Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 301
    • neo2020
    • By neo2020 12th Oct 16, 7:36 PM
    • 46 Posts
    • 19 Thanks
    neo2020
    Well done guys that was pretty painless

    Movement today for me has consisted of authority to proceed for help to buy, so underwriting process will commence now. Valuation day hasn't been set as development not open until tomorrow to arrange. Hopefully, pending no queries, I'd imagine the underwriting approval will come through by the weekend having seen your timescales? Here's hoping
    Originally posted by mancdude
    Yes, or might even be done tomorrow. Good luck with it!
    • Nlhlyd
    • By Nlhlyd 13th Oct 16, 7:29 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Nlhlyd
    Hi I'm getting on board this thread! The waiting is killing me! We are going through a broker as its a shared ownership property. DIP given 2 eeeks ago with Halifax, valuation done on Tuesday (11/10) had a cool yesterday as husband needed to send most up to date bank statement showing child benefit goes into his account and now as far as we are aware it's with underwriting. Husband is doing it in his name only which some lenders don't like. I'm just freaking out, is this a normal process to carry out valuation THEN going to underwriting? Sleepless night last night I hope we find something out before the weekend so we can relax and continue on this very stressful journey!
    • Methi245
    • By Methi245 13th Oct 16, 8:43 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Methi245
    Hi new on the forum. Full app went in 26/09 more docs requested 05/10 plus informed valuation instructed now all quiet. FTB new build and self employed.

    Tearing my hair out and can't sleep at all. App is with precise.
    • jo3ler
    • By jo3ler 13th Oct 16, 1:49 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    jo3ler
    And finally, mortgage offer confirmed by text. Will wait for full details tomorrow.

    Originally posted by neo2020
    Same as, confirmation text yesterday and offer by email from Broker today, hopefully on the doormat when we get home too! Absolutely buzzing! I can't believe it!

    Good luck to everyone else still waiting, keep the faith!
    • Levs01
    • By Levs01 13th Oct 16, 3:10 PM
    • 224 Posts
    • 237 Thanks
    Levs01
    Re mortgage application back to the underwriters after finally making them happy with the info provided. 48 hours till decision, or more likely, they ask us for more information, I'm sure they have got my blood type or inside leg measurement yet!!
    • chrislee2810
    • By chrislee2810 13th Oct 16, 5:58 PM
    • 105 Posts
    • 88 Thanks
    chrislee2810
    It's horrible waiting, we had our offer last week and for me it's just as stressful with the solicitors, as soon as you have the offer you just want it done and dusted. We have also found out that our searches will take 6 weeks to come back as the person that deals with it for our local authority has retired and not been replaced.
    Apparently the draft contracts were sent from our sellers solicitor today so hopefully we can get in before Christmas.
    • mancdude
    • By mancdude 13th Oct 16, 8:34 PM
    • 19 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    mancdude
    No movement today at all - the optimist in me says underwriters have done their bit and we're just awaiting the valuation prior to an offer coming through but the pessimist in me says 'OH MY GOD WHATS GONE WRONG'

    Hopefully I'll hear something tomorrow!
    • FTB-James
    • By FTB-James 13th Oct 16, 11:35 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    FTB-James
    8/10/16 Offer made and accepted on new build
    9/10/16 Mortgage in principle submitted by mortgage advisor- referred by lender
    10/10/16 Assessment by underwriters
    11/10/16 MIP issued
    13/10/16 full application submitted by mortgage advisor

    Nervously waiting!!
    • Levs01
    • By Levs01 14th Oct 16, 5:42 PM
    • 224 Posts
    • 237 Thanks
    Levs01
    20 weeks after application submitted we have our offer for re mortgage on our BTL. I can finally stop thinking about it
    • michaeljpconlon
    • By michaeljpconlon 14th Oct 16, 7:52 PM
    • 23 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    michaeljpconlon
    woohoo I took the plunge after reading the forums and went to a broker. Got DIP through from the Halifax today, viewing house tomorrow! Got 85% mortgage would've prefered 90% but I'll find the difference. Bye Bye Rent payments
    • mancdude
    • By mancdude 15th Oct 16, 8:46 AM
    • 19 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    mancdude
    Received an email yesterday from the mortgage broker saying valuation had been done and now our application is with underwriters pending their decision, and we'll hear back within 48 hours. I'm assuming that doesn't mean weekend? Has anyone ever had a decision over a weekend? So nervous right now!
    • hammergirl28
    • By hammergirl28 17th Oct 16, 11:03 AM
    • 40 Posts
    • 55 Thanks
    hammergirl28
    So found out today that after 5 weeks of chasing HSBC have declined our mortgage, affordability fine but as mortgage going into retirement they wont approve ! Nightmare looking like our whole chain is about to collapse !
    • Levs01
    • By Levs01 17th Oct 16, 1:44 PM
    • 224 Posts
    • 237 Thanks
    Levs01
    So found out today that after 5 weeks of chasing HSBC have declined our mortgage, affordability fine but as mortgage going into retirement they wont approve ! Nightmare looking like our whole chain is about to collapse !
    Originally posted by hammergirl28
    Have you spoke to a broker? Don't give up. Find an independent whole of market broker and see if they can help.
    • chrislee2810
    • By chrislee2810 17th Oct 16, 2:05 PM
    • 105 Posts
    • 88 Thanks
    chrislee2810
    So found out today that after 5 weeks of chasing HSBC have declined our mortgage, affordability fine but as mortgage going into retirement they wont approve ! Nightmare looking like our whole chain is about to collapse !
    Originally posted by hammergirl28
    Can they not lower the term?
    • hello_petal
    • By hello_petal 17th Oct 16, 11:36 PM
    • 36 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    hello_petal
    03/10 - AIP approved by Halifax
    07/10 - Reserved new build home
    14/10 - Submitted Halifax full mortgage application
    14/10 - Valuation fee paid

    Site visit taking place for valuation this week - once completed, my mortgage advisor advised that I should have final decision by end next week... I'm nervously waiting and I have no nails left!!
    • hammergirl28
    • By hammergirl28 18th Oct 16, 11:47 AM
    • 40 Posts
    • 55 Thanks
    hammergirl28
    So spoke to a broker yesterday expecting a call back today, HSBC need us to start a whole new application to change retirement age or shorten term and given how slow they have been so far we have decided to cut our loses!
    • Gunther Golf
    • By Gunther Golf 18th Oct 16, 2:33 PM
    • 62 Posts
    • 36 Thanks
    Gunther Golf
    Move date set for 28/10/16 - A week on Friday!

    The weekend was frantic buying 1001 different things for our first home together. It's been an absolute daze!

    From viewing to move-in date it's 25 days LOL - 7 of those falling on weekends so only 18 working days! Our solicitor said she has never dealt with a house move that has been so quick and smooth - Looks like all the planets aligned for us!

    • skatieferguson
    • By skatieferguson 18th Oct 16, 2:47 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    skatieferguson
    This has been the most stressful thing I have ever done!!


    Have some adverse credit on my history - but through a broker found AIP for 85% with a lender that also does help to buy - Halifax.


    We picked our house and reserved our plot, that is ready to move into!! Completed the help to buy application.


    Halifax get in touch asking for human story behind the adverse credit, and asking for clarification that my wage slips are an abbreviation of my full name.


    Move forward 1 weeks, receive the successful help to buy application, mortgage application is now with underwriter.


    Wednesday receive verbal notice that Halifax will lend to us.


    Get a phone call on the Thursday about my partners credit score, claiming undisclosed lending...... but within 20 minutes this is cleared up.


    Monday we were notified that they had a discrepancy in the spelling of my partners name ( Alan v Allan) and were re checking it. they then said they would lend us 60% loan to value, broker went over case with underwriter and then offer went back to 75%.....we appealed to try and get the full 80%


    Broker got an AIP from NatWest who offered 75%.....


    Thursday get notified appeal failed and final decision from Halifax is now 65%!!!


    Now 12 Halifax credit checks are on our files and score is ruined so NatWest declined to lend to us.


    We have found the 20% deposit needed, but had to resubmit the help to buy application with the higher deposit!!


    Everything was submitted on Friday, and missives are due to be signed in 2 days!!!


    so waiting for what is going to go wrong next!!!! I have a horrible feeling this isn't meant to be! the waiting for bad news is crippling.
    • mancdude
    • By mancdude 18th Oct 16, 6:22 PM
    • 19 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    mancdude
    Today has been silent for us so still waiting - although in the scheme of things it's not been too long I just feel my life is on hold!

    For anyone else who has applied to Santander (Help to Buy) here's our timeline thus far:

    29/09 - Plot Reserved
    05/10 - Face to Face with Mortgage advisor
    06/10 - AIP from Santander (Hard credit check recorded on file)
    10/10 - Full application sent to Santander
    11/10 - Valuation Instructed
    12/10 - Help to Buy Authority to Proceed issued
    14/10 - Valuation undertaken
    15/10 - File passed to Underwriters for decision

    Now anxiously waiting! They're working four days behind so anticipating we'll have an update tomorrow. Fingers crossed!
    • Rhi60
    • By Rhi60 19th Oct 16, 8:49 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Rhi60
    Hi

    I thought I'd jump on this thread too as I'm going out of my mind !! we put in our mortgage application on Monday through a broker with Leeds b/s.

    They instructed a valuation to be carried out today and I got a positive email from H/S saying to send over the offer letter when we get it. The valuation is free. Is this a good sign they have instructed the valuation?? also has anyone been offered a mortgage bring in an overdraft ?? my husband went into his unauthorised overdraft bit has paid it all off before submitting the app. here hoping ��
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,690Posts Today

6,415Users online

Martin's Twitter