Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 372
    • Spikecast
    • By Spikecast 10th Jan 18, 7:06 AM
    • 49 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    Spikecast
    We've been pushing the builder and solicitor a lot over the past week as the builder has been holding things up and taking an age to forward documents on. We've got all of our searches done, we have to go in tomorrow to sign a few documents with a view to exchanging on Friday this week, we aim to complete on the 19th and move in the following day. It's all coming together very last minute but fingers crossed! Booked removals in today so it's all systems go.
    • kezzygirl
    • By kezzygirl 10th Jan 18, 9:01 PM
    • 622 Posts
    • 662 Thanks
    kezzygirl
    Mortgage offer issued yesterday for full amount- yippee!! Awaiting feedback from survey.....it is all getting very real now!!
    • Bradgbrl1987
    • By Bradgbrl1987 12th Jan 18, 12:17 AM
    • 12 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Bradgbrl1987
    Hi guys

FTB here trying to read up everyone’s comments on timelines etc ours so far

3/1/18 - mortgage in principle offered
    12/1/18 - offer accepted on property

That is where we are at lol

We are using a broker and going with nationwide!

What happens next?

Thanks
    • Spikecast
    • By Spikecast 12th Jan 18, 8:30 PM
    • 49 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    Spikecast
    Exchanged today. Complete next friday!
    • Bradgbrl1987
    • By Bradgbrl1987 12th Jan 18, 9:33 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Bradgbrl1987
    When did you start your process?
    • Spikecast
    • By Spikecast 12th Jan 18, 9:38 PM
    • 49 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    Spikecast
    When did you start your process?
    Originally posted by Bradgbrl1987
    8th dec we started with the AIP.
    • Bradgbrl1987
    • By Bradgbrl1987 12th Jan 18, 9:46 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Bradgbrl1987
    Spikecast

We had an offer accepted just the other day broker is now starting all the rest ftb and I’m so nervous about everything. I end up sitting on here reading forums every night lol! Just hoping everything goes smoothly

Who was your mortgage with if you don’t mind me asking?
    • Spikecast
    • By Spikecast 13th Jan 18, 6:42 PM
    • 49 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    Spikecast
    Spikecast

We had an offer accepted just the other day broker is now starting all the rest ftb and Iím so nervous about everything. I end up sitting on here reading forums every night lol! Just hoping everything goes smoothly

Who was your mortgage with if you donít mind me asking?
    Originally posted by Bradgbrl1987
    I am FTB too. We did ours with Leeds BS. Around 10-11 days it took in total which was fairly quick. Good luck!
    • EllezBellz
    • By EllezBellz 15th Jan 18, 9:30 AM
    • 10 Posts
    • 13 Thanks
    EllezBellz
    Currently taken 10 days for Natwest come back with an amended offer due a mess up by someone, Natwest/valuer/Mortgage Adviser as some how they put our loan amount needed for a Purchase price of the property leaving us £8000 short. Driving us insane as last Thursday got a call from solicitors saying they were preparing contacts for exchange which had to inform the mortgage offer was wrong! Frustrate first time buyer

5/12/17 - Offer Made & Accepted
    11/12/17 - DIP Approved
    12/12/17 Full application submitted to Natwest
    12/12/17 Natwest Approved with Credit Checks
    13/12/17 Valuation Fee and Application Passed to underwriters
    18/12/17 Application has been approved subject to receipt of a satisfactory valuation
    29/12/17 Valuation due to take place but cancelled due to bad weather to 5/1/2018
    5/01/18 Valuation Takes place - Mortgage Offer Issues but £8500 short of our offer (due to an error it seems!)
    8/01/18 Natwest said 24-48 hours for amended offer....
    15/01/2018 Still nothing!
    • fsakita
    • By fsakita 15th Jan 18, 8:56 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    fsakita
    Been reading the forum on a daily basis so decided to add my case in here so it might help others as well. I have just got a mortgage offer from Nationwide today.

18/12/17 - Approved AIP and reserved the house
    29/12/17 - Full application submitted to Nationwide
    29/12/17 - Nationwide approved with Credit Checks
    04/01/18 - Valuation booked on 12/01
    12/01/18 - Valuation postponed to 15/01
    15/01/18 - Valuation done
    15/01/18 - Mortgage offer issued.
    • FTB333
    • By FTB333 17th Jan 18, 2:31 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    FTB333
    Finally!

25/11/17 = 1st Viewing: Saturday 25th November
    02/12/17 = 2nd Viewing
    02/12/17 = 1st Offer made
    04/12/17 = Negotiations and final offer accepted
    11/12/17 = Mortgage application documents submitted
    02/01/18 = Valuation
    17/01/18 = Mortgage Offer Issued

Our mortgage offer issue dragged on due to broker making a spelling mistake on middle name and taking ages to amend! Valuation was done via countrywide and was all good!
    • Goath
    • By Goath 17th Jan 18, 2:38 PM
    • 23 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Goath
    Offer accepted on 3rd of Jan - AIP already in place and full app along with docs sent on the 3rd of Jan

hoping to port mortgage with LBS heard nothing until LBS sent an Existing keepers form" on the 16th, asked us to complete and send back which we did there and then.
    Valuation booked for the 17th and this has been paid for with CHAPS fee..

Now have to wait another 3 working days (ETA) for them to process this Existing Keepers form and who knows after that .... I hate waiting want it done now!!!
    • Jond
    • By Jond 18th Jan 18, 10:23 AM
    • 26 Posts
    • 20 Thanks
    Jond
    Off to the waiting to exchange thread!
    Hi all,

Just heard that our 95% mortgage with YBS has been approved after the valuation. I have to say that I'm hugely impressed with how quickly they have dealt with our case - the longest wait was waiting on the val.
    Timeline:
    2/1/18: Agreed sale on our house
    8/1/18 - Agreed purchase/offer accepted
    9/1/18 - Submitted online mortgage application
    9/1/18 - Underwriter appointed, requested 3x wage slips and 1x bank statement. Returned same day
    10/1/18 - Enquiries raised regarding two items on statement. I rang and spoke to them and they were satisfied. Valuation booked for 16/1
    16/1/18 Valuation carried out
    18/1/18 Mortgage offer sent out
    Total Debt October '14 (LBM) = £38,287.28
    Target = New House in 2017!
    Paid off so far: £19587
    Still to go: £18,700
    • EllezBellz
    • By EllezBellz 18th Jan 18, 2:36 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 13 Thanks
    EllezBellz
    5/12/17 - Offer Made & Accepted
    11/12/17 - DIP Approved
    12/12/17 Full application submitted to Natwest
    12/12/17 Natwest Approved with Credit Checks
    13/12/17 Valuation Fee and Application Passed to underwriters
    18/12/17 Application has been approved subject to receipt of a satisfactory valuation
    29/12/17 Valuation due to take place but cancelled due to bad weather to 5/1/2018
    5/01/18 Valuation Takes place - Mortgage Offer Issues but £8500 short of our offer (due to an error it seems!)
    8/01/18 Natwest said 24-48 hours for amended offer....
    18/01/18 Mortgage offer received for correct amount!

Yipee!!
    • kate2802
    • By kate2802 18th Jan 18, 4:44 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    kate2802
    Been lurking in this thread to see other peoples experiences while awaiting a mortgage offer but now have a query myself.

Applied for a mortgage with Nationwide (not through a broker, just an online application) and everything has gone smoothly so far. I received a text and email last Friday to say that they have issued a mortgage offer and that it would be posted out shortly, however, here we are nearly a week later and nothing has arrived. Should I be chasing them or have others had a similar experience with Nationwide? I'm getting quite anxious to know what the offer is and if there are any conditions that need to be met.
    • fsakita
    • By fsakita 18th Jan 18, 10:33 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    fsakita
    Been lurking in this thread to see other peoples experiences while awaiting a mortgage offer but now have a query myself.

Applied for a mortgage with Nationwide (not through a broker, just an online application) and everything has gone smoothly so far. I received a text and email last Friday to say that they have issued a mortgage offer and that it would be posted out shortly, however, here we are nearly a week later and nothing has arrived. Should I be chasing them or have others had a similar experience with Nationwide? I'm getting quite anxious to know what the offer is and if there are any conditions that need to be met.
    Originally posted by kate2802
    I'm in the same situation, mortgage offer issued on Monday and now just waiting the letter. Apparently it can take up to 2 weeks to arrive. Should be receiving it soon
    • crystalpinks
    • By crystalpinks 19th Jan 18, 10:49 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    crystalpinks
    Yay I can finally join this thread!!!
    Full app went in today and passed credit check, advised that valuation will be booked next week!
    So excited as it's been the most stressful thing I've ever done so far! decided to go it alone Which may not have been the best decision but at least things are finally moving forward!
    We are using help 2 buy and only lending £80k (have a 80k deposit - 200k purchase price) but have had lots of missed payments and a default in the last couple of years- as well as the fact we have just scraped through affordability!

Anyone else gone it alone when buying a new build? We are getting pressured from the developer big time for not using their broker (or any broker) as in their words, 'they have no control' !!!!! Anyone else think that's a bit much?!
    • Dolly123
    • By Dolly123 19th Jan 18, 9:21 PM
    • 114 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    Dolly123
    Full app went in today and passed credit check, advised that valuation will be booked next week!
    So excited as it's been the most stressful thing I've ever done so far! decided to go it alone Which may not have been the best decision but at least things are finally moving forward!
    We are using help 2 buy and only lending £80k (have a 80k deposit - 200k purchase price) but have had lots of missed payments and a default in the last couple of years- as well as the fact we have just scraped through affordability!

Anyone else gone it alone when buying a new build? We are getting pressured from the developer big time for not using their broker (or any broker) as in their words, 'they have no control' !!!!! Anyone else think that's a bit much?!
    Originally posted by crystalpinks
    I don't know you would want to go it alone, using a good broker is not only less stress for you but easier for the developer as they can follow the progress to ensure a timely exchange
    • kingstreet
    • By kingstreet 19th Jan 18, 9:26 PM
    • 32,649 Posts
    • 17,580 Thanks
    kingstreet

Originally posted by crystalpinks
    Lots of missed payments and a default and wanting to borrow £80k on a £200k purchase price? Who is the lucky lender you've chosen for this?

Assume you've submitted your own PIF/Res and HTB affordability calculator to the right HTB Agent?
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
    • crystalpinks
    • By crystalpinks 20th Jan 18, 11:58 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    crystalpinks
    Yes I've got ATP after applying to H2B

Can you explain what you mean by lucky lender?

It's Halifax

I thought it would be fairly straight forward but it's been quite stressful! As I said, I wish I'd used a broker but it's done now, just keeping my fingers crossed 🤞
    Mortgage payments would be half of what I pay in rent so would be life changing for me and my kids
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,895Posts Today

8,894Users online

Martin's Twitter