Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 339
    • Shammi
    • By Shammi 12th Jun 17, 11:39 AM
    • 17 Posts
    • 16 Thanks
    Shammi
    Congrats! I'm entering week 3 of waiting for a decision from Aldermore. I'm actually planning life without the house now!
    Originally posted by mazzyp
    I did that over the weekend
    You'll get it! Hang in there
    • SeagullFTB
    • By SeagullFTB 12th Jun 17, 12:31 PM
    • 42 Posts
    • 19 Thanks
    SeagullFTB
    Update!!
    We just received our offer from Halifax! Happy days.

For anyone that's interested:
    01/06/2017 DIP Approved.
    03/06/2017 Property Reserved
    05/06/2017 Full Application
    06/06/2017 Valuation Scheduled
    09/06/2017 Valuation
    12/06/2017 Offer Received

It's been the longest twelve days of my life, but I'm so happy!
    • LadyL2013
    • By LadyL2013 12th Jun 17, 1:04 PM
    • 153 Posts
    • 106 Thanks
    LadyL2013
    Got to valuation stage with Halifax before last month, but seller pulled out day before it was due to take place so I'm hoping the fact it got to valuation stage before is a good sign. Now had offer accepted on new property.

Already have had my AIP.

05/06/17 Broker sent off for full application.
    06/06/17 Broker called to confirm everything had been accepted and would be now looked at by the mortgage team. Confirmed that fee paid for previous valuation had now been transferred over to the new property.

And this is the stage where I am at. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to hear about each individual stage or if I'll just get a call once the valuation is done.

Everything is crossed.
    • Beanboysmum
    • By Beanboysmum 12th Jun 17, 1:24 PM
    • 14 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Beanboysmum
    My valuation by Halifax was supposed to happen this morning on the property we are hoping to buy, surveyor didn't turn up

Gutted! Plus Halifax have asked for some clarification on my payslips which means its only just being assessed, so now I'm worrying that they pulled the plug on the valuation! Asked my MA to find out what's happening.

Congrats to those who received their offers,
    Last edited by Beanboysmum; 12-06-2017 at 1:44 PM.
    • solidsebi
    • By solidsebi 12th Jun 17, 1:31 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    solidsebi
    5th of June - Valuation received - Text from Nationwide.
    7th of June - Nationwide required letter from boss confirming my start and end date of contract!
    9th of June - Nationwide call me confirm details on my contract
    12th of June - Nationwide text to say offer in the post

So relieved!

Good luck to everyone still waiting! Definitely worth it
    Off to exchange thread....
    Originally posted by Shammi
    Many congrats Shammi! The wait was tough, but definitley worth it in the end!
    • Beanboysmum
    • By Beanboysmum 12th Jun 17, 1:46 PM
    • 14 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Beanboysmum
    We just received our offer from Halifax! Happy days.

For anyone that's interested:
    01/06/2017 DIP Approved.
    03/06/2017 Property Reserved
    05/06/2017 Full Application
    06/06/2017 Valuation Scheduled
    09/06/2017 Valuation
    12/06/2017 Offer Received

It's been the longest twelve days of my life, but I'm so happy!
    Originally posted by Normski1989

Congrats! I saw on the other thread you were awaiting this, hope I get as lucky
    • SeagullFTB
    • By SeagullFTB 12th Jun 17, 1:59 PM
    • 42 Posts
    • 19 Thanks
    SeagullFTB
    The process is torture, but worth it in the end. Congratulations to everyone that got others and good luck to those still waiting. Keep those fingers firmly crossed.
    • Newtown
    • By Newtown 12th Jun 17, 2:15 PM
    • 42 Posts
    • 20 Thanks
    Newtown
    Update :
    Still waiting

last week : I was asked to clarify something on my payslip.
    (deductions on my payslip and Nationwide wanted to know what the payments are for. Explained that it was for company share scheme and I can opt out anytime if i wanted to )

Then on Friday they threw a new one: can we have your May payslip please ?
    That was sent today.

Now fingers crossed. Wish they have a checklist and i would have provided all these things. This Drip Drip of asking information is very stressful.

Hoping for the offer to be issued this week.

(Any bank offers zen lessons with their mortgage package ? i bloody well need some )
    • LadyL2013
    • By LadyL2013 12th Jun 17, 5:30 PM
    • 153 Posts
    • 106 Thanks
    LadyL2013
    Got to valuation stage with Halifax before last month, but seller pulled out day before it was due to take place so I'm hoping the fact it got to valuation stage before is a good sign. Now had offer accepted on new property.

Already have had my AIP.

05/06/17 Broker sent off for full application.
    06/06/17 Broker called to confirm everything had been accepted and would be now looked at by the mortgage team. Confirmed that fee paid for previous valuation had now been transferred over to the new property.

And this is the stage where I am at. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to hear about each individual stage or if I'll just get a call once the valuation is done.

Everything is crossed.
    Originally posted by LadyL2013
    UPDATE: Got a call from E-Surv saying that Colleys had instructed them to do the survey and it is happening tomorrow. Slightly concerned about this as I've heard nothing but awful stuff from E-Surv regarding massive inaccuracies on properties and massively down valuing. Should I be worried?
    • browneyone
    • By browneyone 12th Jun 17, 10:24 PM
    • 56 Posts
    • 45 Thanks
    browneyone
    Our journey started in January with a decline from TSB.

On the 11th May we submitted out application to the Kensington who have today approved out mortgage.
    • Aly28
    • By Aly28 13th Jun 17, 7:32 AM
    • 10 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Aly28
    Joining the "fun"
    First congrats to everyone who's had their mortgages approved already

I'm joining the forum as a very nervous FTB today! Submitted my application to Santander on 9th June so i have a while to go yet. Sellers are looking for a completion date of July 21st so i hope there are no holdups!!

Eeek!
    • sugarcube84
    • By sugarcube84 13th Jun 17, 1:07 PM
    • 542 Posts
    • 549 Thanks
    sugarcube84
    Hi I'm joining, we have an agreement in principle from Nationwide. Accepted an offer on our house and had our offer on a house accepted yesterday, all our documents are with the mortgage broker just waiting on confirmation that he has submitted the application. Fingers crossed it all goes smoothly.
    DFD September 2017
    • Monkey2801
    • By Monkey2801 13th Jun 17, 8:52 PM
    • 35 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Monkey2801
    22nd June - Viewed property
    23rd June - Offer put in and accepted, AIP submitted and referred
    25th June - AIP approved
    26th June - Full application submitted
    8th July (yes that's a long wait!) Underwriting accepted pending valuation
    15th July - Valuation booked in.

Fingers crossed!!
    • mazzyp
    • By mazzyp 14th Jun 17, 10:32 AM
    • 23 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    mazzyp
    So after a very very very loooong wait, our mortgage offer finally came through last night.
    Here's our timeline,

2nd May – viewed property
    15th May – offer accepted
    24th May – mortgage with Santander declined
    26th May – Aldermore mortgage application submitted
    31st May – Additional information submitted to Aldermore
    5th June – more information submitted to Aldermore
    9th June – received call from Aldermore advising that its passed the underwriter and has gone for higher level sign off
    13th June - mortgage offer issued and I can't stop smiling!!!!
    • betsycat
    • By betsycat 14th Jun 17, 11:39 AM
    • 96 Posts
    • 187 Thanks
    betsycat
    Hello! Joining the party

Our timeline so far...

23/05 Offer accepted
    25/05 Mortgage application submitted by broker
    30/05 Broker requests a bunch more documents for them to have on file
    02/06 A couple of queries from the lender regarding a payment (turned out to be bills) and DH's credit card (he'd paid it off since the last statement they'd received)... all answered (though waiting on Lloyds to send us some bank statements)
    07/06 Broker receives all remaining docs and says underwriters need to look at them, should take around 4 working days

And now, we wait! Unfortunately, the lender the broker recommended was HSBC, which, having now read a lot of this thread, is filling me with a special kind of dread. I have £10,000+ on a personal loan (with HSBC) that I've been overpaying on for the past year. Plus, our bank statements weren't exactly in tip-top shape – we've been thinking about buying for a couple of years now but my MIL recently offered to help us with a deposit as the area we're buying in is "on the up" so it's all happened quite quickly. So we were slightly unprepared and then found somewhere perfect! If it falls through at any point I think we'll hold off for a few months and get everything a bit more in order.

We've got a full building survey happening next Thursday as the property was built in the 18040s, and underwriters should be done early next week... fingers crossed!! But if it's a no, from what I've seen here Natwest seem to turn things around quickly so maybe we'll give them a shot.
    Originally posted by betsycat
    14/06: mortgage approved subject to valuation!

And now we wait... again!

CONGRATS everyone who've had offers! Exciting times.
    Last edited by betsycat; 14-06-2017 at 11:39 AM. Reason: Wrong date!
    • SparklyD
    • By SparklyD 14th Jun 17, 1:28 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    SparklyD
    Hi mazzy,
    Congratulations! How long after your valuation was your mortgage offer with Aldermore issued?
    We submitted our application 1st June -well actually 15th may but got gazumped on property so had to do another application when we found this one but that's another story!!!
    Just had a chat with broker who said all looks good and valuation is being done today. He thinks it will be middle of next week to get the report back and then it will be looked at for final checks from another underwriter. Could be looking at another 10-14 days from now! Already gone grey from waiting this long haha I thought I was a patient person...obvs not
    Keeping everything crossed that it goes through!!!
    Last edited by SparklyD; 14-06-2017 at 1:31 PM.
    • jadebee
    • By jadebee 14th Jun 17, 4:35 PM
    • 153 Posts
    • 79 Thanks
    jadebee
    WE HAVE HAD OUR OFFER.

It's finally in my hand in black and white. Let the fun begin

Good luck to all those still waiting
    • davilown
    • By davilown 14th Jun 17, 10:03 PM
    • 1,466 Posts
    • 942 Thanks
    davilown
    So here it goes again!

10 Jun 17 Offered on house
    10 Jun 17 DIP with HSBC (I know...but we bank with First Direct)
    12 Jun 17 Offer accepted
    12 Jun 17 accepted asking price offer on current home
    13 Jun 17 Applied - "Decision Obtained"
    14 Jun 17 Uploaded all required documents

Fingers crossed and good luck to you all!
    Back in Debt £230,900 on a £230,900 mortgage) Overpayment £238 pm - Aim to be Mortgage free by 2028
    £27000/£27000 paid off Feb 2010 since LBM Jan 2007!
    • KatieLou04
    • By KatieLou04 15th Jun 17, 3:13 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    KatieLou04
    Nationwide.....Finally!!
    After nearly 9 weeks since putting our application in, we finally got the offer yesterday!!!!! Well it's on it's way to us in the post!!

I'm so happy!! So much stuff went wrong with Nationwide. I had convinced myself it wasn't going to happen!

But now I'm back to being clueless as to what happens next.. I called the solicitor this morning and they said they will get the ball rolling with the searches.

Do I just sit and wait now?
    • kel8686
    • By kel8686 15th Jun 17, 4:16 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    kel8686
    mortgage offer came in the post this morning yay down side was informed yesterday bottom of chain waiting on their mortgage offer and top of chain who we are buying from hounding me with calls as to what is goin on , will be so glad when its all done
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,060Posts Today

7,924Users online

Martin's Twitter