Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Chris P
    • By Chris P 29th Mar 13, 11:52 AM
    • 166Posts
    • 38Thanks
    Chris P
    loan & ppi provided by Black Horse but taken out through car dealership
    • 29th Mar 13, 11:52 AM
    loan & ppi provided by Black Horse but taken out through car dealership 29th Mar 13 at 11:52 AM
    Who should i cliam against? I have written to Black Horse for detials on the loan and they have asked for £10, but am i going to the right compnay as i was sold the PPi by the person who sold me the car?
Page 1
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 29th Mar 13, 1:07 PM
    • 89,561 Posts
    • 56,019 Thanks
    dunstonh
    • 29th Mar 13, 1:07 PM
    • 29th Mar 13, 1:07 PM
    Who should i cliam against? I have written to Black Horse for detials on the loan and they have asked for £10, but am i going to the right compnay as i was sold the PPi by the person who sold me the car?
    Originally posted by Chris P
    Any complaint you wish to make is to the seller. Not the provider.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. Different people have different needs and what is right for one person may not be for another. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
    • di3004
    • By di3004 29th Mar 13, 9:01 PM
    • 42,302 Posts
    • 56,679 Thanks
    di3004
    • 29th Mar 13, 9:01 PM
    • 29th Mar 13, 9:01 PM
    Originally posted by Chris P

Hi there

As Dunstonh says you pursue the ones who set up the account, so you write to the car dealership.
    BH are probably the ones who cover your insurance but the dealer arranged the finance, so in general you would only go to Black Horse if you need to make a claim for sickness/unemployment etc.

So bascically as long as you have your reasons, you can continue with the reclaiming.
    The one and only "Dizzy Di"
    • david shand
    • By david shand 11th Sep 17, 5:04 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    david shand
    • 11th Sep 17, 5:04 PM
    • 11th Sep 17, 5:04 PM
    what if he dealership you bought the car from as stopped trading between 2007 and 2010 I bought 4 cars from 2 dealerships from 1995 to 2002 where this is the case
    • societys child
    • By societys child 11th Sep 17, 5:15 PM
    • 4,811 Posts
    • 5,239 Thanks
    societys child
    • 11th Sep 17, 5:15 PM
    • 11th Sep 17, 5:15 PM
    what if he dealership you bought the car from as stopped trading between 2007 and 2010 I bought 4 cars from 2 dealerships from 1995 to 2002 where this is the case
    Originally posted by david shand
    As they have ceased trading, it's unlikely you've anyone to complain to. The dealer(s) won't have been regulated before 2005 anyway.

• dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 11th Sep 17, 5:23 PM
    • 89,561 Posts
    • 56,019 Thanks
    dunstonh
    • 11th Sep 17, 5:23 PM
    • 11th Sep 17, 5:23 PM
    Originally posted by david shand
    When it ceases trading doesnt matter. The fact it has is the first key point. That means you have no access to the FOS and you only get access to the FSCS if the PPI was sold after 14th January 2005.

All 4 of yours were pre-regulation. So, you have no-one to complain to.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. Different people have different needs and what is right for one person may not be for another. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,533Posts Today

10,874Users online

Martin's Twitter