Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Andrea
    • By MSE Andrea 27th Mar 13, 2:23 PM
    • 8,705Posts
    • 20,986Thanks
    MSE Andrea
    0 WOW
    Topcashback Questions & Answers
    • 27th Mar 13, 2:23 PM
    0 WOW
    Topcashback Questions & Answers 27th Mar 13 at 2:23 PM
    MSE Additional reading:

You might like to read our latest Cashback sites news story: Are you a cashback site loser?

Back to the original post...

Hi everyone,

If you have a question you'd like to ask cashback website Topcashback directly, post your question below and it will try to answer. If you want to discuss other cashback sites then please start a separate thread if there isn't one already.

Please remember referral links are not permitted. If you want to post a referral you can do it on the Topcashback referrals thread.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 27-10-2015 at 9:51 AM.
    Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Facebook, MSE Deals Twitter, Forum Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
Page 187
  • TopCashBack Company Representative
    Hi everyone,

@B_M – I am very pleased that your bonus progressed as expected and I hope you have a lovely weekend

@hillcats – Going by the wider stats of the site and not by those who query when things don’t go to plan it’s not true that most people who click through from higher rates don’t get paid. Yes, with higher cashback transactions the checks are more stringent to ensure the merchants are paying out the amounts once and for eligible purchases. A lot of the cause of the large transactions not progressing are when someone else is paid and not TopCashback. So the merchant does pay - just that this gets awarded to someone else and this is do to with cookies on your time of purchase. I am sorry if you feel this is a deliberate way for the merchant to get out of paying TopCashback.

@November2 – I am happy to review this if you email us at mse@topcashback.co.uk

Best wishes,
    Matt
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • fizzys
    • By fizzys 25th Aug 17, 3:31 PM
    • 18 Posts
    • 82 Thanks
    fizzys
    Lets summarise here, it would seem that if you make a reasonable sized purchase via TCB and the return is small to medium then this is usually paid, however if the cash back is a large high amount then it would seem that lots of people are just not getting their promised cash... I see a pattern forming here!

I'm seriously wondering just how much of TCB is corrupt as it seems that any decent large amounts are kept back with lame poor excuses blaming the affiliate network and how there is nothing TCB can do ?!

The reason they say they cant do anything further is because its been pocketed somewhere along the line.
    Originally posted by hillcats
    Exactly my thoughts!!! I'm trying to contact the merchant directly myself - they're withholding the information about "another entity" from TBC apparently, and its my information they hold so I would hope they will release my information before having to go through an Ombudsman which I really cannot be bothered to do but will, its got so boring now, I imagine alot of peoples head just turns to mush with what replies you get... I can't be told whom or what I've done in this claim, I don't hold out much hope for bigger transactions in the future... 1 of many transactions,and what would have been the highest Cashback, so strange. I don't know what information about another network they hold, as there was no other network involved. Prove me wrong TBC? Baffling.
    Last edited by fizzys; 25-08-2017 at 3:37 PM.
    Hi fizzys,

Between us and the merchant are an appointed track network who track the cookies from 'referrer to purchase'. It's not just us who has to use these tracking networks but everyone who wishes to earn commission from a merchant. This included social networking sites, forums, news websites, even search engines myself.

As competitors (which ultimately is what we are when it comes to commission) the network will not divulge to us who won the last referrer as this would competitor information in the hands of us.

This is why we will not be told this information and this is why we don't have that information to share with you.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • PGammage
    • By PGammage 30th Aug 17, 10:32 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    PGammage
    Verifying account - email doesn't work
    I am trying to payout of TCB and am being prompted to verify my account, however the verify fails with the following message "The email failed to send to your email address. Please try again". I have raised a support ticket, however not been looked at yet by TCB customer support.

I had a similar problem back in May. Can you nudge TCB for me please 😁
    Hey PGammage,

Please keep an eye on your open support tickets in your account as it may be that the update email doesn't reach you too.

If you haven't had a reply within 48 hours please email me at mse@topcashback.co.uk so we can get this sorted for you

Best wishes,
    Matt
    • gavvy
    • By gavvy 1st Sep 17, 7:16 AM
    • 71 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    gavvy
    Hi TCB
    Can you advise what'd going on with my PlusNet Cashback. It tracked normally and I did a Highest cashback claim and you matched quidco, then it declined so I submitted a claim, then a few weeks later it went back to pending, you said you will submit the claim anyway which you did.
    Yesterday you added a new pending transaction for £60 - I assume PlusNet have agreed to pay out- but should I not be getting the higher amount that I originally matched against quidco?
    • brizzledfw
    • By brizzledfw 1st Sep 17, 8:53 AM
    • 7,156 Posts
    • 34,736 Thanks
    brizzledfw
    Hello

Really disappointed in my TCB experience. Some merchants eg. trainGenius (naming them as credit where credit is due) pay very promptly but I currently have three transactions - all with insurance companies - which are not being paid. One is 11 months old and has been confirmed, one dates from this February and hasn't been paid and the final one from June is to be verified. I don't know why there is a delay in that one as I could see the TCB website open on my phone as I clicked through and inputted the details. I am finding this chasing and feeling 'done over' stressful and is seriously putting me off either using the site or recommending it.

I keep being told to be patient. But surely 11 months is now ridiculous!!

I have asked to escalate this within TCB.. any ideas how I get a satisfactory resolution to this?

Thanks all

Brizzle
    Last edited by brizzledfw; 01-09-2017 at 8:55 AM.
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%]
    Declutter 200 items before 31.01.18 xx/200 ** LSDs Target 10 for Winter 0x/10 **AFDs xx/15 ** Sales Target '17 £750 £225 so far
    **NSDs Target 10 for Winter xx/10 Trying to be a Frugalista
    Hey,

@gavvy - if you mention on your claim your original transaction was under highest cashback guarantee they should be able to sort it but if you have any issues please drop me an email at mse@topcashback.co.uk

@brizzledfw - Insurance merchants will need to ensure you keep up with payments and do not cancel or amend the policy. Therefore transactions tend to stay at pending for quite a few months before they progress to confirmed. However, this is normally not to the extent of the time frame you have explained.

As you would expect, there are processes both at the network itself and within us where we chase up slow transactions with the tracking network to ensure these are resolved asap.

Escalations should be used when you believe you have received a level of support which is lower than expected and this includes being told incorrect information. This does not extend to slow paying cashback for the only reason that no one at TopCashback can do anymore that is being done to get this progressing for you.

I do hope this helps.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    • skid112
    • By skid112 1st Sep 17, 2:45 PM
    • 276 Posts
    • 149 Thanks
    skid112
    yet again a large cashback tracked purchase has been declined, there seems little point in using TCB if you never get paid
    • Brian Gathercole
    • By Brian Gathercole 2nd Sep 17, 2:53 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Brian Gathercole
    hi Ive found more than once when I get a car insurance quote without going first via the cashback site eg through a car insurance compare website and see a quote I like, then I rerun the same information this time going via the top cash back website in order to track the cashback, the quote from the insurer suddenly goes up , thus wiping out the potential cash back gain eg I got a quote for about £210 from saga using confused .com- I saw that I could also get cashback of around £30 for Saga car insurance so reapplied completing the same info as on the confused site but then ended up with a quote around £240! Is this common practice. If so it will become pointless using cashback sites?
    • Leothecat
    • By Leothecat 3rd Sep 17, 7:47 AM
    • 1,422 Posts
    • 11,257 Thanks
    Leothecat
    Hi TCB,

I'm really hoping I can finally get a resolution.

I regularly book hotels through TCB using hotels.com. All have tracked and paid out very quickly except 2 from December 2016.
    The were booked on 1 and 2 December 2016 and were paid for in full at time of booking. They went to pending within a matter of hours.

Now over 9 months later they are still sitting at pending. They are for reasonable amounts totalling £110.

What I find strange is that other bookings I have made after these have tracked and long since paid out. Of course these were for much smaller amounts.

I've asked for help with this a number of times but have been fobbed off with the usual "it's the merchants fault" answer.

I'm sure it's soon going to move to declined and I will not be happy.

They also declined 3 previous claims which all went to pending. These were car hire, Tesco and Lufthansa.

TCB used to be the cash back site that could be relied upon to pay out, now it seems that is not the case!
    Last edited by Leothecat; 03-09-2017 at 7:50 AM.
    • fizzys
    • By fizzys 3rd Sep 17, 4:52 PM
    • 18 Posts
    • 82 Thanks
    fizzys
    @skid112 yes always the high paying cashback amounts declined you could make 1000's of small purchases and they will track fine, once you earn a higher amount there is problems with the merchant paying out or you will be told you've not gone solely through Topcashback... Its really weird, that.

@Leothecat "What I find strange is that other bookings I have made after these have tracked and long since paid out. Of course these were for much smaller amounts." as above, always the higher ones. Bizarre isn't it. I've read hundreds of posts from people in the same predicament, small purchases fine, big purchases not. I think Topcashback should investigate this very obvious problem us customers are running into when we expect a large amount of money?
    • woodface7
    • By woodface7 3rd Sep 17, 6:00 PM
    • 117 Posts
    • 201 Thanks
    woodface7
    Hi Matt, I need some advice before a claim for a non-tracked Ebay purchase. I clicked through 7.22pm Aug 29 and won an item with a bid of £351. The invoice didn't have the option to collect (though the retailer is local and welcome collection). Not wanting to pay £30 for pointless delivery, I couldn't therefore pay immediately.

Next morning, they waived the delivery fee, so the invoice was now £351, not £381 inc del.

This may be why it's our first eBay buy that hasn't tracked. Or the fact my payment was dated one day later than the buy? (Though at only 16 hours after the win, it was well within the 24 hour limit in your terms.)

My click-through is recorded, but nothing tracked. Payment was wholly by Paypal via Ebay, not cash on collection. I can supply evidence for all the above. I wanted to check the claim won't be auto-rejected for being a different amount to the £381 originally due?

(NB Were no competing cookies, blockers etc. Always tracks for us.)
    • B_M
    • By B_M 3rd Sep 17, 6:09 PM
    • 585 Posts
    • 444 Thanks
    B_M
    hi Ive found more than once when I get a car insurance quote without going first via the cashback site eg through a car insurance compare website and see a quote I like, then I rerun the same information this time going via the top cash back website in order to track the cashback, the quote from the insurer suddenly goes up , thus wiping out the potential cash back gain eg I got a quote for about £210 from saga using confused .com- I saw that I could also get cashback of around £30 for Saga car insurance so reapplied completing the same info as on the confused site but then ended up with a quote around £240! Is this common practice. If so it will become pointless using cashback sites?
    Originally posted by Brian Gathercole
    I'm not defending TCB here, but you can't compare a quote from a comparison site against a one taken from TCB.
    Confused.com also work with affiliate networks and could well be offering an immediate discount rather than say wait for months if going via TCB. Equally, cashback rates may have been available elsewhere at a higher amount (Quidco for example) as they seem to take turns in offering 'exclusive' rates. TCB would of course match any higher rate and add the appropriate top-up.
    If you had gained your quote from Saga direct, then compared via TCB and there was a difference, then that would have been different. Although, it's not unknown for higher prices when landing on a page via a cashback site. Some merchants are naughty!
    Pointless using cashback sites? Depends really, because if you can get that discount immediately, even if slightly less, then it makes sense. Equally, a few discount code sites are now upping their game and worth considering.
    Most of my large purchases via cashback sites are for financial purchases and I've been paid for every single (valid) one. Yes, I've had to do the work myself many, many times, but I've always been paid and sometimes even with extra compensation.
    I hope you find a solution.

Regarding large cashback payments being declined and small ones being paid, I don't and have never witnessed that. When there are problems, I don't find the amount involved to be a factor. Most of my purchases are for large cashback promotions and as above, I've been paid. I've been paid well over £10k over various cashback sites since their introduction over 10 years ago and well over £5k from TCB alone.
    Sometimes cashback payments are slow, some very slow and that's an area that needs tightening up. There are some very, very good and honourable merchants though. Sadly, the known problematic ones are given far too much leniency!
    No payments from financial products from cash back sites? Put in a complaint direct and if they don't resolve your issue, head straight to the financial ombudsman - it costs the company £550 in referral fees, win or lose.
    Hi everyone,

@skid112 - I am sorry to hear your transaction has been declined and would urge you to lodge a claim for this.

@Brian Gathercole – I can see @B_M has helped you out with this. To clarify a little though with it being via a different marketing channel different rates / prices / discounts may be agreed with them. Should you see the rate is different when going direct this is something we can look into for you.

@Leothecat - While I can not promise anything, if you drop me a email to mse@topcashback.co.uk I will happily take a closer look into this for you.

@woodface7 – As long as any amendments went through Ebay this should be OK for you. However, ultimately the decision as to whether something is eligible for cashback is made by the merchant rather than us.

@B_M - Thanks for helping out and for sharing your insightful knowledge

Best wishes,
    Matt
    • skid112
    • By skid112 5th Sep 17, 7:42 AM
    • 276 Posts
    • 149 Thanks
    skid112
    I cannot lodge a claim as your site says there was no transaction, funny how the transaction was marked as pending then suddenly not. Had another turned down today as well from last April, all these amounts add up £231.35 declined from £3256.72 claimed, thats over 7%, nice ratio for tipping
    • 166million
    • By 166million 5th Sep 17, 11:07 AM
    • 1,067 Posts
    • 4,474 Thanks
    166million
    Hi there,

If you were the winner of the summer treats prize draw, would tcb try to contact you by phone to let you know?
    **Debt Free as of 15:55 on Friday 23rd March 2012**And I am staying that way

377 166million Sealed Pot Challenge 2018
    My debt free diary http://http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3630099

No. 90: Emergency fund £43
    • tentonine
    • By tentonine 5th Sep 17, 4:11 PM
    • 269 Posts
    • 143 Thanks
    tentonine
    I have seen that Topcashback offers a £5 bonus for referring a friend. Some people also claim that the person being referred receives £5 too, but I can't see that mentioned on the Topcashback website. Is that correct and will it work for any referral link, or do only a few specific people get special links for the person being referred to get a bonus too?
    Thanks.
    Hi everyone,

@ skid112 – I can certainly look into why this is happening for you if you drop us an email to mse@topcashback.co.uk or if you issue a support ticket.

@ 166million – This will be done via support ticket, winners should get email notification too and we also put a banner on your account overview to tell you you are a winner and have a support ticket to tell you more ��

@tentonine – The offers and rates do change. At the moment the new person who joins will not get a signup bonus through the tell a friend scheme but are still eligible for our standard new member deals etc ��

I hope this helps.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    • pjran
    • By pjran 7th Sep 17, 4:22 PM
    • 974 Posts
    • 5,389 Thanks
    pjran
    Please could you help? TCB often have a promotion during bank holidays by spending £10 to receive a bonus of £2.50. I spent the agreed £10 but my account shows a lesser amount spent, maybe something to do with VAT but when the offer is on there's no mention that the spend has to over £10+VAT. I feel the offer is misleading.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

648Posts Today

5,077Users online

Martin's Twitter