Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    anant25
    Experience with Homeground Management Ltd
    • 1st May 13, 2:47 PM
    Experience with Homeground Management Ltd 1st May 13 at 2:47 PM
    Hi all,

I was wondering whether anyone had experience in dealing with Homeground Management Ltd.

I am in the process of selling my flat at the moment. The flat is managed by Trinity Estates for maintenance/service charge. The ground rent is collected by Homeground.

To get all of the service charge information, I ended up having to pay Trinity £180 + VAT for their management information pack, which included buildings insurance document and deed of covenant.

The solicitor then contacted Homeground who have asked for the same fee for their management info pack, which also includes the deed of covenant and buildings insurance. These people only provide an email a PO box to write to them. Otherwise there is little way of getting hold of them. Since we disputed the charge, they have now stopped responding to emails.

Has anyone else had dealings with them or advice on how to proceed? This is the only thing I'm waiting on before exchange of contracts.
Page 7
    • ajayanthony
    • By ajayanthony 29th Sep 16, 1:29 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    ajayanthony
    Mr
    I would like to add my frustration with the rest in this forum on HOME GROUND management. I have rented my property for a short period, in which Trinity estates have changed the ground rent collection to the Home ground management. I have lived in my property for the last 5 years and i always paid all the maintanance and ground rent by direct debi and never missed a payment. Having changed the company's I was not aware and where I did not get any letters or information but when I moved in August i got a letter charging extra fees for not paying on time. I was surprised and emailed them but their reply is Email quiet harsh and not even helping to set up a direct debit. If if do not pay in 7 days they will take further where i will be paying more than £100. They have no consideration or don't even take into consideration any situations.
    Help me how can take this further..
    • Doris Dale
    • By Doris Dale 14th Mar 17, 8:45 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Doris Dale
    Hey CL! I'm having some issues tracking down anyone from Homeground. Similar issues to those listed on here. Please could you DM me the number you used to call?

Thank you
    • gedhb
    • By gedhb 21st Apr 17, 10:52 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    gedhb
    contact
    as mse have removed the number could you please email it to me at gedb@talktalk.net it is urgent please
    • chastenor
    • By chastenor 11th May 17, 12:21 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    chastenor
    Help please
    Can somebody offer some advice? We paid our ground rent in February but refused to pay an admin charge as we thought it was unreasonable. Homeground have passed the account to solicitors for non-payment as they never allocated the cash. I told their solicitors we had paid but they came back with the following. It is unethical and immoral to treat us like this, but is there anything we can do about it? Thanks for reading this.

'Further to our previous correspondence, our client has investigated their accounts and has located a payment made on 21st February 2017. As this payment was not made with the required reference number of "471567002097", it was not possible for the sum to be allocated to an account. To confirm, the reference used for the transaction was "G NKANSAH+CE EVA", which does not link to any account details.

If you believe you gave your bank the correct reference number and that they used an incorrect reference, this would be an error that you would need to resolve separately with the issuing bank.

In any case, the sum was paid without the administration charges applied as a result of their final notices of 7th September 2016 and 8th February 2017, and these remain due and payable, in addition to legal costs incurred as a result of this non-payment of the full balance.

I note from previous correspondence with our client that you were made fully aware of your obligations under the lease; by not ensuring prompt payment, and by issuing payment without correct references, our client has incurred additional expenditure in the management of your account. The Fourth Schedule of your lease states that you covenant to “pay all costs charges and expenses (including legal costs and fees payable to a surveyor) incurred by the Landlord in or in contemplation of any proceedings of the service of any notice”.

We therefore require that the outstanding balance of £334.96 is paid to this office by 2pm on 18th May 2017. Should payment not be received, we may be instructed to continue recovery action, which could incur additional costs.

Please note that we are unable to accept partial payment in this matter.

You can send a cheque ensuring your cheque is made payable to “SLC Solicitors”.
    Alternatively, you are able to make payment by debit or credit card (0333 0 300 200), or by automated bank transfer to the following bank account details:
    • MillerHomesBuyer
    • By MillerHomesBuyer 24th May 17, 1:40 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    MillerHomesBuyer
    There portal is very efficient at taking your payment - but its different if you are waiting for them - paid to find out the cost of buying the lease - took my money - said it would take 10 working days - I'm still waiting - with no phone number only an email - what sort of company is it ?
    • Kellysteve
    • By Kellysteve 27th May 17, 11:59 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Kellysteve
    homeground number
    Hi, by any chance have you still got Homeground's contact number?
    • MillerHomesBuyer
    • By MillerHomesBuyer 29th May 17, 10:22 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    MillerHomesBuyer
    No number
    No telephone number - just an email address!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,123Posts Today

9,142Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin