01/18 DIP approved
    26/01/18 Full application put in
    29/01/18 Mortgage co asks or more info
    06/02/18 Still waiting for decision.

Hopefully we should hear soon either way....

We've been waiting so long for this, I just want to get an answer so we can get on with our lives!
    • zoedmc
    • By zoedmc 6th Feb 18, 9:41 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    zoedmc
    Tentatively posting...

Timeline is a long one...

10/17 Saw house we like, put offer in, accepted.
    10/17 Spoke to mortgage advisor and told to wait 6 months until DH has been in current employment 6 months (started in 07/17)
    10/17 Everyone in chain agreed to wait
    11/17 Pay off credit cards in preparation of mortgage application
    05/01/18 Apply for DIP
    08/01/18 Mortgage advisor goes on paternity leave so everything on hold again
    22/01/18 DIP approved
    26/01/18 Full application put in
    29/01/18 Mortgage co asks or more info
    06/02/18 Still waiting for decision.

Hopefully we should hear soon either way....

We've been waiting so long for this, I just want to get an answer so we can get on with our lives!
    Originally posted by michbright
    I am also currently going through the Santander mortgage process. My time line so far is as follows:

24/01/18 MIP applied online instant decision
    30/01/18 Full app submitted online
    01/02/18 Phone appointment (1 1/2 hrs) application pack sent out same day
    03/02/18 sent to underwriters
    03/02/18 accepted pending valuation

The valuation is booked in for tomorrow 07/02/18
    • zoedmc
    • By zoedmc 7th Feb 18, 8:08 AM
    • 7 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    zoedmc
    Anyone know the Santander timelines? We did a full application on 26/01 but haven!!!8217;t heard anything apart from a phone call on 29/01 asking about payments to dependent child....Phoned again last week and the MA said he was going to give them a nudge, phoned again today and told them it was a matter of urgency and still no reply! We!!!8217;re in the middle of a chain and our buyer is going away tomorrow so wanted an exchange date before they went and we don!!!8217;t want to pay for searches on the property we!!!8217;re buying in case something goes wrong with mortgage app....I!!!8217;m not a very patient person at best of times but I would have thought we would have heard something either way 2 weeks down the line
    I am also currently going through the Santander mortgage process. My time line so far is as follows:

24/01/18 MIP applied online instant decision
    30/01/18 Full app submitted online
    01/02/18 Phone appointment (1 1/2 hrs) application pack sent out same day
    03/02/18 sent to underwriters
    03/02/18 accepted pending valuation

The valuation is booked in today 07/02/18
    • giorgio992
    • By giorgio992 7th Feb 18, 4:08 PM
    • 73 Posts
    • 197 Thanks
    giorgio992
    16/1 DIP through broker with Tesco Bank referred.
    17/1 DIP approved
    19/1 Offer accepted
    26/1 Full application submitted - 3 months bank statements and payslip requested.
    27/1 call from countrywide to book valuation. Valuation booked for 7/2.
    Originally posted by giorgio992

07/02 - bank statements arrive and uploaded to broker
    • sprlambanana
    • By sprlambanana 7th Feb 18, 4:40 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    sprlambanana
    Received mortgage offer today, so here!!!8217;s our timeline:

First viewing: Sunday 14th Jan
    Second viewing: Saturday 20th Jan
    Offer made: Monday 22nd Jan
    Offer accepted: Tuesday 23rd Jan
    Solicitor instructed: Tuesday 23rd Jan
    Mortgage broker full app for Post Office mortgage: Tuesday 23rd Jan
    Mortgage broker phoned to say instantly rejected, so we got rid of MB: Wednesday 24th

Mortgage application submitted by ourselves to Nationwide online: Wednesday 24th Jan
    Valuation: 30th Jan
    Mortgage offer received: 7th Feb
    • 19Jessie78
    • By 19Jessie78 7th Feb 18, 4:42 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    19Jessie78
    That!!!8217;s brilliant zoedmc...fingers crossed all goes well today.

Ours has got a complication but even so I thought we would have had a yes or no by now, phone call today and they said it!!!8217;s still with underwriters so suppose we just got to wait
    • Mermaid89
    • By Mermaid89 7th Feb 18, 5:26 PM
    • 26 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    Mermaid89
    Stressful day today! Valuation still booked for 12th however Halifax requested bank statements to show "build up of deposit" .
    Admin girl from the brokers office was not clear with what was needed and it took four emails for her to confirm she needed statements from our savings account, and not our everyday current accounts.

Of course, you cant download a statement online from a savings account...(no idea why!) So ordered these from the branch and picking up tomorrow. Hoping no problems and Halifax will accept them. sigh!
    • Mermaid89
    • By Mermaid89 7th Feb 18, 5:28 PM
    • 26 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    Mermaid89

Mortgage broker phoned to say instantly rejected, so we got rid of MB: Wednesday 24th

Mortgage application submitted by ourselves to Nationwide online: Wednesday 24th Jan
    Valuation: 30th Jan
    Mortgage offer received: 7th Feb
    Originally posted by sprlambanana
    Instantly rejected? Sounds off!
    • zoedmc
    • By zoedmc 7th Feb 18, 8:09 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    zoedmc
    That!!!8217;s brilliant zoedmc...fingers crossed all goes well today.

Ours has got a complication but even so I thought we would have had a yes or no by now, phone call today and they said it!!!8217;s still with underwriters so suppose we just got to wait
    Thanks 19Jessie78 all went well valuation was done at 9.30am offer confirmed at 19.00pm

My case was very straight forward FTB sole application and I already bank with Santander

Hope you get the green light soon!
    • kawasaki_dave
    • By kawasaki_dave 7th Feb 18, 8:24 PM
    • 22 Posts
    • 32 Thanks
    kawasaki_dave
    Hope nobody minds me jumping in on this.

Partner and I been house hunting for around 7 months!!!!! First house we saw we fell in love with and offerred - refused, so second offer of just (£2.5k) below full asking price. Vendor then took it off the market saying he's decided not to sell.

Kept hunting but nothing measured up until December when we found our house. Offer in, wait and see, estate agent confident (house on market for several months) and then next day someone else makes bigger offer. Get into a bit of a bidding war and lose despite offering over asking price.

By this time first DIP had run out as well.

Finally think we found a house ten days ago now. Second viewing, offer of full asking price accepted (it was new to market, good price in good area). DIP confirmed same day by NW (29/01/18).

Full application made 03/02/2018

Valuation booked for 13/02/2018 (09:00)

Going on holiday for 2 weeks on 15/02/2018 so crossing absolutely everything for good valuation turnaround times and offer on day we fly which would set us up nicely for solicitor to sort everything while we're away.

I am, unfortunately, the most impatient person in the world and worry like mad when I know that no news should be good news!!
    • Max Hughes
    • By Max Hughes 7th Feb 18, 9:56 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    Max Hughes
    Aaaand I'm off...

31/01 Offer made on property
    02/02 Offer Accepted
    05/02 DIP with Natwest made & approved (via broker)
    05/02 Full application submitted (via broker)

Squeaky bum time...
    Originally posted by Max Hughes
    07/02 Valuation booked for 13th
    07/02 3 months payslips requested and sent
    • Mermaid89
    • By Mermaid89 8th Feb 18, 6:53 PM
    • 26 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    Mermaid89
    08/02 - Bank statements sent to Halifax and accepted.
    12/02 - valuation due

Only one big hurdle left...(famous last words!)
    • giorgio992
    • By giorgio992 9th Feb 18, 3:53 PM
    • 73 Posts
    • 197 Thanks
    giorgio992
    16/1 DIP through broker with Tesco Bank referred.
    17/1 DIP approved
    19/1 Offer accepted
    26/1 Full application submitted - 3 months bank statements and payslip requested.
    27/1 call from countrywide to book valuation. Valuation booked for 7/2.
    07/02 - bank statements received and uploaded to broker/Tesco.
    07/02 - valuation carried out
    09/02 - query from underwriter about a previous address
    09/02 - application approved subject to satisfactory valuation report being received
    • MrWashington
    • By MrWashington 10th Feb 18, 12:42 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    MrWashington
    New to the site, searching online because we have been worried ever since we applied for our mortgage. First time buyers using help to buy, all seems to be going well and very fast, we got the mortgage in principle and the HTB authority to proceed within days of applying, had the survey and valuation 5 days later (yesterday) and the broker seems to think we'll get a decision mon/tues, so scared!!! fingers crossed for all of you too!
    • M.leck
    • By M.leck 10th Feb 18, 4:57 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    M.leck
    Hi all!

Can't think about anything other than houses at the moment so thought I'd add our situation to the mix.

4.2.2018 - viewed house and put offer in
    5.2.2018 - offer accepted, solicitor instructed and application submitted with Santander with broker
    6.2.2018 - valuation booked
    8.2.2018 - valuation carried out

Now it's just a waiting game! The house is made of concrete which is possibly what's delaying it. There is a chance they'll come back and say they won't lend on it and then we'll have to reapply to Halifax (where the vendor got their mortgage). It's a 100 year old house though so I'm hoping the concrete isn't an issue.

Fingers crossed!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

171Posts Today

1,663Users online

Martin's Twitter