Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 325
    • ScotsLad5818
    • By ScotsLad5818 19th Mar 17, 9:25 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    ScotsLad5818
    Just heard this morning Barclays are now about to arrange the valuation.
    Does this mean we have passed the affordability checks etc? Surely they wouldn't arrange a valuation if it was going to fail on affordability?
    If anyone has any experience please help and put my mind at ease.
    Just so worried something gonna go wrong.
    Originally posted by black_wings
    I'm in a similar position. Valuation is tomorrow and the application is with the underwriter. Depends who you a speak to regarding the valuation. Seems most people say it's neither good or bad, just part of the process.

The sales office (buying a new build) asked me if I was paying the valuation fee, which I'm not and they said that was a good sign as banks aren't in the business of wasting cash (allegedly). Personally I'm not looking into anything till the offer falls through the door.
    • LKRDN_Morgan
    • By LKRDN_Morgan 20th Mar 17, 10:33 AM
    • 205 Posts
    • 657 Thanks
    LKRDN_Morgan
    Text from Santander this morning to say mortgage approved. I can't believe it!!

So timeline has been
    02/03 house viewed
    03/03 offer put in and accepted
    08/03 mortgage application submitted via broker
    14/03 mortgage valuation
    15/03 Santander requesting extra documents
    20/03 mortgage approved. Offer in post

good luck everyone still waiting to hear!
    • Rosy Apple
    • By Rosy Apple 20th Mar 17, 1:49 PM
    • 134 Posts
    • 23 Thanks
    Rosy Apple
    Text from Santander this morning to say mortgage approved. I can't believe it!!

So timeline has been
    02/03 house viewed
    03/03 offer put in and accepted
    08/03 mortgage application submitted via broker
    14/03 mortgage valuation
    15/03 Santander requesting extra documents
    20/03 mortgage approved. Offer in post

good luck everyone still waiting to hear!
    Originally posted by LKRDN_Morgan
    Congratulations!
    • Futuristic
    • By Futuristic 20th Mar 17, 3:02 PM
    • 722 Posts
    • 360 Thanks
    Futuristic
    MA submitted to Natwest today and valuation fee taken, I have complex self employed accounts so here hoping all goes well.
    Originally posted by Futuristic
    NW asked for one more piece of information and also then instructed valuation for Thursday. Broker said once they review the extra document we should hopefully have offer subject to valuation before Thursday. Hoping tomorrow
    • Zeni
    • By Zeni 20th Mar 17, 3:20 PM
    • 197 Posts
    • 422 Thanks
    Zeni
    Eek finally can join this thread as Mortgage app went in today.
    15/3 Offer accepted on house
    20/3 AIP gone through and full application submitted.

I'm so nervous! We are FTBs so it is a lot to take in in such a short space of time!
    Swagbuckling since Aug 2016 - Earnings so far.. 55.
    • Suits2017
    • By Suits2017 21st Mar 17, 7:23 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Suits2017
    Full mortgage application was sent to Nationwide today. Broker has requested 3 months payslips, bank statement, P60 and ID, proof of bonus, proof of savings, so she is prepared.

Does anyone have any time scales for their applications? It looks like the full credit search has already been completed at AIP as showing on my credit files. I'm hoping this is a good sign, as they'll not need to do this again surely? I'm confident that all my documents are satisfactory.

I've reserved a plot for a new build home for my 4 year old son and i.. I just hope it all works out :O
    • Futuristic
    • By Futuristic 21st Mar 17, 7:44 PM
    • 722 Posts
    • 360 Thanks
    Futuristic
    NW asked for one more piece of information and also then instructed valuation for Thursday. Broker said once they review the extra document we should hopefully have offer subject to valuation before Thursday. Hoping tomorrow
    Originally posted by Futuristic
    I got an email from our MA saying our application with Natwest was approved subject to satisfactory valuation. I want to scream but holding it in until I get an offer after valuation this week
    Last edited by Futuristic; 21-03-2017 at 7:48 PM.
    • Zeni
    • By Zeni 21st Mar 17, 8:48 PM
    • 197 Posts
    • 422 Thanks
    Zeni
    Full mortgage application was sent to Nationwide today. Broker has requested 3 months payslips, bank statement, P60 and ID, proof of bonus, proof of savings, so she is prepared.

Does anyone have any time scales for their applications? It looks like the full credit search has already been completed at AIP as showing on my credit files. I'm hoping this is a good sign, as they'll not need to do this again surely? I'm confident that all my documents are satisfactory.

I've reserved a plot for a new build home for my 4 year old son and i.. I just hope it all works out :O
    Originally posted by Suits2017
    Be interesting to see how long yours takes as ours went to nationwide yesterday.

Valuation arranged today for April 6th - thought it seemed a while away but then realised that;s the day after the current tenant moves out so makes sense. I'm hoping the house being vacant will speed up things in other ways
    Swagbuckling since Aug 2016 - Earnings so far.. 55.
    • ssmallbird
    • By ssmallbird 22nd Mar 17, 2:04 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    ssmallbird
    My MA sent me an offer from Natwest yesterday, I'm so relieved!!! My husband has a default from Lowell/ Vodaphone (less than 100 and partial satisfied at the date of application).

Timeline:
    3/3: Offer accepted
    9/3: Full application
    13/3: Valuation
    21/3: Mortgage offer

Good luck to everyone still waiting.
    • Rosy Apple
    • By Rosy Apple 22nd Mar 17, 7:06 PM
    • 134 Posts
    • 23 Thanks
    Rosy Apple
    We now have a mortgage offer subject to valuation

Timeline:
    10th March - DIP given and full application submitted through broker
    13th March - Questions to broker around bank statements
    15th March - Email stating that it is now with underwriters and we will have an answer within two working days
    17th March - HSBC request to be resent certain bank statements
    19th March - HSBC request same statements again
    22nd March - Mortgage approved subject to valuation, booking fee paid. Valuation company contact EA (although bizarrely not us yet, to get payment) and book valuation for Friday (24th)

Good luck to everyone else.
    • BoBaggins
    • By BoBaggins 22nd Mar 17, 9:23 PM
    • 19 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    BoBaggins
    We got our mortgage offer...timeline as follows

8th March - AIP with Halifax
    9th March - Full application and valuation fees taken
    17th March - Valuation
    20th March - Mortgage offer (1 short though)
    • Suits2017
    • By Suits2017 22nd Mar 17, 10:37 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Suits2017
    That's great how quick the valuation has come through for you.. sounds promising. Did they request any docs from you? If they did and you've sent them, that means they're happy with what you've provided (according to my broker they'll check these before survey) Survey is the last thing they check before proceedig on to offer. Ive not heard anything today..Hopefully in the next few days!!
    • kingstreet
    • By kingstreet 23rd Mar 17, 11:34 AM
    • 31,302 Posts
    • 16,715 Thanks
    kingstreet
    20th March - Mortgage offer (1 short though)
    Originally posted by BoBaggins
    Halifax always works to the nearest 5 so if you applied for something ending in a 1 or a 6 it would be taken down to the nearest 0 or 5.
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
    • BoBaggins
    • By BoBaggins 23rd Mar 17, 3:15 PM
    • 19 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    BoBaggins
    Halifax always works to the nearest 5 so if you applied for something ending in a 1 or a 6 it would be taken down to the nearest 0 or 5.
    Originally posted by kingstreet
    Thank you for the clarification, our mortgage amount ends in a 6
    • Amfreya2
    • By Amfreya2 23rd Mar 17, 4:08 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Amfreya2
    Hi Rosey

Where the questions spending related?

We have a full application being processed currently and has we are getting married in a few months I am concerned they'll think I have a far bigger shopping habit than I actually do ��
    • Rosy Apple
    • By Rosy Apple 23rd Mar 17, 11:38 PM
    • 134 Posts
    • 23 Thanks
    Rosy Apple
    Hi Rosey

Where the questions spending related?

We have a full application being processed currently and has we are getting married in a few months I am concerned they'll think I have a far bigger shopping habit than I actually do ��
    Originally posted by Amfreya2
    Hello,

No, they were related to payments we had coming in and out. Some were from my husband's company account which they didn't have the statements for and others were outgoing to an ISA that they did have statements for.

They didn't ask any questions related to general spending.

Hope that helps.
    RA
    • Amfreya2
    • By Amfreya2 24th Mar 17, 2:15 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Amfreya2
    Ok thankyou that's great!

I shall continue to wait, jumping at every email! X
    • oliviasmummy
    • By oliviasmummy 27th Mar 17, 8:03 AM
    • 240 Posts
    • 144 Thanks
    oliviasmummy
    Chances of re-mortgage after bad credit.
    A few years ago we got into a situation where we were almost bankrupt. We arrange a DMP with our creditors and paid this for over 5 years. I was then diagnosed with cancer and we were paid out my life insurance which we used to pay off all of our debt, plus a loan attached to our nothern rock mortgage. We paid 10,000 off our mortgage, did some House renovations and purchased a new car, the rest we used the rest to cover me being off work for almost a year.

We are now 2 years down the line. Everything has gone from our credit file for over a year now and we're slowly building our credit ratings back up. In a strange way my diagnoses was a blessing for our finances. We are now hoping to change our mortgage whilst interest rates are still low as we're still stuck on the northern rock together mortgage at over 4%. How long should we wait before we apply to remortgage? We don't want to borrow anymore we just want to change to a better deal in the hope we can continue paying what we are now and pay it off sooner. House is valued around 100k we owe 83k on the mortgage.
    • KTaneva
    • By KTaneva 28th Mar 17, 10:18 AM
    • 22 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    KTaneva
    Olivia sorry to hear that.
    Hope everything is fine now .

I didn't post here for a while but this was due to the conveyancing proces .
    I would like to ask how long this process take for you?
    I did receive some paperwork from my solicitor but he is still waiting for local authority search .

I don't have patient to grab my keys !
    • Sahmed660
    • By Sahmed660 28th Mar 17, 12:12 PM
    • 44 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Sahmed660
    Olivia sorry to hear that.
    Hope everything is fine now .

I didn't post here for a while but this was due to the conveyancing proces .
    I would like to ask how long this process take for you?
    I did receive some paperwork from my solicitor but he is still waiting for local authority search .

I don't have patient to grab my keys !
    Originally posted by KTaneva
    Why don't you ask your lawyer? Isn't that what we pay them for!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

123Posts Today

1,923Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • The strange thing with a 4yr old is having to play & smile while inside feeling sick for those in trauma in my birth town #Manchester

• Just a quick ta-ta for now. I'm taking the week off for family time with mini and Mrs MSE. So I won't be here much. Back after the bank hol

• Ugh another one trying it! Beware https://t.co/Ab9fCRA76F

• Follow Martin