Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 328
    • jm475
    • By jm475 13th Apr 17, 12:09 PM
    • 16 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    jm475
    is it the Mortgage Advisor/Broker that lets you know - or the bank themselves?

I'm still a long way off.....full app (on a wing and a prayer given situation) went in to Santander on 10th....they are still working on those submitted on 5th.

Good luck!
    Last edited by jm475; 13-04-2017 at 1:01 PM.
    • RJ10
    • By RJ10 13th Apr 17, 1:39 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    RJ10
    At lasttttttttt
    Hi guys, I can finally join in also..

26/3 - Viewed NB property& reserved
    30/3 - DiP granted
    31/3 - Full application submitted
    4/4 - Case picked up by underwriter
    5/4 - Agreement subject to valuation (booked in for 7/4)
    7/4 - Valuation
    11/4 Full mortgage offer rec'd

• barneydier
    • By barneydier 13th Apr 17, 2:12 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    barneydier
    Nationwide March/April 2017
    Nationwide
    Mortgage DIP and full application done 08/04/2017
    Valuation done 11/04/2017
    Valuation sent to Nationwide 11/04/2017
    Application sent for full final Assessment 12/04/2017
    Nationwide advise we will hear by the 18/04/2017
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    • MisterP123
    • By MisterP123 13th Apr 17, 4:32 PM
    • 157 Posts
    • 161 Thanks
    MisterP123
    Santander Update!
    Soooo.... Quarter past 4, the day before Easter bank holiday weekend. Santander tracking system shows no update... They're still reviewing applications passed to underwriters on the 5th (same day as me.)

Alas, I'd given up all hope. Certainly not going to hear anything now.....

They've all gone home early. That'll be it now, until Tuesday.

Expecting a decline anyway, 95% LTV, few late payments, 1 in the past 12 months. Credit report completely different to what I'd submitted to my broker due to some accounts updating and others not. Experian showing credit card balances as £10k against my submitted figure of £6.3k

Just about to go home and then, at 16:17, this....
    We're pleased to let you know your client's mortgage application has been agreed. A mortgage offer will be sent out shortly, subject to a satisfactory valuation.
    I'm elated
    • jm475
    • By jm475 13th Apr 17, 5:08 PM
    • 16 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    jm475
    Nice one!!! Well done!! Time to go for a drink eh? (or is the money being saved for the new place?)

Did you get that update on the MATS - or via email??

Well done!
    • Torfoxwell
    • By Torfoxwell 13th Apr 17, 5:28 PM
    • 89 Posts
    • 30 Thanks
    Torfoxwell
    OK so its gone back to the underwriters which have found a late payment on my default ? iv phoned experian but they said it does not get recorded like that..., there was a a mix up around December time that i can explain about a changed of date on my plan ,

am not so worried the underwriter said that hes not going to look at it now until after the bank holiday....

Why oh why !!! has anyone been in a similar situation?
    Quick Reply Thanks 0 Edit Post
    • MisterP123
    • By MisterP123 13th Apr 17, 6:39 PM
    • 157 Posts
    • 161 Thanks
    MisterP123
    Nice one!!! Well done!! Time to go for a drink eh? (or is the money being saved for the new place?)

Did you get that update on the MATS - or via email??

Well done!
    Originally posted by jm475
    Thanks.

Had an email off my broker as I was leaving work to say it had been approved. Checked on MATS and sure enough it was.

About quarter of an hour later had a text an email from Santander confirming the offer had been issued.

I bought Asda out of Stella on my way home........ So
    • donkids22
    • By donkids22 13th Apr 17, 6:54 PM
    • 138 Posts
    • 641 Thanks
    donkids22
    I can join in

Offered accepted on house 31 march
    Filled in mortgage application 4 April
    valuation completed 11 April
    mortgage offer 13 April

Not sure how long we are got to go from here on.
    Pay off Debt 2017 no54. 1433.95/ 9691.07. NSD jan 15/15. NSD feb 12/15. NSD mar 5/15
    Apr 2/15. Xmas 2 a day no63 302/730. No buying unnecessary toiletries 2017. 1 debt versus 100 days 0/200. April Grocery challenge 210/240
    • Jenkic20
    • By Jenkic20 14th Apr 17, 8:10 AM
    • 27 Posts
    • 15 Thanks
    Jenkic20
    Mortgage offer made yesterday with Post Office/Bank of Ireland.

Saw broker on 20th March.
    Hard credit check made 22nd March and DIP received.
    Full application made approx 24th March.
    Valuation instructed 27th March.
    Couldn't get in to the property until 11th April (!).
    Mortgage offer made 13th April 09:28am - just in time for the bank holiday weekend.
    • hounsehunterftb
    • By hounsehunterftb 14th Apr 17, 9:11 AM
    • 120 Posts
    • 98 Thanks
    hounsehunterftb
    *Edited*
    Hello guys!!

I am joining the queue for "Awaiting Mortgage Offer". I have a 10% deposit to pay and would be applying for the mortgage for the remaining amount.

Here is my timeline
    - March 13th 2017: Agreement in Principle (Principality Building Society)
    - April 1st 2017: Offer accepted on the house
    - April 5th 2017: Full application made through a broker. Money for valuation deducted from the account
    - April 10th 2017: In queue for the documentation to be assessed and would be done by end of day tomorrow. We will have an update if anything else is required.
    - April 13th 2017: Valuation/House Survey Booked!
    - April 13th 2017: Report received. Homebuyer report to us. Valuation exactly same as our offered price.

Awaiting to hear from lender now!

Hoping the lender got the same valuation amount as we got in home buyer survey and that they lend us with 10% deposit. Waiting game continues!! Now with a longggggg weekend
    • Lauralou79
    • By Lauralou79 18th Apr 17, 3:01 PM
    • 75 Posts
    • 48 Thanks
    Lauralou79
    Anyone experience with the NATWEST tracker? It's come up as on step 2 valuation, valuation instructed awaiting your survey report.
    We are having a seperate survey so will this stay at this stage until our survey is done and sent to them? Or just does this mean the valuation report?

Good news that it's progressed to that stage tho!
    • Lauralou79
    • By Lauralou79 18th Apr 17, 4:54 PM
    • 75 Posts
    • 48 Thanks
    Lauralou79
    **Update post**
    Viewed 1st April
    Offer accepted 3rd April
    Mortgage appointment 13th April
    Mortgage approved subject to valuation and valuation instructed 18th April

Natwest have worked fast considering it's been Easter for the 4 days after our appointment!
    Fingers crossed all goes well with the valuation.
    • Torfoxwell
    • By Torfoxwell 18th Apr 17, 4:57 PM
    • 89 Posts
    • 30 Thanks
    Torfoxwell
    Offer in the post for mine ☺
    • jm475
    • By jm475 18th Apr 17, 5:48 PM
    • 16 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    jm475
    Full app submitted 10th.........feels like a year ago; are we still in 2017?

12.9 day wait acc to Santander.....today the site says they're now reviewing those submitted on 10th. Feel queasy...not the strongest history at all.

Hoping there's a particularly generous Santander person working late tonight
    • Social1973stew
    • By Social1973stew 18th Apr 17, 9:39 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Social1973stew
    Waiting for offer - so stressful

Application Santander via broker made on 29/3/17
    Started new job 20/3/17 (permanent local authority) after a year of agency work and needed to wait on contract - evidence of 3 year employment contracts - new contract given also provide letter from employer that strong possibility contract will be extended more than 12 months also letter from previous contract agency about employability. Then provide p60 for last 2 years - requesting a payslip told can't until end of month as payroll closed for end of year can get emergency payment but no payslip. Finally sent to under writers on 14/3/17.
    We are porting our current mortgage 190k and increasing mortgage with 30% deposit - 995 credit rating (both) and earnings 105k (joint) - hoping my year of agency work has not affected us even though wages paid into our Santander account ��
    Struggling with process and if ERF was not 10k would be leaving fingers crossed �� anyone see any issues
    • emlouwat
    • By emlouwat 19th Apr 17, 10:25 AM
    • 23 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    emlouwat
    Hi all

Put an offer in on a house yesterday and EA have called to say its been accepted.

Very anxious now about the next stage- had a DIP agreed 4 weeks ago.

The DIP is with Santander- what can I expect over the next few weeks- are they slow/good/intense??

I swore in 2011 that I would never move again- here I am again now stressed to death again.
    • movingagain
    • By movingagain 19th Apr 17, 11:20 AM
    • 22 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    movingagain
    Nervously waiting as well!!

AIP done 6th April
    Full app done 8th April
    Called on 10th requesting hmrc so302's accountants version no use
    Valuation done 13th April
    Closed for 4 days for easter 😫
    Patiently waiting for call, they said last week it looked pretty straightforward so fingers crossed!
    • hounsehunterftb
    • By hounsehunterftb 19th Apr 17, 2:02 PM
    • 120 Posts
    • 98 Thanks
    hounsehunterftb
    *Edited*
    Hello guys!!

I am joining the queue for "Awaiting Mortgage Offer". I have a 10% deposit to pay and would be applying for the mortgage for the remaining amount.

Here is my timeline
    - March 13th 2017: Agreement in Principle (Principality Building Society)
    - April 1st 2017: Offer accepted on the house
    - April 5th 2017: Full application made through a broker. Money for valuation deducted from the account
    - April 10th 2017: In queue for the documentation to be assessed and would be done by end of day tomorrow. We will have an update if anything else is required.
    - April 13th 2017: Valuation/House Survey Booked!
    - April 13th 2017: Report received. Homebuyer report to us. Valuation exactly same as our offered price.
    - April 19th 2017: Heard back from the lender. They require two more documents from us. Upon receipt they would be happy to proceed with the "mortgage offer". Yeyyyy fingers crossed still!! though

So waiting for the lasttttt bit now with regards to mortgage. Still long way to go after that I suppose.
    • jm475
    • By jm475 19th Apr 17, 2:12 PM
    • 16 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    jm475
    AIP 7th.
    Full app 7th
    Received by Santander 10th
    Today - FINALLY - Application Agreed.
    Santander

The relief is unreal.

I will say one thing to those waiting; If i can get it - with 5% deposit, a default (£90 - satisfied 3yr ago), existing car loan and regular use of my Overdraft then really....don't stress. I know other factors come into play but I was certain i would be shown the door. Very best of luck!
    Last edited by jm475; 19-04-2017 at 2:40 PM.
    • dannyrst
    • By dannyrst 19th Apr 17, 3:16 PM
    • 1,392 Posts
    • 709 Thanks
    dannyrst
    We've reserved a new build for our first home on Sunday 16th April and met with our mortgage broker Tuesday 18th April. We're going with a 5 year fixed rate with a 5% deposit and 20% HTB from the government.

Waiting for DIP to come through now and making first contact with solicitors. We've only got another 39 days to do everything! Very daunting.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

425Posts Today

4,734Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin