Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Knit Witch
    • By Knit Witch 24th Jun 13, 2:53 PM
    • 3,627Posts
    • 26,115Thanks
    Knit Witch
    Knit Witch's NitWit LBM, debt busting with yarn!
    • 24th Jun 13, 2:53 PM
    Knit Witch's NitWit LBM, debt busting with yarn! 24th Jun 13 at 2:53 PM
    Okay I need to shift £3k of various debts, I need to shift rather a lot of weight and I need a plan! At the moment I have lots of yarn so I am planning on knitting to keep me away from snacking and on-line shopping

The main thing is I reckon I can clear £200 a month - possibly more so I need to knuckle down and do so! (and not buy any more! )
    "Shop" From Stash (4 skeins down!)
    OS Weight Loss 0.5/7
Page 20
    • please-let-me-be-lucky
    • By please-let-me-be-lucky 20th Feb 17, 8:32 AM
    • 7,808 Posts
    • 42,731 Thanks
    please-let-me-be-lucky
    Best of luck KW Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0

NSDs achieved in March - 1/5
    • Karmacat
    • By Karmacat 20th Feb 17, 8:39 AM
    • 26,954 Posts
    • 143,988 Thanks
    Karmacat
    From me too, KW - sorry the journey is such a beggar do you need to take your paperwork with you for when they're contradicting themselves? Have you got a list written out of questions or appropriate rebuttals? Thinking of you xx
    Retired August 2016

Goal: earnings of £25k from new opportunities from September 2016 to December 2020 when my state pension kicks in.Save
    • *Robin*
    • By *Robin* 20th Feb 17, 10:36 AM
    • 3,122 Posts
    • 12,217 Thanks
    *Robin*
    Sorry to hear you've got to tackle PIP, KW. Could you not ask for a home visit though, or at least an appointment in the local city?
    • Knit Witch
    • By Knit Witch 20th Feb 17, 4:50 PM
    • 3,627 Posts
    • 26,115 Thanks
    Knit Witch
    Sorry to hear you've got to tackle PIP, KW. Could you not ask for a home visit though, or at least an appointment in the local city?
    Originally posted by *Robin*
    Quite frankly I don't want anyone from ATOS anywhere near my home oh and when Dr Witch asked about somewhere closer they got sniffy!
    OS Weight Loss 0.5/7
    • Knit Witch
    • By Knit Witch 25th Feb 17, 3:00 PM
    • 3,627 Posts
    • 26,115 Thanks
    Knit Witch
    Okay had the PIP assessment and I guess it went okay - now the waiting game (still not heard anything about my ESA application )

Next week, hand etc permitting!) I will knit and get my flipping sweater finished (err the one I hoped to wear New Years Eve oops )

What else? Hmm again depends on the hand but I want to get some stitching done (needlepoint probably as that is a larger needle), pay off some more debt (currently trying to get my CC to a manageable amount whilst paying the minimum on the Very and Simply Be accounts - once I am happier with the CC I will start to snowball the three of them and get them GONE!)

Oh and I really need to clear my desk and do some filing a job I really luuurve (NOT )
    OS Weight Loss 0.5/7
    • Karmacat
    • By Karmacat 25th Feb 17, 5:47 PM
    • 26,954 Posts
    • 143,988 Thanks
    Karmacat
    Take some time off this evening, KW, you deserve it
    Retired August 2016

Goal: earnings of £25k from new opportunities from September 2016 to December 2020 when my state pension kicks in.Save
    • Knit Witch
    • By Knit Witch 25th Feb 17, 6:13 PM
    • 3,627 Posts
    • 26,115 Thanks
    Knit Witch
    Take some time off this evening, KW, you deserve it
    Originally posted by Karmacat
    I must confess to it currently being wine o'clock - back to the diet tomorrow as well! (sorry healthy eating plan )
    OS Weight Loss 0.5/7
    • please-let-me-be-lucky
    • By please-let-me-be-lucky 25th Feb 17, 7:58 PM
    • 7,808 Posts
    • 42,731 Thanks
    please-let-me-be-lucky
    Enjoy your evening, what's done is done and hopefully all is well Xx

• Knit Witch
    • By Knit Witch 1st Mar 17, 6:43 PM
    • 3,627 Posts
    • 26,115 Thanks
    Knit Witch
    I have come down from the panic enough to do some knitting , another day I and I should have the comfy sweater to the cast on for the pattern/sleeves bit on the front (or back! both sides are identical - which means if I do this again I will cast them both on at the same time on a long circular so that I will know for SURE that they are the same length ). My plans for March are to finish and WEAR this, get a lot more done on the needlepoint (ideally everything but the white done), lose some weight and clear some debt.

All good things and great plans - lets hope the best laid plans of Mice and Witches works
    OS Weight Loss 0.5/7
    • Karmacat
    • By Karmacat 2nd Mar 17, 10:02 AM
    • 26,954 Posts
    • 143,988 Thanks
    Karmacat
    Oh I like the idea of a long circular - that would certainly save time on stitching up, too

Glad you've got the better of the panic, hope you're sleeping okay.
    Retired August 2016

• Knit Witch
    • By Knit Witch 2nd Mar 17, 4:07 PM
    • 3,627 Posts
    • 26,115 Thanks
    Knit Witch
    Oh I like the idea of a long circular - that would certainly save time on stitching up, too

Not really I would still need to do the same as it us knitted as two large T's

Glad you've got the better of the panic, hope you're sleeping okay.
    Originally posted by Karmacat
    Panic is slightly better, sleep is dire all the time because of pain (actually come to think of it they never asked about sleep!)
    OS Weight Loss 0.5/7
    • Knit Witch
    • By Knit Witch 16th Mar 17, 1:22 PM
    • 3,627 Posts
    • 26,115 Thanks
    Knit Witch
    Had the result, they granted the care component but not mobility because apparently I can walk more than 50 metres (err NO not without stopping, getting my breath and waiting for the flipping pain to subside grump), oh and I am now on antidepressants but according to them my mental health is fine (where's the shruggy smiley when you need him)

I have been knitting away though and may soon have my sweater finished (I hope it fits after all this ), oh and gradually chipping away at the S!mply Be and V3ry accounts along with my CC so things are happening slowly but surely (apart from my weight going down - that appears to be going in the opposite direction )
    OS Weight Loss 0.5/7
    • Karmacat
    • By Karmacat 19th Mar 17, 10:44 AM
    • 26,954 Posts
    • 143,988 Thanks
    Karmacat
    These people are determined to find ways to screw us over in whatever method they can get us not awfully grammatical, but still true

Hope you're okay.
    Retired August 2016

• please-let-me-be-lucky
    • By please-let-me-be-lucky 19th Mar 17, 5:00 PM
    • 7,808 Posts
    • 42,731 Thanks
    please-let-me-be-lucky
    Glad you were granted SOMETHING, but not good you were assessed incorrectly. Are you going to appeal? Xx

• Knit Witch
    • By Knit Witch 20th Mar 17, 10:56 AM
    • 3,627 Posts
    • 26,115 Thanks
    Knit Witch
    Glad you were granted SOMETHING, but not good you were assessed incorrectly. Are you going to appeal? Xx
    Originally posted by please-let-me-be-lucky
    Mandatory Reconsideration to be mulled over letter wise this week and sent next (they give you 4 weeks to get that in and their letter arrived after a week meaning only 3 weeks )

Still don't know about ESA
    OS Weight Loss 0.5/7
    • *Robin*
    • By *Robin* 20th Mar 17, 11:25 AM
    • 3,122 Posts
    • 12,217 Thanks
    *Robin*
    Glad you survived the assessment, Knit Witch, but no real surprise at the inaccuracies and questionable result!
    According to several chronic illness support groups I belong to, most decisions are corrected at MR. If not, there's plenty of help to take it further (including loan of "approved" recording gear which stops the assessor making up rubbish in the appeal).
    • Knit Witch
    • By Knit Witch 21st Mar 17, 11:17 AM
    • 3,627 Posts
    • 26,115 Thanks
    Knit Witch
    Glad you survived the assessment, Knit Witch, but no real surprise at the inaccuracies and questionable result!
    According to several chronic illness support groups I belong to, most decisions are corrected at MR. If not, there's plenty of help to take it further (including loan of "approved" recording gear which stops the assessor making up rubbish in the appeal).
    Originally posted by *Robin*
    Letter written and can be sent later or tomorrow - then the waiting game again (meanwhile I WILL finish my sweater this week!)
    OS Weight Loss 0.5/7
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,107Posts Today

11,967Users online

Martin's Twitter