Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    joey
    Juddering in 1st and 2nd gear? Any ideas?
    • 15th May 07, 1:00 PM
    Juddering in 1st and 2nd gear? Any ideas? 15th May 07 at 1:00 PM
    Hi I'm hoping someone can help me, maybe give some ideas as to what could be causing this problem and how costly it will be to get fixed!!!

I brought a renault scenic alize about 5 or 6 weeks ago it's 9 years old. Has just developed a really strong judder (I call it kangarooing) this started yesterday and was only when starting up so in 1st gear, problem was gone when going into 2nd. However today it is also doing it in 2nd. It was always difficult to get into 1st gear - takes a bit of force. My immediate thought was that I was putting it straight into 3rd but I'm definitely not and now it's doing it in 2nd too anyway. It's really strong juddering the whole car jumps up and down, quite scary.

Has been serviced regularly, last done 06 and had an mot in April.

Please any ideas? I'm so worried and gutted especially as I've only had it just over a month.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

613Posts Today

4,119Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Apologies for the vulgarity but did the #Wimbledon bbc2 commentator just say "he doesn't beat himself off?"

• Eeek did we forget to pay the meter? No power in MSE Towers - no phones - (appartently power down in whole central london)

• Warning! Did you start Uni in or after 2012? If so govt mooting making your loans more costly. See http://t.co/oF99EWBpIZ RT to spread word

• Follow Martin