Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 369
    • mattconway
    • By mattconway 24th Nov 17, 6:40 PM
    • 21 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    mattconway
    Hi everyone. I have been reading the thread for a while and wanted to join in on the thread.

Me and my partner are first time buyers using help to buy on a new build due for completion in May 2018.
    22/11 - DIP & Application made to Natwest through our broker
    24/11 - Valuation Fee taken out, further payslips requested and sent by broker and valuation booked in for Monday.

We are both very nervous about the process. At this point would the application have been assessed? Is the further payslips just to evidence income. We are both full time so all payslips are the same.My partner tax code is 1041L due to HRMC incorrect rebating last year so tax code change this year. Will Natwest take that into consideration do you think when assessing income. It's roughly £14 less per month than he would normally get.

Any advice is appreciated, it is a nightmare waiting as you all are aware!
    Last edited by mattconway; 25-11-2017 at 10:08 AM.
    • mattconway
    • By mattconway 25th Nov 17, 10:32 PM
    • 21 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    mattconway
    Do you think them requesting further payslips is a bad sign?
    • JaneyLouWho
    • By JaneyLouWho 26th Nov 17, 1:30 PM
    • 75 Posts
    • 30 Thanks
    JaneyLouWho
    Matt - no, in my experience they only request extra things if its not an outright no.
    • mattconway
    • By mattconway 26th Nov 17, 2:30 PM
    • 21 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    mattconway
    Thanks for the reply. I am hoping its not a no. Hopefully we will know more this week.
    • 3rdtimemover
    • By 3rdtimemover 26th Nov 17, 7:49 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    3rdtimemover
    Santander NI
    Offer accepted 26th October
    Mortgage application through broker to Santander on 7th November
    Valuation instructed 8th November
    Additional documents requested and approved by 13th November
    Additional documents approved by 16th November
    Passed to underwriters on 16th November
    Valuation booked for 23rd November
    Additional documents requested 21st November & submitted on 24th
    Valuation took place 23rd

We've heard nothing from valuation (Thursday & now Sunday) & I'm stressing the underwriters are still requesting additional documentation (one being that current house is in negative equity - we plan to rent it out).
    Keeping everything crossed for a positive outcome from valuation tomorrow & a decision asap. I'll be gutted if it doesn't go through. If it does I'm hoping for a completion before Christmas as the house is empty & we've no chain
    • yping930
    • By yping930 26th Nov 17, 10:03 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    yping930
    hsbc mortgage
    Sharing our timeline here as we have chosen HSBC and they does take their time to consider our application which is only a share ownership mortgage.
    16/10 Application completed online
    17/10 Bank replied online asked for lists of documents
    18/10 Docs sent to scan in branch and ID verified
    19-11/11 weekly calls and checked progress
    10/11 paperwork referred to underwritter and request 'missing' documents
    13/11 Under writter asked for pension letter Again and seems they have got the numbers wrong! Promised to finalize in two working days
    16/11 mortgage approved subject to valuation!!🙌🏽🙌🏽
    22/11 valuation done
    23/11 mortgage offered!!!
    Now it's all under the good hands of our solicitor and the housing!!
    • Firsttimebuyers
    • By Firsttimebuyers 27th Nov 17, 9:30 AM
    • 83 Posts
    • 30 Thanks
    Firsttimebuyers
    Do you think them requesting further payslips is a bad sign?
    Originally posted by mattconway

No, we got asked for more payslips by NatWest too, in our case it was to evidence Overtime as we needed it to ensure we hit affordability - it might be similar, if there's a chance your Gross Pay TD doesn't match what you say your salary is?

E.g. if you're paid monthly, this month is Month 8 of the Tax Year - if they look at your Total Gross, divide it by the month number you're up to, then multiply it by 12 (months in year) and it doesn't match what you've stated your Salary is - they'll want to try and figure out why.

Good luck everyone
    • mattconway
    • By mattconway 27th Nov 17, 11:05 AM
    • 21 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    mattconway
    No, we got asked for more payslips by NatWest too, in our case it was to evidence Overtime as we needed it to ensure we hit affordability - it might be similar, if there's a chance your Gross Pay TD doesn't match what you say your salary is?

E.g. if you're paid monthly, this month is Month 8 of the Tax Year - if they look at your Total Gross, divide it by the month number you're up to, then multiply it by 12 (months in year) and it doesn't match what you've stated your Salary is - they'll want to try and figure out why.

Good luck everyone
    Originally posted by Firsttimebuyers

Hello. We are not declaring any overtime , but I get paid 4 weekly so that might be the reason I guess. My partner gets paid monthly.
    We have both changed jobs in June and earn more so that might be the reason I guess. They have asked for 3 more months I believe.
    Last edited by mattconway; 27-11-2017 at 11:11 AM.
    • Firsttimebuyers
    • By Firsttimebuyers 27th Nov 17, 11:37 AM
    • 83 Posts
    • 30 Thanks
    Firsttimebuyers
    If it's a big change then it could be yes, I don't think it's a bad sign - just a sign that they want to check everything out, which if it's an immediate no they wouldn't do.
    • mattconway
    • By mattconway 27th Nov 17, 12:27 PM
    • 21 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    mattconway
    We have just heard from the Broker and the mortgage has been agreed subject to the valuation which is being done today at the development. We are so pleased, I can relax a bit now! They said the offer should be sent out by end of play Wednesday.

That is super quick just 1 week from application to offer if that sticks to plan.

DIP & Application 22/11/2017
    Extra pay slips sent 24/11/2017
    Valuation fee paid and booked for 27/11/2017 24/11/2017
    Mortgage agreed subjection to valuation 27/11/2017
    • 3rdtimemover
    • By 3rdtimemover 27th Nov 17, 12:30 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    3rdtimemover
    Further update. Last of documents accepted by Santander today & it's back to the underwriters again (was originally with them 10 days ago).

We're back to the start of the queue & they are onlyvreviewibg documents sent to them on 22 Nov.

Should we hear about the valuation at all? It happened on Thursday.

Thanks
    • mattconway
    • By mattconway 28th Nov 17, 10:50 AM
    • 21 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    mattconway
    We have just heard from the Broker and the mortgage has been agreed subject to the valuation which is being done today at the development. We are so pleased, I can relax a bit now! They said the offer should be sent out by end of play Wednesday.

That is super quick just 1 week from application to offer if that sticks to plan.

DIP & Application 22/11/2017
    Extra pay slips sent 24/11/2017
    Valuation fee paid and booked for 27/11/2017 24/11/2017
    Mortgage agreed subjection to valuation 27/11/2017
    Originally posted by mattconway

Mortgage offer received today!! 6 days from application with Natwest (through broker). They must be working super quick at the moment!.
    Last edited by mattconway; 28-11-2017 at 3:43 PM.
    • SassySaver88
    • By SassySaver88 3rd Dec 17, 10:27 AM
    • 38 Posts
    • 21 Thanks
    SassySaver88
    Update!!
    Had a call from our broker, Mortgage Offer should be with us early part of next week he's received his copy
    Fingers Crossed!!
    • SassySaver88
    • By SassySaver88 4th Dec 17, 5:40 PM
    • 38 Posts
    • 21 Thanks
    SassySaver88
    Mortgage Offer received today!!!!!
    So off to the awaiting to exchange board

good luck everyone!!
    • Dolly123
    • By Dolly123 4th Dec 17, 9:14 PM
    • 81 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Dolly123
    Matt - How many extra payslips did Natwest request?
    • Tunny
    • By Tunny 5th Dec 17, 10:46 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    Tunny
    29th Nov - AIP approved with Coventry BS (hard credit check)
    29th Nov - Offer placed on house
    29th Nov - Offer accepted
    29th Nov - Solicitor instructed
    30th Nov - full app
    30th Nov - while still with MA signing bits - estate agent called to say the valuation has just been booked - within 10 mins of full app being sent off!!
    1st Dec - Valuation carried out
    1st Dec - MA called, Coventry questioned a £20 a month DD for our home insurance (do you think this means they have already done the underwriting?)
    1st Dec - Coventry posted letter to accountants asking proof of income (not received by accountants as yet!)
    4th Dec - heard from MA that valuation good.
    4th Dec - sent paperwork to solicitors

All going nice and quick - but really want that offer letter so i can chill out and think about Christmas!!!!!

So stressful!
    • talulah25
    • By talulah25 7th Dec 17, 1:04 PM
    • 301 Posts
    • 268 Thanks
    talulah25
    So excited to be able to move over to this board. Our timeline so far:

9th Nov AIP

13th Nov 1st and 2nd offers rejected

15th Nov 3rd and final offer accepted

17th Nov solicitor instructed

20th Nov App submitted and immediately declined due to late payment (long story)

21st Nov-24th Nov battle with utility company to get late payment removed, successful!

27th Nov-4th Dec trying to get another AIP as OH's credit score took a nosedive due to above issue

5/12 AIP and app submitted

6/12 request for a few more documents not initially provided, immediately scanned and emailed

Our intended completion date was originally next week but for obvious reasons we are pushing it back to early January now. Easily the most stressful process we've ever been through, especially the late payment stuff.
    • Tunny
    • By Tunny 11th Dec 17, 12:17 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    Tunny
    29th Nov - AIP approved with Coventry BS (hard credit check)
    29th Nov - Offer placed on house
    29th Nov - Offer accepted
    29th Nov - Solicitor instructed
    30th Nov - full app
    30th Nov - while still with MA signing bits - estate agent called to say the valuation has just been booked - within 10 mins of full app being sent off!!
    1st Dec - Valuation carried out
    1st Dec - MA called, Coventry questioned a £20 a month DD for our home insurance (do you think this means they have already done the underwriting?)
    1st Dec - Coventry posted letter to accountants asking proof of income (not received by accountants as yet!)
    4th Dec - heard from MA that valuation good.
    4th Dec - sent paperwork to solicitors
    8th Dec - Mortgage approved and offer letter sent!!!!!

Finally!! So chuffed!!!
    • EllezBellz
    • By EllezBellz 12th Dec 17, 10:05 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    EllezBellz
    First time buyer! Solicitors are hoping to exchange 5th of Jan! Could be unlikely?

5/12/17 - Offer Made & Accepted
    11/12/17 - DIP Approved
    12/12/17 Full application submitted to Natwest
    12/12/17 Natwest Approved with Credit Checks
    13/12/17 Valuation Fee and Application Passed to underwriters
    Last edited by EllezBellz; 13-12-2017 at 10:44 AM.
    • Martin8870
    • By Martin8870 14th Dec 17, 12:56 AM
    • 19 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Martin8870
    Been reading these posts for a few days now and i just want to clear something up, here’s were we are at so far;

6/12 Recieved our AIP (soft search credit check)
    8/12 reserved a off plan new build
    11/12 payslips and statements sent to broker
    12/12 broker said he has sent them off to the underwriters... does this mean he has filled out our mortgage application form and sent that to the underwriters?
    He said we should have recieved an offer by friday 22/12 but also said not to pay any solisitor fees as of yet... so basically, so far, all i have done regarding solistors is rang around for quotes and made our broker and bellway homes aware of who we are using. Does this sound right? Im sure it is they seem a repertable broker firm but from reading other peoples timelines it doesnt seem the norm.

Is it possible the broker has sent our docs or application form to a number of brokers? Not sure how this works

If we pass a soft search credit check does this mean me have fully passed a credit check? I know the lender will do a hard search but as far as im aware a hard search just means it leaves a mark on your credit file, not sure if it means they go into further detail or not

Im running out of finger nails to bite, im going to start chewing my fingers soon! Very nurve racking.
    Last edited by Martin8870; 14-12-2017 at 1:01 AM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

212Posts Today

1,251Users online

Martin's Twitter