Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 374
    • Nicola83
    • By Nicola83 30th Jan 18, 12:17 PM
    • 23 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    Nicola83
    So I can finally post in this after a few weeks of lurking around !!!55357;!!!56842;
    04/01 AIP with Halifax
    04/01 reserved new build house
    05/01 appointed solicitor and mortgage advisor
    15/01 mortgage application submitted to Barclays via MA
    17/01 ATP received from help 2 buy
    19/01 Valuation carried out
    23/01 MA told us valuation came back at what we're paying.

And now we're waiting.
    Our MA has told us there's nothing to worry about as the application is all good and Barclays just have a bit of a back log with them having one of the better interest rates.
    It's been a week since the valuation came back and we haven't heard anything, anyone else had to wait aaaages for Barclays?
    • allyant
    • By allyant 30th Jan 18, 3:37 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    allyant
    One of the annoying things about going direct with Nationwide is the inability to see the status of my application online - prior to all the documents being submitted I could easily go online and download/view all the details. But after submission it no longer shows.

I have been assured of them this is normal, still a PITA.
    • Spendingqueen
    • By Spendingqueen 30th Jan 18, 8:52 PM
    • 101 Posts
    • 16 Thanks
    Spendingqueen
    Hi Ally, My nationwide application was submitted last Monday today it shows valuation under review and documents satisfactory and a new decision in principle accept - Not sure why that has been accepted 3 times but hey ho. Is your online tracking not updating?
    • Spendingqueen
    • By Spendingqueen 30th Jan 18, 8:56 PM
    • 101 Posts
    • 16 Thanks
    Spendingqueen
    How is everyoneís eating going ? Did u hear enttbing spending queen ? I havenít heard anything. Broker hasnít given any update either. Damn. Why arenít they doing that valuation? Just checked credit report and no searches either
    Originally posted by Fisa002
    Nothing today - The online tracking has updated to valuation recieved and under review and documents satisfactory and another DIP - Accept (why so many I don't know) these all 3 were updated today - It is now 5 working days since we sent all the documents and they were checked as Okay, so hopefully we will here any day now.

The conveyancer confirmed they recieved contract from sellers solicitor and searches are happening so that is good on that front.

Hoping to hear from Nationwide by the end of the week, maybe they have a Xmas back log.
    • Spendingqueen
    • By Spendingqueen 30th Jan 18, 9:03 PM
    • 101 Posts
    • 16 Thanks
    Spendingqueen
    One of the annoying things about going direct with Nationwide is the inability to see the status of my application online - prior to all the documents being submitted I could easily go online and download/view all the details. But after submission it no longer shows.

I have been assured of them this is normal, still a PITA.
    Originally posted by allyant
    When was your application put in Ally?
    • allyant
    • By allyant 30th Jan 18, 11:17 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    allyant
    Very strange! I applied fully online, When I login to retrieve my application I get:

`There are no active applications associated with that email address.`

When prior to applying (Just got an AIP and list of required documents) it showed up fine.

My application was sent on 16th Jan.
    Valuation booked for 19th Jan.
    And just heard today that I have been approved subject to valuation.
    • Spendingqueen
    • By Spendingqueen 31st Jan 18, 5:34 PM
    • 101 Posts
    • 16 Thanks
    Spendingqueen
    Did you hear by phone call / email or text?

Mine is still saying same as yesterday - docs satisfactory and valuation under review.

My valuation was done last Wednesday and I received a reinstatement value on my online banking - Have you not had yours yet?
    • Spendingqueen
    • By Spendingqueen 31st Jan 18, 5:56 PM
    • 101 Posts
    • 16 Thanks
    Spendingqueen
    Just rung the bank who said the valuation is 101k, 103k if we fix the wall ties they estimate costing £2k, however we are doing RTA and purchase price of £112k , we are receiving a discount of 9k so it seems like the Sellers have valued the property to include their discount on top. Very sneaky. Don't know what to do now?
    • fsakita
    • By fsakita 31st Jan 18, 6:44 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    fsakita
    Just sent the deposit to my solicitor this morning and exchange was done this afternoon. Date fixed for completion on the 15th.
    • crystalpinks
    • By crystalpinks 31st Jan 18, 8:18 PM
    • 18 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    crystalpinks
    Yay great news fsakita!
    Spendingqueen, how frustrating, what do they recommend you do next?
    I have had confirmation all documents have been received and mortgage offer *should*be issued in the next few days...but I'm not going to sleep easy til it's actually in my hands! Fingers crossed it's before the weekend as we have an appointment with the site to choose our kitchen/ extras etc and I know they'll be grilling me on why it's taking so long!

Good luck for the rest of the process everyone! !!!128588;!!!127996;
    • crystalpinks
    • By crystalpinks 1st Feb 18, 3:46 PM
    • 18 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    crystalpinks
    Mortgage offer issued!!!!
    So happy ! And relieved !
    What a rollercoaster of emotions that was!
    Hope everyone waiting hears soon!
    • FTB_1
    • By FTB_1 2nd Feb 18, 1:17 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    FTB_1
    Halifax application with adverse
    Hi Guys,

Wondering if anyone can put my mind at ease.

Myself and my partner are buying our first house

Went through a broker who recommended Halifax for the type of mortgage we wanted (FTB with 5% deposit on a £200,000 house)

We got the agreement in principle for a rough value of £213,950 and went ahead with the application via the broker

Paid a mortgage arrangement fee of £999 and the surveyor costs of £455 (including level 2 survey)

Our mortgage application went to the underwritters and the hard credit search has been completed

Underwritters requested latest bank statements ontop of the one payslip they had already had, these got sent off and the documentation was approved. We are now awaiting the survey to be done

My concerns are to do with my credit history. I have one settled default from 2013 and one settled CCJ from 2014, both were declared. My partner has a clean credit record

I imagine these would have been viewed in the hard credit search.

My concern is having paid out near enough £1,500, after all these checks what are the chances of it falling flat on its face at this stage?
    • crystalpinks
    • By crystalpinks 2nd Feb 18, 5:53 PM
    • 18 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    crystalpinks
    Halifax do credit check on submission of full app so sounds like you should be ok
    • Spendingqueen
    • By Spendingqueen 2nd Feb 18, 6:34 PM
    • 101 Posts
    • 16 Thanks
    Spendingqueen
    Yay great news fsakita!
    Spendingqueen, how frustrating, what do they recommend you do next?
    I have had confirmation all documents have been received and mortgage offer *should*be issued in the next few days...but I'm not going to sleep easy til it's actually in my hands! Fingers crossed it's before the weekend as we have an appointment with the site to choose our kitchen/ extras etc and I know they'll be grilling me on why it's taking so long!

Good luck for the rest of the process everyone! !!!128588;!!!127996;
    Originally posted by crystalpinks
    Mortgage advisor is getting them to look back into the case and see why the valuation is so low compared to the sellers valuation so will see what happens - Probably drag the process out a few months now.
    • Fisa002
    • By Fisa002 3rd Feb 18, 10:28 AM
    • 94 Posts
    • 36 Thanks
    Fisa002
    Aww spending queen. Fingers x for you.

Well, NW asked for tax overviews from hmrc which we!!!8217;re finally sent.
    In the meantime no credit check and no valuations booked.
    Broker rang to say that NW have picked my case for a !!!8216;random audit!!!8217; and apparently they do them on 10% of cases. I was told this last week.
    I asked how long would the wait be l, they said expect 10 days!!!!
    Should I be worried? It!!!8217;s been almost ten days since application and no credit check no valuation and they want me to wait another ten days while they manually Audit my application.
    In the mean time the EA has rang me twice this week asking what!!!8217;s the hold up.
    This is really stressful. Not sure what to do.
    Advice anyone ? :-(
    • Spendingqueen
    • By Spendingqueen 4th Feb 18, 9:21 AM
    • 101 Posts
    • 16 Thanks
    Spendingqueen
    No advice, I am waiting for the underwriter / surveyor who did our valuation form the bank to come back and say whether they are really valuing it so long below the housing associations price, our valuation has been done and I believe documents have been checked or so it says on system but think this valuation thing is going to drag things out - Hoping for an answer by Friday. Why aren't they booking your valuation? We submitted Monday night and they rung Tuesday morning to book a valuation.
    • Mermaid89
    • By Mermaid89 4th Feb 18, 12:13 PM
    • 26 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    Mermaid89
    FTB here going for Shared Ownership - Nerve wrecking is an understatement!
    Due to us only putting down 10% deposit on the 50% share I've been told our lenders are very limited (i.e one - The Halifax) so feel like we have one shot only at this! Our timeline is:

13/01 - New build viewed
    27/01 - New build viewed again, reserved and £500 paid to developers
    27/01 - Mortgage broker advised and documents sent
    28/01 - Solicitors engaged (but not yet paid for search fees until I know the mortgage is approved)
    30/01 - Soft credit checks performed by HBOS
    02/02 - Application submitted by mortgage broker
    02/02 - Hard checks performed on credit file

I guess now its just a waiting game and hopefully a valuation will be done at some point? I'm impatient and equally excited and terrified.

Has anyone had a an application with Halifax recently and advise how quick they've been from application to valuation?
    • Fisa002
    • By Fisa002 4th Feb 18, 1:27 PM
    • 94 Posts
    • 36 Thanks
    Fisa002
    No advice, I am waiting for the underwriter / surveyor who did our valuation form the bank to come back and say whether they are really valuing it so long below the housing associations price, our valuation has been done and I believe documents have been checked or so it says on system but think this valuation thing is going to drag things out - Hoping for an answer by Friday. Why aren't they booking your valuation? We submitted Monday night and they rung Tuesday morning to book a valuation.
    Originally posted by Spendingqueen
    Spending queen I really hope they can sort out this issue for you. Have you thought about what you will do if it comes back the same?

Iím not sure why mine is taking so long. Nationwide have decided to do a random Audit ( do this routinely on 10% of cases) and it goes to head office. My broker has said thereís nothing we can do but just wait. I have called them up and they have said it will take until end of next week for them to get the forms back and AFTER that they will instruct valuation.
    Meanwhile EA has called me twice and the broker to ask about the situation. Am worried they will relist the house again. What should I do ? Wait it out or seek another lender? Really confused and stressed out
    • Newbiejono
    • By Newbiejono 4th Feb 18, 8:20 PM
    • 61 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Newbiejono
    Hi all.. Here we go!

02/02 - AIP with Nationwide (Hard and Soft Credit Checks)
    02/02 - Full app Gone in

Not sure what will happen next!
    • giorgio992
    • By giorgio992 5th Feb 18, 4:57 PM
    • 73 Posts
    • 197 Thanks
    giorgio992
    16/1 DIP through broker with Tesco Bank referred.
    17/1 DIP approved
    19/1 Offer accepted
    26/1 Full application submitted - 3 months bank statements and payslip requested.
    27/1 call from countrywide to book valuation. Valuation booked for 7/2.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

146Posts Today

2,101Users online

Martin's Twitter