Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Archna
    • By MSE Archna 7th May 13, 10:25 AM
    • 1,872Posts
    • 5,996Thanks
    MSE Archna
    Add your feedback on energy supplier Flow
    • 7th May 13, 10:25 AM
    Add your feedback on energy supplier Flow 7th May 13 at 10:25 AM
    This is a feedback thread on energy supplier

Flow Energy

Please share your experience with other MoneySavers. Click reply to take part

• Did you switch go smoothly?
    • Have you had problems since?
    • Is it easy to contact?
    The feedback comes as part of the

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven!!!8217;t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren!!!8217;t sure how it all works, watch our New to Forum? Intro Guide.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 23-10-2014 at 12:47 PM.
    Report inappropriate posts: forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

Page 14
  • Flow Energy
    Hello,

We are sorry to hear that you are unsatisfied with the service you have received.

Please can I kindly request that you provide us with your Flow energy account number so we can look into this for you. As we do not have a direct message function on here please can I request that you contact us via Facebook https://www.facebook.com/FlowEnergyUK, Twitter https://twitter.com/FlowEnergy_Help or by calling or emailing our Customer Services team.

We will look to resolve any issues as soon as possible.

If you have any questions, you can call us on: 0800 092 02 02

Or email: help@flowenergy.uk.com

We are open Monday to Friday 8:00am until 20:00pm

Warm regards,
    The Flow team

I struggle to understand how it is that energy suppliers can make something which is so simple, appear so difficult. My gas is supplied by one of the smaller suppliers. Its website states that customers can provide as many meter readings as they like. I give them a reading once a week and receipt is confirmed immediately. My billing date is the last day of each month, so I make sure that I provide a meter reading on that date. My statement appears about 7 working days later and it shows all the readings that I have provided and I am billed on the last meter reading. It follows that the supplier is billing in accordance with its Standard Licence Conditions (SLC) which state:

Quote: Condition 21B. Billing based on meter readings

21B.1 If a Customer provides a meter reading to the licensee that the licensee considers reasonably accurate, or if the Gas Meter is read by the licensee, the licensee must take all reasonable steps to reflect the meter reading in the next Bill or statement of account sent to the Customer.

21B.2 If the licensee considers that a meter reading provided by a Customer is not reasonably accurate, the licensee must take all reasonable steps to contact the Customer to obtain a new meter reading from him. Unquote

In my book, the SLC reads that there should be no need for billing based on estimated meter readings if the customer provides a reading as requested. I should also add that I was with a supplier last year that played the validation delay game - despite being given an actual meter reading on the billing date. I was never contacted by customer services asking for a new meter reading as required by SLC 21B.2. Bills were always based on estimates. Some battles are worth fighting, some are not: I just 'ditched and switched'.
    Originally posted by Hengus
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Flow Energy. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE
  • Flow Energy
    Hello,

We are sorry to hear that you are unhappy with our Gas reading validation process and the service you have received.

If you would like us to look into any of the issues you have raised, please can I kindly request that you provide us with your Flow energy account number via Facebook https://www.facebook.com/FlowEnergyUK, Twitter https://twitter.com/FlowEnergy_Help or by calling or emailing our Customer Services team.

We will endeavour to contact you back as soon as possible.

Warm regards,
    The Flow team

I wouldn't recommend Flow and I think I'll be switching once the fixed term is up. I've had two issues.

1) There inability to handle more than 1 gas reading a month, and if you give more than one they don't use any of them and estimate.

2) Someone is trying to switch my gas, but I didn't request a switch, flow notified me by a "Sorry you leaving Email". I immediately rang them and told them it was erroreous switch that I hadn't requested, they said they would reject it and I assume that would be it. I thought that was good service, maybe they aren't so bad. Since then I've had two phone calls about a week apart from Flow, the person saying I understand your leaving flow, and I've had to explain I'm not all over again. So don't seem to keep records or talk to each other.
    by bubiey
    ehyeh;73855255
    I am the official company representative of Flow Energy. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE
  • Flow Energy
    Hello,

We are very sorry to hear that you are unsatisfied with the service you have received and that you are thinking about switching away from Flow at the end of your contract.

Please can I kindly request that you provide us with you Flow energy account number so we can investigate your balance and amend your direct debit accordingly. As we do not have a direct message function on here please can I request that you contact us via Facebook https://www.facebook.com/FlowEnergyUK/, Twitter https://twitter.com/FlowEnergy_Help or by calling or emailing our Customer services team.

We will endeavour to contact you back as soon as possible.

Warm regards,
    The Flow team

I'm one year in and will not be renewing with Flow. I would not recommend them either, for the reasons already stated above regarding readings issues. I too am in significant credit.

Its put me right off using smaller companies and may revert to using one of the big 6 at the end of March when my mse fix ends.
    Originally posted by frankie
    • Hengus
    • By Hengus 12th Feb 18, 10:54 AM
    • 5,200 Posts
    • 3,189 Thanks
    Hengus
    Hello,

We are sorry to hear that you are unsatisfied with the service you have received.

Please can I kindly request that you provide us with your Flow energy account number so we can look into this for you. As we do not have a direct message function on here please can I request that you contact us via Facebook https://www.facebook.com/FlowEnergyUK, Twitter https://twitter.com/FlowEnergy_Help or by calling or emailing our Customer Services team.

We will look to resolve any issues as soon as possible.

Warm regards,
    The Flow team
    Originally posted by Flow Energy

Perhaps one of Flow’s problems is that they do not bother to read posts before pasting a standard reply. My post was about the Standard Licence Conditions that are imposed on all suppliers by Ofgem relating to the use of meter readings provided to the supplier by a consumer.
    • frankie
    • By frankie 12th Feb 18, 3:00 PM
    • 649 Posts
    • 263 Thanks
    frankie
    Perhaps one of Flow’s problems is that they do not bother to read posts before pasting a standard reply. My post was about the Standard Licence Conditions that are imposed on all suppliers by Ofgem relating to the use of meter readings provided to the supplier by a consumer.

I agree completly about these cut and paste responses.

They are at best annoying and at worst utterly useless and indicate an arrogance and patronisation towards posters.
  • Flow Energy
    Hello,

We advise our customer to submit reading 4-5 days before the end of each month as this ensure that the readings are validated and used on your statements.

Unfortunately at this time our system only accepts one reading per 25 days however, hopefully this is something we will look into in the future.

Warm regards,
    The Flow team

• Hengus
    • By Hengus 13th Feb 18, 8:52 AM
    • 5,200 Posts
    • 3,189 Thanks
    Hengus
    Hello,

We advise our customer to submit reading 4-5 days before the end of each month as this ensure that the readings are validated and used on your statements.

Unfortunately at this time our system only accepts one reading per 25 days however, hopefully this is something we will look into in the future.

Warm regards,
    The Flow team
    Thank you but your explanation doesn't really stack up in terms with what it states in your Standard Licence Conditions. I am with one of the smaller gas suppliers with a billing date of the last day of each month. I provide it with a meter reading ON the last day of each month and my statement is based on that reading. Nowhere in the SLCs does it state that readings have to be provided 4 to 5 days ( which is it: 4 or 5 days as other suppliers' representatives have posted that the validation process takes no more than 2 days as it is now an automated process (Project NEXUS)) before they can be used on statements. Other gas suppliers that I have used over the past 2 years have provided a similar level of billing service.

Perhaps Flow needs to look at best industry billing practice.
    • Consumer01
    • By Consumer01 13th Feb 18, 11:32 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Consumer01
    Time and how to waste it.
    I moved to Flow for in June '17 for gas and electric. Every month they take money by DD and I supply meter readings. So far so good. However they seem incapable of making use of these readings and producing statements. Phoning to complain results in more time being wasted as nothing good happens. If you enjoy waffle, platitudes and lame excuses by all means phone them. If you want a reasonable service which includes regular statements, it appears the only course open to you is to move to another supplier. I will be doing just that.
  • Flow Energy
    Hello,

Thank you for your feedback.

The meter readings that we receive from our customers are sent to our contracted third party agents
    (Morrison Data Services) to be validated, this ensures that reads are being entered correctly and fairly for our customer.

The timescale for these readings to be validated and received on our system is different for each fuel.
    The timescale for a Gas reading is up to 25 calendar days and for a Electricity reading is up to 5 calendar days.

Warm regards,
    The Flow team

Thank you but your explanation doesn't really stack up in terms with what it states in your Standard Licence Conditions. I am with one of the smaller gas suppliers with a billing date of the last day of each month. I provide it with a meter reading ON the last day of each month and my statement is based on that reading. Nowhere in the SLCs does it state that readings have to be provided 4 to 5 days ( which is it: 4 or 5 days as other suppliers' representatives have posted that the validation process takes no more than 2 days as it is now an automated process (Project NEXUS)) before they can be used on statements. Other gas suppliers that I have used over the past 2 years have provided a similar level of billing service.

Perhaps Flow needs to look at best industry billing practice.
  • Flow Energy
    Hello,

We are very sorry to hear that you are unhappy with the service you have received and that you are looking of switch away from Flow.

Please can I kindly request that you provide us with your Flow account number via Facebook https://www.facebook.com/FlowEnergyUK/, Twitter https://twitter.com/FlowEnergy_Help or by calling or emailing our Customer Services team (as we do not have a private message function on here) so we can look into this and resolve this with you at your earliest convenience.

Warm regards,
    The Flow team

I moved to Flow for in June '17 for gas and electric. Every month they take money by DD and I supply meter readings. So far so good. However they seem incapable of making use of these readings and producing statements. Phoning to complain results in more time being wasted as nothing good happens. If you enjoy waffle, platitudes and lame excuses by all means phone them. If you want a reasonable service which includes regular statements, it appears the only course open to you is to move to another supplier. I will be doing just that.
    Originally posted by Consumer01
    • Hengus
    • By Hengus 14th Feb 18, 9:53 AM
    • 5,200 Posts
    • 3,189 Thanks
    Hengus
    Hello,

Thank you for your feedback.

The meter readings that we receive from our customers are sent to our contracted third party agents
    (Morrison Data Services) to be validated, this ensures that reads are being entered correctly and fairly for our customer.

The timescale for these readings to be validated and received on our system is different for each fuel.
    The timescale for a Gas reading is up to 25 calendar days and for a Electricity reading is up to 5 calendar days.

Warm regards,
    The Flow team
    Thank you. If that is the case, then perhaps your website and PCWs should make it clear that all Flow billing will be based on estimates and not actual meter readings provided by the consumer. I will not be considering Flow Energy as my next supplier as billing based on actual meter readings is important to me.

Edit:

This has just been posted by another supplier's CS staff on another energy forum:

Quote:Your latest gas read is now visible in XXXX

There is a bit of a delay in these readings appearing as we have to get each read checked over to ensure it makes sense. This is because since Project Nexus, the gas industry upgrade, these meter readings now directly feed into the industry estimate of usage at your property.

We want to make sure your estimate is not being thrown off by an abnormally high read and so we send the reading off to compare it with the historical readings from the property to double check it's OK and then when we hear back it'll appear. This process usually only takes 1-2 days and so we're sorry that there was such a delay to your reading. Unquote
    Last edited by Hengus; 14-02-2018 at 10:16 AM.
  • Flow Energy
    Hello,

Thank you for your response.

I will surely pass your feedback on and hopefully this is something we can look into improving soon.

Advising our customers to submit readings 4-5 days before the end of each month is to ensure that the readings are validated in time for our bill run so we can use the readings on the statement. This is also to ensure that we only have to estimate for the last few days of the month. This process is to make sure the readings are used on the statement and your usage/statement is as accurate as we can currently make it.

Warm regards,
    The Flow team

Thank you. If that is the case, then perhaps your website and PCWs should make it clear that all Flow billing will be based on estimates and not actual meter readings provided by the consumer. I will not be considering Flow Energy as my next supplier as billing based on actual meter readings is important to me.

Edit:

This has just been posted by another supplier's CS staff on another energy forum:

Quote:Your latest gas read is now visible in XXXX

There is a bit of a delay in these readings appearing as we have to get each read checked over to ensure it makes sense. This is because since Project Nexus, the gas industry upgrade, these meter readings now directly feed into the industry estimate of usage at your property.

We want to make sure your estimate is not being thrown off by an abnormally high read and so we send the reading off to compare it with the historical readings from the property to double check it's OK and then when we hear back it'll appear. This process usually only takes 1-2 days and so we're sorry that there was such a delay to your reading. Unquote
    • Fleurly
    • By Fleurly 24th Feb 18, 9:19 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Fleurly
    Joined the unhappy customer band
    I agree with previous posts that Flow are not good at answering specific questions. I had to exchange several emails with them to get an answer to a query about why my meter reads and their dates are not shown correctly. It transpires they've never validated my Gas readings but have also never contacted me to tell me there was a problem!
    I have been remiss as not checked statements so didn't see "E" for estimated every time or would have asked earlier. The few readings that have gone through, the statement still has a final "E" figure - don't know why.
    Last September, I stayed with them as didn't realise there was a problem, now I have experienced their customer service, I'm not so happy.
    I no longer have any confidence in their processes and yesterday I said that I would look into leaving and would expect them to waive the exit fee because of the problems - I wait to hear their response.
    In the meantime, I have looked at Forums on suppliers offering lower tariffs and can see that there are a lot of problems out there! Don't know what to do for the best as don't really want to deal with a whole lot of fresh problems, if switch to another incompetent bunch - maybe out of frying pan into fire.
    On a side issue - how are Flow scoring highly in a Which survey? This was proudly announced in a newsletter - came 2nd apparently - I found the MSE survey more believable where they have dropped down the ratings.
    • Hengus
    • By Hengus 24th Feb 18, 9:30 PM
    • 5,200 Posts
    • 3,189 Thanks
    Hengus
    I agree with previous posts that Flow are not good at answering specific questions. I had to exchange several emails with them to get an answer to a query about why my meter reads and their dates are not shown correctly. It transpires they've never validated my Gas readings but have also never contacted me to tell me there was a problem!
    I have been remiss as not checked statements so didn't see "E" for estimated every time or would have asked earlier. The few readings that have gone through, the statement still has a final "E" figure - don't know why.
    Last September, I stayed with them as didn't realise there was a problem, now I have experienced their customer service, I'm not so happy.
    I no longer have any confidence in their processes and yesterday I said that I would look into leaving and would expect them to waive the exit fee because of the problems - I wait to hear their response.
    In the meantime, I have looked at Forums on suppliers offering lower tariffs and can see that there are a lot of problems out there! Don't know what to do for the best as don't really want to deal with a whole lot of fresh problems, if switch to another incompetent bunch - maybe out of frying pan into fire.
    On a side issue - how are Flow scoring highly in a Which survey? This was proudly announced in a newsletter - came 2nd apparently - I found the MSE survey more believable where they have dropped down the ratings.
    Originally posted by Fleurly
    Look at Zog; Bulb; Octopus and Tonik. They all seem to get good (well deserved) feedback. I can vouch for the first three.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

208Posts Today

1,332Users online

Martin's Twitter