Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 358
    • HGW2012
    • By HGW2012 7th Sep 17, 1:35 PM
    • 63 Posts
    • 31 Thanks
    HGW2012
    Update today

    31/7 DIP
    5/8 Offer accepted
    7/8 Solicitor appointed (currently on hold until mortgage app through)
    9/8 Broker appointment, all documents given and mortgage chosen through Halifax
    18/8 1 pay slip requested from Halifax
    21/8 Valuation and Home Buyers Survey booked for 31st
    31/8 Valuation and Survey went ahead
    5/9 Mortgage approved for full amount
    6/9 Solicitors told to go go go!
    6/9 Survey back and uploaded few minor issues will bring up with solicitor.

    Can't believe I get to move onto the Exchange thread! Exciting.
    Good luck to everyone waiting for a decision.
    • middy991
    • By middy991 7th Sep 17, 1:48 PM
    • 31 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    middy991
    heard from mortgage broker this morning apparently the accountants not signed the accounts to the mortgage companies liking and want them resigned but his away till monday valuation come back ok and their going through confirming deposit,Guess were off back to the bottom of pile
    • Cheery Daff
    • By Cheery Daff 7th Sep 17, 2:31 PM
    • 7,664 Posts
    • 37,244 Thanks
    Cheery Daff
    Good luck all. Very jealous of you all that have your offers, hoping we'll join you soon!

    Brief recap...

    30th June - decision in principle for £215k
    9th Aug - offer accepted on house
    17th - full application done through broker for £215k
    22nd - broker requested extra docs
    29th - building society got back to broker to say would only lend £212k
    29th - I emailed proof of impending pay rise which will easily cover the extra £13 a month
    31st broker emailed to say senior underwriter will now only lend us £195k (rising to £202 once pay rise has started) due to my student loan payment - which both broker and building society have known about from the start
    1st Sept - broker emailed building society pleading 'special case' as we have low ltv
    4th Sept - no response (and broker hadn't bothered actually ringing me to discuss as requested several times ) so I offered to pay off student loan
    5th Sept - rang building society directly, they still needed 'lending into retirement;' form and some stupid query about a discrepancy on HMRC form
    later on 5th Sept - underwriter agreed to lend £215k if I provided proof of remaining loan amount and funds to pay it off Emailed screenshots of electronic bank and student loan account to broker.

    Not had a reply to say my screenshots are acceptable or otherwise. Three weeks into the mortgage application now and still not even had a valuation ordered - aarrgghh!

    Mind you, looks like our buyers only put in their full application at the start of this week Chain has been complete for over 4 weeks now so I'd hoped to be further along than this by now!

    At least I went against advice and instructed solicitor at the start so my searches will (SHOULD) be happening already - although I suppose we're still going to hang around waiting for everyone else.

    At the minute I can't believe we're ever going to be allowed to move at all
    Saved for house move: £15,121.80
    • hurtloam
    • By hurtloam 7th Sep 17, 4:29 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    hurtloam
    Went through a mortgage broker who has applied for me. Got a text to say my application has been received... and so it begins.
    • Mo87
    • By Mo87 8th Sep 17, 7:53 AM
    • 53 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Mo87
    Finally made some progress

    AIP Received; 25/7/17
    Full Application Submitted 31/7/17
    Acceptance Subject to Valuation 1/8/17
    Valuation 10/8/17
    Down Valuation 11/8/17 - £240,000
    Renegotiated 16/8/17 - Price dropped from £252,950 to £246,000 plus further optional upgrades.
    Full offer; 17/8/17
    Appeal down valuation 20/8/17
    Appeal rejected and 2nd valuation instructed; 24/8/17
    2nd Valuation; 5/9/17
    Full offer at purchase price received 6/9/17

    Stressful would be an understatement, ha

    Broker in this case worth her weight in gold !
    • kpart123
    • By kpart123 8th Sep 17, 9:04 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    kpart123
    I'll join. My partners wants me to stop going on about it but it's wizzing round my head all day. Valuation booked we have not been asked for any other documents.. is that good?
    • bubblerawk
    • By bubblerawk 8th Sep 17, 9:11 PM
    • 18 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    bubblerawk
    I think it depends on your mortgage company. Santander instruct valuation straight away. We should be getting our offer next week from santander and haven't been ask for any extra paperwork so far
    • shilton87
    • By shilton87 9th Sep 17, 10:13 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    shilton87
    Timeline so far..

    21st Aug - Plot released (new build)
    23rd Aug - DIP Halifax (via broker, L&C)
    26th Aug – Plot reserved, fee paid
    *insert inconvenient Bank Holiday*
    29th Aug – Instructed conveyancer
    30th Aug – HTB application completed and sent back to broker
    31st Aug – Mortgage application submitted to Leeds Building Society (broker found a better mortgage deal with LBS than with Halifax)
    1st Sept - Credit search appeared on credit report from lender
    1st Sept - Additional documents requested by lender
    2nd Sept - Additional documents posted to broker
    6th Sept - Received approval for HTB equity loan and given ATP
    7th Sept - Confirmation that lender has received all documents required
    *waits semi-patiently*

    I'm guessing the next step is waiting to hear about a valuation (if the lender is happy to proceed)?
    Any one else waiting on a decision from Leeds Building Society, or know roughly how long I should be expecting to wait?
    • CAMJO
    • By CAMJO 9th Sep 17, 9:32 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    CAMJO
    Our timeline

    DIP Mid July - general
    12/08 Offer made
    14/08 Offer accepted
    14/08 Instructed solicitor
    14/08 DIP Precise Mortgages
    17/08 Precise Mortgage app completed
    31/08 Declined by Precise Mortgages
    01/09 DIP Vida Homeloans
    04/09 App Vida Homeloans
    04/09 Change solicitor to one on approved panel for Vida Homeloans
    05/09 P60 emailed
    05/09 Valuation fee taken
    08/09 August payslip and memorandum of sale passed to broker
    08/09 Precise valuation and survey refunded
    08/09 Original conveyancer refund
    • Time2go
    • By Time2go 9th Sep 17, 9:53 PM
    • 127 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    Time2go
    Can I ask why you got turned down by precise was it after dip. Our application will hopefully go in on Monday and I'm scared it's all a dream.
    • CAMJO
    • By CAMJO 9th Sep 17, 10:41 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    CAMJO
    Precise do a soft check at DIP stage with Experian, then full check with Equifax.
    Partners previous mortgage arrears recorded differently on Equifax as AP whereas Experian listed as U (unclassified) and then altered. We queried with Experian and they were asked to reclassify.
    Good luck to you x
    • tt07
    • By tt07 10th Sep 17, 6:21 AM
    • 65 Posts
    • 18 Thanks
    tt07
    We are waiting a Mortgage Decision and part way through the process
    04/08/17 - AIP Done
    06/08/17 - Plot Reserved
    11/08/17 - Chat with advisor
    17/08/17 - Got Application Form
    21/08/17- Application Received and Scanned
    23/08/17 - Passed 1st checks and passed to underwriter
    25/08/17 - Surveyor booked for 4/9
    04/09/17 - Surveyor Been
    05/09/17 - BS received Survey
    09/09/17 - Copy of Survey in post
    • tt07
    • By tt07 10th Sep 17, 6:27 AM
    • 65 Posts
    • 18 Thanks
    tt07
    Timeline so far..

    I'm guessing the next step is waiting to hear about a valuation (if the lender is happy to proceed)?
    Any one else waiting on a decision from Leeds Building Society, or know roughly how long I should be expecting to wait?
    Originally posted by shilton87
    For us it wasn't so much the time for LBS to instruct a surveyor just the availability of the surveyor! Every casei is different

    Good luck.
    • mrnmrsFTB
    • By mrnmrsFTB 10th Sep 17, 3:14 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    mrnmrsFTB
    Hi all,

    We are buying a first house now, just waiting for mortgage application to go through. 90% LTV with Halifax. Just worrried something is going to go wrong. This is our dream house, only think that might be frowned upon by lender is we bought a car 2 months ago outright.

    Timeline so far

    05/09 - chat with broker
    05/09 - AIP with Halifax (90% LTV)
    07/09 - Additional documents sent to broker
    09/09 - Reserved new build
    11/09 - Full application submitted
    • Time2go
    • By Time2go 10th Sep 17, 5:15 PM
    • 127 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    Time2go
    Didn't thought Halifax did more than 85% on newbuild unless you are using help to buyers
    • kingstreet
    • By kingstreet 10th Sep 17, 5:21 PM
    • 31,941 Posts
    • 17,070 Thanks
    kingstreet
    Didn't thought Halifax did more than 85% on newbuild unless you are using help to buyers
    Originally posted by Time2go
    They do upto 95% for specific builders/brokers.
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
    • Time2go
    • By Time2go 11th Sep 17, 12:08 PM
    • 127 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    Time2go
    I can now officially join in

    Feb2015 spoke to broker re adverse gr dip with precise
    Aug 2015 flat went on market
    2017 Dip Precise mortgages Feb march to get ideaof lending
    6 June offer revived plot reserved on new build
    12 June broker about to submit full app
    12 June stopbuyer pulled out
    27 August new offer to low buyer 3
    28 August new offer full asking price buyer 2 and accepted
    29 August buyer 2 pulls out only had residential aip needed btl aip whoops
    30 Aug buyer 3 upped offer and accepted
    6 September buyer 3 mortgage approved to equity release and there survey set on our flat.
    11 September mortgage offer to precise finally put in/
    • middy991
    • By middy991 11th Sep 17, 5:23 PM
    • 31 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    middy991
    a quick one when the lender asks for more documents does that mean they havent started to go through the full application yet
    • tt07
    • By tt07 12th Sep 17, 6:16 AM
    • 65 Posts
    • 18 Thanks
    tt07
    We are waiting a Mortgage Decision and part way through the process
    04/08/17 - AIP Done
    06/08/17 - Plot Reserved
    11/08/17 - Chat with advisor
    17/08/17 - Got Application Form
    21/08/17- Application Received and Scanned
    23/08/17 - Passed 1st checks and passed to underwriter
    25/08/17 - Surveyor booked for 4/9
    04/09/17 - Surveyor Been
    05/09/17 - BS received Survey
    09/09/17 - Copy of Survey in post
    11/09/17 - Electronic copy of offer

    Expecting postal version of offer any day off to the next thread, good luck to those waiting.
    • Ali03
    • By Ali03 12th Sep 17, 12:52 PM
    • 14 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Ali03
    Can I join please;

    02/09/2017 - offer accepted
    04/09/2017 - morthage application to NatWest
    08/09/2017 - NatWest requested more payslips from partner, as he gets shift allowance
    09/09/2017 - valuation fee paid
    10/09/2017 - partner took payslips to a branch
    12/09/2017 - valuation booked for 14/09/2017
    12/09/2017 - NatWest rang to say they haven't received the payslips yet! Stupid branch lost them. Gave partner email address to send them too

    It's such a nerve racking and stressful business. We have already lost 2 houses due to a mortgage advisor error and the other to the seller accepting another offer and wanting us to just race to the finish line, so we pulled out. So needless to say I am more nervous and scared than excited right now. I hope they accept my partners shift allowance otherwise we are doomed! I did read they accept 100% so hope it's right!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,033Posts Today

8,778Users online

Martin's Twitter