Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 359
    • CommitedToChange
    • By CommitedToChange 12th Sep 17, 2:59 PM
    • 1,019 Posts
    • 3,540 Thanks
    CommitedToChange
    Hi Guys

After much stalking I finally get to join this thread - super scary and stressful already.

06/9/17 - Met broker, handed over all docs and did factfind
    09/9/17 - view 4 house, really love number 3, sleep on decision
    10/9/17 - put in offer - accepted an hour later!
    11/9/17 - API sorted with Pepper
    11/9/17 - solicitor instructed -
    12/9/17 - full application put in

Now to stress and worry about the valuation - there is some damp that needs fixing, the vendors actually had a full survey done themselves so I know what to expect - just hoping I don't have any stupid conditions or retentions on my offer (assuming I get one).
    Last edited by CommitedToChange; 12-09-2017 at 3:02 PM.
    Attempting to buy a house
    • Ali03
    • By Ali03 12th Sep 17, 3:39 PM
    • 14 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Ali03
    Just to add to mine;

12/09/2017 - NatWest called to say our mortgage has been approved subject to valuation, yippee!
    • Cheery Daff
    • By Cheery Daff 12th Sep 17, 5:12 PM
    • 7,808 Posts
    • 37,799 Thanks
    Cheery Daff
    We had a letter today saying our new house has been valued at £0 - I'm pretty sure that doesn't mean they'll be handing it over for free

I think it's because it has over 10 acres of land, which I told broker at the start and he said the underwriter had said it was fine. Don't believe a word he says any more Solicitor says it should be fairly straightforward to split it and pay cash for part of the land and mortgage for the house and 'garden'.

Losing any thought of being in by Christmas - or even at all at this rate
    Saved for house move: £16,000
    • hurtloam
    • By hurtloam 13th Sep 17, 10:23 AM
    • 7 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    hurtloam
    Well, it was Thursday last week that Santander sent me a text message to say my application had been received and I've had no feedback.
    • HappyLassie13
    • By HappyLassie13 13th Sep 17, 11:04 AM
    • 15 Posts
    • 46 Thanks
    HappyLassie13
    Newbie :)
    Hello Everyone,

I've been following this thread for a little while now and thought i'd add my own little timeline on.

I am a FTB.

02/09/2017 - DIP with Natwest
    07/09/2017 - Offer made on a house
    09/09/2017 - Offer accepted
    09/09/2017 - Conveyor and solicitor Instructed
    12/09/2017 - Full application submitted, however to Santender (better deal and willing to lend on IBSF)
    12/09/2017 - Text and Email received to say Santander had recieved application.

Waiting begins....
    • Lozzyjohn13
    • By Lozzyjohn13 13th Sep 17, 7:21 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Lozzyjohn13
    Has anyone been in the situation where a mortgage in principle was offered and then the computer refreshed and it was declined?? 😔
    • Cheery Daff
    • By Cheery Daff 13th Sep 17, 9:47 PM
    • 7,808 Posts
    • 37,799 Thanks
    Cheery Daff
    Ours hasn't been declined (yet) but the amount was reduced quite substantially for various reasons, and now the house has been valued at £0 so I'm not holding my breath... seems to go to a different underwriter every time it goes back and they all seem to start from scratch and find sonething wrong with it, rather than going with the decision of the last person and just accepting the extra evidence we've provided.

A most tiresome process... Part of me is wishing we hadn't bothered trying to move
    Saved for house move: £16,000
    • middy991
    • By middy991 14th Sep 17, 5:05 PM
    • 37 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    middy991
    So just heard from broker application gone to final underwriter for final checks so should know in 48 hours,Kacking it even more now could be a long weekend
    • Lozzyjohn13
    • By Lozzyjohn13 14th Sep 17, 11:56 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Lozzyjohn13
    Fingers crossed for you
    • hurtloam
    • By hurtloam 15th Sep 17, 8:49 AM
    • 7 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    hurtloam
    I'm having a terrible time with my mortgage advisor not answering emails or letting me know what's happening. I managed to get the receptionist to find some info out for me and I have been approved for a mortgage that is £4500 less than I need. My mortgage advisor is out of the office again and won't be back till early next week, so I have no idea what my next step is.

Apparently it's due to debt I have. Could that be my student loan as I only have a car repayment of £100 odd a month and £1000 on my credit card?

I don't know how one goes ahead and accepts a mortgage. What say I got the price knocked down by £4500, then how do I go ahead with the mortgage?

On the other hand how do you back out of a purchase. I'm really regretting going down this road. I haven't progressed the contract to a legally binding conclusion.
    Last edited by hurtloam; 15-09-2017 at 9:23 AM.
    • FTB1991
    • By FTB1991 15th Sep 17, 1:12 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    FTB1991
    Evening all,

As FTB's we thought we will add our process of applying for a mortgage.

17/08 - AIP approved with Halifax for a max £245k with 5% deposit which I thought was ridiculously high. But nice to see anyway.

21/08 - Viewed house (loved it!)
    22/08 - Viewed house for 2nd time with fianc!e parents and made offer at asking price (£160k) and was accepted 2 hours later.

24/08 - The nerve racking mortgage application with advisor. Which actually turned out to be very easy. Mortgage application submitted and given an A2 credit score so only 1 payslip needed from both us. And told it was approved subjected to valuation. Finally, later on we instructed our solicitors.

02/08 - Was told by our mortgage advisor that the valuation was delayed without a date given due to an backlog with the surveyors.

05/08 - Told the valuation is now booked for the 14/08. Just annoying waiting this length of time for a valuation survey.

Will keep you updated of our process
    Originally posted by FTB1991
    Had the valuation yesterday, mortgage advisor is currently waiting for the electronic copy.

Anyone have any idea how long does it usually take the report to be sent to the MA?
    • TGG11
    • By TGG11 15th Sep 17, 2:03 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    TGG11
    Long time lurker, first time poster

We have had our AIP approved from both a broker and Halifax directly for several months. Previously got gazumped on a property where Halifax had already booked a valuer within 24 hours.

We viewed property on 8 Sep - made an offer on 11 Sep and offer accepted 12Sept.
    Mortgage application made via broker on 13 September
    Instructed solicitors on 14 September
    Today have been told that the valuation has been booked for 25 September.

Do we need to worry about the 10 day delay given that it happened so quickly last time? We are on a bit of a strict timeline as our landlord is selling our property so we need to be out by 30 Oct but I was hoping given that the property we are buying is vacant and we have nothing to sell that everything world happen quickly.
    • Jader123
    • By Jader123 15th Sep 17, 2:40 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Jader123
    So after being messed around by santander asking to provide this and that, we provided evidence they asked and still got declined...We've finally been approved for mortgage with RBS pending valuation!

6000 less than asked for...can only scrape together another 3000, explained to seller and she's kindly accepted 3000 lower offer from us. Yay! Valuation in process of being booked in finally feel like moving in right direction
    • middy991
    • By middy991 15th Sep 17, 5:26 PM
    • 37 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    middy991
    Gonna be a long weekend waiting to here on Monday as not heard today
    • Ali03
    • By Ali03 15th Sep 17, 7:49 PM
    • 14 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Ali03
    We had our valuation on Thursday and Thursday evening, NatWest had emailed the offer letter to us. After 2 mortgage advisors messed up applications loosing us 2 houses, we went it alone and we got there. In less than 2 weeks we found a house and had our mortgage offer. So happy to have what seemed like a nightmare 6 weeks, end in happy tears. We too are being kicked out by landlords after they are selling, so massive relief. Now it's a waiting game. Solicitor seems very slow though. Contacted them 2 weeks ago and haven't received our pack yet. Emailed yesterday to say they have received the draft contracts so that sounds good?

Good luck everyone
    • abby28
    • By abby28 17th Sep 17, 8:48 AM
    • 11 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    abby28
    Hi Ali!

I had my valuation done on the same day as you Thursday! I am still waiting for an offer but you received yours the same day! Wow congrats. I hope I am celebrating this week with an offer
    • abby28
    • By abby28 17th Sep 17, 8:55 AM
    • 11 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    abby28
    Hello

I was declined by Santander too as they didn't like something on my tax credit form! Then my broker put me with NatWest. AIP passed pending further checks, they have asked for lots of paper work from me since then through the broker. Checked on the online mortgage tracker and after a few days all the queries were ticked and the broker called me to say they will lend me the money but £200 less than what I want! I agreed that was fine and then the mortgage tracker updated to valuation has been booked waiting for surveyor. I asked my broker if the fact Santander left a hard footprint on my credit score if that would affect my credit rating with NatWest but he said no as NatWest have done their credit checks as he had an email from them saying once the valuation has been done they will make an offer! So the valuation was done last Thursday (14/09) and I'm waiting for my offfer fingers crossed!
    • Time2go
    • By Time2go 17th Sep 17, 9:22 AM
    • 183 Posts
    • 40 Thanks
    Time2go
    We have both valuation on place we are buying and selling this week. Very excited althoughas it's been only a week since application and we are using precise I don't think the lmortgage has been underwrote yet
    • middy991
    • By middy991 18th Sep 17, 2:39 PM
    • 37 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    middy991
    just spoke to mortgage broker and its been......approved yeah cant believe it just waiting on email of offer
    • abby28
    • By abby28 18th Sep 17, 4:42 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    abby28
    Congrats! I'm still waiting to hear what the valuation came back as... they did the survey last Thursday.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,834Posts Today

9,553Users online

Martin's Twitter