Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 338
    • Neonitrix
    • By Neonitrix 8th Jun 17, 9:44 AM
    • 18 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    Neonitrix
    We organised it all via L&C Mortgage brokers and I got an email from them yesterday morning saying Halifax was going to offer mortgage and then got text last night around 7 saying paperwork would be out in the coming days to me and my solicitor.

Good luck with yours
    • zmr1
    • By zmr1 8th Jun 17, 11:26 AM
    • 13 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    zmr1
    turn around and you'll see a positive reply...
    • toc25
    • By toc25 8th Jun 17, 12:41 PM
    • 144 Posts
    • 155 Thanks
    toc25
    Valuation/home buyer report is happening today. Very nervous, just wondered how long it usually takes to hear about the results? We have applied for a mortgage with Natwest.
    • Yathu_18
    • By Yathu_18 8th Jun 17, 1:10 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Yathu_18
    ALDERMORE mortgage waiting
    Hi Mazzyup im in the same boat as well
    • mazzyp
    • By mazzyp 8th Jun 17, 1:15 PM
    • 23 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    mazzyp
    Hiya welcome to the waiting mat! Been told not to expect a decision for at least a week.

It's driving me nuts lol
    • User1312
    • By User1312 8th Jun 17, 1:39 PM
    • 14 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    User1312
    Application was submitted to Nationwide on 2nd June, today we supplied more documents. Unfortunately Nationwide surveyors are 'really busy' and cannot do our valuation/HBS until 27th June! That means waiting until almost July/early July for a full offer how annoying!!
    • Shammi
    • By Shammi 8th Jun 17, 3:14 PM
    • 14 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    Shammi
    More waiting !!
    So MA rang me at 1 to day Nationwide are not happy with contract and need letter from Boss. I did this within an hour. Apparently application has been pushed back by another 72 hours! Another weekend of waiting....
    • Shammi
    • By Shammi 8th Jun 17, 3:15 PM
    • 14 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    Shammi
    Application was submitted to Nationwide on 2nd June, today we supplied more documents. Unfortunately Nationwide surveyors are 'really busy' and cannot do our valuation/HBS until 27th June! That means waiting until almost July/early July for a full offer how annoying!!
    Originally posted by User1312
    Sorry to hear that! Waiting is rubbish
    • SeagullFTB
    • By SeagullFTB 8th Jun 17, 3:41 PM
    • 29 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    SeagullFTB
    Just spoke to the developer of our new build who confirmed that the valuation is taking place tomorrow. Fingers crossed that it's the last piece of the puzzle and we get an offer soon.

We have a meeting with the developer on Saturday to choose our options for the build (tile colours etc...), but it's really difficult to get excited without the mortgage offer. Is there any realistic chance that our MA might hear from Halifax regarding an offer after the valuation tomorrow?
    • LuckyG
    • By LuckyG 8th Jun 17, 4:36 PM
    • 124 Posts
    • 126 Thanks
    LuckyG
    Valuation/home buyer report is happening today. Very nervous, just wondered how long it usually takes to hear about the results? We have applied for a mortgage with Natwest.
    Originally posted by toc25
    I was waiting about a week with Nationwide just for the valuation but that was because they'd asked more additional documents. Nationwide didn't actually inform me that the valuation was ok, I had to chase my broker.

I think, on average it takes 48 hours for the homebuyers report to come back so you should hear pretty soon. I think I was just a little unlucky.

Good luck
    • ses6jwg
    • By ses6jwg 8th Jun 17, 5:35 PM
    • 5,198 Posts
    • 5,820 Thanks
    ses6jwg
    Hi guys.

We have our offer in principle from Tesco Bank.

Valuation booked in for 21st June... quite a long wait! They use countrywide surveyors. The valuation fee was £275. Countrywide rang and offered to upgrade to homebuyers report on top for £97 extra so decided to take it up. Not sure if I did the right thing?

Awaiting our pack to send all our documents off. Probably won't get an offer now until July. Hope the valuation goes smoothly as using 5% deposit don't have much wiggle room!!
    • kel8686
    • By kel8686 9th Jun 17, 7:40 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    kel8686
    update Ma emailed this morning saying Santander have confirmed they have agreed on application and have now sent it their mortgage centre to issue an offer letter he did say they do one final check and could ask for something else but unlikely said he will be back in touch when he has been emailed the offer , will they be doing the valuation on the property we are buying next ?
    • Yazmina
    • By Yazmina 9th Jun 17, 8:19 AM
    • 72 Posts
    • 16 Thanks
    Yazmina
    Hi guys.

We have our offer in principle from Tesco Bank.

Valuation booked in for 21st June... quite a long wait! They use countrywide surveyors. The valuation fee was £275. Countrywide rang and offered to upgrade to homebuyers report on top for £97 extra so decided to take it up. Not sure if I did the right thing?

Awaiting our pack to send all our documents off. Probably won't get an offer now until July. Hope the valuation goes smoothly as using 5% deposit don't have much wiggle room!!
    Originally posted by ses6jwg
    Sounds reasonable to me for a bit of extra peace of mind. Our Halifax valuation cost £500 and we went for the building survey on top. Application submitted on 22/5 offer confirmed yesterday.

Used L&C mortgages.
    Last edited by Yazmina; 09-06-2017 at 8:24 AM.
    • Shammi
    • By Shammi 9th Jun 17, 11:51 AM
    • 14 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    Shammi
    Nationwide called to ask about contract. I told them exactly what was written on letter sent by my boss! She was nice and said she would send email to UW straight away! Pushed back another 48 hours! Great, nice long weekend of waiting now....
    Vendors won't instruct their solicitors without mortgage offer
    • toc25
    • By toc25 9th Jun 17, 12:10 PM
    • 144 Posts
    • 155 Thanks
    toc25
    YAY so happy and relieved, just got our Mortgage offer by email from Natwest! Have to say I'm very impressed by them and their service.

20/5 natwest mortgage app submitted in branch

22/5 money taken for valuation and got text to say being done 8/06

25/5 Email to say mortgage approved subject to valuation

08/06 Valuation/Survey took place

08/06 Email to say they have received valuation

09/06 Mortgage offer by email
    • solidsebi
    • By solidsebi 9th Jun 17, 4:26 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    solidsebi
    Hi All.

My first post... joined recently after applying for a mortgage and then waiting anxiously for a decision.

My case is slightly complex, as my partner is a sole-trader, and the purchase of the new home involves the sale of an existing home.

Came across this great forum after spending hours online, and found lots of people in a similar situation to me playing the waiting game. Thought i'd share my timeline so far, if it does help anyone else. I am applying via broker:

17/05 - DIP - Nationwide
    18/05 - Full application submitted. Text confirmation rcvd.
    18/05 - Text rcvd 1hr after application to confirm valuation booked for 19/05
    19/05 - Text rcvd confirming valuation report now with Nationwide
    27/05 - Hard search performed by Nationwide for Credit App.
    ---- WAITING ---- BANK HOLIDAY MONDAY ---
    31/05 - Broker confirmed case with assesor
    01/06 - Broker requested an additional document
    02/06 - Broker chased today and clarified some confusion regarding the house I am selling
    02/06 - All docs are fine and confusion cleared. Now waiting for 05/06 for hopefully the offer confirmation.

Fingers crossed!
    Originally posted by solidsebi
    Yaaayyyy! Got a text from Nationwide at 4pm to confirm my mortgage offer!!! Finally, a big sigh of relief. But it's not over yet - lots to go in the process before we move into the new house!

Best of luck to all of those still waiting..
    • Shammi
    • By Shammi 9th Jun 17, 4:40 PM
    • 14 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    Shammi
    Yaaayyyy! Got a text from Nationwide at 4pm to confirm my mortgage offer!!! Finally, a big sigh of relief. But it's not over yet - lots to go in the process before we move into the new house!

Best of luck to all of those still waiting..
    Originally posted by solidsebi
    Yeahhhhhh
    Congratulations! All the best with the exchange and completion.
    • betsycat
    • By betsycat 10th Jun 17, 9:39 AM
    • 87 Posts
    • 169 Thanks
    betsycat
    Hello! Joining the party

Our timeline so far...

23/05 Offer accepted
    25/05 Mortgage application submitted by broker
    30/05 Broker requests a bunch more documents for them to have on file
    02/06 A couple of queries from the lender regarding a payment (turned out to be bills) and DH's credit card (he'd paid it off since the last statement they'd received)... all answered (though waiting on Lloyds to send us some bank statements)
    07/06 Broker receives all remaining docs and says underwriters need to look at them, should take around 4 working days

And now, we wait! Unfortunately, the lender the broker recommended was HSBC, which, having now read a lot of this thread, is filling me with a special kind of dread. I have £10,000+ on a personal loan (with HSBC) that I've been overpaying on for the past year. Plus, our bank statements weren't exactly in tip-top shape – we've been thinking about buying for a couple of years now but my MIL recently offered to help us with a deposit as the area we're buying in is "on the up" so it's all happened quite quickly. So we were slightly unprepared and then found somewhere perfect! If it falls through at any point I think we'll hold off for a few months and get everything a bit more in order.

We've got a full building survey happening next Thursday as the property was built in the 18040s, and underwriters should be done early next week... fingers crossed!! But if it's a no, from what I've seen here Natwest seem to turn things around quickly so maybe we'll give them a shot.
    // HSBC loan: 10,411.96
    // Total: £12,936.75 (Jan 2017) £10,411.96 (19.5% paid)
    • Shammi
    • By Shammi 12th Jun 17, 11:30 AM
    • 14 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    Shammi
    Update!!
    This Forum is really helping my nerves!
    My Timeline:
    19th of May - Viewed several houses and loved one!
    22nd of May - AIP with Nationwide and offer on house made!
    23rd of May - offer on house accepted
    25th of May - all paper work emailed over to MA.
    26th of May - Did not like solicitors so had to find another one. and MA to delay application till 30th.
    30th of May - All forms filled and sent to new solicitor. MA submitted full mortgage application. Nationwide texted to say application received.
    2nd of June - Nationwide booked valuation for Monday the 5th of June!

So now impatiently waiting for results I love the Nationwide text service bit I keep looking at my phone!

Will update once I hear more. Everything crossed!
    Originally posted by Shammi
    5th of June - Valuation received - Text from Nationwide.
    7th of June - Nationwide required letter from boss confirming my start and end date of contract!
    9th of June - Nationwide call me confirm details on my contract
    12th of June - Nationwide text to say offer in the post

So relieved!

Good luck to everyone still waiting! Definitely worth it
    Off to exchange thread....
    • mazzyp
    • By mazzyp 12th Jun 17, 11:37 AM
    • 23 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    mazzyp
    Congrats! I'm entering week 3 of waiting for a decision from Aldermore. I'm actually planning life without the house now!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,371Posts Today

8,488Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Today's twitter poll: It's been everywhere, so why not here. Which Hogwart's house should you've been in (Ive put key traits to help)...

• Quick favour if uv graduated within around the last year. I could do with pic of a student loan statement (no personal info) inc interest

• RT @ValeOfLevenCU: Why not sign up to @MartinSLewis https://t.co/kxMBedCNNw weekly email for free, impartial tips? #ThriftyThursday http?

• Follow Martin