IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

excell parking fine

Options

Comments

• skye10
    skye10 Posts: 30 Forumite
    Options
    Yes it is,,,,letter was sent to the regester keeper,,,he wasn't the driver that day
  • skye10
    Options
    The letter reads,,,,,,,,,,please note the responsibility lies with driver of the vehicle at the time of parking, it is however evident you were not driver on the day,,so we unable to process your resresantation,,,,,,,the following options apply.
    One. ,the full name and and full postal address
    2.......the driver to appeal directly to us,,,,,
    3.......TO PAY,,,,,,,,,,,PLEASE BE AWARE THAT IF YOU FAIL TO PROVIDE INFORMATION WE WILL REVERT TO THE REGESTER KEEPER FOR. RECOVERY OF NOTICE IN ACCORDANCE. WITH THE PROTECTION OF FREEDOM,,,,,Act 2012.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,669 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    So the rk has replied to that, yes? Giving the drivers name and address?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • skye10
    Options
    My husband told them the wife was driving,,,,but hasn't replied with full name and address yet,,,,,,,,do you think we should,,,,,,I am waiting to go in Hosp,,,,whats my next move do you think????
  • fil_cad
    fil_cad Posts: 834 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    The paperwork they are sending you will come in very handy if you run out of bathroom tissue paper.:D
    PPCs say its carpark management, BPA say its raising standards..... we all know its just about raking in the revenue. :eek:
  • kirkbyinfurnesslad_2
    Options
    Skye10 can you stop using excessive commas please?
    Proud to be a member of the Anti Enforcement Hobbyist Gang.:D:T
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    skye10 wrote: »
    My husband told them the wife was driving,,,,but hasn't replied with full name and address yet,,,,,,,,do you think we should,,,,,,I am waiting to go in Hosp,,,,whats my next move do you think????

YES, we have said this already!!!!!!!!!!!
  • skye10
    Options
    Hi its been a while but I've been in hospital..but just received letter refusing my appeal ,,,they sent me popla forms to fill in,,,,,,,I feel like weighting back on form ,,LEAVE ME ALONE I HAVE BREAST CANCER....AND AM NOT PAYING ,,,,some help please I am not in right mind to handle this,,so do I just pay the fine
  • Guys_Dad
    Guys_Dad Posts: 11,025 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi its been a while but I've been in hospital..but just received letter refusing my appeal ,,,they sent me popla forms to fill in,,,,,,,I feel like weighting back on form ,,LEAVE ME ALONE I HAVE BREAST CANCER....AND AM NOT PAYING ,,,,some help please I am not in right mind to handle this,,so do I just pay the fine

Your choice. Whilst I and others appreciate your medical problems (and wish you well for a complete recovery), they won't care. You should use the POPLA codes and appeal to POPLA using a version of one of the winning appeals on the POPLA DECISIONS sticky at the head of the form.

The arguments/appeal points are all on their disputed right to charge you, the amount they are asking, any failure on their signs etc, but not primarily on your specific "breach of contract". In their eyes - and POPLA's - you failed to comply with their stated terms for parking and, in fact, technically you did.

So no point is seeking mitigation as POPLA are governed by their remit and mitigation is not an appeal point.

So, use the winning appeal points, either come back here with your first draft or, alternatively, maybe one of the regulars will draft one for you.
  • Coupon-mad
    Options

But the POPLA code is what you want!! This will cancel it with ONE challenge to POPLA! We can help you to write it, I have no time right now but copy one of these:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=61968045

Hope you can find time to do that. Post back if you are struggling to tweak those examples to suit. You are NOT writing an appeal about what happened nor the mitigating circumstances of your illness.

Best wishes to you, it's not a fine so please do one challenge like in the links, We win 100% of the time with these appeals at the moment! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure