Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 324
    • Rosy Apple
    • By Rosy Apple 14th Mar 17, 1:57 PM
    • 110 Posts
    • 19 Thanks
    Rosy Apple
    MA submitted to Natwest today and valuation fee taken, I have complex self employed accounts so here's hoping all goes well.
    Originally posted by Futuristic
    Good luck
    • KTaneva
    • By KTaneva 14th Mar 17, 2:21 PM
    • 22 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    KTaneva
    Update from me .
    My broker made application today with Halifax .
    Valuation fee taken out of my account . Valuation booked (don't know dates yet).
    Hopefully everything will go smooth with Halifax after my bad experience with NationWide. Prayers.
    • fairygoodgirl
    • By fairygoodgirl 14th Mar 17, 4:48 PM
    • 20 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    fairygoodgirl
    Update from me .
    My broker made application today with Halifax .
    Valuation fee taken out of my account . Valuation booked (don't know dates yet).
    Hopefully everything will go smooth with Halifax after my bad experience with NationWide. Prayers.
    Originally posted by KTaneva

Good luck! I might be joining you at this rate!
    • ScotsLad5818
    • By ScotsLad5818 14th Mar 17, 6:03 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    ScotsLad5818
    I could have exploded today. I work shifts, have been off for the last three weeks however and been dealing with mortgage advisor and lender over that time. They've got most documents within 24hrs from me. Today; the last day of my holiday they've requested a lot of documentation relating to proof of deposit. The majority is coming from our own savings and the remainder being gifted by a grandparent. In preparation for this having read about gifting letters elsewhere on MSE I already had one written up and signed.

However, along with that they have requested bank statements showing the money leaving the grandparents account and coming to us. Should be easy right... Unfortunately the money was transfered via my parents account as my grandparent doesn't use online banking and had a transfer already set up on her telephone banking account to my mum.

Now they want a letter and a statement from everyone involved, so it's like a gift from Gran > Mum > Me.

Frustrating thing is, ask me for this last week I'd have it done in a day even if I had to drive to everyone involved. Now, it's going to take til next week to get sorted.

Is this a normal process? I've got friends who have had the whole deposit paid by parents and haven't had this scrutiny put on them.

Plus side: valuation instructed today.
    • drsquirrel
    • By drsquirrel 15th Mar 17, 10:27 AM
    • 160 Posts
    • 73 Thanks
    drsquirrel
    It's very common to fill out a gift declaration - this is so they sign away any possible claim of equity in the property.

Your conveyancer may have a pre-written form for you to sign.
    • weecolls
    • By weecolls 15th Mar 17, 12:11 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    weecolls
    About To Scream!!

Any Recommendations on brokers in northern ireland?
    Our broker has basically sat on our information for 2 weeks and done nothing with it and is now asking me for loads of additional information before she can submit an application!
    Meanwhile Ive also started a new job and am taking place in my first ever white collar boxing match tomorrow night.
    If I have ever been on the verge of a mental breakdown, now would it!!
    Originally posted by AllyT90

Where abouts in Northern Ireland are you? If Belfast direction I would recommend The Mortgage Company NI - Tony McCormick
    • LKRDN_Morgan
    • By LKRDN_Morgan 15th Mar 17, 4:02 PM
    • 198 Posts
    • 625 Thanks
    LKRDN_Morgan
    Valuation took place yesterday but still waiting to hear the outcome.
    Santander been in touch requesting more info.
    At least it's moving!
    • jessnat995
    • By jessnat995 15th Mar 17, 8:45 PM
    • 98 Posts
    • 18 Thanks
    jessnat995
    i would try a different broker
    • KTaneva
    • By KTaneva 15th Mar 17, 9:02 PM
    • 22 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    KTaneva
    Update from me ! Applied Monday with Halifax ,today valuation and offer in the post !!!
    I love you Halifax !!!!!
    • Futuristic
    • By Futuristic 15th Mar 17, 9:21 PM
    • 720 Posts
    • 360 Thanks
    Futuristic
    Update from me ! Applied Monday with Halifax ,today valuation and offer in the post !!!
    I love you Halifax !!!!!
    3 days from application to offer? That's impressive, congratulations! Is it a new build?
    • strawberries1
    • By strawberries1 16th Mar 17, 12:12 AM
    • 551 Posts
    • 118 Thanks
    strawberries1
    I might go with Nationwide too.
    Is it best to use a broker or go direct?
    Anyone fixing rates or going variable?
    2yrs or 5yrs?
    I'm a FTB so I really need as much info as possible to analyse and make a decision.
    Thanks.
    • strawberries1
    • By strawberries1 16th Mar 17, 12:20 AM
    • 551 Posts
    • 118 Thanks
    strawberries1
    I love you Halifax !!!!!
    Did you do anything different?
    Did you find out why Nationwide refused?
    • KTaneva
    • By KTaneva 16th Mar 17, 12:30 AM
    • 22 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    KTaneva
    I have no idea and also I don't care anymore . As Halifax are being my bank since last 7-8 years and never made me down. I don't know even why I didn't go straight to Halifax but tried with NationWide first.
    My credit is 999.
    My salary is 42k.
    No loans,no credit cards,no children,no one depend on me . Never missed single payment and never late with any payment . Don't know if there is someone here in better position than me to be honest .
    Probably that's why they wast fast I don't know really but I am very happy. They are th best. Halifax!
    • strawberries1
    • By strawberries1 16th Mar 17, 12:35 AM
    • 551 Posts
    • 118 Thanks
    strawberries1
    I have no idea and also I don't care anymore . As Halifax are being my bank since last 7-8 years and never made me down. I don't know even why I didn't go straight to Halifax but tried with NationWide first.
    My credit is 999.
    My salary is 42k.
    No loans,no credit cards,no children,no one depend on me . Never missed single payment and never late with any payment . Don't know if there is someone here in better position than me to be honest .
    Probably that's why they wast fast I don't know really but I am very happy. They are th best. Halifax!
    I'm in the same position as you. The broker recomended NW, if it doesn't work out perhaps Halifax will be the one to try.

Did you go direct?
    • KTaneva
    • By KTaneva 16th Mar 17, 12:37 AM
    • 22 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    KTaneva
    Nw you mean NatWest or NationWide ?

I went with my amazing broker . He is such a star. Called him 100 times every day and he's still calm and informative .
    Love him.
    • strawberries1
    • By strawberries1 16th Mar 17, 3:19 PM
    • 551 Posts
    • 118 Thanks
    strawberries1
    Nw you mean NatWest or NationWide ?

I went with my amazing broker . He is such a star. Called him 100 times every day and he's still calm and informative .
    Love him.
    Nationwide.
    Yes, solicitors and brokers should be paid more and EAs less.
    • black_wings
    • By black_wings 17th Mar 17, 9:18 AM
    • 59 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    black_wings
    Hello
    Just submitted our application to Barclays via broker yesterday.
    Heard nothing back as yet except that we have to go in branch and get them to 'certify' various documents. Don't know if that's normal.
    Can we assume for now that we have passed on the basis of affordability and stress testing etc. as the initial AIP came back approved?
    • LKRDN_Morgan
    • By LKRDN_Morgan 17th Mar 17, 11:54 AM
    • 198 Posts
    • 625 Thanks
    LKRDN_Morgan
    Hello
    Just submitted our application to Barclays via broker yesterday.
    Heard nothing back as yet except that we have to go in branch and get them to 'certify' various documents. Don't know if that's normal.
    Can we assume for now that we have passed on the basis of affordability and stress testing etc. as the initial AIP came back approved?
    Originally posted by black_wings
    No the AIP is just a soft search. The underwriters will look into your application in more detail for stress testing, affordability etc so just a waiting game now
    Good luck!
    • strawberries1
    • By strawberries1 17th Mar 17, 4:00 PM
    • 551 Posts
    • 118 Thanks
    strawberries1
    Pardon me if this is the wrong thread to ask this.
    Do lenders generally have the same requirements for new mortgages as they do for a remortgage? ie will they check affordability again? So one will need to show expenses, wages etc?
    • black_wings
    • By black_wings 19th Mar 17, 10:51 AM
    • 59 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    black_wings
    Just heard this morning Barclays are now about to arrange the valuation.
    Does this mean we have passed the affordability checks etc? Surely they wouldn't arrange a valuation if it was going to fail on affordability?
    If anyone has any experience please help and put my mind at ease.
    Just so worried something gonna go wrong.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

203Posts Today

1,254Users online

Martin's Twitter