Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 361
    • ad2
    • By ad2 23rd Sep 17, 8:21 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    ad2
    Great so should hopefully hear this week. Thanks!
    • ellaurelle
    • By ellaurelle 24th Sep 17, 3:29 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    ellaurelle
    Hi guys, I'm new to this! We have just found the perfect family home for us (and 2 kiddies) and have started the mortgage application. It's not been plain sailing at all as we previously had a DMP (within the last 6 years) so that's really held us back until now. Everything was going along fine, had our offer accepted on the house and got a phone call yesterday from our broker saying because we have a returned DD (not rent/utility/essential bills related) it could be a flat rejection for the mortgage application as adverse credit lenders always look through bank statements Currently feeling very disheartened over the whole thing. Especially seeing as our son got wind of a potential house and school move and has just got his head around it!
    Fingers crossed for you all! Such a nerve wrecking time. Waiting to hear tomorrow!!!
    • stu2500
    • By stu2500 26th Sep 17, 10:09 AM
    • 127 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    stu2500
    Well I'm glad to say we have received our formal mortgage offer, following on from our survey last Thursday. Natwest and our Broker have been very good up to now. All we need is for the sellers to find their property and we're ready to go, the waiting game continues.
    • middy991
    • By middy991 28th Sep 17, 4:08 PM
    • 47 Posts
    • 15 Thanks
    middy991
    back here after having to pullout of our first buy as it just needed too much doing to it after the home buyers report,so put an offer in on another property nd had it accepted just waiting on broker to hear back from lender to what we can do now
    • MrCH
    • By MrCH 28th Sep 17, 6:42 PM
    • 72 Posts
    • 25 Thanks
    MrCH
    Natwest update

11/8 Offer accepted
    11/8 DIP put in
    14/8 DIP approved
    14/8 All docs sent to broker for full app
    17/8 survey fee taken out
    18/8 email received to say that a survey will be done 23/8
    22/8 valuation moved to 30/8

6th September - MORTGAGE OFFER

Me and the wife are absolutely made up. Been needing to get this mortgage for quite a long time but circumstances stopped us.
    Originally posted by MrCH
    Funds requested from Natwest yesterday.
    Received today before 3pm.

Hopefully getting the keys tomorrow
    • archersluck
    • By archersluck 29th Sep 17, 2:41 PM
    • 617 Posts
    • 2,255 Thanks
    archersluck
    Hi all, can finally join here - been saving for a deposit for about 5.5 years now. We've had an offer accepted and passed initial credit checks for a post office mortgage 5 year fix at 2.11%. Payment has been taken for survey too.

Various paperwork has now been requested, have sent off anything we can electronically and I'm now waiting for my first direct current account statement to arrive so we can post off the remainder. Just want it all submitted!

Fingers crossed for everyone here that everything goes through smoothly

Saving for a deposit: £11,621.15
    20/25lbs
    • Charlie1979
    • By Charlie1979 2nd Oct 17, 8:40 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Charlie1979
    New to this and not sure if Iím worrying unnecessarily. Going through Nationwide as a FTB and using a broker.

AIP: 22 Aug
    Offer accepted: 30 Aug
    Valuation: 14 Sept
    Valuation completed and awaiting review text: 14 Sept

Itís now been just over 2 weeks (or 12 working days) and still no word whether or not Iíve got the offer. Should I be worried that is taking so long to get the offer?

Iíve spoken to my broker and heís told me not to worry (numerous times) and Iíve not been asked for any other docs, so just sitting here waiting ..... very stressful!
    • Cheery Daff
    • By Cheery Daff 2nd Oct 17, 9:11 AM
    • 7,839 Posts
    • 37,892 Thanks
    Cheery Daff
    Still waiting here - offer accepted 9th August and mortgage application done 18th August...

Currently waiting for sellers to agree to divide land into two parcels so the main one fits under building society criteria, then it has to go back to valuers, then back to building society and then hopefully we will get an offer.

Not holding my breath - the goalposts have moved so many times in this process I full expect the building society to come up with some new requirement despite me specifically asking whether this was the last thing and them saying yes...

Fingers crossed...
    Saved for house move: £16,000
    • Tommyjw
    • By Tommyjw 5th Oct 17, 10:50 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Tommyjw
    Wednesday 11th October mortgage offer runs out.

A simple remortgage from unencumbered to buy out a shared ownership, no other lender involved or chain etc, and Oneill patients have managed to drag it out for almost 3 and months to this point . Emails ignored , callbacks promised that didn't happen, the housing associations solicitors chasing multiple times.

They messaged me 2 weeks ago asking if there was a shared ownership involves and giving me another document to fill out, something on all the forms I sent them 3 months ago with attached paperwork about the housing association !

Truly the worst service I have ever come across and will definitely ignore any free solicitor deals in the future.
    • Regina.filangie
    • By Regina.filangie 5th Oct 17, 11:24 PM
    • 74 Posts
    • 80 Thanks
    Regina.filangie
    Hi everyone, so pleased I can finally join this thread! Had offer accepted on my house back in May and have had a nightmare trying to find somewhere to buy due to a slow market. My buyers are understandably getting impatient.
    Viewed and offered on a house priced over my budget back in July but the vendor said no.
    Had another offer accepted on a different property since then but the 3rd bedroom was tiny and it needed a new kitchen etc. Anyway the vendor from the other house then changed their mind and have accepted my below asking price offer so I've pulled out of the other one and I'm going for it.
    Had my mortgage appointment with my broker on Friday and they submitted my application on Tuesday with Natwest. Money has already been taken for the survey. Fingers crossed!
    • 23Richie
    • By 23Richie 7th Oct 17, 4:41 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    23Richie
    Refused after AIP
    We got refused by Halifax after AIP went through start of Sept. Only difference being we supplied our marriage certificate to prove name change. Our broker is appealing and waiting to ding m find out. Anyone else had this?
    • Regina.filangie
    • By Regina.filangie 10th Oct 17, 10:13 AM
    • 74 Posts
    • 80 Thanks
    Regina.filangie
    Hi everyone just a quick update. Here's my timeline so far;
    End of May - accepted offer in my house
    End of July - viewed a 4 bed house and loved it. It had been reduced several times, now on for £180k. Offered £160k, rejected. Went to £165, this was also rejected so I walked away.
    Beginning of Sept - offered on 3 bed in the right area but wasn't convinced about the house. Tiny 3rd bedroom and gardens and kitchen need lots of work as well as decorating and carpets throughout. Offer eventually accepted £2k below asking price.
    Following day - estate agent for the vendor of the 4 bed got in touch to say they now wanted to accept my offer! Decided to proceed and pulled out of buying the 3 bed.
    30/09/17 met with broker. Very pleased with them so far. Found me a good deal with Natwest. Provided 3 months bank statements, tax credits award letter, passport, 3 months payslips etc.
    03/10/17 broker submitted full application
    04/10/17 money taken out of my account for the valuation survey
    06/10/17 survey carried out by Countrywide and came back for the correct amount
    06/10/17 solicitor waiting for draft contracts from vendors solicitor before ordering searches. Searches paid for.
    10/07/17 results of survey report sent to me by my broker.

Just waiting for the offer to come through now. My buyers are ready to exchange so hopefully the searches won't take too long.
    • jarshay
    • By jarshay 10th Oct 17, 11:59 AM
    • 47 Posts
    • 22 Thanks
    jarshay
    My wife and I have had a real rollercoaster of a time trying to get a mortgage as we are Ltd Company directors.

We found a beautiful house in June and had the offer accepted after getting our AIP from Santander via a broker then after 4 weeks, they then said they wouldn’t lend to us without 3 years of accounts.

We then went back to the drawing board and looked for a new house as the one we wanted had sold.

26/7 - Offer accepted
    1/8 Initial meeting with Ipswich Building Society
    After a lot of backing and forthing we decided to not proceed as the Ipswich were very slow in responding
    29/8 DIP put in with Natwest via broker
    29/8 All documents sent to broker
    30/8 DIP approved
    5/9 - Valuation booked for 21/9 (annoying delay)
    7/9 Underwriting process started
    20/9 Natwest requested draft accounts for current financial year
    21/9 Valuation carried out (came back fine)
    2/10 Accounts uploaded to Natwest
    10/10 - MORTGAGE OFFER in post!
    • archersluck
    • By archersluck 10th Oct 17, 4:58 PM
    • 617 Posts
    • 2,255 Thanks
    archersluck
    Just found out my surveys were today!! Was worried nothing was happening so chased, my broker says they've been swamped with people remortaging due to fears about rate rises so probably why i hadnt been updated. Apparently the underwriter has signed everything off too, they're just waiting for valuation. Eep, fingers crossed

Saving for a deposit: £11,621.15
    20/25lbs
    • Cheery Daff
    • By Cheery Daff 10th Oct 17, 5:45 PM
    • 7,839 Posts
    • 37,892 Thanks
    Cheery Daff
    Yawn, don't even know why I'm bothering with an update as very little has happened.

Aug 9th - offer accepted on new house
    Aug 18th - full mortgage application submitted
    Aug 29th - lender offered £3k less than requested. Replied with proof of impending pay rise
    Aug 31st - lender 'discovered' student loan (which I had declared to broker at start), offered £20k less than requested
    Sept 5th - lender agreed to offer requested amount if I sent proof of ability to pay off entire student loan before completion. Did this straight away
    Sept 7th - lender offered £11k below requested amount (aarrgghhh! Stop sending it to someone different to look at every bloody time!)
    Sept 11th - received valuation report - new house valued at £0 (aarrgghh!)
    Sept 18th - finally received payrise and sent new wage slip and bank statement
    Sept 21st - lender finally agreed to full amount (hooray!) but no offer as house valued at £0. Broker requested letter from solicitor to confirm we can change property title to fit lender requirements (which I raised with broker at application stage, and he said 'wouldn't be a problem')
    Sept 26th-29th - solicitor can't write letter without full conditions from lender, or agreement from seller. Broker tells me to sort it out. I draft change to title and suggest costs etc. Solicitor happy, and sends to seller's solicitor, who is also fine and goes away to ask sellers for their permission.

Still no response from sellers nearly 2 weeks later. Chased their estate agent, who reckons they have now spoken to their solicitor who is now 'writing to' my solicitor. If they don't agree to what I've suggested (which has ZERO consequences for them as we are still buying ALL of the property for the SAME MONEY at the SAME TIME), we won't get this mortgage, and will have to start the whole process again.

7.5 weeks from full application and we still don't have a mortgage - is that a record?!

Tearing my hair out... Instructed solicitor right at the start so if everything DOES go through (fingers crossed) at least there won't be a delay. If it all falls apart of course, there will be a hefty bill for nowt
    • h240
    • By h240 10th Oct 17, 11:29 PM
    • 18 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    h240
    Can finally say after the longest 6 week wait of our lives we got our mortgage offer today 😀
    • middy991
    • By middy991 12th Oct 17, 7:52 PM
    • 47 Posts
    • 15 Thanks
    middy991
    so after first house buy fell through due to upto 25k in repairs needed, so we found another place nothing spectacular but hopefully have it paid off pretty quick nd be ours,offer accepted on 28/9 had to reapply kind of with lender (which are not the fastest) heard from broker today 12/10 valuation booked for tuesday 17/10, solicitors sorted and set on 5/10 get a free 2nd set of searches as first sale fell through saving us a bit of money there just hope this ones ok and we can be in for xmas be good for the lad to start new school after xmas too
    • yloops
    • By yloops 13th Oct 17, 11:16 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    yloops
    Santander Mortgage
    I feel comfortable enough to join the fold. Wish me luck.

Santander Mortgage, through a broker who has been an absolute legend.

Background:
    Joint Application - Me bad credit due to a default 2 years ago, however have had clean history since (all green ticks), 3 credit cards with 0 balance and all cleaned up. Girlfriend, spotless credit rating 1 credit 0 balance card all green ticks 999 credit score.

My credit made things very tough, but our mortgage broker did magic and found a deal at Santander that he thought we could get:

10/08/2017 - Decision In Principle
    29/09/2017 - Full Mortgage Application put through
    29/09/2017 - Valuation Instructed
    04/10/2017 - Passed to Underwriting
    06/10/2017 - Application Agreed subject to valuation
    13/10/2017 - Valuation Occures

Santander and our mortgage brokers have been brilliant, very fast with everything.

So now we are waiting for the valuation on the property to come through. Hopefully it will be okay and we'll be home and dry. Been nervous since the beginning, and this last stretch is killing me!
    • yloops
    • By yloops 13th Oct 17, 5:33 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    yloops
    I feel comfortable enough to join the fold. Wish me luck.

Santander Mortgage, through a broker who has been an absolute legend.

Background:
    Joint Application - Me bad credit due to a default 2 years ago, however have had clean history since (all green ticks), 3 credit cards with 0 balance and all cleaned up. Girlfriend, spotless credit rating 1 credit 0 balance card all green ticks 999 credit score.

My credit made things very tough, but our mortgage broker did magic and found a deal at Santander that he thought we could get:

10/08/2017 - Decision In Principle
    29/09/2017 - Full Mortgage Application put through
    29/09/2017 - Valuation Instructed
    04/10/2017 - Passed to Underwriting
    06/10/2017 - Application Agreed subject to valuation
    13/10/2017 - Valuation Occures

Santander and our mortgage brokers have been brilliant, very fast with everything.

So now we are waiting for the valuation on the property to come through. Hopefully it will be okay and we'll be home and dry. Been nervous since the beginning, and this last stretch is killing me!
    Originally posted by yloops
    Ummmm so Santander have been ridiculously fast.

13/10/2017 - Valuation at 11am
    13/10/2017 - Mortgage Offer accepted and sent out text recieved - 3.58pm

They have been super fast offer on the same day as valuation seems crazy! Anyways over the moon!!
    Last edited by yloops; 13-10-2017 at 5:41 PM.
    • Cheery Daff
    • By Cheery Daff 13th Oct 17, 7:02 PM
    • 7,839 Posts
    • 37,892 Thanks
    Cheery Daff
    Crikey that IS fast, well done!!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,066Posts Today

7,600Users online

Martin's Twitter