Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    mlee393
    Can the same default be registered twice?
    • 9th Jun 13, 12:59 PM
    Can the same default be registered twice? 9th Jun 13 at 12:59 PM
    Can anyone help?

I received a small default for 240 back in 2008 over a dispute with a mail order company. The default remains on my credit file yet a further default dated in 2012 for the same debt has appeared on my credit file yet has been registered by a debt recovery company not the actual company the default originally occurred with. Are the debt recovery company allowed to register a further default on my credit file for the same debt????
    Any help on this would be appreciated.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,376Posts Today

6,689Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • London marathoners, free meals once you finish (woo hoo) full list http://t.co/CgeN6obyOa Pls RT to spread word

• Bravo @JonnyMaitland Dead Sheep is great. Highly recommended for anyone bar finsbury park (or political nerds)

• Going to see my mate @JonnyMaitland's play Dead Sheep, about the end of the thatcher regime, tonight

• Follow Martin