Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    rsdntbplr
    Sign off job seekers allowance
    • 29th Mar 13, 4:26 PM
    Sign off job seekers allowance 29th Mar 13 at 4:26 PM
    I made a rapid reclaim for my job seekers and went in for for preliminary interview last Friday. My first sign on date for this claim is on the 4th April.

I got an apprenticeship offer on Saturday and started working on Monday. Normally I would sign off as soon as possible but I won't be getting paid for the first time until the 28th April.

So therefore I have a question: when do I sign off? As I won't be getting paid until the 28th April and haven't had any income whatsoever since about 3 weeks ago, I was wondering whether or not the job center will allow me to receive allowance until after my first sign on, as I am in desperate need for some income until I first get paid.

The pharmacy where I'm working hasn't had my sign any contracts of any sort thus far, and I've only signed the apprenticeship paperwork (for the qualification and training). Not my contract for the job or anything.

Any advice on what I should be doing? Normally I get 86 a week from Job Seekers as I receive disability allowance for Bipolar, and I'm actually getting paid 6 a week less now I'm employed as the minimum wage for apprenticeships if 2.65 an hour.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

350Posts Today

1,284Users online

Martin's Twitter