Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Andrea
    • By MSE Andrea 27th Mar 13, 2:23 PM
    • 8,728Posts
    • 20,992Thanks
    MSE Andrea
    0 WOW
    Topcashback Questions & Answers
    • 27th Mar 13, 2:23 PM
    0 WOW
    Topcashback Questions & Answers 27th Mar 13 at 2:23 PM
    MSE Additional reading:

You might like to read our latest Cashback sites news story: Are you a cashback site loser?

Back to the original post...

Hi everyone,

If you have a question you'd like to ask cashback website Topcashback directly, post your question below and it will try to answer. If you want to discuss other cashback sites then please start a separate thread if there isn't one already.

Please remember referral links are not permitted. If you want to post a referral you can do it on the Topcashback referrals thread.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 27-10-2015 at 9:51 AM.
    Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Facebook, MSE Deals Twitter, Forum Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
Page 176
    • molerat
    • By molerat 19th May 17, 8:22 AM
    • 17,335 Posts
    • 11,518 Thanks
    molerat
    When using TCB for grocery shopping, do I need a separate receipt for each item, or say can 3 items on same receipt for the photo upload.
    Originally posted by mutley74
    All can be on the same receipt.
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk/donations.html
    • B_M
    • By B_M 19th May 17, 9:41 AM
    • 585 Posts
    • 444 Thanks
    B_M

@B_M when a traveller submits an online booking request that is accepted
    Originally posted by TopCashBack Company Representative
    Thanks again Matt.
    I've clicked through via TCB and made an enquiry. See how it goes, although when you can't book instantly online and the booking calendar hasn't been updated, it may not be available.

I'll update as and when, but many thanks.
    No payments from financial products from cash back sites? Put in a complaint direct and if they don't resolve your issue, head straight to the financial ombudsman - it costs the company £550 in referral fees, win or lose.
  • TopCashBack Company Representative
    Hey everyone,

@ mutley74 – You can upload the same receipt for multiple offers which means if you buy everything on the same receipt that is ok ��

@ littlereddevil – This decision is made by the cashback network, rather than TopCashback. Although it is called the last referrer it doesn’t mean you didn’t click through TopCashback and purchased straight away.

Cookies can last on your device up to around 45 days, this means one of the websites you visited in the last 45 days could be paid the commission. This is why we advise members to clear cookies and cache before purchasing as this can prevent this declined reason from happening.

@ B_M – No worries at all, if you need any further help at all just let me know ��

I hope everyone has a lovely weekend.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • Ivana B Rich
    • By Ivana B Rich 19th May 17, 1:29 PM
    • 271 Posts
    • 366 Thanks
    Ivana B Rich
    Hey everyone,

@ Ivana B Rich – If the support on the help page does not assist I can also get this sorted if you email me at mse@topcashback.co.uk

Best wishes,
    Matt

Thank you Matt. My account has now been authenticated again. I will let you know if the issue returns.

Many thanks
    Saving a house deposit. Member no.7 100% of target

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
    You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    • mutley74
    • By mutley74 20th May 17, 10:09 AM
    • 3,707 Posts
    • 1,255 Thanks
    mutley74
    cant get the app to work properly on my Sony android, keeps crashing when photo is taken, what does "stitch photo" mean?
    • B_M
    • By B_M 20th May 17, 12:29 PM
    • 585 Posts
    • 444 Thanks
    B_M

@B_M when a traveller submits an online booking request that is accepted
    My request to book on my required dates were accepted and via conversations with the owner, I was advised I had to pay by cheque. Cheque sent for full payment, but I seriously can't see how any tracking could work in this situation. Am I missing something, or were my concerns viable?
    Even if I submit a claim, I can't see how my booking can be 'witnessed'. Odd one.
    No payments from financial products from cash back sites? Put in a complaint direct and if they don't resolve your issue, head straight to the financial ombudsman - it costs the company £550 in referral fees, win or lose.
    • jasonwatkins
    • By jasonwatkins 22nd May 17, 8:13 AM
    • 1,955 Posts
    • 664 Thanks
    jasonwatkins
    I've probably asked this a million and one times, but how often are the BACS runs done please ?

My Three cashback finally became payable on Friday and I requested a BACS payment probably after 4pm, so I'm kind of hoping it'll be processed today.

Thanks..
    Hey everyone,

@Ivana B Rich – That is great news to hear!

@mutley74 – We are in the process of releasing a new and refreshed app and so hopefully this improves your experience in the near future. Stitch photo means stitching two images into one submission.
    While you encounter this issue you can upload on the desktop site by searching snap & save as the merchant.

@B_M – If this doesn’t track please can you lodge a claim so we can get the transaction queried?

@jasonwatkins = Mostly this is every working day and so this should be sent today or tomorrow at the latest.

Many thanks,
    Matt
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • jasonwatkins
    • By jasonwatkins 22nd May 17, 7:11 PM
    • 1,955 Posts
    • 664 Thanks
    jasonwatkins
    Matt,

Thanks for the reply. Got confirmation that the payment has been sent today so all is good
    • B_M
    • By B_M 22nd May 17, 9:35 PM
    • 585 Posts
    • 444 Thanks
    B_M

@B_M – If this doesn’t track please can you lodge a claim so we can get the transaction queried?
    Thanks, but I honestly can't see how it could track. If the payment hasn't gone via Owner's Direct (OD), how can it finalise and track?
    My concern about raising a claim is, I may be dropping the owner in it! Do the owners have to pay OD a fee for a booking? Is this where the cashback rate comes from? Is paying externally an option for owners to avoid OD fees?
    Until they 'force' all owners to accept payments online via OD, I can see an issue.
    If I've got this wrong, please correct me.
    • By 2010 23rd May 17, 11:08 AM
    • 4,158 Posts
    • 3,326 Thanks
    I see that TCB couldn`t resist letting Shearings Holidays back on your site.

This company was notorious for not paying out the cashback that it promised and it took me well over a year to get mine after finally threatening the small claims and shaming them on their Facebook page.

Why after kicking them of your site, have you let them back.
    This is a company with a proven track record of NOT paying the cashback.
    TCB know this but have let them back on the site again.

Do all your members a favour and bar them again before there are more problems with getting cashback.
    There is no way you can defend a proven non payer being on your site.

For once Matt don`t waffle, just ban them.
    Hey everyone,

@jasonwatkins - I am really pleased this has come through to you.

@B_M - I am afraid we do not know the ins and outs on how the merchant works with the owners on their site. However, having just looked at the website I can say I can see a lot of bookings that can be made straight away, without a request form.

@2010 - I am sorry you had issues with this merchant. I will of course pass your feedback on to the team who add merchants on the site. I can assure you a lot of consideration is given to adding a merchant on the site.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    • Oakdene
    • By Oakdene 23rd May 17, 4:34 PM
    • 1,349 Posts
    • 3,885 Thanks
    Oakdene
    Just as a thought, would it be possible for the TCB app to alert you when CB goes from confirmed to payable...
    • By 2010 23rd May 17, 6:48 PM
    • 4,158 Posts
    • 3,326 Thanks
    Hey everyone,

@2010 - I am sorry you had issues with this merchant. I will of course pass your feedback on to the team who add merchants on the site. I can assure you a lot of consideration is given to adding a merchant on the site.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    Shearings have a track record of non payment of cashback which you are well aware of because you removed them (finally after a lot of hassle to members) in the past.

When TCB know a company dodges paying cashback but then adds them to the site again, after many complaints, you are doing a great disservice to your members.

A leopard does not change it`s spots and you should remove Shearings asap.
    • Dirkin
    • By Dirkin 24th May 17, 12:05 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Dirkin
    I went through Topcashback on the 22nd April 2016 for their Get Sky Broadband Unlimited free for 12 months plus a £100 M&S e-voucher off which came with £65 cashback. I've been chasing this for over a year now, with only one update back on the 26th Jan 2017 saying that you experiencing a delay with the merchant with nothing since. I'm not being funny but it's pretty poor considering just how many nudges I have now sent and the length of time that has passed. I've now paid for the entire year and carried on as a customer with Sky so they should be able to see I am still with them if that's the issue.

Is there any chance you might be able to look into it please?
    • Justice13075
    • By Justice13075 24th May 17, 1:07 PM
    • 1,013 Posts
    • 425 Thanks
    Justice13075
    The longer you let Topcashback off the hook the longer it will take you to get paid or not. I have also been waiting over 12 months and decided to take matters into my own hands by contacting the merchant and setting out that if this not paid I will hand this over to the Financial Ombudsman Service to deal with then the same claims court if necessary. They don't like you contacting the merchant but tough.
    I am waiting for their reply which I will post.
    Hey everyone,

@Oakdene - Thanks for your suggestion. We are currently working on the app and so it is certainly a suggestion I can make.

@2010 – Many thanks for your feedback. If you do not wish to make a purchase based on past experience that is completely up to you.

@Dirkin – I am sorry to hear your claim has not been resolved yet. If you drop me an email to mse@topcashback.co.uk I can certainly look into this further for you.

@Justice13075 – We chase up slow payments and no responses to claims very regularly. We do not just ‘stop’ when members do not get in touch. If you need any help I kindly ask you to email mse@topcashback.co.uk or submit a support ticket.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    • By 2010 24th May 17, 3:21 PM
    • 4,158 Posts
    • 3,326 Thanks
    Hey everyone,

@2010 – Many thanks for your feedback. If you do not wish to make a purchase based on past experience that is completely up to you.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    That reply just about sums up your contempt for your members.

A well known non payer of cashback like Shearings Holidays is added to your site again and all you can say is don`t use them.

It`s little wonder there are so many complaints on this thread for non payers when TCB actively encourages them.

Pathetic.
    • B_M
    • By B_M 24th May 17, 4:03 PM
    • 585 Posts
    • 444 Thanks
    B_M

@B_M - I am afraid we do not know the ins and outs on how the merchant works with the owners on their site. However, having just looked at the website I can say I can see a lot of bookings that can be made straight away, without a request form.
    Yes, some booking can be made immediately, others need a request to confirm dates are ok. Owners Direct do state that cheque payments are a viable payment method, so that shouldn't be a problem. I've had acknowledgement of receipt of my cheque and my dates are no longer able to be booked, so looks like the owners have updated their bookings calendar. Once I have confirmation my cheque has cleared, I'll submit a missing cashback claim.
    I do understand the reviews though.
    TCB may consider getting clarification with this merchant and post details on the merchants page.
    I'll add my review in due course, good or bad. I don't just leave bad reviews.
    • Justice13075
    • By Justice13075 24th May 17, 6:15 PM
    • 1,013 Posts
    • 425 Thanks
    Justice13075
    I am still waiting for cashback from items I bought more than 12 months ago. I have had enough and have directly contacted the merchant who is looking into this for me. If I had to wait for a reply from Topcasback I'd still be here next year. My advice is to contact the merchant yourselves.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,414Posts Today

9,387Users online

Martin's Twitter