IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
TMTI VIP Cancellation?
Closed Thread
Views: 42,277
# 1
Coolhandluke
Old 04-06-2007, 6:20 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Default TMTI VIP Cancellation?

Whats the best way of cancelling my TMTI VIP package before the first 30 days are up.
The company web site is unavailable and theres no answer when phoned.
# 2
g33za
Old 04-06-2007, 8:42 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

cancel the direct debit they setup before the first one is due... did u get a pin number through the post?
ummm...
# 3
Coolhandluke
Old 04-06-2007, 9:18 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

No DD has been set up yet but i will keep checking.
Noticed on a previous post that don't set up the DD until the day that the first payment is due so to make a bit arkward to cancel.
What do you mean by PIN number?
# 4
g33za
Old 04-06-2007, 11:03 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

they are supposed to send a pin number so you can use their services, i never got that pin number and to this date they never setup a direct debit... its been over a month now. I'm pretty sure they cant setup a direct debit and take it on the same day.. but i could be wrong.
ummm...
# 5
Pink Glitter
Old 01-07-2007, 10:02 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Help! I was automatically signed up to this TMTI rubbish when I bought a phone from e2save.

I cancelled it from the website a few days before direct debit (that I had never even authorised anyway) was due and I checked on my online account to cancel it but it was not there.
Yet they have taken 14.03 from my bank account by a direct debit they must have set up on the day. Extremely annoyed.

What are my rights as I have never even authorised this direct debit in the first place. Any advice greatfully received.
# 6
mobilejunkie
Old 02-07-2007, 9:08 AM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

I always cancel it by calling TMT and never had a problem. You're covered by the direct debit guarantee so complain to the bank AND call TMT. I've actually found them helpful and the service occasionally worthwhile and always take the free month where it's offered.
# 7
Pink Glitter
Old 02-07-2007, 10:58 AM
MoneySaving Convert

I phoned today and they are going to refund the money but it takes 10-14 days. Slightly annoyed as I never even agreed to service in first place. Bank says as long as companies have your account and sort code numbers they can set up direct debits. I gave my details to e2save for Orange not for TMTI.

Be very wary is all I can say and check your bank statements thoroughly, I'm glad I did!
# 8
g33za
Old 02-07-2007, 12:56 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Glitter View Post
I phoned today and they are going to refund the money but it takes 10-14 days. Slightly annoyed as I never even agreed to service in first place. Bank says as long as companies have your account and sort code numbers they can set up direct debits. I gave my details to e2save for Orange not for TMTI.

Be very wary is all I can say and check your bank statements thoroughly, I'm glad I did!
Just out of interest, did TMTI send you a PIN to access their services?
ummm...
# 9
Pink Glitter
Old 02-07-2007, 10:03 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Yes they did send a PIN as that's how I accessed their online service to cancel it but they still took the money afterwards.
# 10
antoniomontana
Old 20-12-2007, 9:32 AM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Default cancelling TMTI and e2save phonecare

contracts with e2save come with both e2save phonecare (insurance i think)and TMTI VIP tech support free for a month, obviously i'd like to cancel them but theres no instructions on who to contact, does anyone know where I can phone/write/email to get both these cancelled?
# 11
mcmanlyn
Old 20-12-2007, 10:13 AM
MoneySaving Stalwart

ring e2save they'll cancel it.
[FONT="Tahoma"][SIZE="2"][COLOR="Purple"]Wondering how to have a life & not rack up more debts...
# 12
mobilejunkie
Old 20-12-2007, 11:37 AM

They won't. You need to call cpw insurance and TMT separately, or if you prefer not to line their pockets on premium rate numbers you can cancel both on-line. cpw main site for the insurance and the TMT website when you get the letter with your details on it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mobilejunkie For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 13
nirave
Old 26-05-2008, 5:33 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Send a message via MSN to nirave

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobilejunkie View Post
They won't. You need to call cpw insurance and TMT separately, or if you prefer not to line their pockets on premium rate numbers you can cancel both on-line. cpw main site for the insurance and the TMT website when you get the letter with your details on it.
Hi mobile junkie,

Can you answer something for me? I phoned up these TMTI idiots because I hadn't received any details with policy id etc on it. They said that they cancelled it and no money would be going out... this was a month ago. Just looked at my account they've taken 17.94 and i said to the bank it was cancelled and they said nothing we can do... if you cancel the direct debit they can just reissue and take further money out.

What legal rights do i have because i've spoken to TMTI and now they are denying all knowledge of me ever having cancelled it and furthermore state they sent my details out 5 times in the post.

Any recommendations??

Thanks

nirave

P.S. they really do take the p*ss on the phone and deliberately keep you on hold for about 15 minutes before being willing to answer anything... each question i asked them i was on hold for 15 minutes - 2hour call in total!! You can't cancel online without your policy id which they send to you in the post (if you ever get it)

thanks
# 14
nirave
Old 26-05-2008, 5:39 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Angry

They do set up the direct debit on the same day that they take it out. That's what i realised today. i phoned them up a month ago to cancel as i couldn't online as i hadn't received any details. they said to me it was cancelled. next thing i know they've taken 17.94 out and when i spoke to them they are refusing any knowledge of it having been cancelled over the phone and are refusing to refund the money.

any thoughts about what i can do people?
# 15
nell2
Old 26-05-2008, 6:14 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

That is very sneaky only setting up the DD the day they plan to extract the money. However, my bank does call back DD's if I ring them the day I see them leaving the account. (Had to do this once - can't remember why) so keep a close eye on your online banking.
Also, if money has been taken which they were not authorised to take, then your bank should refund you under the Direct Debit guarantee.
The Following User Says Thank You to nell2 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 16
keith1950
Old 26-05-2008, 7:49 PM

Default Tmti/phonecare

Hi, I have usually find that if you cancel the direct debits as soon as they appear on your online banking , that they will contact you and you can then officially cancel them-done several times and never had any problems.
# 17
mobilejunkie
Old 26-05-2008, 8:43 PM

I've never had a single problem cancelling either the dd, the insurance or the TMT. I always do it on-line or on a normal rate call and ensure a written confirmation arrives in good time. No-one can set up a new dd if you cancel the original one - that would be fraud. You are covered by the direct debit guarantee so my first port of call would be the bank - though I'd ensure I didn't end up in that situation in the first place!
The Following User Says Thank You to mobilejunkie For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 18
agsnu
Old 26-05-2008, 8:55 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirave View Post
Can you answer something for me? I phoned up these TMTI idiots because I hadn't received any details with policy id etc on it. They said that they cancelled it and no money would be going out... this was a month ago. Just looked at my account they've taken 17.94 and i said to the bank it was cancelled and they said nothing we can do... if you cancel the direct debit they can just reissue and take further money out.
Your bank is wrong.

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.u...-guarantee.htm
The Following User Says Thank You to agsnu For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 19
agsnu
Old 26-05-2008, 8:58 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Go to your bank, people!

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.u...-guarantee.htm
# 20
nirave
Old 29-05-2008, 2:21 AM
MoneySaving Convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by nell2 View Post
That is very sneaky only setting up the DD the day they plan to extract the money. However, my bank does call back DD's if I ring them the day I see them leaving the account. (Had to do this once - can't remember why) so keep a close eye on your online banking.
Also, if money has been taken which they were not authorised to take, then your bank should refund you under the Direct Debit guarantee.
Yeh i did that... had to call them up and threaten them to and explain word for word what the DD guarantee says lol bareee seriously long unfortunately lol but anyways I got the money back and they've agreed not to allow any further DD to leave the account directed to TMTI.
Closed Thread