Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Andrea
    • By MSE Andrea 27th Mar 13, 2:23 PM
    • 8,325Posts
    • 20,421Thanks
    MSE Andrea
    0 WOW
    Topcashback Questions & Answers
    • 27th Mar 13, 2:23 PM
    0 WOW
    Topcashback Questions & Answers 27th Mar 13 at 2:23 PM
    MSE Additional reading:

You might like to read our latest Cashback sites news story: Are you a cashback site loser?

Back to the original post...

Hi everyone,

If you have a question you'd like to ask cashback website Topcashback directly, post your question below and it will try to answer. If you want to discuss other cashback sites then please start a separate thread if there isn't one already.

Please remember referral links are not permitted. If you want to post a referral you can do it on the Topcashback referrals thread.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 27-10-2015 at 9:51 AM.

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Facebook, MSE Deals Twitter, Forum Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
Page 180
    • vm2pensioner
    • By vm2pensioner 13th Jun 17, 9:53 PM
    • 122 Posts
    • 49 Thanks
    vm2pensioner
    Hey everyone,

@vm2pensioner - Would you be willing to share your tell a friend link here? I really want to help but as I am sure you can understand I can't locate your account with no information.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    Originally posted by TopCashBack Company Representative
    I've done this too. Still nothing.
  • TopCashBack Company Representative
    Hey vm2pensioner,

As we have explained due the issue you are having sending emails to us we'll need to locate your account through this forum only. If you reply back with your tell a friend link, we can help you but currently, I have no way of identifying you from the 5 million + members in our database.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • molerat
    • By molerat 15th Jun 17, 1:02 PM
    • 16,604 Posts
    • 10,824 Thanks
    molerat
    Snap & Save not working on web, the mayo, wraps and slices just link back to the main S&S page and not the item page. The other 3 work OK.

edit: very strange, works ok in IE and Edge but not in Firefox.
    Last edited by molerat; 16-06-2017 at 12:06 PM.
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk/donations.html
    • vm2pensioner
    • By vm2pensioner 15th Jun 17, 3:44 PM
    • 122 Posts
    • 49 Thanks
    vm2pensioner
    Hey vm2pensioner,

As we have explained due the issue you are having sending emails to us we'll need to locate your account through this forum only. If you reply back with your tell a friend link, we can help you but currently, I have no way of identifying you from the 5 million + members in our database.

Best wishes,
    Matt

I have sent all this information, tell-a-friend, user name, email, alternative email to you personally, to mse link, to TCB several times and all they ever reply is send an email to authenticate, without success. I've offered a alternative email address. Would you be prepared to put your user name etc. on an open forum?
    If I could change mine to something less personal, or change the email address, I would do so. But if I try to do this it's "please send an email to authenticate..." so round we go again.
    Last edited by vm2pensioner; 15-06-2017 at 3:49 PM.
    • thor
    • By thor 15th Jun 17, 7:58 PM
    • 5,178 Posts
    • 1,851 Thanks
    thor
    For those who may be interested in my postings on this thread, it is now 2 years exactly since I made my purchase from Argos and I'm going to try and summarize the current situation.
    I bought a fridge freezer from Argos but only received a cashback of about 1% instead of the 10% advertised. After contacting topcashback customer care, they finally told me the problem was that argos told them that I had returned the freezer. This is untrue and just a couple of weeks ago I emailed argos directly to get an email from them saying that I had not returned the freezer at all.
    Topcashback claim they are not calling me a liar but they will not pay out because Argos have not paid them. I asked that they remove argos from their site but as this is not a common problem they will not do anything at all.
    I'm pretty sure if this had happened over at Quidco they would have had it sorted one way or another in less than a few months.
    • sillygoose
    • By sillygoose 16th Jun 17, 9:15 AM
    • 3,820 Posts
    • 3,665 Thanks
    sillygoose
    Hi TCB,

Can you please investigate this, as you can see from below I had a transaction that tracked perfectly and was progressing fine. As the booking could be cancelled I assumed it wouldn't pay out until after I used it in August, that is understandable.

But now I see its declined! I tried to raise a claim but when I select manchester airport parking (there are two identical entries in my pulldown list, I tried both) it says no transactions recorded with this retailer... well what is this below then?

I have had terrible experience with airport parking companies in the past, they are terrible payers and I don't intend letting this one wriggle out of it.

Thanks.

Hey everyone,

I hope you have had a great week.

@molerat – We have just tested this and it appears to be working in all the browsers we test, including firefox.

@vm2pensioner – I have received your tell a friend link via email today, I have just sent you an email with further instructions.

@thor – I am sorry in your case the claim was declined. However, while I can’t predict another cashback site’s goodwill gesture I do know and understand ours. Paying you would mean paying all members with declined claims for this merchant and this has a much wider impact. One we cannot take.

@Sillygoose - If you can email me at mse@topcashback.co.uk I can look into whether we have an initial declined reason for this.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • sillygoose
    • By sillygoose 16th Jun 17, 4:43 PM
    • 3,820 Posts
    • 3,665 Thanks
    sillygoose
    @Sillygoose - If you can email me at mse@topcashback.co.uk I can look into whether we have an initial declined reason for this.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    Hi Matt, sent now. Thanks.
    • Justice13075
    • By Justice13075 16th Jun 17, 4:44 PM
    • 896 Posts
    • 403 Thanks
    Justice13075
    For those who may be interested in my postings on this thread, it is now 2 years exactly since I made my purchase from Argos and I'm going to try and summarize the current situation.
    I bought a fridge freezer from Argos but only received a cashback of about 1% instead of the 10% advertised. After contacting topcashback customer care, they finally told me the problem was that argos told them that I had returned the freezer. This is untrue and just a couple of weeks ago I emailed argos directly to get an email from them saying that I had not returned the freezer at all.
    Topcashback claim they are not calling me a liar but they will not pay out because Argos have not paid them. I asked that they remove argos from their site but as this is not a common problem they will not do anything at all.
    I'm pretty sure if this had happened over at Quidco they would have had it sorted one way or another in less than a few months.
    Originally posted by thor
    Contact Argos complaints dept or customer services dept ask for an explanation as to why it has been declined. If you are not happy with the explanation inform them that you will contacting the Financial Ombudsmen Service. You cannot expect TCB to pay you if they haven't been paid. I've used Quidco before and they were useless
    • vm2pensioner
    • By vm2pensioner 16th Jun 17, 4:50 PM
    • 122 Posts
    • 49 Thanks
    vm2pensioner
    Hey everyone,

@vm2pensioner – I have received your tell a friend link via email today, I have just sent you an email with further instructions.
    Best wishes,
    Matt
    Yes - and you have asked me to send you an email to authenticate the account in reply from the address you never receive (yet again!).
    Hey everyone,

Hope you’ve all had a great weekend.

@sillygoose - Many thanks for that we’ll reply to you asap.

@ vm2pensioner – I am pleased I could help you via your email ��

Best wishes,
    Matt
    • thor
    • By thor 20th Jun 17, 1:28 AM
    • 5,178 Posts
    • 1,851 Thanks
    thor
    You cannot expect TCB to pay you if they haven't been paid. I've used Quidco before and they were useless
    Originally posted by Justice13075
    Before and since I began my tcb boycott I used quidco quite a lot and their customer support have always fixed any problems that have arisen including paying out of their own pocket. As tcb have pointed out to me, they will not do this so I prefer to use quidco whose support has done a far better job for me. I do appreciate however that there will be people who have the opposite experience but I can only go by my own and that is quidco all the way for me.
    • Schnurrbart
    • By Schnurrbart 20th Jun 17, 12:36 PM
    • 24 Posts
    • 19 Thanks
    Schnurrbart
    TCB Representative:

A transaction of mine reached has reached 'Confirmed'. The transaction qualifies for the £5 'Thank You' bonus offered in your email of 28/01/17, but this is not showing. Do I need to raise a ticket for the bonus now or when the status becomes 'Payable' - or will the bonus automatically be added once it reaches 'Payable'?

I clicked the offer T&Cs link in the original email in order to try and find out for myself, but the linked page no longer exists; after a minute or so I got the 'Whoopsie Daisy' error message.

Thanks in advance.

[Edit]:

Given the time frames involved when making cashback-eligible purchases, it would be very useful if T&Cs pages for specific bonuses, promotions, etc. could be archived on your website for reference (with a clear message that the offer has expired), obviating the need for enquiries such as this one. My tuppence worth.
    Last edited by Schnurrbart; 20-06-2017 at 12:44 PM. Reason: Additional comment
    Hey everyone

@thor As I cannot speak for other cashback providers and only ourselves, I will say that fair play is always at the core of our business. We review all claims as an individual matter while also balancing this bearing in mind the rest of the members that could be involved. Therefore we will only offer goodwill when it can be applied to everyone in the same situation.

@Schnurrbart If you would like us to look into this further and link you to the T&c’s on our website please drop me your email and I’d be happy to do so. The email address is MSE@topcashback.co.uk .

Best Wishes,
    Kee
    • Justice13075
    • By Justice13075 20th Jun 17, 7:35 PM
    • 896 Posts
    • 403 Thanks
    Justice13075
    Just a thought, why don't Topcashback pay, say 90% of the amount offered and then they claim the full amount back from the Merchant. So they will make 10% extra, but everyone would get paid Do you think they would quietly sit back and wait sometimes over 12 months to recover their monies, don't think so but that is what they ask us to do sometimes.
    Hey Justice13075,

It's an interesting question you pose. Whether we followed the plan you suggest or not we wouldn't be paid any quicker.

It's not in our interest to keep our members and so will do whatever we can to get the money paid asap.

Some sites may do as you say and make a cut so they can guarantee cashback. We'd rather offer you over 100% of the commission and treat all members equally when it comes to when they get paid.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    • By 2010 21st Jun 17, 4:44 PM
    • 4,127 Posts
    • 3,308 Thanks
    Just a thought, why don't Topcashback pay, say 90% of the amount offered and then they claim the full amount back from the Merchant. So they will make 10% extra, but everyone would get paid Do you think they would quietly sit back and wait sometimes over 12 months to recover their monies, don't think so but that is what they ask us to do sometimes.
    Originally posted by Justice13075
    These merchants already pay TCB a fat fee for letting them on their site in the fist place.

That`s why when well known non payers such as Shearings Holidays are allowed back even after being kicked off by TCB for continually non paying previously.

TCB probably gets a payback every time anyone clicks through to a merchant and makes a transaction.

So it`s a win-win for TCB but a long wait and a lot of frustration for the members.

You could literally wait forever because some merchants have no intention of paying cashback from the outset.

TCB are not waiting for their payment because they`ve already had it,----------------- twice.
    Once for letting them on the site and again when the members click through and make a transaction.
    Hey @2010 -

While some merchants offer bonuses for a certain amount of traffic which goes into bonuses etc every penny we get from the merchants for your transaction goes back to you and deviating from this is misleading. Some further information about this can be found here: https://www.topcashback.co.uk/Help/7

It's simply not true that untracked, declined or even incorrect cashback still remains positive for us. It means less transactions have tracked through us, it means less members are happy. That's why we have a dedicated claims team set up, that's why we invest so much in the claims system, because we need to be sure that when our members are eligible for the funds they are paid it.

I hope this clarifies everything.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    • By 2010 22nd Jun 17, 3:27 PM
    • 4,127 Posts
    • 3,308 Thanks
    I hope this clarifies everything.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    Why do you let well known non payers such as Shearings Holidays back onto your site.

Companies such as this take members money and have no intention of paying the cashback.
    Previously, TCB booted them off the site for that very reason.

So why have you let them back on it again, unless there`s a fat fee to be had?
    • wishuponastar
    • By wishuponastar 22nd Jun 17, 5:26 PM
    • 426 Posts
    • 615 Thanks
    wishuponastar
    Is almost 1 year to wait normal for a merchant?
    I signed up to TCB about 1 year ago and at the same time I switched my energy provider (dual fuel) to Good Energy, as the advertised rate of cashback was almost £80 (£79.xx to be exact) so compared to other providers even although the rates were slightly higher this seemed okay given the cashback was higher too. It was my first ever TCB transaction as I normally use quidco but someone recommended me to use TCB.

The cashback tracked and is confirmed but at a much lower rate of £50.xx.

I wrote to TCB and have done so at regular intervals since but I keep getting told they are still waiting on the merchant and thanking me for my patience. I keep asking how long I need to wait and more or less the same response keeps happening.

Has anyone else had problems with Good Energy not tracking correctly via TCB and how long were you kept waiting?

How do I go about resolving this? As I feel that TCB should be taking a firmer stance with Good Energy as it's reflecting on TCB but it's almost been a whole year.

I do have a screenshot showing the advertised rate initially if that helps.

Any advice appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,083Posts Today

8,066Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin