Main site > Forums > Household & Travel > Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning > Travel insurance (high value item cover) (Page 1)

IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to

  • Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

    Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

  • No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
Travel insurance (high value item cover)
Closed Thread
Views: 6,054
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
# 1
WOW Factor 0
Old 22-05-2007, 10:45 PM
MoneySaving Convert
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 38
Default Travel insurance (high value item cover)

I need worldwide annual cover for a me and my partner. I have a 600 pound camera that needs cover. what the cheapest cover i can get with a high single item limit.

Also, does cover for couples cover you if you go away individually?

engltayl is offline
Report Post
# 2
Old 22-05-2007, 10:51 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,469

As a thought about the camera, would it make more sense having it covered under the personal possessions section of your home insurance? Then it would be covered whenever you took it out of the house on a day to day basis, not just when you're on holiday.

Certainly the (relatively expensive) cover I used to sell would cover couples when travelling separately. Cheaper cover may not though, so make sure you read the small print before signing up. Can't recommend who would be best, but is a good place to start for most financial products.
PBA is offline
Report Post
# 3
Old 22-05-2007, 10:58 PM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 5,888

Try here:
Steve_xx is offline
Report Post
# 4
Old 23-05-2007, 8:19 AM
MoneySaving Convert
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Stourbridge
Posts: 113

i'd certainly agree with PBA, extend your contents insurance to cover personal posessions. Most travel policies would typically only cover items up to a limit of £300 at the most.
stooby is offline
Report Post
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

 Forum Jump  

Contact Us - - Archive - Privacy Statement - Top

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

All times are GMT. The time now is 12:58 PM.

 Forum Jump  

Free MoneySaving Email

Top deals: Week of 25 March 2015

Get all this & more in MoneySavingExpert's weekly email full of guides, vouchers and Deals

GET THIS FREE WEEKLY EMAIL Full of deals, guides & it's spam free

Latest News & Blogs

Martin's Twitter Feed


Cheap Travel Money

Find the best online rate for holiday cash with MSE's TravelMoneyMax.

Find the best online rate for your holiday cash with MoneySavingExpert's TravelMoneyMax.

MSE's Twitter Feed