IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
Free Boilers.
Views: 6,645
# 1
WOW Factor 0
SailorSam
Old 18-05-2013, 10:15 AM
Deliciously Dedicated Diehard MoneySaving Devotee

Default Free Boilers.

Check to see if you could be eligible to have a new boiler fitted. It's a Govt scheme but appears to be run by B&q.

http://www.diy.com/content/marketing...enu=freeBoiler
Now that i'm what you could describe as an older person i've stopped eating health foods.
I need all the preservatives i can get.

Reply With Quote Report Post
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to SailorSam For This Useful Post: Show me >>
The following User got this: Show me >>
# 2
Cypress
Old 04-08-2013, 10:51 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default Free Boilers

Has anyone applied for a free boiler and been successful in having one fitted?

If so who did you contact?

Can you post their contact details?

Cheers
The Following User Says Thank You to Cypress For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 3
sarah1972
Old 04-08-2013, 11:49 AM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
Has anyone applied for a free boiler and been successful in having one fitted?

If so who did you contact?

Can you post their contact details?

Cheers
The link to apply is in the OP.
I'm a Board Guide on the Freebies and Freebies (Low Spend) Board, discount codes 'n' vouchers and music moneysaving boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (its not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

New to MSE? http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/sit...oduction-guide
The Following User Says Thank You to sarah1972 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 4
McKneff
Old 04-08-2013, 11:51 AM
Deliciously Dedicated Diehard MoneySaving Devotee

It does look as if it only applies if your boiler is not working though.
No one can make you feel inferior without your consent
# 5
CharlieBilly
Old 04-08-2013, 12:00 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Try here

http://www.energysavingtrust.org.uk/...n-Deal-and-ECO
The Following User Says Thank You to CharlieBilly For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 6
anamenottaken
Old 04-08-2013, 12:34 PM

For over two months, we have been receiving automated calls offering free boilers (government-funded) because "our records show you haven't applied" and to press 2 on the phone to find out more.

I know we wouldn't qualify and am annoyed at getting these, number withheld, calls.

Not being convinced that "pressing 2" would be a free call, I haven't responded. Do I blame B&Q?
The Following User Says Thank You to anamenottaken For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 7
intrench
Old 05-08-2013, 4:14 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Didn't know about this, will have a look.

Thanks
# 8
myusernamehasgone
Old 06-08-2013, 5:53 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

My Friends have used Valley Services Tel: 0800 612 5050
# 9
frames1_uk
Old 13-08-2013, 4:57 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Help Link are fitting my new boiler on Friday, they only did their survey today!
# 10
SuziQ
Old 15-10-2013, 12:17 AM

I am grateful to have read about this scheme on here. From emailing my details to survey was only 5 days, 6 days later t had been fitted! Local guy came and did it, males so much difference having hot on demand compared to my 30 year old immersion tank!

Next week I am being assessed for loft insulation. I am so grateful fr these schemes!
Tomorrow is always fresh, with no mistakes in it!
# 11
marris
Old 15-10-2013, 5:17 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

got mine fitted 2 weeks ago. free, well almost i had to pay 100 for pipes as it's not covered by government scheme and had to lift my laminate flooring myself as they do no do it for you. i had back boiler before that.hth.
Jan GC 66,82/100 Jan NSD 17/31; Feb GC 71,67/100 Feb NSD 14/28;Mar GC 81,82/100 Mar NSD 16/31;Apr GC 99,54/100 Apr NSD 14/30; May GC 127,20/100 May NSD 12/31; June GC 70,05/100 June NSD 17/30; July GC 47,52/100 NSD 05/31
# 12
CharlieBilly
Old 15-10-2013, 5:39 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Dont go with British Gas had survey done in July they first went to wrong house and next door. When I manage to get him before he left, did survey gave me impression it would be quick. Didn't send all info to BG via ipad, them told later ipad has problems, yeah takes 2 months to fix. Rang several times only to be told there still waiting for info from company that did survey. I complained 3 times to them via email said reply will take 3 working days not once have they got back to me. Always had to chase them up

Last edited by CharlieBilly; 15-10-2013 at 5:41 PM.
# 13
haz25a
Old 15-10-2013, 9:37 PM
MoneySaving Convert

I wouldn't recommend British Gas either. I was left with no heating or hot water for 7 weeks after they installed a new boiler under the Affordable Warmth Scheme. They connected it to outside rainwater pipe and when it rained the boiler flooded my property

Their Customer Service is appalling as well, I had to contact my MP to escalate it for me.
# 14
CharlieBilly
Old 17-10-2013, 9:25 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Just been on phone to BG affordable warmth due to mess last time by surveyor I now have to go through whole process again. Comes end of month and I most probably to to wait God knows how long to get one
# 15
DazzyStuff
Old 04-11-2013, 8:32 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Lots of different companies around the UK are running this programme, not just B+Q.
Merseyside Fire and Rescue are working with local contractors to offer eligible home owners and private tenants replacement boilers, cavity wall and loft insulation.
To book an appointment call 0800 731 5958
# 16
moneysavingfamilycomp
Old 05-11-2013, 8:32 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

we had a new boiler fitted from gov scheme but cant remember company sorry. they rang me came next day to look at old boiler and 5 days later came to fit new one took about half a day. old boiler was about 15 yrs old but still in good working order. but it didnt meet new efficiency ratings so they replaced it. definately worth doing if you can. we also got cavity wall insulation done free which has made a huge difference.
i find a cup of tea can solve most problems
but alcohol solves them all
first blue baby moneysaver 09/05/1993
pink baby moneysaver born 30/07/2011
blue baby moneysaver born 28/09/2012
# 17
bauhaus_modern
Old 05-11-2013, 9:45 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

i've been trying to get this for my 71year old dad. but since he doesn't get any state benefits or disability benefits he doesn't appear to be entitled to anything till he's 75, since his 20yr old back boiler central heating system still works. bloody maddening!
2014 Wins:
Sony Sound Bar: Thanks to CrackEdd Teapigs Matcha Green Tea Set: Thanks to RavenRae
Wimbledon Men's Final Tickets: Thanks to Weeowens & Daphne01 Duran vinyl: Thanks to HertzyABazasSinging In The Rain tickets. 100 Paypal Voucher.

THANKS TO ALL THE COMPERS WHO POST ON HERE
# 18
dors01
Old 06-11-2013, 3:19 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Default The joys of paying in

Quote:
Originally Posted by bauhaus_modern View Post
i've been trying to get this for my 71year old dad. but since he doesn't get any state benefits or disability benefits he doesn't appear to be entitled to anything till he's 75, since his 20yr old back boiler central heating system still works. bloody maddening!
I feel you, we are in the same boat, it seems like because my wife and I go to work we are not entitled to anything, so we have to keep our old inefficient boiler and non insulated walls because we have to choose between feeding and clothing the children and us or saving for a new boiler, can't do both in this life LOL
# 19
bauhaus_modern
Old 06-11-2013, 3:48 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Quote:
Originally Posted by dors01 View Post
I feel you, we are in the same boat, it seems like because my wife and I go to work we are not entitled to anything, so we have to keep our old inefficient boiler and non insulated walls because we have to choose between feeding and clothing the children and us or saving for a new boiler, can't do both in this life LOL
Dors01, i just think that once you hit a certain age, society owes you and should look after you... especially after contributing for 50+ years. breaks my heart to see my dad loose out on everything yet my mum gets all the benefits that are available (they're divorced). so much for equality in old age.
2014 Wins:
Sony Sound Bar: Thanks to CrackEdd Teapigs Matcha Green Tea Set: Thanks to RavenRae
Wimbledon Men's Final Tickets: Thanks to Weeowens & Daphne01 Duran vinyl: Thanks to HertzyABazasSinging In The Rain tickets. 100 Paypal Voucher.

THANKS TO ALL THE COMPERS WHO POST ON HERE
# 20
TheGame21
Old 07-11-2013, 1:13 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Is there no such discounted scheme for people who work?