Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    popeyesailor
    SIPP investment in Property
    • 12th Apr 13, 6:42 PM
    SIPP investment in Property 12th Apr 13 at 6:42 PM
    Hi,

I have come across a SIPP investment opportunity that almost sounds to good to be true. This is the reason I am very reluctant to invest any of my underperforming pensions.
    The company is called Dolphin Capital and the investment returns 12% per annum. The investment will be in Germany in listed buldings. The company claims to buy property under the market value and then build appartments (only the facade is listed) and sells the apartments off plan, which has a significant tax benefit for the buyer.
    The compounded return over 5 years if invested £100,000 will pay £176,234, which they claimed to be garanteed. These numbers are much better than any of my pensions have given me over the last 10 years.

Has any body come across this investment opportunity and if so is this a legitimate investment opportunity. Also if any body can advise how I can check whether this is not a scam.

Any feedback comments are appreciated.
Page 4
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 4th Aug 14, 8:22 PM
    • 89,453 Posts
    • 54,915 Thanks
    dunstonh
    any one with any positive feedback on Dolphin Capital GmbH
    Originally posted by bobbyshaw
    Not likely to get many responses. It is a niche option unsuitable for most of the retail consumer market.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. Different people have different needs and what is right for one person may not be for another. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from a Financial Adviser local to you.
  • pinxos
    One post and disappears, despite stating has no connection. Do I smell a troll?
    Originally posted by Thrugelmir
    I find that comment offensive mainly due to it's ignorance but also it's stupidity. For the record :-
    I have ABSOLUTELY no connection with either Dolphin or SIPP Club other than the fact that I have invested in Dolphin and I have also invested in opportunities advertised on the SIPP Club website.

I have not posted further comments since my original because I was merely stating facts that may (or may not) have helped someone in making a decision. Virtually all of the preceding comments to the original post were made from a stance of ignorance. i.e. we don't know anything about it but it must be dodgy paying 12% AND it's unregulated.
    I would normally agree with several of the posters comment "if it's too good to be true............." but in this case I had first hand experience and thought that my comments would provide a balanced view.
    Since my original post, My wife and I have received further scheduled payments, as has my pension fund.

Hope this helps :-)
  • Nosler
    I find that comment offensive mainly due to it's ignorance but also it's stupidity. For the record :-
    I have ABSOLUTELY no connection with either Dolphin or SIPP Club other than the fact that I have invested in Dolphin and I have also invested in opportunities advertised on the SIPP Club website.

I have not posted further comments since my original because I was merely stating facts that may (or may not) have helped someone in making a decision. Virtually all of the preceding comments to the original post were made from a stance of ignorance. i.e. we don't know anything about it but it must be dodgy paying 12% AND it's unregulated.
    I would normally agree with several of the posters comment "if it's too good to be true............." but in this case I had first hand experience and thought that my comments would provide a balanced view.
    Since my original post, My wife and I have received further scheduled payments, as has my pension fund.

Hope this helps :-)
    Originally posted by pinxos

You only getting 12% a year?

Why don't you give me your money and i'll give you 15% a year. You then tell all your mates about your brilliant investment, they then invest with me then I go bankrupt after a couple of years?

How much you got to invest? I could do with a new car....
    • Thrugelmir
    • By Thrugelmir 25th Nov 14, 9:58 PM
    • 55,155 Posts
    • 48,346 Thanks
    Thrugelmir
    I find that comment offensive mainly due to it's ignorance but also it's stupidity.
    Originally posted by pinxos
    Why has it taken you over 7 months to respond then? Nor have you made any other posts in the intervening period. Sorry but my suspicions are aroused when people get unnecessarily aggressive and petty.
    “ “Bull markets are born on pessimism, grow on skepticism, mature on optimism, and die on euphoria. The time of maximum pessimism is the best time to buy, and the time of maximum optimism is the best time to sell.” Sir John Marks Templeton
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 25th Nov 14, 10:39 PM
    • 89,453 Posts
    • 54,915 Thanks
    dunstonh
    That doesnt mean a thing. Where is that money coming from? What happens when that tap is turned off?
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. Different people have different needs and what is right for one person may not be for another. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from a Financial Adviser local to you.
    • Vistaro
    • By Vistaro 8th Aug 16, 6:47 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Vistaro
    Anyone NOTbeen paid by Dolphin?
    • Daniel54
    • By Daniel54 8th Aug 16, 7:28 PM
    • 569 Posts
    • 661 Thanks
    Daniel54
    Anyone NOTbeen paid by Dolphin?
    Originally posted by Vistaro
    The FCA warning should be sufficient to deter would-be investors

http://www.fca.org.uk/news/warnings/dolphin-capital-investors-uk-limited
    • Vistaro
    • By Vistaro 8th Aug 16, 7:32 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Vistaro
    I understand that but has anyone NOT been paid?
    • Malthusian
    • By Malthusian 9th Aug 16, 9:19 AM
    • 2,866 Posts
    • 4,091 Thanks
    Malthusian
    Why, have you not been paid?
    • Vistaro
    • By Vistaro 9th Aug 16, 9:26 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Vistaro
    I've had no problems but keen to understand the experience of others before I invest again. It's also worth noting that the FCA warning above is about Dolphin Capital Investors not Dolphin Trust.

I'm happy with the increased risk of an "alternative investment" but obviously keen to manage the risk, one of many ways to do this is to understand the experience of others hence my interest.
    • Vistaro
    • By Vistaro 9th Aug 16, 9:28 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Vistaro
    FYI Dolphin Capital became Dolphin Trust mainly because of the bad publicity about Dolphin Capital Investors, my understanding (and I stand to be corrected) is that there is no relationship between DCI and Dolphin Trust.
    • AshBurt
    • By AshBurt 31st Mar 17, 11:20 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    AshBurt
    Dolphin Trust
    Hello Vistario I have invested myself personally to the tune of £19k and have received every return on the exact date required - Dolphin Trust in Germany
    This is via a SIPP - if you want to talk to me then let me know.
    • ianthy
    • By ianthy 1st Apr 17, 10:30 PM
    • 81 Posts
    • 37 Thanks
    ianthy
    I have a friend who invested £20k in a German woodland to be added to his SIPP. He paid the money over 5 years ago and not 1 tree has been planted yet. If it sounds too good to be true, then likely it is.
    • claretmatt
    • By claretmatt 20th Apr 17, 12:20 PM
    • 219 Posts
    • 276 Thanks
    claretmatt
    Has anyone seen any returns from these loan notes?

I'm seeing a new client today who invested £63,000 in this. Considering the introducer and IFA have disappeared with the later now in default I'm not optimistic.

The SIPP provider is adamant that it is a sound investment but my experience I have my doubts.
    I am a Chartered Financial Planner

A
    nything posted on this forum is for discussion purposes only. It should not be considered financial advice as different people have different needs.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,364Posts Today

8,360Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin