Main site > MoneySavingExpert.com Forums > Work & Benefits > Boost Your Income > Swagbucks Challenge May 2013 (Page 78)

IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
Swagbucks Challenge May 2013
View Poll Results: What is the first thing you do eah login to earn swagbucks?
Daily Poll 113 59.79%
Play Games 2 1.06%
Check for Surveys 22 11.64%
SBTV 4 2.12%
NOSO 12 6.35%
Something on home page (like watch a video) 8 4.23%
An Offer 2 1.06%
I don't have one particular start point when i log in 26 13.76%
Voters: 189. You may not vote on this poll

Views: 323,425
# 1541
where_to_start
Old 30-05-2013, 8:19 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Evening all

I haven't been doing much on swagbucks recently as I've been ill... anyway last week I thought I should get back onto it as I need to start saving for xmas... it seems everything has changed... I don't seem to have any DS - even if I do get the calendar on the front page, I click on it and it say, sorry no survey, please try again tomorrow, when I click on to survey's, it keeps picking up my husbands details - before when I when to the my survey id, it usually asks me to reauthenticate myself, which when I do it says my email and password word don't match - I know this has happened in the pass, but it usually say if you don't remember your password, please re-set it here - but can't see the option anymore. also I can't seem to do any tasks - its asking me for a log-in - when I do log into CrowdFlower - it has a dashboard, but no where I can do the tasks.... can any-one help me with any of these issues - or do I just totally give up with Swagbucks!

Thanks for reading and I will be grateful for any advise.
Reply With Quote Report Post
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to where_to_start For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 1542
MrsPBikerChick
Old 30-05-2013, 8:45 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Woot! My first day on SwagBucks and I've managed to get to 241

Ok admittedly a lot of that is all the bucks you get for doing newbie stuff, and I'm sick in bed so I've been fiddling with it most of the day, but I'm still chuffed. Hopefully it will go some small way towards helping with the unpleasant credit card bill I got in the mail this morning
I don't like chick flicks, I get grazed knuckles doing my own car repairs and I ride a massive cruiser motorbike. To many this makes me a bloke in disguise but to my husband this makes me perfect
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrsPBikerChick For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 1543
paulshorse
Old 30-05-2013, 9:09 PM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by where_to_start View Post
Evening all

I haven't been doing much on swagbucks recently as I've been ill... anyway last week I thought I should get back onto it as I need to start saving for xmas... it seems everything has changed... I don't seem to have any DS - even if I do get the calendar on the front page, I click on it and it say, sorry no survey, please try again tomorrow, when I click on to survey's, it keeps picking up my husbands details - before when I when to the my survey id, it usually asks me to reauthenticate myself, which when I do it says my email and password word don't match - I know this has happened in the pass, but it usually say if you don't remember your password, please re-set it here - but can't see the option anymore. also I can't seem to do any tasks - its asking me for a log-in - when I do log into CrowdFlower - it has a dashboard, but no where I can do the tasks.... can any-one help me with any of these issues - or do I just totally give up with Swagbucks!

Welcome back to the thread. Things have changed a little, and for the worse over the past few months. There is still a general lack of surveys, although it is better than at the start of the year. I get the 'sorry' screen quite a lot now which never happened in the past, especially at weekends. However, if you keep trying throughout the day quite often a survey will appear (don't just leave it until the next day). The calendar on the home page now doesn't appear until around 4.30pm which is a total pain. However, if you don't complete a daily survey one day, that day's calendar should still be there the following day.

With regard to the tasks, if you've registered with CrowdFlower you should have no problems. What I do is to click on the log-in button, log into the dashboard and then leave that screen open in a tab (not sure if you need to leave it open, but I do just in case). Then go back into the tasks in a separate tab and you should be able to carry on.

I've not come across the problem with logging in and passwords before - have you tried contacting support? They may be able to help
Swagbucks joined 5th July 2012 - Earned 2012: Amazon - £300 - 2013: Amazon - £610
Neobux - joined 15th April 2013 - Earned 2013 $695 PayPal
2014 - Swagbucks £75 Neobux $102 Clixsense $67
2014 goal £180/600
The Following User Says Thank You to paulshorse For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 1544
silverfairy
Old 30-05-2013, 9:16 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:
Evening all

Things did change a few months ago & the home page was relaunched & a lot of people still have problems seeing offers on it.
Can you remember your own log in & password details?.It sounds like you are logged into your husband's account if you are seeing his details & therefore the re-authentication would be his password etc,not yours.Can you log out of Swagbucks & then re-log in with your own details or try to access your account in an other browser.
The 'sorry no surveys' happens for me nearly every day & I very rarely get to complete a survey as I think my demographics now aren't what they want,& I also do surveys direct with Toluna etc, so have probably already done a few of them.however don't wait until tomorrow, just keep checking every time you can get on.
sorry can't help with crowdflower or tasks as I don't do them.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to silverfairy For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 1545
silverfairy
Old 30-05-2013, 9:21 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsPBikerChick View Post
Woot! My first day on SwagBucks and I've managed to get to 241

Ok admittedly a lot of that is all the bucks you get for doing newbie stuff, and I'm sick in bed so I've been fiddling with it most of the day, but I'm still chuffed. Hopefully it will go some small way towards helping with the unpleasant credit card bill I got in the mail this morning
Well done for a first day, it does seem easy at first as all the offers are still available for new people.however if you read the first post for ideas & suggestions & check this thread regularly for codes. crediting offers & support then you can easily make a good few pounds a month.
good Luck
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to silverfairy For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 1546
dolphin19
Old 30-05-2013, 9:37 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

87/110, really can't be bothered with that much sbtv to meet the target! Haven't had a ds in days and all my seacrh wins have been 10 or less recently - I had a phase of getting them in teh 20s and 30s!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dolphin19 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 1547
dolphin19
Old 30-05-2013, 9:38 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Did anyone do the survey for 30sb that you had to fill in a diary of where you had various drinks. I did it for the 5 days and didn't get credited.
The Following User Says Thank You to dolphin19 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 1548
paulshorse
Old 30-05-2013, 9:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphin19 View Post
Did anyone do the survey for 30sb that you had to fill in a diary of where you had various drinks. I did it for the 5 days and didn't get credited.
Noone got credited for that survey
Swagbucks joined 5th July 2012 - Earned 2012: Amazon - £300 - 2013: Amazon - £610
2014 goal £180/600
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to paulshorse For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 1549
dolphin19
Old 30-05-2013, 9:56 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

^Is there a way of putting in a complaint Paul?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dolphin19 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 1550
TallerPaul
Old 30-05-2013, 9:57 PM
MoneySaving Convert

I got a rare survey and i would strongly surgest no one does it, worth 250SB when you complete it about a movie review.

So you get the page which tells you that you will earn $8 which doesn't calculate as 250SB to begin with and it sends you to sign up for a 30 day free trial of lovefilm.

The reason i would surgest no one does this is 9/10 times topcashback or quidco will offer between 5-10 quid for signing up to a lovefilm 30day trial, i think trialpay offers £4 but its a complete joke offering 250SB and saying you will get a survey after the 30 days and you will get the 8$ if you qualify
September Challenge
InstaGC Joint 3/6/13 = £250.00 tallerpaul.com
Swagbucks £0/£10
Neobux £0/£0 - they deleted me
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TallerPaul For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 1551
paulshorse
Old 30-05-2013, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallerPaul View Post
I got a rare survey and i would strongly surgest no one does it, worth 250SB when you complete it about a movie review.

So you get the page which tells you that you will earn $8 which doesn't calculate as 250SB to begin with and it sends you to sign up for a 30 day free trial of lovefilm.

The reason i would surgest no one does this is 9/10 times topcashback or quidco will offer between 5-10 quid for signing up to a lovefilm 30day trial, i think trialpay offers £4 but its a complete joke offering 250SB and saying you will get a survey after the 30 days and you will get the 8$ if you qualify
Yes, unfortunately that's the nature of Swagbucks, Paul - you can often get more for the same offer using topcashback or quidco. It's the same for surveys - you earn much more doing surveys directly through Toluna etc
2014 goal £180/600
The Following User Says Thank You to paulshorse For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 1552
paulshorse
Old 30-05-2013, 10:19 PM

Quote:
^Is there a way of putting in a complaint Paul?
The one I did was through PeanutLabs - if it was the same for you then you could try putting in a ticket. There were a lot of complaints on Swagbucks Facebook page, but I'm fairly certain that nothing came of it
2014 goal £180/600
# 1553
where_to_start
Old 30-05-2013, 10:19 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulshorse View Post
Welcome back to the thread. Things have changed a little, and for the worse over the past few months. There is still a general lack of surveys, although it is better than at the start of the year. I get the 'sorry' screen quite a lot now which never happened in the past, especially at weekends. However, if you keep trying throughout the day quite often a survey will appear (don't just leave it until the next day). The calendar on the home page now doesn't appear until around 4.30pm which is a total pain. However, if you don't complete a daily survey one day, that day's calendar should still be there the following day.

With regard to the tasks, if you've registered with CrowdFlower you should have no problems. What I do is to click on the log-in button, log into the dashboard and then leave that screen open in a tab (not sure if you need to leave it open, but I do just in case). Then go back into the tasks in a separate tab and you should be able to carry on.

I've not come across the problem with logging in and passwords before - have you tried contacting support? They may be able to help

Thanks Paul... Well I've tried the tasks over and over again, but can't seem to get it to work... I'm basically clicking on the tasks button, then going to the task I want to complete (can't seem to log in anywhere before this point!) and then it asks me to log in, which I do and it comes up with a dashboard - even if I open another window and go to the tasks, it goes back to the log in screen

I will try and contact the support team, however I know that when I has previously done do, they were not very helpful. The most annoying thing is my OH never uses swagbucks - I think he use it a handful of times and that's it!!

Thanks again for your help, I do appreciate it very much.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to where_to_start For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 1554
paulshorse
Old 30-05-2013, 10:21 PM

Quote:
87/110, really can't be bothered with that much sbtv to meet the target! Haven't had a ds in days and all my seacrh wins have been 10 or less recently - I had a phase of getting them in teh 20s and 30s!
Have you done the 'Win a Trip to Hangzhou' on Sponsorpay for 25sb? You just need to like it on Facebook
2014 goal £180/600
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to paulshorse For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 1555
where_to_start
Old 30-05-2013, 10:22 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfairy View Post
Things did change a few months ago & the home page was relaunched & a lot of people still have problems seeing offers on it.
Can you remember your own log in & password details?.It sounds like you are logged into your husband's account if you are seeing his details & therefore the re-authentication would be his password etc,not yours.Can you log out of Swagbucks & then re-log in with your own details or try to access your account in an other browser.
The 'sorry no surveys' happens for me nearly every day & I very rarely get to complete a survey as I think my demographics now aren't what they want,& I also do surveys direct with Toluna etc, so have probably already done a few of them.however don't wait until tomorrow, just keep checking every time you can get on.
sorry can't help with crowdflower or tasks as I don't do them.
Thanks Silver fairy - I have logged out my account and tried...he has even logged into his account and logged out... The funny thing is on swagbucks homepage, it clearly says I'm log in, only when I go to the page with the survey's - it picks up hubby's name - so annoying as he has only used sb a handful of times!!!! Thanks again for you help, I do appreciate everyones help and support.
The Following User Says Thank You to where_to_start For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 1556
paulshorse
Old 30-05-2013, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Thanks Paul... Well I've tried the tasks over and over again, but can't seem to get it to work... I'm basically clicking on the tasks button, then going to the task I want to complete (can't seem to log in anywhere before this point!) and then it asks me to log in, which I do and it comes up with a dashboard - even if I open another window and go to the tasks, it goes back to the log in screen

I will try and contact the support team, however I know that when I has previously done do, they were not very helpful. The most annoying thing is my OH never uses swagbucks - I think he use it a handful of times and that's it!!

Thanks again for your help, I do appreciate it very much.
The only other thing I can think of is deleting your cache and cookies and see if that works. Contacting Crowdflower support is hopeless - it seems to take forever to get any response from them.
2014 goal £180/600
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to paulshorse For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 1557
pumpkin1964
Old 30-05-2013, 10:30 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Quote:
Have you done the 'Win a Trip to Hangzhou' on Sponsorpay for 25sb? You just need to like it on Facebook

thanks, I had missed that one
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pumpkin1964 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 1558
Nepenthe
Old 30-05-2013, 10:44 PM
MoneySaving Convert

126/110, and so to bed. Here's to an easy goal in the morning. See you at eight!
The Following User Says Thank You to Nepenthe For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 1559
dolphin19
Old 30-05-2013, 11:03 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:
Thanks Paul. I didn't think it was going to work as it came up with Page Not Found but it still credited!

112/110.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dolphin19 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 1560
dolphin19
Old 30-05-2013, 11:04 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:
The one I did was through PeanutLabs - if it was the same for you then you could try putting in a ticket. There were a lot of complaints on Swagbucks Facebook page, but I'm fairly certain that nothing came of it
Hmm I'm fairly sure mine was through TS - strange??