Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Andrea
    • By MSE Andrea 27th Mar 13, 2:23 PM
    • 8,615Posts
    • 20,855Thanks
    MSE Andrea
    0 WOW
    Topcashback Questions & Answers
    • 27th Mar 13, 2:23 PM
    0 WOW
    Topcashback Questions & Answers 27th Mar 13 at 2:23 PM
    MSE Additional reading:

You might like to read our latest Cashback sites news story: Are you a cashback site loser?

Back to the original post...

Hi everyone,

If you have a question you'd like to ask cashback website Topcashback directly, post your question below and it will try to answer. If you want to discuss other cashback sites then please start a separate thread if there isn't one already.

Please remember referral links are not permitted. If you want to post a referral you can do it on the Topcashback referrals thread.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 27-10-2015 at 9:51 AM.

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Facebook, MSE Deals Twitter, Forum Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
Page 190
    • Justice13075
    • By Justice13075 4th Oct 17, 10:57 AM
    • 995 Posts
    • 423 Thanks
    Justice13075
    Showing on my dashboard is a confused claim which isn't yet showing the cashback amount. How long does it take to show?
  • TopCashBack Company Representative
    Hey everyone,

@molerat – It’s something were working on with their tracking agency and once it’s sorted the transactions that should have tracked should then track. It may take a few days for this to happen but there are people working around the clock on it for you.

@sue1976 – This will depend on how fast the merchant confirms to Go Compare their commission. After this time Go Compare can then validate our commission. For this reason it may take a few months before you do see some progress made.

@Justice13075 – A standard transaction takes 7 days to track to your account.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • molerat
    • By molerat 4th Oct 17, 4:33 PM
    • 17,062 Posts
    • 11,222 Thanks
    molerat
    I booked a Travelodge 2 night stay which was advertised at 10% but has tracked at the basic 5%. When will this uplift to the correct amount ?
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk/donations.html
    • B_M
    • By B_M 5th Oct 17, 11:19 AM
    • 558 Posts
    • 413 Thanks
    B_M
    Hey B_M,

While we have been paid since that for some transactions, we are on the case and speaking with their tracking network

Best wishes,
    Matt
    Originally posted by TopCashBack Company Representative
    I'd advise not talking to the Village People on the phone.
    Google that one. ;-)
    Still a disgusting company abusing the cashback world and all for a few pounds!

Would it be possible to have a system in place that allows to submit a highest cashback claim against a merchant that tracks at £0.00 please? Yes it tracks, but when trying to submit a HCG claim, you can't proceed as normal down to the £0.00 value.
    You can, and I have, filed a ticket with a link to the higher Quidco rate, but not perfect.
    I'm expecting to have to fight Azimo anyway.
    No payments from financial products from cash back sites? Put in a complaint direct and if they don't resolve your issue, head straight to the financial ombudsman - it costs the company £550 in referral fees, win or lose.
    • deefadog
    • By deefadog 5th Oct 17, 11:28 AM
    • 2,133 Posts
    • 617 Thanks
    deefadog
    Hi all,

I still have an open claim form April for Disneyland paris, is this company renowned for paying slow? It's currently "Querying With Merchant's Network (Q)"

It's for over a £100 so it would be nice to get some feedback on if i will ever receive this.

Thank you

Hi everyone,

@molerat – This will track lower and should correct for you ��

@B_M – That’s a very interesting idea and one I am can pick up with our team for you ��

@deefadog - This merchant is one that pays quite quickly. However, when resolving a claim it’s not to do with how fast they pay but how long it takes the network to get back to us and decide if we’re eligible for cashback or not and this can vary depending on the circumstances of the claim.

As this is on status Q our team are trying a different avenue to try and get you a resolution and as soon as they do have some new for you they will reply back for you.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • Justice13075
    • By Justice13075 6th Oct 17, 9:44 AM
    • 995 Posts
    • 423 Thanks
    Justice13075
    It's now been over 3 weeks can you help
    Hey Justice13075,

If you could drop me an email to mse@topcashback.co.uk we can certainly take a look for you.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    • B_M
    • By B_M 8th Oct 17, 7:34 AM
    • 558 Posts
    • 413 Thanks
    B_M

@B_M – That’s a very interesting idea and one I am can pick up with our team for you ��
    You definitely need something in place as I've received this decline!

Declined Reason: Cashback has not yet reached the members account
    Of course it hasn't reached my account, this is a merchant that tracks at £0.00 with Topcashback!
    Now if you want to confirm that £0.00 as a decline, I'd be very, very happy and can take over. I'm fairly certain where this one is going anyway and the amount I'll be chasing is £25 plus 5% top-up = £26.25.

Have another word with your team please.
    No payments from financial products from cash back sites? Put in a complaint direct and if they don't resolve your issue, head straight to the financial ombudsman - it costs the company £550 in referral fees, win or lose.
    • woodface7
    • By woodface7 8th Oct 17, 1:31 PM
    • 117 Posts
    • 201 Thanks
    woodface7
    I'd like to know more about the "tracking issue" members are warned of after (!) they click through to broadbandchoices.co.uk . Sure enough my Sept 21st fibre purchase (using desktop not mobile, clean browser) did not track at TCB and my claim is listed as 'Waiting for Website support team'.

More than two weeks later, this warning is still displayed. Bizarre and inexcusable for a merchant whose entire business has been built on tracking commissions from sales referrals!
    • POPPYOSCAR
    • By POPPYOSCAR 8th Oct 17, 1:54 PM
    • 10,619 Posts
    • 22,054 Thanks
    POPPYOSCAR
    Something weird on my account TCB.

An entry for Ladbrokes Bingo has appeared and been declined.

This is not mine, I do not do online gambling.

I hope this has not replaced a genuine transaction.
    • B_M
    • By B_M 8th Oct 17, 6:02 PM
    • 558 Posts
    • 413 Thanks
    B_M
    Something weird on my account TCB.

An entry for Ladbrokes Bingo has appeared and been declined.

This is not mine, I do not do online gambling.

I hope this has not replaced a genuine transaction.
    Originally posted by POPPYOSCAR
    You're not alone.

Similar issue today on my account.
    Email notification, but definitely not mine and has now disappeared.
    Hope it's not yet another security issue!
    • bxboards
    • By bxboards 9th Oct 17, 8:12 AM
    • 1,296 Posts
    • 1,025 Thanks
    bxboards
    Ebay hasn't been tracking since September 20th and you have been displaying a warning.

I know you have said that these will all track when the issue is fixed, but this is going on 3 weeks now. I do not want to have to raise Claims a) as this is a systematic error this should be corrected on our behalf b) some are going back 3 weeks to finding the click record for the purchase will be nigh on impossible.

Can we have an update as to when this will be fixed - as they are supposed to be working "around the clock" with no progress they are either terrible at their jobs, or are more likely by the lack of progress, are actually doing nothing at all? Are we all going to have to raise claims?
    • percyverance
    • By percyverance 9th Oct 17, 10:25 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    percyverance
    TopCashBack A.A. cashback declined...
    Hi Matt
    I was feeling hopeful from your positive response that I'd receive my £40 A.A. cashback. My positive thoughts, however were soon diminished when two days later checking for a response from your Claims Team I noticed that the icon on 'My Dashboard' had disappeared! Not only was there no new message, there has been no further communication in almost three weeks and the previous messages are no longer visible!
    As you'd written 'I have asked our Claims Team to submit your claim at the earliest opportunity' I was anticipating a further message confirming they'd submitted my claim.
    I'd felt fobbed off in response to the two messages I'd previously received from the Claims Team as both stated my claim couldn't proceed as it was out of the 100 day period.
    On 6 April I received an email that my TopCash account was in credit to the sum of £40 for purchasing an A.A. policy in full for £85.
    Your terms state that 'Validation period is approximately 90 days from policy start date when paying in full.' I suspended the A.A. policy on 16 July - over 90 day - until September as a replacement 'almost new' car came with a couple of months breakdown cover remaining.
    But in September on querying that I'd not received my £40 cash back Lauren at TopCash stated
    'I am sorry that in this instance cashback has been declined by the merchant. AA have stated that the policy was suspended as their reason for decline.

In order to challenge this I would advise you to submit a declined cashback claim. Our claims team will then look into this further.'

However the Claims Team did nothing but cite the 100 days condition as the reason for their taking no further action, which seemed wrong as the conditions actually states that 'Any untracked sale and incorrect commission claims raised after 100 days from their transaction date will be automatically declined as per terms and conditions'!
    I don't feel that my £40 cashback should have been declined for suspending the AA policy when the conditions sate 'We will not pay cashback for any policy that have been cancelled or are in arrears at the time of validation.'
    The A.A policy was not cancelled, was paid for in full and is still active!

Hi percyverance,

We do monitor a merchant's decline rate and I would like to be clear that it's not tolerated if a merchant declined the vast majority of transactions. If we find out this has happened we do speak with them, ask them what happened and go from there.

I've managed to locate your account using your username here. It looks like there was a bit of confusion with the claim limit for this. For both untracked and declined claims, there is a claim window. However, for declined claims, this window starts from the declined date which for you is still well within the time frame.

Therefore, I have asked our Claims Team to submit your claim at the earliest opportunity.

I hope this helps.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    • bigspender1971
    • By bigspender1971 9th Oct 17, 1:14 PM
    • 217 Posts
    • 209 Thanks
    bigspender1971
    I ordered some currency from the Post Office this morning but it's not yet showing in transactions (it's usually instantaneous for me). Is there an issue with this? It's showing on clicks to merchants. Many thanks
    Hi everyone,

@B_M - Just to make sure I’m checking out the right claim can you get back with your purchase date and merchant, please?

@woodface7 – As soon as we spot a potential tracking issue we will put a note on the page, this normally isn’t the merchant or their network telling us about it, it’s us using our abilities to spot this. A tracking issue can be just with some devices but I will ensure our team are still working on that tracking issue for you.

@POPPYOSCAR – There could be a couple of reasons with this, to investigate I will need you to email me at mse@topcashback.co.uk please.

@bxboards – The tracking issue has been sorted for a lot of transactions, this has impacted a lot of members and so that is a lot of information to suddenly put on members' accounts and so it has to be done in a managed way. We want this resolved as much as you do and will always ensure it is done at the earliest possible time.

@percyverance – Can you drop me an email to mse@topcashback.co.uk so I can take a closer look into this for you?

@bigspender1971 – Please remember it can take 7 days for a transaction to track

Best wishes,
    Matt
    • B_M
    • By B_M 9th Oct 17, 6:16 PM
    • 558 Posts
    • 413 Thanks
    B_M

@B_M - Just to make sure I’m checking out the right claim can you get back with your purchase date and merchant, please?
    No problem.

Azimo UK 02 Oct 2017 £50.00
    • blinkin_tmo
    • By blinkin_tmo 10th Oct 17, 11:45 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    blinkin_tmo
    Top cash back con!!!!
    Hi!
    I've been on top cash back for years! I've been raving about my savings on it to everyone! I'm saving up some cash back on it now and went to check a few weeks ago and they have charged me!!!!!!! After contacting them they have told me my account has been changed to "plus" and have let me change back to classic! But wait I've not been asked or contacted about this change! Surely they can't do this?!!!
    Anyone else has similar?
    I'm so annoyed!!!! I've told them after some pending money goes in I'm deleting my account!
    Hey B_M,

I've checked your Azimo UK claim - we sent you a message to say your claim was on ice and yesterday we sent one to explain it's now off ice and ready to submit.

With the email, you received can you forward me a copy to mse@topcashback.co.uk so I can take a closer look at that?

Many thanks,
    Matt
    • B_M
    • By B_M 10th Oct 17, 5:27 PM
    • 558 Posts
    • 413 Thanks
    B_M
    Hey B_M,

I've checked your Azimo UK claim - we sent you a message to say your claim was on ice and yesterday we sent one to explain it's now off ice and ready to submit.

With the email, you received can you forward me a copy to mse@topcashback.co.uk so I can take a closer look at that?

Many thanks,
    Matt
    There shouldn't really be a claim and your guys should have noticed the tracking at £0.00 note.
    But, my ticket stated this-

I have uplifted the cashback tracked to 0.01 so you will able to lodge a Highest Cashback claim for these now.

Thanks,
    Stella
    So, basically, why was my claimed denied?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,428Posts Today

7,804Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Common question, but actually its pretty meaningless - the amount to govt is arbitrary - i explain why here...? https://t.co/W6NFlmztaV

• RT @avantiproperty: @MartinSLewis You've got too much time on your hands.

• Today's Twitter poll: Bit out of no where this one. If you wear a watch which wrist is it on...

• Follow Martin