Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Archna
    • By MSE Archna 7th May 13, 10:25 AM
    • 1,872Posts
    • 5,996Thanks
    MSE Archna
    Add your feedback on energy supplier Flow
    • 7th May 13, 10:25 AM
    Add your feedback on energy supplier Flow 7th May 13 at 10:25 AM
    This is a feedback thread on energy supplier

Flow Energy

Please share your experience with other MoneySavers. Click reply to take part

• Did you switch go smoothly?
    • Have you had problems since?
    • Is it easy to contact?
    The feedback comes as part of the

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, watch our New to Forum? Intro Guide.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 23-10-2014 at 12:47 PM.
    Report inappropriate posts: forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

Page 8
    • Hengus
    • By Hengus 3rd Apr 17, 1:48 PM
    • 3,702 Posts
    • 2,007 Thanks
    Hengus
    I'm leaving them too. Just had a letter saying they will auto put me over to a new fixed " Flow Fixed May 2018" but there are no details on their website about it. Clicked a link in letter to say I am moving.
    Originally posted by ScoobyZ
    Under Ofgem Licence Conditions, no supplier is allowed to transfer a customer from one fixed tariff to another without the customer's prior approval.
    • Hockeynut
    • By Hockeynut 6th Apr 17, 10:57 AM
    • 80 Posts
    • 30 Thanks
    Hockeynut
    Hardly had a word from Flow since I did the switch last March (16), which is fine with me. The statements were all online and the switch to them was smooth.

When I called them to check whether I was in arrears or anything it was all good, they were very helpful.

That said, they aren't competitive enough for me now, so I'm looking around at the moment.
    • billh65
    • By billh65 7th Apr 17, 9:45 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    billh65
    As I understand it, even though new meters will be 'smart' enabled in the future, you can still request that they are disabled if you prefer (i.e not smart)
    • AbbieCadabra
    • By AbbieCadabra 20th Apr 17, 11:53 AM
    • 1,558 Posts
    • 936 Thanks
    AbbieCadabra
    does anyone know how flow are for refunds after leaving? we're due to switch in a couple of weeks & if I leave our next direct debit to go through next week, i'm estimating that we'll be nearly £70 in credit after our final bill (the DD payment is £77). we'll still be in credit (probably about £10) after our bill for April even if i don't cancel the DD, but if I cancel the DD now will it cause an issue for the switch?
    • AbbieCadabra
    • By AbbieCadabra 24th May 17, 12:44 PM
    • 1,558 Posts
    • 936 Thanks
    AbbieCadabra
    does anyone know how flow are for refunds after leaving? we're due to switch in a couple of weeks & if I leave our next direct debit to go through next week, i'm estimating that we'll be nearly £70 in credit after our final bill (the DD payment is £77). we'll still be in credit (probably about £10) after our bill for April even if i don't cancel the DD, but if I cancel the DD now will it cause an issue for the switch?
    Originally posted by AbbieCadabra
    just for info - I rang flow to query this & was told that there must be an active DD on the account for the switch to go ahead. any refund would be sent by bacs, up to 14 days after final reads received/verified.

I had emailed with the same query in the meantime, but rang as no reply after a few days. email reply was eventually received & advised the opposite! it said that they'd cancel DD due end of the month as already in credit.

they didn't cancel the DD as advised in email & our final bill is still to be produced.
    • Scatty1
    • By Scatty1 9th Jun 17, 8:35 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Scatty1
    I changed to Flow at the beginning of May. They have yet to add my meter readings I provided on May 30th as apparently the "National database is currently updating and my readings cannot be validated"
    This takes at least 10 days...... Seriously????? Are they having a laugh??????
    Also requested that my DD be taken on 2nd monthly (purely for my convenience) It took them 7 days to reply, and then said they couldn't do it unless I emailed their payments department, as due to data protection, my request via the 'contact us' link on my account home page is not classed as "being from me"
    Not sure I have much faith in these guys and am beginning to regret my move to them......����
    • AbbieCadabra
    • By AbbieCadabra 13th Jun 17, 10:48 AM
    • 1,558 Posts
    • 936 Thanks
    AbbieCadabra
    5 weeks after switching & we have our final bill from Flow, over £100 refund due, hopefully within the stated 14 days!
    Last edited by AbbieCadabra; 13-06-2017 at 10:51 AM.
    • SimonHea
    • By SimonHea 14th Jun 17, 7:21 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    SimonHea
    I've applied to switch FROM Flow to Affect as it would save me £106 per year. A couple of days after applying to make the switch I got a call from Flow effectively offering to match Affect's rates, they said they had just bought out new rates but doing a comparison just now the best rate I can get from Flow is the one I'm on already. It seems they have 'special' customer retention rates. My change to Affect is going ahead as I don't like companies who only wheel out their best rates when you threaten to move!
    • ScoobyZ
    • By ScoobyZ 14th Jun 17, 7:25 AM
    • 361 Posts
    • 113 Thanks
    ScoobyZ
    5 weeks after switching & we have our final bill from Flow, over £100 refund due, hopefully within the stated 14 days!
    Originally posted by AbbieCadabra
    Same here. 5 weeks and got my bill yesterday.
    • mgrowe
    • By mgrowe 14th Jun 17, 12:45 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    mgrowe
    I was thinking about switching to Flow but when I asked them, they said they don't support the Feed in Tariff - we have solar panels.

Would be great to have a bit more info in the comparisons.
    Originally posted by flagstones
    You don't have to move the feed in tariff you can just move your electric/gas supplier and leave the tariff with your existing supplier (I have done this). They are separate
    • mgrowe
    • By mgrowe 14th Jun 17, 12:49 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    mgrowe
    Good so far
    I moved recently to Flow from SSE.

Move went very smoothly from the Flow end and all went through as planned.

I like the online account with Flow and their emails about the move were good. Should save me about £300 a year as well.

Still waiting for my refund from SSE though. Main reason I moved was how bad SSE were at customer service.
    • katejo
    • By katejo 14th Jun 17, 2:47 PM
    • 2,917 Posts
    • 1,116 Thanks
    katejo
    I moved recently to Flow from SSE.

Move went very smoothly from the Flow end and all went through as planned.

I like the online account with Flow and their emails about the move were good. Should save me about £300 a year as well.

Still waiting for my refund from SSE though. Main reason I moved was how bad SSE were at customer service.
    Originally posted by mgrowe
    I was previously with SSE (under M & S Energy) and had no problem with customer services at all. I moved because of the prices but was reluctant to do so.
    • mariegriffiths
    • By mariegriffiths 20th Jun 17, 11:55 PM
    • 64 Posts
    • 15 Thanks
    mariegriffiths
    • Did you switch go smoothly?
    • Yes
    • Have you had problems since?
    • No
    • Is it easy to contact?
    • Yes
    • Very helpful on getting meter exchange done and flexible in dates
    • Seems to keep low for 4 years now but is stating to lose competitiveness in price
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,349Posts Today

8,310Users online

Martin's Twitter