Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 344
    • Returntosender
    • By Returntosender 5th Jul 17, 11:31 AM
    • 20 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    Returntosender
    Good luck everyone. I'm in a bit of a limbo period right now as we're waiting on a gifted deposit form to arrive from abroad from a family member before our lender can continue the application. I hate all this uncertainty!
    • Jkbc90
    • By Jkbc90 5th Jul 17, 7:59 PM
    • 66 Posts
    • 22 Thanks
    Jkbc90
    Fingers crossed you aren't waiting too long for that. Good luck x

Broker chased up our application with Nationwide today and they just have to check the employer form. They said we will have an answer by tomorrow evening. So nervous, my stomach is doing flips.
    • Pigmyhippo
    • By Pigmyhippo 5th Jul 17, 8:14 PM
    • 34 Posts
    • 39 Thanks
    Pigmyhippo
    Fingers crossed you aren't waiting too long for that. Good luck x

Broker chased up our application with Nationwide today and they just have to check the employer form. They said we will have an answer by tomorrow evening. So nervous, my stomach is doing flips.
    Originally posted by Jkbc90
    Fingers crossed that you get the decision you are hoping for! There always seems to be that one last piece of info needed. Hope they issue your offer tomorrow.
    • Jkbc90
    • By Jkbc90 6th Jul 17, 8:19 AM
    • 66 Posts
    • 22 Thanks
    Jkbc90
    Thanks pigmyhippo. I hope today is the day, phone is fully charged and on loud, jumping out of my skin every time it makes a noise lol x
    • tazzababe100
    • By tazzababe100 6th Jul 17, 1:27 PM
    • 23 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    tazzababe100
    Platform (Co-op)
    Hi,
    I am now waiting with you guys. My head is totally up my bum at the minute....this forum is keeping me sane as providing so much help...amazing!!

DIP accepted Fri 30th June
    App and documents sent off Mon 3rd July
    Broker delay, so Platform only received then Tues 4th July
    Today (Thurs 6th July) case assessed and they have instructed valuation.

Looks promising but I have no idea if it's going to be a "yes". Do they generally conduct a valuation at the beginning of the process or end?
    • Pigmyhippo
    • By Pigmyhippo 6th Jul 17, 4:59 PM
    • 34 Posts
    • 39 Thanks
    Pigmyhippo
    In our case (Natwest) the valuation was instructed at the beginning of the process with the offer issued about 2 weeks after valuation had taken place.
    • Jkbc90
    • By Jkbc90 6th Jul 17, 5:32 PM
    • 66 Posts
    • 22 Thanks
    Jkbc90
    Tazzababe they sorted our valuation quite early on, before the hard credit check and employer forms etc..

Broker office is officially closed.. still no news. I rang an hour ago and was told they would call me wether they had news or not.. guess it's another day of waiting for me x
    • R&C
    • By R&C 6th Jul 17, 5:52 PM
    • 236 Posts
    • 71 Thanks
    R&C
    Quick question..

How long does it take from mortgage application to instruction of the valuation?

We have gone through the whole underwriting process to get our DIP with Nationwide, which took almost 3 weeks of badgering them. They now can't give us a mortgage application appointment until next Tuesday. Our seller however has started to get a bit antsy, and I think a valuation being instructed will put her mind at rest.
    • nikkih72
    • By nikkih72 7th Jul 17, 7:45 AM
    • 15 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    nikkih72
    Think I can join today , reserved a plot yesterday, EEK !! FTB, with HTB, Natwest mortgage, documents all uploaded last night, today is day they click the begin button for mortgage and HTB, so fingers crossed everything goes smoothly, after Renting for almost 20 years, this is so exciting and so scary.
    • Jkbc90
    • By Jkbc90 7th Jul 17, 8:49 AM
    • 66 Posts
    • 22 Thanks
    Jkbc90
    R&C, with Nationwide for us it was
    16/06/17 - applied via broker and verbally got DIP
    19/06/17 - text to say application for DIP had been accepted
    19/06/17 - text to say valuation instructed for 23/06

Best of luck x
    • sugarcube84
    • By sugarcube84 7th Jul 17, 9:48 AM
    • 533 Posts
    • 531 Thanks
    sugarcube84
    R&C, we already had the DIP sorted prior to us getting offers accepted. We put the full mortgage application in on the afternoon of Wednesday 21st, the valuation was arranged Friday 23rd (sort of bit of backwards and forwards with the vendor) and carried out Wednesday 28th. Still waiting for an offer, fingers crossed today or Monday.
    Target DFD September 2017- Only 2 payments to go!!!

Amount Paid off 90.37%
    • By 2104502 7th Jul 17, 10:33 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Got mortgage appointment later on today and the day is dragging! Nervous about it really bit of bad credit in the past as posted a topic on it the other day (quite a few pay day loans during a bad spell, last was 2 and a half years ago) but hopefully it doesn't completely stop me getting a mortgage though but am nervous about it.
    • sugarcube84
    • By sugarcube84 7th Jul 17, 12:48 PM
    • 533 Posts
    • 531 Thanks
    sugarcube84
    Formal confirmation from Nationwide that the valuation report has been assessed and approved. Fingers crossed not too long until we get an offer.
    Target DFD September 2017- Only 2 payments to go!!!

Amount Paid off 90.37%
    • Jkbc90
    • By Jkbc90 7th Jul 17, 1:16 PM
    • 66 Posts
    • 22 Thanks
    Jkbc90
    Good luck 2104502 hope it goes well x

Great news sugarcube fingers crossed your offer is sent asap x

I rang our broker, they rang Nationwide this morning and requested them to mark our case as urgent. I'm a natural worrier but this is tipping me over the edge lol wether it's good or bad news I really just want to know now.
    • LuckyG
    • By LuckyG 7th Jul 17, 1:36 PM
    • 123 Posts
    • 201 Thanks
    LuckyG
    Good luck 2104502 hope it goes well x

Great news sugarcube fingers crossed your offer is sent asap x

I rang our broker, they rang Nationwide this morning and requested them to mark our case as urgent. I'm a natural worrier but this is tipping me over the edge lol wether it's good or bad news I really just want to know now.
    Originally posted by Jkbc90
    If it makes you feel any better, it took a while for me to get my offer from nationwide after the valuation was completed.
    I can't remember how long exactly but it was around 2 weeks, all I got after the valuation was a text saying they'd received it. Didn't get one saying it was satisfactory or anything so you can imagine the worry

Good luck with yours, I'm sure all will be fine
    • Jkbc90
    • By Jkbc90 7th Jul 17, 2:01 PM
    • 66 Posts
    • 22 Thanks
    Jkbc90
    Ah LuckyG that does make me feel better, thank you

That's what we have got as well just the text to let us know they received the valuation. I'm going to be 10 stone heavier by the time this is over, I'm stress eating haha glad yours all worked out xx
    • KrisLGW
    • By KrisLGW 7th Jul 17, 10:36 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    KrisLGW
    Hi all,

Just wanted to add our experience to this thread as I've been skimming for the last couple of weeks. This is for all the people who may have concerns about their credit etc. Partner and I both have poor credit records (1 disputed default, few late payments etc.) - scores both under the 500 mark. We inherited a large lump sum and reserved a new build (£280k) with HTB last Saturday (24th June).

June 24th - Halifax AIP
    June 24th - Reserved New Build Plot (DWH)
    June 26th - First discussions with broker including subject of continuing with the AIP we had gained.
    June 28th - Application to HTB
    June 29th - Authority to Proceed
    June 30th - Mortgage application made (hard credit search on our Experian reports went in at this point)
    July 3rd - Informed application was with underwriters.
    July 4th - Underwriters confirmed they were happy and valuation has been instructed.

I know nothing is yet guaranteed, but it appears that given the right broker and honesty up front, plus the exceptional circumstances of being able to put down a lump sum alongside HTB and taking a 65% mortgage, the lenders are reasonable and will try to understand your situation. We're hoping things continue as smoothly as they have done so far, and will be sure to keep this post updated.

Just also want to say thanks for all the advice that is posted here. It has helped understand the process of buying our first home.
    Originally posted by KrisLGW
    July 6th - Valuation of Property
    July 7th - Official offer from Halifax
    • Jkbc90
    • By Jkbc90 8th Jul 17, 11:25 AM
    • 66 Posts
    • 22 Thanks
    Jkbc90
    Great news congrats

Does anyone know if the offer texts can come on a Saturday from Nationwide?
    • sevenhills
    • By sevenhills 8th Jul 17, 1:02 PM
    • 290 Posts
    • 133 Thanks
    sevenhills
    Applied for mortgage on 23-05-17 with the Coventry and now survey booked for 16th June.
    Originally posted by sevenhills
    The survey was cancelled and it was done on the 26th; got my mortgage offer today.
    10 year fixed, 2.7% APRC with the Coventry.
    • Returntosender
    • By Returntosender 10th Jul 17, 8:13 PM
    • 20 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    Returntosender
    Wooohooo, received our mortgage offer today after about a week and a half of 'please re-send this, please re-send that' from Nationwide. We're getting our building survey report tomorrow which means we can proceed with negotiations! Beyond relieved right now!!!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

201Posts Today

1,235Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin