Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Archna
    • By MSE Archna 7th May 13, 10:43 AM
    • 1,872Posts
    • 5,996Thanks
    MSE Archna
    Daligas Energy reviews: Give your feedback
    • 7th May 13, 10:43 AM
    Daligas Energy reviews: Give your feedback 7th May 13 at 10:43 AM
    This is a feedback thread on energy supplier

Daligas Energy

Please share your experience with other MoneySavers. Click reply to take part

• Did you switch go smoothly?
    • Have you had problems since?
    • Is it easy to contact?
    The feedback comes as part of the

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 11-09-2017 at 1:14 PM.
    Report inappropriate posts: forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

Page 6
    • zolablue25
    • By zolablue25 10th Jan 17, 5:36 PM
    • 1,497 Posts
    • 441 Thanks
    zolablue25
    Joined Daligas last May and they estimated my usage would be 8500kWh and worked out my DD accordingly (£21.41 per month which would be correct for 8500kWh). Had a "review" and they have decided that they need to up my monthly payment by £9 per month which is fair enough if I was using more gas tan originally estimated, however, they still estimate my usage to be 8500kWh.

Have emailed asking about clarification but they really don't seem very professional. Will be glad to leave when my contract ends as I have absolutely no confidence in them but I fear that I will be chasing refunds for months.
    • footyguy
    • By footyguy 10th Jan 17, 5:47 PM
    • 3,506 Posts
    • 1,398 Thanks
    footyguy
    Joined Daligas last May and they estimated my usage would be 8500kWh and worked out my DD accordingly (£21.41 per month which would be correct for 8500kWh). Had a "review" and they have decided that they need to up my monthly payment by £9 per month which is fair enough if I was using more gas tan originally estimated, however, they still estimate my usage to be 8500kWh.

Have emailed asking about clarification but they really don't seem very professional. Will be glad to leave when my contract ends as I have absolutely no confidence in them but I fear that I will be chasing refunds for months.
    Originally posted by zolablue25
    If you are on a fixed tariff (and always have been on that same one) and your anticipated annual consumption has not changed, there should not be any reason for your monthly DD to change (assuming the supplier does not sculp it's payments to allow for heavier usage in winter)

This MSE article should assist you
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/utilities/lower-energy-direct-debits
    • Hoof Hearted
    • By Hoof Hearted 10th Jan 17, 6:32 PM
    • 1,979 Posts
    • 1,846 Thanks
    Hoof Hearted
    I have been with Daligas for long while and never had a problem but--

You need to send regular readings.

You have to accept that you don't get interim bills but one at the end of the contract.

You really do need to monitor your own consumption and track whether you are in credit/debit to avoid large end-of-contract payments.

Their tariffs are always very competitive.
    Je suis sabot...
    • zolablue25
    • By zolablue25 11th Jan 17, 12:01 PM
    • 1,497 Posts
    • 441 Thanks
    zolablue25
    If you are on a fixed tariff (and always have been on that same one) and your anticipated annual consumption has not changed, there should not be any reason for your monthly DD to change (assuming the supplier does not sculp it's payments to allow for heavier usage in winter)

This MSE article should assist you
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/utilities/lower-energy-direct-debits
    Originally posted by footyguy
    Indeed. I am on a fixed tariff and their estimate of my usage hasn't changed. This is why I have attempted to query it with them. Unfortunately, they have not yet responded with their reasoning.
    • footyguy
    • By footyguy 11th Jan 17, 12:24 PM
    • 3,506 Posts
    • 1,398 Thanks
    footyguy
    Indeed. I am on a fixed tariff and their estimate of my usage hasn't changed. This is why I have attempted to query it with them. Unfortunately, they have not yet responded with their reasoning.
    Follow the advice given in the link I provided
    Last edited by footyguy; 11-01-2017 at 12:27 PM.
    • Treewood
    • By Treewood 23rd Jan 17, 11:05 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Treewood
    I have had the same experience - Direct debit increased for same usage and cost. Could not get rational explanation on the phone- other than it is going to be a cold winter! They have no meter readings in any case to use as a basis for this increase. Suspect the real reason is to increase their cash flow. Possibly they are in problems having sold gas too cheaply.
    • Hoof Hearted
    • By Hoof Hearted 24th Jan 17, 12:44 PM
    • 1,979 Posts
    • 1,846 Thanks
    Hoof Hearted
    They put my DD up but I send regular readings and I am obviously going to overshoot my predicted consumption. I have always found them very fair but I would advise sending monthly readings.
    Je suis sabot...
    • footyguy
    • By footyguy 24th Jan 17, 12:51 PM
    • 3,506 Posts
    • 1,398 Thanks
    footyguy
    I have had the same experience ...
    Originally posted by Treewood
    I therefore offer the same advice to you
    • zolablue25
    • By zolablue25 2nd Feb 17, 9:41 AM
    • 1,497 Posts
    • 441 Thanks
    zolablue25
    I think Daligas are in financial trouble. As well as random increases that customers appear to be reporting (above) they do not respond to any emails (I have sent 4 requesting information). I have also, this morning, escalated my query to a "Customer Complaint" but I don't expect to get a response. Once I have left it a "reasonable" time and had no response I shall get on to Ofgem about the shambles at Daligas. Fortunately my contract is up in April so I can start looking at moving early next month and I definitely will be ditching them - even if they are still the cheapest. Not relishing the fight to get my over-payments back.

Worst energy company I have ever dealt with (or, at least, tried to deal with!).

Anyone thinking about joining them I would advise to think very carefully about it.
    • HandJ25
    • By HandJ25 16th Feb 17, 1:57 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    HandJ25
    Extremely disappointed
    All excited and ready to proceed with our switch to Daligas BUT we received an email from them declining our switch, because we were using too much gas! Daligas said the usage I had quoted on our application to switch didn't match the National Grid database. Correct - it didn't, because the NG (aka Exoserve) database was WRONG - showing more than DOUBLE what were actually using! In spite of checking the meter point reference # and having 4 years of annual statements from our current supplier (EDF) showing these 4 years were all BELOW what I had quoted on our request to switch, Daligas weren't interested. The team at EDF were very helpful and checked the Exoserve database for me (no public access allowed) which was actually showing a figure more than 30% LOWER than Daligas had quoted in their rejection email, but STILL more than 25% higher than our actual usage over the previous 4 years. I was denied talking to a Manager at Daligas, as apparently they don't talk with Customers (!)....On the comparison website Daligas look great value for money - but that all supposes you can actually switch to them (in this case - easier said than done!)
    • Hoof Hearted
    • By Hoof Hearted 16th Feb 17, 8:18 PM
    • 1,979 Posts
    • 1,846 Thanks
    Hoof Hearted
    Fortunately my contract is up in April so I can start looking at moving early next month and I definitely will be ditching them - even if they are still the cheapest. Not relishing the fight to get my over-payments back.
    Why wait? They don't have exit fees.
    Je suis sabot...
    • gt94sss2
    • By gt94sss2 20th Feb 17, 12:01 AM
    • 3,976 Posts
    • 1,837 Thanks
    gt94sss2
    One thing I have noticed in my case anyway - is that they don't appear to have sent an email 42-49 days before the current fixed term contract is about to expire...

We have also had a sharp rise in our dd payments for no good reason other than an email saying it was a cold winter.. though tbh I don't think we had been giving them regular readings on this account (our usage is less than they estimate)
    • mettlemickey
    • By mettlemickey 16th Sep 17, 5:13 PM
    • 37 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    mettlemickey
    They're cowboys. We've been with them for a year and just got a £500 bill. Apparently they never set up my DD. Well ok we haven't paid any DDs, but did you think of mentioning it Daligas? No, clearly not. I'd say they have a duty to mention such things a lot sooner. I also don't buy this you have to monitor your own usage with a spreadsheet. They need to do much much better, or people will just switch away, like we now will.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,367Posts Today

8,098Users online

Martin's Twitter