Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Andrea
    • By MSE Andrea 27th Mar 13, 2:23 PM
    • 8,826Posts
    • 21,134Thanks
    MSE Andrea
    0 WOW
    Topcashback Questions & Answers
    • 27th Mar 13, 2:23 PM
    0 WOW
    Topcashback Questions & Answers 27th Mar 13 at 2:23 PM
    MSE Additional reading:

You might like to read our latest Cashback sites news story: Are you a cashback site loser?

Back to the original post...

Hi everyone,

If you have a question you'd like to ask cashback website Topcashback directly, post your question below and it will try to answer. If you want to discuss other cashback sites then please start a separate thread if there isn't one already.

Please remember referral links are not permitted. If you want to post a referral you can do it on the Topcashback referrals thread.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 27-10-2015 at 9:51 AM.
    Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Facebook, MSE Deals Twitter, Forum Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
Page 191
    • molerat
    • By molerat 10th Oct 17, 6:23 PM
    • 17,478 Posts
    • 11,704 Thanks
    molerat
    Ebay hasn't been tracking since September 20th and you have been displaying a warning.

I know you have said that these will all track when the issue is fixed, but this is going on 3 weeks now. I do not want to have to raise Claims a) as this is a systematic error this should be corrected on our behalf b) some are going back 3 weeks to finding the click record for the purchase will be nigh on impossible.

Can we have an update as to when this will be fixed - as they are supposed to be working "around the clock" with no progress they are either terrible at their jobs, or are more likely by the lack of progress, are actually doing nothing at all? Are we all going to have to raise claims?
    Originally posted by bxboards
    2 of mine from 24 & 25 Sep have now tracked. Still missing some from 2 Oct though.
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk/donations.html
  • TopCashBack Company Representative
    Hey everyone,

@B_M - I've located your support ticket and replied there. Sorry about that, I didn't realise you were talking about a Highest Cashback Guarantee rather than a normal claim

@molerat - They are playing catch up at the moment, transactions are tracking back to us now but they will be tracking transactions that are part of the backlog first. It does mean it may take a couple of weeks for your transactions to track at the moment.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • MrChips
    • By MrChips 11th Oct 17, 5:40 PM
    • 931 Posts
    • 350 Thanks
    MrChips
    Hi - I've been using TCB for years and consider myself a relatively experienced user. I've very rarely had tracking issues, and when I have these have typically been resolved through the support ticket system.

I bought my family's summer holiday in early July through Expedia, using a TCB link. The expected cashback amount was around £150, but it never tracked. I submitted a missing cashback claim a few days later, and received a response today to state that TCB has not been identified as the last referral to the merchant’s site and this transaction - cashback declined.

For the sake of a few quid I'd normally let this go, but for £150 this is extremely frustrating. Is there any way this can be investigated further? Naturally I clicked through TCB and only TCB and completed the transaction in one go online.
    If I had a pound for every time I didn't play the lottery...
    • B_M
    • By B_M 11th Oct 17, 5:55 PM
    • 587 Posts
    • 446 Thanks
    B_M
    @B_M - I've located your support ticket and replied there. Sorry about that, I didn't realise you were talking about a Highest Cashback Guarantee rather than a normal claim
    Originally posted by TopCashBack Company Representative
    Thanks.
    There is an obvious issue with merchants tracking at £0.00 and trying to submit a HCG.
    BTW, as it tracks at £0.00, how long does Azimo normally take to uplift or even decline please?

@MrChips - I wouldn't touch Expedia or any of their other brands now with a barge-pole via cashback sites. They are well known for their 'issues' (putting it politely).
    Using an immediate point of sale discount code only.
    Even then, they have been known to cancel fully paid bookings with silly, silly reasons (also putting it politely).
    No payments from financial products from cash back sites? Put in a complaint direct and if they don't resolve your issue, head straight to the financial ombudsman - it costs the company £550 in referral fees, win or lose.
    • kc052
    • By kc052 11th Oct 17, 7:13 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    kc052
    Good Evening and hope you can help me.
    Have been a topcashback member for many years and would not bother asking for further assistance but the claim is for just over £200. Purchased a TV from Currys on 26/Aug this year and after asking for it to be chased up, have been informed that my claim has been denied as your(topcashback)network has not been identified as the last referral to the merchants site. I only went through your site at the time which was confirmed when I asked for the investigation in September and was well aware at the time to ensure that there was only your site running due to the amount of the claim (10% ). Hope you can help?
    • MrChips
    • By MrChips 12th Oct 17, 1:32 PM
    • 931 Posts
    • 350 Thanks
    MrChips
    Update on my Expedia case - I've had confirmation from TCB customer support that Expedia are claiming I clicked through to them directly, not via TCB??

This is in spite of TCB having a record of my clicking through a few minutes prior to the order confirmation.

Can I do anything to progress this?
    • B_M
    • By B_M 12th Oct 17, 1:47 PM
    • 587 Posts
    • 446 Thanks
    B_M
    Update on my Expedia case - I've had confirmation from TCB customer support that Expedia are claiming I clicked through to them directly, not via TCB??

This is in spite of TCB having a record of my clicking through a few minutes prior to the order confirmation.

Can I do anything to progress this?
    Originally posted by MrChips
    You could give them a call and / or try Resolver.

https://www.resolver.co.uk/companies/expedia-co-uk-complaints/contact-details

There will be a definite electronic trace to your purchase and easily traceable. This will show origin, time and date.

Best wishes, but this is Expedia!
    No payments from financial products from cash back sites? Put in a complaint direct and if they don't resolve your issue, head straight to the financial ombudsman - it costs the company £550 in referral fees, win or lose.
    Hi everyone,

@MrChips – I am afraid when we’re not related back as the last referrer someone else’s cookie or a voucher code has got in the way and they will be paid. There’s nothing we can do to convince the tracking network otherwise. As much as we’d like to help you further, unfortunately, this is not something we can do.

@B_M – I wouldn’t say it’s an issue so to speak. It its something that perhaps we can change in the future but the reason your highest cashback claim was declined was due to these not being allowed for transactions that track at £0. We will still award the higher rate, this just needs to be done via customer support.

@kc052 – I do understand where your coming from an understand it’s frustrating. The issue is another cookie has been identified as the people who should be paid the commission. The cookie could have been added before clicking through us or it could have happened while you were on the merchant’s site (such as if you took part in a special promotion there).

Best wishes,
    Matt
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • molerat
    • By molerat 13th Oct 17, 1:16 PM
    • 17,478 Posts
    • 11,704 Thanks
    molerat
    2 of mine from 24 & 25 Sep have now tracked. Still missing some from 2 Oct though.
    Originally posted by molerat
    The 2 Oct ones have now tracked.
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk/donations.html
    Hey @molerat,

That is great news to hear They are catching up and so hopefully we will back to usual tracking soon.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    • MrChips
    • By MrChips 14th Oct 17, 12:51 AM
    • 931 Posts
    • 350 Thanks
    MrChips
    Hi everyone,

@MrChips – I am afraid when we’re not related back as the last referrer someone else’s cookie or a voucher code has got in the way and they will be paid. There’s nothing we can do to convince the tracking network otherwise. As much as we’d like to help you further, unfortunately, this is not something we can do.

I appreciate you taking the time to discuss this issue. In my case, TCB have told me that there is no other third party - Expedia are simply claiming I clicked through to them directly. But TCB have a record of the click through so not sure how to breach this impasse
    • B_M
    • By B_M 14th Oct 17, 10:13 AM
    • 587 Posts
    • 446 Thanks
    B_M
    I appreciate you taking the time to discuss this issue. In my case, TCB have told me that there is no other third party - Expedia are simply claiming I clicked through to them directly. But TCB have a record of the click through so not sure how to breach this impasse
    Originally posted by MrChips
    Taking TCB out of the equation as they've already said there's nothing they can do (or won't take it further), your best bet is to go direct with your issue.
    As above, the path your transaction took, can easily be confirmed.
    You also have proof of the trace from TCB, forward that.
    Resolve is definitely worth a shot.

It won't help you now, but in future see if there's a cashback site that gives a similar cashback and guarantees it.

example - http://www.imutual.co.uk/expedia
    (see the tick)

But, generally you can get an instant 10% discount code from the likes of Vouchercodes and Vouchercloud etc and IMHO, an immediate 10% discount is far, far better than taking a chance of a 12% or so cashback from a cashback site.
    You can always click through from a cashback site and still use the code. Normally it will be declined, but nothing to lose.
    • thor
    • By thor 14th Oct 17, 6:12 PM
    • 5,185 Posts
    • 1,852 Thanks
    thor
    Hi everyone,

@MrChips – I am afraid when we’re not related back as the last referrer someone else’s cookie or a voucher code has got in the way and they will be paid. There’s nothing we can do to convince the tracking network otherwise.
    So no further checks will be made by the merchant? They'll blindly pay out to the referrer of the last cookie?
    • antrobus
    • By antrobus 15th Oct 17, 5:38 AM
    • 15,296 Posts
    • 21,828 Thanks
    antrobus
    So no further checks will be made by the merchant? They'll blindly pay out to the referrer of the last cookie?
    Originally posted by thor
    That's the way affiliate marketing works. If the merchant has recorded the sale as being referred by party A, the are going to reject a claim for commission on the same sale by party B.

What else do you expect the merchant to do?
    • B_M
    • By B_M 15th Oct 17, 5:33 PM
    • 587 Posts
    • 446 Thanks
    B_M
    Originally posted by thor
    That's the way affiliate marketing works. If the merchant has recorded the sale as being referred by party A, the are going to reject a claim for commission on the same sale by party B.

What else do you expect the merchant to do?
    Originally posted by antrobus
    Let's not forget, Expedia aren't claiming another referrer, they are stating the purchaser (MrChips) went direct.
    Easy enough to check where the link came from, giving exact time and date.

I've just found out today I've had a genuine and valid financial purchase declined on my TCB account. No reason given, but I have an idea due to the stupidity of the offer.
    Tomorrow morning I'll start my mis-selling complaint.
    Screenshots and tracking history saved.
    I'll update accordingly. But I'll be chasing for my £84 and compensation.
    Last edited by B_M; 15-10-2017 at 6:44 PM.
    • antrobus
    • By antrobus 15th Oct 17, 7:28 PM
    • 15,296 Posts
    • 21,828 Thanks
    antrobus
    Let's not forget, Expedia aren't claiming another referrer, they are stating the purchaser (MrChips) went direct. Easy enough to check where the link came from, giving exact time and date...
    Originally posted by B_M
    Well I was replying to Thor. But that would be the same difference.

...I've just found out today I've had a genuine and valid financial purchase declined on my TCB account. No reason given, but I have an idea due to the stupidity of the offer.
    Tomorrow morning I'll start my mis-selling complaint.
    Screenshots and tracking history saved.
    I'll update accordingly. But I'll be chasing for my £84 and compensation.
    Originally posted by B_M
    Good luck.
    • B_M
    • By B_M 15th Oct 17, 9:22 PM
    • 587 Posts
    • 446 Thanks
    B_M
    Well I was replying to Thor. But that would be the same difference.
    Originally posted by antrobus
    I agree, it would be similar.
    Between the merchant, Affiliate Network and cashback site (TCB here), someone is stating there was no affiliate link.
    Yet, the TCB history shows a link to the merchant.

I had a similar issue with another site (not TCB), when they stated they couldn't see a click from their site to the merchant.
    I sent a copy of the affiliate link (from my history) and they sobered up and paid up.
    Where's there's money, there will always be 'skullduggery', there always has been and always will be.
    Cover your back and take evidence.

Thanks for the 'good luck', but I've been here many times with TCB financial transactions and won every single one.
    Potentially I have another couple of iffy financial transactions I'm monitoring with (taken via TCB) and one via Quidco (their exclusive).
    A positive is, there are some honourable merchants out there.
    The dodgy ones will always be challenged though, when needed.

Update: - on the ball this morning and my mis-selling complaint has been raised.
    Surprisingly, I wasn't given the 'it's not us Guv' garbage, but I was asked why TCB declined my cashback. I informed them it was either them or their agents that declined it.
    Last edited by B_M; 16-10-2017 at 9:16 AM. Reason: update
    Hi everyone.

@MrChips, I am sorry that there is nothing further we can do to progress your claim further, I do hope that any further transactions you make are much smoother.

@B_M I do hope that your claim is resolved positively and swiftly. If you do have any further issues we’re always here to help.

Best wishes,
    Kee
    • bigspender1971
    • By bigspender1971 17th Oct 17, 3:33 PM
    • 219 Posts
    • 210 Thanks
    bigspender1971
    Hi Matt/Kee,
    I have 2 transactions made 8 days ago-one with Post Office Money and one with Tripadvisor Instant booking.There not showing up on dashboard yet. I know Matt said it takes 7 days maximum. Any idea if there's a problem with these merchants and should I escalate? Many thanks!
    @bigspender1971, looking at the statistics that we have for these merchants they can take a few days to track, but they do seem to be tracking. If after the 7 days has passed these have still not appeared, then I would suggest getting a claim lodged for each of these so that we can look to get them tracking to your account as expected.

Best wishes,
    Samantha
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,607Posts Today

8,795Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @mmhpi: REPORT PUBLISHED: We reveal how #regulators of essential services can level the playing field & better support consumers with #m?

• RT @mmhpi: "I have massive #anxiety about talking to strangers on the phone" - Regulators must improve the accessibility of essential serv?

• RT @itvMLshow: I know you may be sad that we have no more shows this year BUT you wont have to wait too long for our next LIVE SPECIAL whic?

• Follow Martin