Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • SailorSam
    • By SailorSam 18th May 13, 10:15 AM
    • 19,421Posts
    • 33,146Thanks
    SailorSam
    0 WOW
    Free Boilers.
    • 18th May 13, 10:15 AM
    0 WOW
    Free Boilers. 18th May 13 at 10:15 AM
    Check to see if you could be eligible to have a new boiler fitted. It's a Govt scheme but appears to be run by B&q.

http://www.diy.com/content/marketing/free_boiler/index.jsp?menu=freeBoiler
    Now that i'm what you could describe as an older person i've stopped eating health foods.
    I need all the preservatives i can get.

Page 1
  • Cypress
    • 4th Aug 13, 10:51 AM
    Free Boilers
    • 4th Aug 13, 10:51 AM
    Has anyone applied for a free boiler and been successful in having one fitted?

If so who did you contact?

Can you post their contact details?

Cheers
    • sarah1972
    • By sarah1972 4th Aug 13, 11:49 AM
    • 11,016 Posts
    • 36,268 Thanks
    sarah1972
    • 4th Aug 13, 11:49 AM
    • 4th Aug 13, 11:49 AM
    Has anyone applied for a free boiler and been successful in having one fitted?

If so who did you contact?

Can you post their contact details?

Cheers
    Originally posted by Cypress
    The link to apply is in the OP.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Freebies and Freebies (Low Spend) Board, discount codes 'n' vouchers and music moneysaving boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (its not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

New to MSE?http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/site/forum-introduction-guide?_ga=1.180583330.489173029.1402242994
    • McKneff
    • By McKneff 4th Aug 13, 11:51 AM
    • 34,442 Posts
    • 44,252 Thanks
    McKneff
    • 4th Aug 13, 11:51 AM
    • 4th Aug 13, 11:51 AM
    It does look as if it only applies if your boiler is not working though.
    No one can make you feel inferior without your consent
    • CharlieBilly
    • By CharlieBilly 4th Aug 13, 12:00 PM
    • 1,440 Posts
    • 1,263 Thanks
    CharlieBilly
    • 4th Aug 13, 12:00 PM
    • 4th Aug 13, 12:00 PM
    Try here

http://www.energysavingtrust.org.uk/Take-action/Find-a-grant/Green-Deal-and-ECO
    • anamenottaken
    • By anamenottaken 4th Aug 13, 12:34 PM
    • 3,833 Posts
    • 3,310 Thanks
    anamenottaken
    • 4th Aug 13, 12:34 PM
    • 4th Aug 13, 12:34 PM
    For over two months, we have been receiving automated calls offering free boilers (government-funded) because "our records show you haven't applied" and to press 2 on the phone to find out more.

I know we wouldn't qualify and am annoyed at getting these, number withheld, calls.

Not being convinced that "pressing 2" would be a free call, I haven't responded. Do I blame B&Q?
  • intrench
    • 5th Aug 13, 4:14 PM
    • 5th Aug 13, 4:14 PM
    Didn't know about this, will have a look.

Thanks
    • myusernamehasgone
    • By myusernamehasgone 6th Aug 13, 5:53 PM
    • 630 Posts
    • 566 Thanks
    myusernamehasgone
    • 6th Aug 13, 5:53 PM
    • 6th Aug 13, 5:53 PM
    My Friends have used Valley Services Tel: 0800 612 5050
  • frames1_uk
    • 13th Aug 13, 4:57 PM
    • 13th Aug 13, 4:57 PM
    Help Link are fitting my new boiler on Friday, they only did their survey today!
  • SuziQ
    I am grateful to have read about this scheme on here. From emailing my details to survey was only 5 days, 6 days later t had been fitted! Local guy came and did it, males so much difference having hot on demand compared to my 30 year old immersion tank!

Next week I am being assessed for loft insulation. I am so grateful fr these schemes!
    Tomorrow is always fresh, with no mistakes in it!
    • marris
    • By marris 15th Oct 13, 5:17 PM
    • 646 Posts
    • 4,704 Thanks
    marris
    got mine fitted 2 weeks ago. free, well almost i had to pay 100 for pipes as it's not covered by government scheme and had to lift my laminate flooring myself as they do no do it for you. i had back boiler before that.hth.
    Jan GC 66,82/100 Jan NSD 17/31; Feb GC 71,67/100 Feb NSD 14/28;Mar GC 81,82/100 Mar NSD 16/31;Apr GC 99,54/100 Apr NSD 14/30; May GC 127,20/100 May NSD 12/31; June GC 70,05/100 June NSD 17/30; July GC 47,52/100 NSD 05/31
    • CharlieBilly
    • By CharlieBilly 15th Oct 13, 5:39 PM
    • 1,440 Posts
    • 1,263 Thanks
    CharlieBilly
    Dont go with British Gas had survey done in July they first went to wrong house and next door. When I manage to get him before he left, did survey gave me impression it would be quick. Didn't send all info to BG via ipad, them told later ipad has problems, yeah takes 2 months to fix. Rang several times only to be told there still waiting for info from company that did survey. I complained 3 times to them via email said reply will take 3 working days not once have they got back to me. Always had to chase them up
    Last edited by CharlieBilly; 15-10-2013 at 5:41 PM.
    • haz25a
    • By haz25a 15th Oct 13, 9:37 PM
    • 161 Posts
    • 88 Thanks
    haz25a
    I wouldn't recommend British Gas either. I was left with no heating or hot water for 7 weeks after they installed a new boiler under the Affordable Warmth Scheme. They connected it to outside rainwater pipe and when it rained the boiler flooded my property

Their Customer Service is appalling as well, I had to contact my MP to escalate it for me.
    • CharlieBilly
    • By CharlieBilly 17th Oct 13, 9:25 PM
    • 1,440 Posts
    • 1,263 Thanks
    CharlieBilly
    Just been on phone to BG affordable warmth due to mess last time by surveyor I now have to go through whole process again. Comes end of month and I most probably to to wait God knows how long to get one
  • DazzyStuff
    Lots of different companies around the UK are running this programme, not just B+Q.
    Merseyside Fire and Rescue are working with local contractors to offer eligible home owners and private tenants replacement boilers, cavity wall and loft insulation.
    To book an appointment call 0800 731 5958
  • moneysavingfamilycomp
    we had a new boiler fitted from gov scheme but cant remember company sorry. they rang me came next day to look at old boiler and 5 days later came to fit new one took about half a day. old boiler was about 15 yrs old but still in good working order. but it didnt meet new efficiency ratings so they replaced it. definately worth doing if you can. we also got cavity wall insulation done free which has made a huge difference.
    i find a cup of tea can solve most problems
    but alcohol solves them all
    first blue baby moneysaver 09/05/1993
    pink baby moneysaver born 30/07/2011
    blue baby moneysaver born 28/09/2012
    • bauhaus_modern
    • By bauhaus_modern 5th Nov 13, 9:45 PM
    • 241 Posts
    • 3,637 Thanks
    bauhaus_modern
    i've been trying to get this for my 71year old dad. but since he doesn't get any state benefits or disability benefits he doesn't appear to be entitled to anything till he's 75, since his 20yr old back boiler central heating system still works. bloody maddening!

2015: zilch. 2016:Visit London Lumiere Light Festival wudon meal for 4
    2014:Sound Bar Matcha Tea Wimbledon Men's Final Tickets Duran vinyl Singing In The Rain tickets 100 Paypal Trip to Santorini

THANKS TO ALL COMPERS WHO POST ON HERE
    • dors01
    • By dors01 6th Nov 13, 3:19 PM
    • 50 Posts
    • 28 Thanks
    dors01
    The joys of paying in
    i've been trying to get this for my 71year old dad. but since he doesn't get any state benefits or disability benefits he doesn't appear to be entitled to anything till he's 75, since his 20yr old back boiler central heating system still works. bloody maddening!
    Originally posted by bauhaus_modern
    I feel you, we are in the same boat, it seems like because my wife and I go to work we are not entitled to anything, so we have to keep our old inefficient boiler and non insulated walls because we have to choose between feeding and clothing the children and us or saving for a new boiler, can't do both in this life LOL
    • bauhaus_modern
    • By bauhaus_modern 6th Nov 13, 3:48 PM
    • 241 Posts
    • 3,637 Thanks
    bauhaus_modern
    I feel you, we are in the same boat, it seems like because my wife and I go to work we are not entitled to anything, so we have to keep our old inefficient boiler and non insulated walls because we have to choose between feeding and clothing the children and us or saving for a new boiler, can't do both in this life LOL
    Originally posted by dors01
    Dors01, i just think that once you hit a certain age, society owes you and should look after you... especially after contributing for 50+ years. breaks my heart to see my dad loose out on everything yet my mum gets all the benefits that are available (they're divorced). so much for equality in old age.

2015: zilch. 2016:Visit London Lumiere Light Festival wudon meal for 4
    2014:Sound Bar Matcha Tea Wimbledon Men's Final Tickets Duran vinyl Singing In The Rain tickets 100 Paypal Trip to Santorini

THANKS TO ALL COMPERS WHO POST ON HERE
    • TheGame21
    • By TheGame21 7th Nov 13, 1:13 PM
    • 94 Posts
    • 15 Thanks
    TheGame21
    Is there no such discounted scheme for people who work?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,851Posts Today

5,439Users online

Martin's Twitter