Add your feedback on energy supplier Flow

Options

Comments

• webwiz
    webwiz Posts: 215 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I usually submit my readings when requested, about the 25th. Sometimes that reading is on the statement sometimes not. There is always an estimated reading for the last day of the month, but this is so accurate that I think it must be based on the reading I submitted a few days earlier whether or not my reading is shown.
    2010 Posts: 5,360 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I`ve been with them since last July and have no complaints apart from the way they do meter readings.
    The monthly statement runs per calendar month, so you would think they would require the readings on the last day of the month.
    No, they want them between the 24/26th of the month, then they ignore them and estimate their own numbers on the last day.
    I usually continue to put them in on the last day and also email them because their online meter readings system does not always work.
    BTW, you don`t get a statement until 17th of the following month.

Anyway, it`s ta ta to flow, on the move to FU who are £68 a year cheaper.
  • gjs1701
    gjs1701 Posts: 163 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I submit an energy reading around the 26th. The last few days of the bill are usually estimated, and sometimes they don't register my gas reading, but their estimate is usually pretty good.

I usually get a bill around the 8th of the following month.

They are cheap, reasonably accurate and responsive to emails. On the whole I like them so far. Much better than Npower or Scottish power, both of which I will never return to.

The usual point at which energy companies fall down is when their fixed deal ends and I want to switch away. But that is a while off yet.
  • alanwsg
    alanwsg Posts: 765 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I've been happy with them, but now Sainsbury's are £200 cheaper.
  • Jar
    Jar Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    I've just signed up to transfer over to them from EDF - according to MSE I'll save £354 over the year.

So far, they've sent me a welcome email with my address fields all muddled up, and this was followed up by another email saying I was quoted the wrong tariff (thankfully it's being superceded by a cheaper one).

I'll keep an eye on this....
  • Robert_Tabb
    Options
    If you change supplier the previous one will pay you! I switched from Scottish Power to Ovo & Scottish Power still pay me my FIT!!
  • flyer22
    flyer22 Posts: 21 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I was very excited to switch to Flow Energy given the significantl cost saving and the purportedly good feedback referred to in the Cheap Energy Club. However, after around a week on supply with them, I'm already seriously considering leaving unless they up their game soon.

It didn't start well with a welcome letter that misrecorded my name and address despite me having put that information correctly into their webform when signing up. Welcome letter aside then nothing but silence. I phoned up and was told the switchover would occur at the end of September and I'd be alerted nearer the time to give my opening readings. Again communications silence so having googled switchover process I call them 5 days prior to switchover and gave an advisor my readings. Gas reading would not take for some reason but the advisor noted it and said it would go in again on another attempt. Letters asking for meter readings finally arrived a week later and 3 days after I'd in theory come on supply with them. I sat back thinking everything was done as I'd given the readings.

I have a credit balance with the old supplier but they won't release it until they've heard from Flow with my meter readings so an accurate final bill can be compiled. Today I went back to Flow to see what was going on. I spoke to a chap who didn't explain things in a consumer friendly way and told me the problem was with the National Grid / Xoserve not having validated the meter readings and that I should wait 3 more working days as these things took about 10 working days to be validated. He said that if validation didn't occur in this period I would need to wait another 30 days before Flow would take it up with the National Grid /Xoserve. Great so my old supplier gets to hold onto the credit for potentially the next 6 weeks! I decided to phone Xoserve and spent an hour trying to find someone who could help me and finally checked my supply accounts. Guess what - no number for gas received by them at all - explains why the validation had not taken place.

Back to Flow. Spoke to another customer service executive called Helen (very good) who looked at the account properly and knows what she's doing. She explained the gas reading I gave nearly 2 weeks ago had not been put into the system at all so wasn't even in the process of being validated. Appalling!!! Had I not wasted an hour calling Xoserve I would never have know there was a problem at Flow's end that even one of their advisors didn't pick up.

Sadly, this has robbed me of my confidence in Flow and I seriously hope there are no more issues. I moved my parents to E.ON in the collective switch and the switch went through extremely quickly and without any hitches at all. Sometimes the big guys do it best.

So consider this and the feedback above about the problems in other posts with meter reading recording before you sign up.
  • pathtofreedom
    Options
    I have been with flow for 18months now I think. They do sometimes have problems with their website submitting monthly readings, but I just mail them to the help email when that happens and they load them manually.

Haven't had any other issues with them. If I notice I'm too much in credit I just request a refund and they send the extra money back and reduce my Direct Debit.

So just wanted to leave a positive review, as I've had much worse problems with bigger companies than I've ever had with them.
    MFW OP's 2017 #101 £829.32/£5000
    MFiT-T4 - #46 £0/£45k to reduce mortgage total
    04/16 Mortgage start £153,892.45
    MFW 2015 #63 £4229.71/£3000 - old Mortgage
  • elizabeth2015
    Options
    I am in the process of moving from Eon to Flow for electricity on an Economy 7 meter.
    After about 3 weeks I was emailed for a meter reading. I submitted this online as directed, but decided to follow up with a phone call and was glad I did. They had got the daytime and nighttime figures the wrong way round. They admitted there was a known bug on the system that was causing this. Not the best of starts and am awaiting the next stage in the process and then checking that end and start figures tally.
    I got through on the phone fairly quickly and customer service was very good. Hopefully just an initial glitch as often seems to happen when moving suppliers. Their website seems very basic, a bit amateurish compared to the big companies, but hopefully it will be ok. I will definitely be double checking my meter readings in future to make sure they are being entered correctly and would advise anyone moving to them, if you have night and day time readings, to do so too.
  • tim_n
    tim_n Posts: 1,607 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    On the 16th of December (I think) I stuck in my notice to Extra Energy having found a better deal with Flow. It ought to save me £75 based on the same period of time, so that's a win. Plus I get £30 for switching, so not that bad.

Flow switched me on the 8th of January. I had an economy 7 meter.

I provided my readings yesterday (3rd of Feb) - it's probably too late for them anyway.

Their direct debit was £78, I suspect they'll realise quite quickly that my bill should be £85 and might raise it to that, but seeing as this is the cold, wet, dark month, I'll try and challenge them on it.

Anyway, no problems so far and they even provided Extra Energy with a final reading (and they've even provided me with my first ever bill, so all good).

Will report back when I get my first bill from them.
    Tim
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport