Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Andrea
    • By MSE Andrea 27th Mar 13, 2:23 PM
    • 8,880Posts
    • 21,289Thanks
    MSE Andrea
    0 WOW
    Topcashback Questions & Answers
    • 27th Mar 13, 2:23 PM
    0 WOW
    Topcashback Questions & Answers 27th Mar 13 at 2:23 PM
    MSE Additional reading:

You might like to read our latest Cashback sites news story: Are you a cashback site loser?

Back to the original post...

Hi everyone,

If you have a question you'd like to ask cashback website Topcashback directly, post your question below and it will try to answer. If you want to discuss other cashback sites then please start a separate thread if there isn't one already.

Please remember referral links are not permitted. If you want to post a referral you can do it on the Topcashback referrals thread.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 27-10-2015 at 9:51 AM.
    Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Facebook, MSE Deals Twitter, Forum Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
Page 199
    • B_M
    • By B_M 27th Dec 17, 9:11 AM
    • 637 Posts
    • 474 Thanks
    B_M
    Travel and of course financial promotions are pretty much the jokers in the pack at TCB!

I asked via my ticket why the TCB 'fair play policy' didn't apply to my Owners Direct claim (as this is a merchant that should be removed) and the reply was, TCB have sent off another enquiry!

https://www.topcashback.co.uk/about?cat=FairPlay

I was advised, right here on this forum that Owners Direct had improved! lol
    I do expect the 'fair play policy' to kick in, or what's the point of the policy? Hype?
    I advised of the merchant issues and basically was given the 'green light'. I was correct and without inside knowledge!

I've had a response from Barclays re my mis-selling complaint, basically to say they are fully investigating. Cashback, as advised earlier, has been paid and cashed out, just a case of seeing where they are going with my compensation request and what went wrong!
    No payments from financial products from cash back sites? Put in a complaint direct and if they don't resolve your issue, head straight to the financial ombudsman - it costs the company £550 in referral fees, win or lose.
  • TopCashBack Company Representative
    Hi everyone, I hope that you all had a fantastic Christmas!

@cbrown372 - You can view our help section on Avios on site here:
    https://www.topcashback.co.uk/Help/374
    This will hopefully help to answer all the questions you have on this payout method.

@ccarr32051- If you would like me to take a look at this at all, please email me at mse@topcashback.co.uk with the email address you use for TopCashback, I would be happy to have a look and see what is happening in relation to your claim.

Best wishes,
    Samantha
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • sec79
    • By sec79 27th Dec 17, 4:57 PM
    • 296 Posts
    • 99 Thanks
    sec79
    I placed two separate orders for 2 Samsung J5 mobile phones with a goodybag through Giffgaff. I was able to do this from the same account.

When I log into my giffgaff account and try to activate the sim on the second order(either by entering the 6 digit activation code or 13 digit sim card number) it won't allow me to activate the sim. On the webpage it tells me if I wish to activate a new sim on the same giffgaff account or number. This is not possible, but you can log out and register a new account instead.

If this is the case not sure why it allowed me to place two separate orders using the same email address and account.

I created a separate account to activate the sim card I received with the second order. It looks as if the goodybag hasn't been activated as it asks me to add some credit to the account. I've not yet been able to activate the sim card. Due to the issues I've experienced I wondered if the correct cashback amount (£40 for activation of a new sim card with new handset) will track once I've managed to activate the sim please or whether I should just cancel the order?
    Last edited by sec79; 27-12-2017 at 4:58 PM. Reason: left out some information
    • grumbler
    • By grumbler 29th Dec 17, 4:57 PM
    • 51,391 Posts
    • 21,761 Thanks
    grumbler
    Topcashback withdrawal ?
    1. Do I have to transfer my balance to Reward Wallet now to be able to convert it to vouchers?
    2. If so, will all transferred casback be available for any vouchers? I remember, in the past only certain types were eligible for, say Amazon.
    3. If not all, can it be transferred back to the main account?
    We are born naked, wet and hungry...Then things get worse.

.withdrawal, NOT withdrawel ..bear with me, NOT bare with me
    .definitely, NOT definately ......separate, NOT seperate
    should have, NOT should of
    .....guaranteed, NOT guarenteed
    • rob404uk
    • By rob404uk 31st Dec 17, 11:17 AM
    • 173 Posts
    • 138 Thanks
    rob404uk
    Problems claiming my cashback
    Problems claiming my cashback - no response from TCB over tickets raised over the issue.

On the TCB website I have not had a response to date so I was wondering if you could help?

I have sent the following today (The third time I have hasked for help over the matter.

Please help me, this is the third time I have tried to rectify this problem but you have not replied to me.

When trying to get a payout (Now £132ish) I get the following.

'My Profile
    Account Details (confirmation pending)
    To continue to your requested page, you must first either confirm or revert your recent change to your payout details. When you made this change, an email was sent to your registered email address, and you will be able to confirm or revert this change from within the email.

If you have not received the email, press the button below to resend it.'

When I click on resend email it always says '

'The email failed to send to your email address.
    Please try again'

I have tried again on different days, many times (I have the same email address) and no luck. This means that I can not get to the payout page.
    Please can you help? This would be a nice little bonus for the family!

Kind regards
    • B_M
    • By B_M 1st Jan 18, 11:05 AM
    • 637 Posts
    • 474 Thanks
    B_M
    Hope all have a great 2018, especially with cashback promotions.

Just checking up on my transactions and I've had to raise another ticket for yet another TCB financial promotion.
    I won't name the merchant as yet as I've given TCB two weeks to see if they can resolve this issue.
    But, definitely and 100% not what is promoted for a financial product purchase.

Unless otherwise stated expect transactions for this retailer to appear within 24 hours. Transactions are usually confirmed within a month and should become payable within 30 - 60 days after the event date, unless otherwise indicated on the Avg Payment Speed Statistics.
    No average payment stats, so I could only go on the promotional material. Wrong? Mis-leading? A glitch?
    Hopefully just a glitch and sense prevails and I can just update as eventually paid.
    If I have to get the cashback myself, via a mis-selling complaint, yes another one, then I expect to be compensated.
    I'm sure the TCB staff won't work for free and expect to be paid for chasing up cashback, I expect the same.
    Last edited by B_M; 01-01-2018 at 12:25 PM.
    No payments from financial products from cash back sites? Put in a complaint direct and if they don't resolve your issue, head straight to the financial ombudsman - it costs the company £550 in referral fees, win or lose.
    Hey everyone,

Happy New Year!

@sec79 – As It’s the merchant who makes the decision in regards to what is an what isn’t eligible I am afraid.

@grumbler – Unless you what a physical love 2 shop voucher you will need to use the new Reward Wallet function to pay out your cashback.

It is true that once you may put via Reward Wallet you can pay out all your cashback through any of the vouchers included within it. One of the advantages of reward wallet is you can pay out your cashback into whole numbers so if you had £10.50 and you only wanted a voucher for £10 while leaving the 50p in reward wallet for a different voucher, you can do that.

Once you have transferred your money into Reward Wallet it is locked there and can not be returned to your account.

@rob404uk – What I think has happened is our team have replied to you but you haven’t had the email to say this has happened. What I would advise if that you check your open tickets to see this reply.

@B_M – If a merchant is new or switched tracking networks we do not have enough stats to create a realistic estimate for you. Therefore it may take longer than the general advice we provide as a standard terms.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • B_M
    • By B_M 3rd Jan 18, 11:30 AM
    • 637 Posts
    • 474 Thanks
    B_M

@B_M – If a merchant is new or switched tracking networks we do not have enough stats to create a realistic estimate for you. Therefore it may take longer than the general advice we provide as a standard terms.
    Originally posted by TopCashBack Company Representative
    If there is or was a network change, then don't you think it would be sensible and of course, honest, to provide the correct marketing material?
    Members must assume what they see is correct and up to date!
    I've had an initial response from 'Steven', and as stated, I'm being very, very reasonable (no argument there) and allowing TCB a full two weeks to resolve fully. If they can't manage that, I'll take over.............................. again.

Best wishes for 2018 - may all your problems be little ones.
    • B_M
    • By B_M 4th Jan 18, 12:24 PM
    • 637 Posts
    • 474 Thanks
    B_M
    Back again with another issue and a one that's got plenty of history to it and needs fixing fast. Unless there is a reason for the error!

TCB are well below the rate for Aviva combined home insurance, but I prefer TCB for financial purchases.
    Tracked very, very quickly and at the correct, albeit very low rate for a 100% cashback site.
    I've tried to make a 'highest cashback guarantee' claim, but although there are two lines in the drop-down box for Aviva, when selecting either, it states 'no transactions'. Obviously an error and the much lower TCB rate is showing in my account and I've received email confirmation!
    Another support ticket in, so please both fix the bug and match my requested rate from a competitor and add my 5% top-up.

EDIT: now able to submit a 'HCG' claim on the 2nd option listed in the drop-down box. So, claim in and just waiting to be accepted.
    I'm not too sure why the rate is so low though?

Update on my insurance claim above:
    'Stella' replied to my ticket, basically telling me my purchase confirmation date hadn't yet been reached. Taken against the TCB promotional notes, it was well overdue and should have actually been payable a while back. I responded advising again of the January 15th deadline and overnight, my purchase has at least moved to 'confirmed'.
    If the TCB info is wrong and therefore mis-leading, I'd expect at least for the TCB 'fair play policy' to kick in and not just be told to wait and wait!
    Hopefully sense prevails.
    Last edited by B_M; 04-01-2018 at 1:51 PM. Reason: EDIT
    Hey @B_M – Realistic estimates is exactly something we wish to provide. We can’t do that however with no information to go by. Only when we start to see payments coming through can be truly provide some sort of realistic estimate.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    • B_M
    • By B_M 4th Jan 18, 9:29 PM
    • 637 Posts
    • 474 Thanks
    B_M
    Hey @B_M – Realistic estimates is exactly something we wish to provide. We can’t do that however with no information to go by. Only when we start to see payments coming through can be truly provide some sort of realistic estimate.
    I appreciate that, believe me.
    But, when there are no stats, members look at the promotional info / notes.
    Please explain this:

Unless otherwise stated expect transactions for this retailer to appear within 24 hours. Transactions are usually confirmed within a month and should become payable within 30 - 60 days after the event date, unless otherwise indicated on the Avg Payment Speed Statistics.
    Realistic, no make that accurate notes need to be added.

Although the merchant in question is showing as confirmed now, it was after a 'fight'! Definitely not what was promoted! An error? Misleading? More than 60 days 'after the event', but I'm being reasonable and allowing TCB an extra two weeks from highlighting the issue to resolve before having to pester the merchant! As a 'Principal', they are unfortunately and ultimately responsible for their Appointed Representative!
    We'll see, but the TCB way is normally to tell members to go away and wait, wait, wait! My way is different and works!

My Aviva 'Highest Cashback Guarantee' has been accepted, many thanks, especially after the HCG glitch in claiming initially.

Why TCB, being a 100% cashback site and proclaiming they are the 'most generous' cashback site are circa £20 less than a 'minnow' baffles me. Yes, the higher rate can be matched, along with any top-up, but members need to know that and where to look.

Aviva Home Insurance rates:
    TCB is showing at £42 and that's for 'Plus' members receiving a 5% top-up.
    Quidco, also a supposedly 100% cashback site, is showing at £50
    Imutual is the 'most generous' at £61.20 and the cashback is guaranteed.

http://www.imutual.co.uk/aviva-home-insurance

Normally, I would have used Imutual, but as stated many times, I know where I stand with the financials via TCB.
    Others may rightfully want to go via Imutual and save the hassle. Their customer care is far superior too! They take ownership of any issues and take to fruition IMHO. Many rates are higher too.
    Hey @B_M,

I appreciate your feedback and will be sure to pass on your would rather us not put any information on in regards to payout speed if we do not have the information to do it.

In regards to why sometimes another cashback site offer higher rates sometimes, well that is something we continue reviewing with the relevant parties as we pride ourselves as the UKs most generous and we have the Highest Cashback Guarantee to back that up.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    Last edited by TopCashBack Company Representative; 05-01-2018 at 4:37 PM.
    • B_M
    • By B_M 5th Jan 18, 5:25 PM
    • 637 Posts
    • 474 Thanks
    B_M
    Hey @B_M,

I appreciate your feedback and will be sure to pass on your would rather us not put any information on in regards to payout speed if we do not have the information to do it.

In regards to why sometimes another cashback site offer higher rates sometimes, well that is something we continue reviewing with the relevant parties as we pride ourselves as the UKs most generous and we have the Highest Cashback Guarantee to back that up.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    Better off not putting false and misleading pre-purchase info to be honest and ultimately, it's the 'Principal' who is responsible.

Topcashback Ltd Status: Appointed representative (Reference number: 476080) This is a firm or individual that can act on behalf of another firm (its principal) that is authorised in the UK or regulated in another EEA country. The principal is responsible for the appointed representative's activities.
    Pre-purchase info:

Post-purchase info after several weeks and when pre-purchase info has proven incorrect:

A lot of policy based transactions can take longer to progress; we do hope that yours is moved to confirmed by the end of January, however, please can you be aware that it can take 6-8 months to be validated and then will progress to payable after the validation period.
    (worth reading the full ticket, even if just to exercise your chuckle muscles)

Nothing further worth adding to the ticket after that! Just a case of waiting now, up to and including 9am, Monday, 15th January. At least I can show I've been pro-active and tried.
    At this present time, it's looks like yet another mis-selling complaint! A new experience though with a different merchant. Reviews are bad though regarding their customer care (?), so interesting times ahead.
    I'll update as and when.

TCB being the most generous cashback site?
    Very debatable now to be honest, but definitely once upon a time. Rates have dropped, 5% top-ups have also dropped on many purchases and the HCG has been trumped by Quidco.
    The time to purchase from TCB now is when TCB do have the lower rate and then request the HCG and top-up.
    A TCB insider may think they are still the most generous, but outsiders may differ.

Have a great weekend and don't choke laughing at my ticket.
    • matchplayer
    • By matchplayer 6th Jan 18, 4:32 PM
    • 32 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    matchplayer
    Topcashback & misleading amounts?
    I was thinking of buying my Annual AA membership & clicked through to see what price it was. Mid range showed £10pm or £99 for the year. I then came here to MSE, clicked around and saw the Topcashback deal- ''Want to save more? Buy the 'vehicle cover' breakdown policy – via Topcashback* – and get £47.77 cashback (when the premium is between £114 and £143.99). This effectively reduces the annual premium (after cashback has been approved) from £119 to £71.23/yr.''
    This is the point- after joining Topcashback I went back to the AA & the cover had changed to- £10 pm or £119 for the year. a £20 premium & as Martin says, Cashback is not guaranteed! if the link did not work properly you may never recieve it & are therfore £20 worse off. If it does work you will have saved £27.77. Is this FALSE ADVERTISING?
    I logged back in with the wifes account (could have cleared cookies), & it was indeed still £99 without the topcashback cookie. Also if you see that bit in brackets (when the premium is between £114 & £143.99) so you cant actually use topcashback with the AA normal price anyway???
    • B_M
    • By B_M 6th Jan 18, 5:43 PM
    • 637 Posts
    • 474 Thanks
    B_M
    I was thinking of buying my Annual AA membership & clicked through to see what price it was. Mid range showed £10pm or £99 for the year. I then came here to MSE, clicked around and saw the Topcashback deal- ''Want to save more? Buy the 'vehicle cover' breakdown policy – via Topcashback* – and get £47.77 cashback (when the premium is between £114 and £143.99). This effectively reduces the annual premium (after cashback has been approved) from £119 to £71.23/yr.''
    This is the point- after joining Topcashback I went back to the AA & the cover had changed to- £10 pm or £119 for the year. a £20 premium & as Martin says, Cashback is not guaranteed! if the link did not work properly you may never recieve it & are therfore £20 worse off. If it does work you will have saved £27.77. Is this FALSE ADVERTISING?
    I logged back in with the wifes account (could have cleared cookies), & it was indeed still £99 without the topcashback cookie. Also if you see that bit in brackets (when the premium is between £114 & £143.99) so you cant actually use topcashback with the AA normal price anyway???
    Originally posted by matchplayer
    False advertising?
    Well, as per my above posts, TCB do indeed use misleading advertising notes and don't remove them once pointed out! Tells a story? Must work for them, but equally it works for members as it makes it easier to create a mis-selling complaint.

The AA issue is that the AA offer 'At Home' free of charge if going direct. The TCB link doesn't show a 'like-for-like' comparison (ie 'At Home' isn't free). Naughty? You decide.
    Obviously this devalues any cashback amount, so you have to decide whether to go for and pay a lesser amount, or pay more and take a chance with cashback (this can take many, many months).
    A plus is, AA Breakdown Cover is classed as a financial product, so this would make it much easier to get your cashback. If TCB don't give it to you in a reasonable time (less than 4 months), you could get it from the AA via a mis-selling of a financial product complaint. AA are pretty good, so little chance of it having to involve the Financial Ombudsman Service.
    If you do go via TCB, make sure you take screenshots of the offer and promotional material and notes. What is stated and the reality is very much different.

Hope that helps and good luck.
    • B_M
    • By B_M 8th Jan 18, 2:06 PM
    • 637 Posts
    • 474 Thanks
    B_M
    Before Matt, or other TCB employee posts back on here, please fully read this first and I mean fully and several times if needed for it to sink in.
    Yes, it's still there, a bit like the misleading and wrong info I advised you about a full week ago. The one that has been avoided despite asking for views on it.

Anyway, TCB do, or so they say, have a 'Mission Statement'.

https://www.topcashback.co.uk/about?cat=Mission-

Our Company
    TopCashback's Promises To You
    Our promises to you are much like a mission statement, something that’s usually defined as "a guide for the actions of the organisation, spelling out the company’s goals and strategies".

To many though, a mission statement might sound like something that a business with nothing better to do would concoct, or something that sounds very nice on paper but that a company never puts into practice. We believe that TopCashback is different and so we want to tell you about our mission statement, which encompasses our core values and our promises to you. We hope you recognise it in the way that we treat you throughout your membership and interactions with TopCashback.

Why do we have a mission statement?
    As TopCashback grew following its inception way back in 2005, we were forced to make individual decisions more frequently. Not only that, but these decisions were getting bigger (and scarier) and would have impacted more and more people!

As a result of this we found that we needed to know exactly what TopCashback stood for in order to help us make those decisions. We therefore realised that we needed a mission statement and a set of core values, which we could use to steer these decisions.

Another important element about mission statements is that, in theory, they underline everything a company does. This is why most companies’ mission statements are deathly boring and talk about things like maximising profits in order to satisfy shareholders (not very beneficial if you’re not a shareholder!).

What we are trying to say is, the words you read below in our mission statement and our core values tell you what we are REALLY about and how you should expect to be treated by us as a company.

In every interaction with our staff, our members, our merchants or anyone else who we come into contact with, we aim to follow our own mission statement and core values, which become our promise of how we behave.
    Mission Statement TopCashback is, and will continue to be, the UK’s most generous cashback site, providing market leading cashback and money saving deals to its members.

TopCashback aims to grow as a company by building a reputation for being ethical and honest, and by treating our staff, members, customers and suppliers with the respect they all deserve. Or,in other words, always following the policy of ‘Fair Play’.
    Core Values of TopCashback
    Fair Play
    The principle which should define all our interactions with our staff, members, customers and suppliers can be summarised with the popular saying, "Do as you would be done by" – or as we prefer to say, 'Fair Play'. This means that any decisions made by the business should consider how others would expect to be treated.

Honesty & Integrity
    As part of the Fair Play philosophy, we aim to be honest and act with integrity at all times.

Generosity
    Wherever possible, we intend to offer the most generous deals for our members.

Streamlining
    We aim to create the most efficient and streamlined organisation in the sector, wherever possible; through employing technology to its best effect.

Long Term View
    We are not aiming for short term profits but, rather, in a financially sustainable manner, to grow a popular website with a great reputation. We believe this is the best way to benefit everyone in the long term.

[B]Customer Service
    We aim to build lasting relationships with our members through our customer service, ensuring that we deal with each enquiry with honesty and integrity, and focus on offering a consistent level of excellence.
    Just a few pieces highlighted, but there could be more.
    Hi everyone,

@ B_M – Thanks for your further feedback and comments.

@matchplayer – I will emphasise here you have the ultimate purchasing power. On every one of our pages, it states cashback cannot be guaranteed.

Going direct may offer different sorts of offers. E.g going to the merchant themselves they may offer a voucher code or something like that. It uses the commission it would have awarded to companies like us to fund that.

This is why you find cashback declined due to not last referrer if something like that is taken rather than clicking through from us.

I hope this explains.

Best wishes,
    Matt from TopCashback
    • B_M
    • By B_M 8th Jan 18, 3:53 PM
    • 637 Posts
    • 474 Thanks
    B_M

@ B_M – Thanks for your further feedback and comments.
    Is that it?
    Maybe get someone senior on here to address the issues?
    Is John still active at TCB as he seems like the only one with customer care experience?

If not, I'll keep at it until TCB puts in place what they preach.
    You decide.

Honesty & Integrity
    As part of the Fair Play philosophy, we aim to be honest and act with integrity at all times.
    Last edited by B_M; 08-01-2018 at 4:27 PM. Reason: Quote
    • washable
    • By washable 9th Jan 18, 9:48 AM
    • 26 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    washable
    Hi I have an amount I'm awaiting for Marks & Spencer food to order. The 8 week deadline has passed and this shows as faster paying. The food has all be consumed so can you tell me what the hold up is.
    Thanks
    Hi everyone,

@B_M - Looking into your account today I can see that your Endsleigh transaction is payable now and so I do hope you enjoy this cashback.

We always look to improve and I have passed over your comments about making the note standard note clear in regards to average payment speeds. This will be reviewed and should we believe we can make this clearer we will do this.

@washable - Over the festive period it can take a little longer than the standard estimated timeframe which is based on the average time frame. I can assure you we will get this to you as soon as we're paid it by the merchant for you.

Should this not progress within 4-6 weeks of the estimate please drop me a message to mse@topcashback.co.uk so I can take a closer look at it for you.

Best wishes,
    Matt
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,009Posts Today

9,871Users online

Martin's Twitter