Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    glaaab
    releasing equity to get mortgage
    • 11th Apr 13, 1:31 PM
    releasing equity to get mortgage 11th Apr 13 at 1:31 PM
    hello

i new to the forum but need some advise.

my partner who has poor credit has recently been left in a will a 4 bed property which has a lease that runs out in 2036 and is paid outright until then.

We beieve the rental value of the property is around 1200 pcm. W e would like to buy a house and live mortgage free. Question is would we beable to release some of the equity in the property to get a deposit for a mortgage which we could then use the rental income on the leasehold to pay the mortgage?

Also my credit is average as i had a settled ccj 4 years ago and have had a few late payments over the years.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

170Posts Today

992Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @JulianClary: CILLA BLACK ANYONE WHO HAD A HEART https://t.co/E25wIuhoHH via @YouTube

• Surprised at a few nasty replies re cilla. The respectful thing when someone dies is say nice or say nowt. Grieving relatives may be reading

• You can judge your age by what #cilla means to you. For me its not the singing, its blind date and surprise surprise. Sad news #ripcilla

• Follow Martin