Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    Reallyfedup123
    ABC Mascots - Not receiving responses to emails in relation to a costume hire
    • 29th May 13, 8:48 AM
    ABC Mascots - Not receiving responses to emails in relation to a costume hire 29th May 13 at 8:48 AM
    I have booked and paid for the hire of a costume through ABC Mascots.

The booking fee was paid for at the beginning of the year via Paypal (so well out of the 60 day limit to make a claim) and the remaining £75 (£50 refundable deposit and £25 courier delivery and collection) was paid by BACS about 4 weeks ago.

The website no longer exists and the contact number on their Sales emails no longer works.

I had an initial response to my query about what was happening with the website saying that their web hosting company had gone bust and had turned off their servers meaning that ABC had lost their site and their customer database. The database had subsequently been restored and all future orders were going to be fulfilled.

But since then I've had no responses to my emails and the phone number is no longer working.

The costume is due to be delivered in a few weeks and we are going to have to try and source an alternative now at additional cost to us.

I know of one other customer whose costume arrived (it would already have been in transit when their site went down) and was picked up, but they haven't received their refundable deposit and have received no responses to their emails.

Is there anything we can do to get our money back?
Page 2
    • zoemdickinson21
    • By zoemdickinson21 14th Sep 17, 1:23 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    zoemdickinson21
    Deposit Issue
    I been trying to get touch with him since day after 24.08.17 costume was booked 23.08.17 and retuned day after.
    Not answering any emails i sending.
    Does anyone know how i start a small claims for my despot
    • Lubo1888
    • By Lubo1888 21st Sep 17, 4:12 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Lubo1888
    AVOID AT ALL COSTS

Totally ignored since returning costume. As soon as i mentioned trading standards i had an email returned but have heard nothing since. I have filed a consumer complaint. They do not have a contactable telephone number.

This company is a scam
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,817Posts Today

8,177Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin