Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    anant25
    Experience with Homeground Management Ltd
    • 1st May 13, 2:47 PM
    Experience with Homeground Management Ltd 1st May 13 at 2:47 PM
    Hi all,

I was wondering whether anyone had experience in dealing with Homeground Management Ltd.

I am in the process of selling my flat at the moment. The flat is managed by Trinity Estates for maintenance/service charge. The ground rent is collected by Homeground.

To get all of the service charge information, I ended up having to pay Trinity £180 + VAT for their management information pack, which included buildings insurance document and deed of covenant.

The solicitor then contacted Homeground who have asked for the same fee for their management info pack, which also includes the deed of covenant and buildings insurance. These people only provide an email a PO box to write to them. Otherwise there is little way of getting hold of them. Since we disputed the charge, they have now stopped responding to emails.

Has anyone else had dealings with them or advice on how to proceed? This is the only thing I'm waiting on before exchange of contracts.
Page 7
    • ajayanthony
    • By ajayanthony 29th Sep 16, 1:29 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    ajayanthony
    Mr
    I would like to add my frustration with the rest in this forum on HOME GROUND management. I have rented my property for a short period, in which Trinity estates have changed the ground rent collection to the Home ground management. I have lived in my property for the last 5 years and i always paid all the maintanance and ground rent by direct debi and never missed a payment. Having changed the company's I was not aware and where I did not get any letters or information but when I moved in August i got a letter charging extra fees for not paying on time. I was surprised and emailed them but their reply is Email quiet harsh and not even helping to set up a direct debit. If if do not pay in 7 days they will take further where i will be paying more than £100. They have no consideration or don't even take into consideration any situations.
    Help me how can take this further..
    • Doris Dale
    • By Doris Dale 14th Mar 17, 8:45 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Doris Dale
    Hey CL! I'm having some issues tracking down anyone from Homeground. Similar issues to those listed on here. Please could you DM me the number you used to call?

Thank you
    • gedhb
    • By gedhb 21st Apr 17, 10:52 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    gedhb
    contact
    as mse have removed the number could you please email it to me at gedb@talktalk.net it is urgent please
    • chastenor
    • By chastenor 11th May 17, 12:21 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    chastenor
    Help please
    Can somebody offer some advice? We paid our ground rent in February but refused to pay an admin charge as we thought it was unreasonable. Homeground have passed the account to solicitors for non-payment as they never allocated the cash. I told their solicitors we had paid but they came back with the following. It is unethical and immoral to treat us like this, but is there anything we can do about it? Thanks for reading this.

'Further to our previous correspondence, our client has investigated their accounts and has located a payment made on 21st February 2017. As this payment was not made with the required reference number of "471567002097", it was not possible for the sum to be allocated to an account. To confirm, the reference used for the transaction was "G NKANSAH+CE EVA", which does not link to any account details.

If you believe you gave your bank the correct reference number and that they used an incorrect reference, this would be an error that you would need to resolve separately with the issuing bank.

In any case, the sum was paid without the administration charges applied as a result of their final notices of 7th September 2016 and 8th February 2017, and these remain due and payable, in addition to legal costs incurred as a result of this non-payment of the full balance.

I note from previous correspondence with our client that you were made fully aware of your obligations under the lease; by not ensuring prompt payment, and by issuing payment without correct references, our client has incurred additional expenditure in the management of your account. The Fourth Schedule of your lease states that you covenant to “pay all costs charges and expenses (including legal costs and fees payable to a surveyor) incurred by the Landlord in or in contemplation of any proceedings of the service of any notice”.

We therefore require that the outstanding balance of £334.96 is paid to this office by 2pm on 18th May 2017. Should payment not be received, we may be instructed to continue recovery action, which could incur additional costs.

Please note that we are unable to accept partial payment in this matter.

You can send a cheque ensuring your cheque is made payable to “SLC Solicitors”.
    Alternatively, you are able to make payment by debit or credit card (0333 0 300 200), or by automated bank transfer to the following bank account details:
    • MillerHomesBuyer
    • By MillerHomesBuyer 24th May 17, 1:40 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    MillerHomesBuyer
    There portal is very efficient at taking your payment - but its different if you are waiting for them - paid to find out the cost of buying the lease - took my money - said it would take 10 working days - I'm still waiting - with no phone number only an email - what sort of company is it ?
    • Kellysteve
    • By Kellysteve 27th May 17, 11:59 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Kellysteve
    homeground number
    Hi, by any chance have you still got Homeground's contact number?
    • MillerHomesBuyer
    • By MillerHomesBuyer 29th May 17, 10:22 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    MillerHomesBuyer
    No number
    No telephone number - just an email address!
    • Harry17
    • By Harry17 22nd Oct 17, 3:01 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Harry17
    Hello all, I am new to this board. I have seen that so many of you had many problems with homeground - since 2014!

I have recently had a problem with Home ground too. Like many here building built by Taylor Wimpey and managed by Trinity. When I bought the property 3 years ago I have been paying my ground rent and service charge to Trinity. (Now that I checked the statements in detail I can see that no ground rent has been charged in the last 2 years).

Out of the blue my bank sends me a letter that the landlords are demanding payment for the ground rent and apparently sent them a Section 146 LPA notice of Forfeiture served to me. This was for an amount of £3900; my ground rent is £250!. The problem is that when the bank sent the letter to me I was on holiday, so by the time I was back the bank had already paid them the money. Now my mortgage has increased by that amount

There was no communication from the company or trinity that they had acquired the freehold. I had no letters sent that demanded any payment of ground rent, no warnings, I have not received any notices.. actually I have never been sent anything. I first found out from the bank when they have already paid them! i also happened to find out that it was homeground when i contacted the bank. Actually it is pretty scary to think that I could have lost my property while on holiday when I have actually haven't done anything wrong.

I do not understand how £250 a year ground rent ended up costing around £3900, and I do not understand how they could contact my bank directly and demand this money without even demanding anything from me. Is this legal? - They found a way of contacting my bank, why didn't they contact me. Trinity and the bank have my correspondence address, email and phone number.

Now my question is what can I do about this? The bank gave them the money, so how do I get it back? Would I stand any chance if I took them to court?

I would appreciate your responses and any recommendations for a very good solicitor!
    • Harry17
    • By Harry17 24th Oct 17, 3:44 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Harry17
    Hi All,

The Law firm doing all Homeground's dirty work is JB Leitch. They are based in Liverpool. You may try to contact them, but don't be shocked if they get nasty pretty quickly!

search web jbleitch (for some reason I cannot post links)

tel: 01517082250

If you have already made a complaint you can take Homeground to the Ombudsman. Homeground is listed as one of the companies they could help you with.

ombudsman-services
    or search for ombudsman property if the link does not show

If you feel that they have acted illegally, i.e. have not followed Commonhold and Leasehold Reform Act 2002, Section: 166 Requirement to notify long leaseholders that rent is due, then you can report them to the police as fraud.

actionfraud police uk or search for actionfraud if the link does not show

If none of the above work then you can take them to court.

First-tier Tribunal (Property Chamber) tel: 0845 600 3178 web: justice gov uk

or search for first tier tribunal if the link does not show

If you want to contact the owners of Homeground then you may:

call them on 0207 723 8881.

or search for longharbour if the link does not show

If you want to find out about the Lord who is chums with David Cameron and co, and see the lifestyle they have on the backs of 1000s of people they rip off go to:

vanityfair com/culture/2015/11/annabel-astor-british-noble-ginge-manor

or search for annabel-astor-british-noble-ginge-manor if the link does not show

en wikipedia org/wiki/William_Astor,_4th_Viscount_Astor

or search for Willam Astor 4th Viscount Astor if the link does not show
    • mailmannz
    • By mailmannz 24th Oct 17, 11:09 AM
    • 243 Posts
    • 115 Thanks
    mailmannz
    The difference will be all the charges they have lumped on to the original money they claim is outstanding.

Thats a hell of a lot of money to be taken from your account, perhaps query why that was paid by the bank without authorisation??

I had issues with Homeground too, they kept demanding I pay them x thousands even though the ground rent payable was only £50 a year AND they never send out demands for payment! I asked them repeatedly for copies of the ground rent demands and they never send them.

Then when I sold it took literally months for them to remove their charges (done for good will...hahahahaha!). Quite literally it was right up to the last minute before they agreed to remove all charges which meant I owed them nothing as I had paid up the ground rent anyways.

But yeah, dirty little business with dirty little business practices! Rolling in the money though so they really couldn't care less about their customers.

The whole building industry needs to be cleaned out, what with the incestuous relationship between building companies, management companies, ground rent companies etc! Really is a bit of a cartel type environment going on there.
    Regards

Mailman
    • Luke Bank
    • By Luke Bank 23rd Nov 17, 11:07 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Luke Bank
    I’ve been paying Ground Rent to Home Ground for almost 4 years. I’ve found them to be okay to deal with so far, only ever had to contact them once and I had a reply the next day, online account works fine, demands received are correct and with sufficient notice, always made my payment on time and never had an issue.

However, I’ve just stumbled upon this thread and I’m having nightmares.

I may (waiting for clarification from the Solictor) need to pay Home Ground for an assignment pack in order to sell my flat. From what I’ve read on here this has proved difficult for many, and some have come close/lost buyers as a result of delays.

Has anyone got any recent experience of Home Ground with regards to obtaining information needed to sell?
    Last edited by Luke Bank; Yesterday at 11:14 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,984Posts Today

7,495Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Interesting, most people say they would champion a policy from a party they usually oppose. Yet is anyone brave eno? https://t.co/MWYGHunAqu

• RT @MSE_Deals: The MSE deals team are in the office nice and early to bring you full analysis of all the #BlackFriday deals throughout the?

• RT @MSE_Deals: #BlackFriday UPDATE... We've spotted some of Currys' prices are cheaper online than in its stores, eg, Sonos Play 1 £149 onl?

• Follow Martin