Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 323
    • KTaneva
    • By KTaneva 9th Mar 17, 11:05 AM
    • 22 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    KTaneva
    They was so fast in the beginning ,thought they will complete the process in a week . they done the credit check,day after valuation of the property, day after they said everything was fine . And from 03.03 till now I am waiting .��
    • LKRDN_Morgan
    • By LKRDN_Morgan 9th Mar 17, 5:38 PM
    • 219 Posts
    • 686 Thanks
    LKRDN_Morgan
    Can finally join in with this thread instead of lurking!

02/03 House viewed
    03/03 Offer accepted
    08/03 Mortgage application submitted to Santander through our broker

Now I wait
    Originally posted by LKRDN_Morgan
    Email from broker to say valuation survey is booked for 14/03. Supporting docs are currently being checked
    • nliggins
    • By nliggins 9th Mar 17, 6:22 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    nliggins
    We have our offer!!!
    I'm just joining in on this thread after watching and reading for the past couple of weeks, we applied through a Broker with skipton on monday 27th this is our time line:

Date Decision In Principle received 27/02/2017 1
    Date application received 27/02/2017 Action Completed
    Date Minimum Submission received 01/03/2017 Action Completed
    Date case underwritten 08/03/2017 2
    Date Valuation instructed 27/02/2017 Action Completed
    Date Valuation expected 07/03/2017 Action Completed
    Date Valuation received Pending Action Pending
    Date case offered Pending Action Pending
    Date Certificate of Title received Pending Action Pending
    Proposed date of completion Pending Action Pending
    Date mortgage completed Pending Action Pending

1 - 27 February 2017, 11:22:22
    2 - Pending Decision - Information Required

We know from the vendor that the valuation has been carried out Friday 3rd March

We have chased our Broker today who has told us that it's waiting with the Senior underwriter.

It says todays date as date case underwritten but number 2 (information required) could this just be the valuation report? or might it be something else?

I noticed yesterday that Skipton had set up the direct debit from my bank account - is this a good sign?

It's been 8 working days today - am I just being totally impatient? I'm so nervous - I feel sick!

thank you in advance for any advice
    Originally posted by nliggins

I'm so excited to report that our Broker has emailed us today to say Skipton have given us our mortgage offer and we will receive it in writing in the next day or 2 I cannot tell you how relieved I am and we can now start packing and believing that our dream home will actually be ours in a few weeks/month

Thank goodness the wait is over
    • BoBaggins
    • By BoBaggins 9th Mar 17, 10:27 PM
    • 19 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    BoBaggins
    Hello everyone,

Joining this thread as my MB put our full application in th The Halifax today

Timeline:

8 March - AIP
    9 March - Full application and paid for valuation

Please cross your fingers and toes for us...FTB and feeling nervous
    • jobert123
    • By jobert123 10th Mar 17, 9:07 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    jobert123
    Nilggins - congrats on your mortgage going through with Skipton!

We are at the underwrite stage now, hoping it will be completed today as this is the bit im most worried about.

What is your LTV and are you FTB?
    • nliggins
    • By nliggins 10th Mar 17, 10:53 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    nliggins
    Nilggins - congrats on your mortgage going through with Skipton!

We are at the underwrite stage now, hoping it will be completed today as this is the bit im most worried about.

What is your LTV and are you FTB?
    Originally posted by jobert123

Thank you it's such a nerve wracking process isn't it?!
    Got my fingers crossed for you too - in fairness Skipton have been really efficient - I can't grumble at all (now they've offered hehe)

we're not FTB and our LTV is 90% - we made sure our Broker had everything they asked for at the time of application and there was nothing more they asked - let us know how you get on

Nicki
    • jobert123
    • By jobert123 10th Mar 17, 11:05 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    jobert123
    Very nerve wracking! I'm sat refreshing our tracker as we speak. They do seem pretty quick in all fairenss, our valuation is booked and due to be completed by Tuesday. But I'm not too worried about that it's the underwrite that I am.

Yes our broker has been fab too, she got all our docs (I basically took my life with me to our application meeting!)

We are FTB purchasing a new build, using help to buy ours is 75% LTV.

Praying we get accepted!!
    • AllyT90
    • By AllyT90 10th Mar 17, 2:37 PM
    • 22 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    AllyT90
    About To Scream!!

Any Recommendations on brokers in northern ireland?
    Our broker has basically sat on our information for 2 weeks and done nothing with it and is now asking me for loads of additional information before she can submit an application!
    Meanwhile Ive also started a new job and am taking place in my first ever white collar boxing match tomorrow night.
    If I have ever been on the verge of a mental breakdown, now would it!!
    • ScotsLad5818
    • By ScotsLad5818 12th Mar 17, 2:01 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    ScotsLad5818
    Great post. In many ways reassuring, in many ways concerning.

I'm a FTB and have applied to Clydesdale Bank through our mortgage broker. I've read a few times (though old posts) that they are a bit slower than most and use manual processes. Is this still the case?
    • KTaneva
    • By KTaneva 12th Mar 17, 3:47 PM
    • 22 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    KTaneva
    Omg I just had a call from my broker and I was told that my application with NationWide has been randomly chosen by head office for audit check ? Does anyone have experience of this ? Is this bad or good ? For sure this will delay my application more ...
    • SouthernWolf
    • By SouthernWolf 12th Mar 17, 5:00 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    SouthernWolf
    Great post. In many ways reassuring, in many ways concerning.

I'm a FTB and have applied to Clydesdale Bank through our mortgage broker. I've read a few times (though old posts) that they are a bit slower than most and use manual processes. Is this still the case?
    Originally posted by ScotsLad5818
    Our broker also told us that Clydesdale were slower, but the mortgage valuation was arranged in the same week, and the bank themselves were helpful. We are now waiting to complete!
    • KTaneva
    • By KTaneva 13th Mar 17, 9:51 AM
    • 22 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    KTaneva
    Bad bad news for me .
    My application was declined without any explanation from the head office in NationWide .
    Credit score 999 ,salary 42k,no credit cards no loans nothing .
    I can't believe this .
    I don't know where I am now and I had so many plans already even for my new furnitures in the house .
    Now we will make alllication with Halifax ,I am banking with them for 5 years already ,hope they will consider to give me green light .
    • Sahmed660
    • By Sahmed660 13th Mar 17, 12:42 PM
    • 44 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Sahmed660
    Bad bad news for me .
    My application was declined without any explanation from the head office in NationWide .
    I can't believe this .
    I don't know where I am now and I had so many plans already even for my new furnitures in the house .
    Now we will make alllication with Halifax ,I am banking with them for 5 years already ,hope they will consider to give me green light .
    Originally posted by KTaneva
    That's shocking! You need to get onto your MA to find out a reason; otherwise you might trip up on the same thing again
    • Rosy Apple
    • By Rosy Apple 13th Mar 17, 3:26 PM
    • 138 Posts
    • 27 Thanks
    Rosy Apple
    Application to HSBC
    Hello,

We applied for our mortgage with HSBC on Friday (10th March) through a broker. We have gone for a 5 year fix and it's 90% LTV.

On Friday evening the broker said we had passed the initial credit check and that he had since submitted our application and all supporting documents.

Is anyone else waiting on HSBC? How long was it from full application to valuation being booked was it for you?

Thanks and good luck to all!
    RA
    • Blade200
    • By Blade200 13th Mar 17, 5:34 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Blade200
    We had an AIP from Accord last week and after submitting our full app on Saturday we have just heard today we have been declined. Devastated.

My partner has 2 defaults from 5 years ago which was illustrated to them in the AIP. It went to an underwriter who accepted it. Then the full app was declined due to these 2 defaults. 1 for £2000 and another for £200.
    • jessnat995
    • By jessnat995 13th Mar 17, 7:28 PM
    • 105 Posts
    • 20 Thanks
    jessnat995
    thats bad i feel for you, Are you sure there is nothing on anyone of your records? i only mention it as we gor accepted and was in a far worse possition
    • fairygoodgirl
    • By fairygoodgirl 13th Mar 17, 8:13 PM
    • 20 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    fairygoodgirl
    Bad bad news for me .
    I can't believe this .
    Now I'm nervous....we are in the same position. Noticed many people get their offer not long after the valuation. :/
    • Blade200
    • By Blade200 13th Mar 17, 10:01 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Blade200
    thats bad i feel for you, Are you sure there is nothing on anyone of your records? i only mention it as we gor accepted and was in a far worse possition
    Originally posted by jessnat995
    Absolutely sure I've a clean record. At a complete loss. Broker is so annoyed he will refund full fees. Normally only half gets refunded.
    • vics007
    • By vics007 14th Mar 17, 2:12 AM
    • 19 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    vics007
    Bad bad news for me .
    I can't believe this .

I'm so sorry - I feel totally gutted for you x
    • Futuristic
    • By Futuristic 14th Mar 17, 1:23 PM
    • 723 Posts
    • 360 Thanks
    Futuristic
    MA submitted to Natwest today and valuation fee taken, I have complex self employed accounts so here hoping all goes well.
    Last edited by Futuristic; 14-03-2017 at 2:58 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,792Posts Today

5,368Users online

Martin's Twitter