Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Andrea
    • By MSE Andrea 27th Mar 13, 2:23 PM
    • 8,384Posts
    • 20,467Thanks
    MSE Andrea
    0 WOW
    Topcashback Questions & Answers
    • 27th Mar 13, 2:23 PM
    0 WOW
    Topcashback Questions & Answers 27th Mar 13 at 2:23 PM
    MSE Additional reading:

You might like to read our latest Cashback sites news story: Are you a cashback site loser?

Back to the original post...

Hi everyone,

If you have a question you'd like to ask cashback website Topcashback directly, post your question below and it will try to answer. If you want to discuss other cashback sites then please start a separate thread if there isn't one already.

Please remember referral links are not permitted. If you want to post a referral you can do it on the Topcashback referrals thread.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 27-10-2015 at 9:51 AM.

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Facebook, MSE Deals Twitter, Forum Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
Page 173
  • TopCashBack Company Representative
    Hi everyone,

I hope that you all enjoyed the long weekend!

@thor - Sometimes when contacting the merchant directly, the department that you speak with may not always be aware of what cashback is and how this works so you may not always get a helpful response in relation to your query. Have you been in touch with Matt via email regarding your transaction at all? If you would like me to have a look into this claim further for you then please send me an email to mse@topcashback.co.uk and I would be happy to see if there is anything more that can be done here to assist.

@bristolleedsfan - The only reason that we ask members not to contact the merchant directly is because due to working via an affiliate network, the department, usually customer services, which you speak to are not always made aware of these types of offers and therefore, may not be able to provide accurate resolutions in relation to what is being queried.

@digital - faster paying means that once confirmed, your transaction should then move to payable for you within 14 days, please be aware though that some merchants do have set validation periods so we do need to allow these to pass before the transaction is then confirmed by them and can go on to be paid. If you hover over the little information icon next to the faster paying logo this will provide you with some further information.

I hope that this helps everyone and enjoy the rest of your day!

Best wishes,
    Samantha
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • digital
    • By digital 18th Apr 17, 4:34 PM
    • 194 Posts
    • 21 Thanks
    digital
    'Faster paying' to me means that I will be paid faster with that merchant than I would be with the majority. It does not mean 'faster once we have made you wait 21 weeks'.

I do have to say that TCB are fast losing the plot when it comes to clarity. And that includes showing 'best rated' rather than 'latest' as the default in review listings.
    digital
    • cm7
    • By cm7 18th Apr 17, 4:55 PM
    • 230 Posts
    • 223 Thanks
    cm7
    'Faster paying' to me means that I will be paid faster with that merchant than I would be with the majority. It does not mean 'faster once we have made you wait 21 weeks'.

I do have to say that TCB are fast losing the plot when it comes to clarity. And that includes showing 'best rated' rather than 'latest' as the default in review listings.
    Originally posted by digital
    Everything on every merchant page is designed to get you to click through. None of it is for information purposes, I've found it's easier to assume it's all lies.
    • fezster
    • By fezster 19th Apr 17, 8:40 AM
    • 179 Posts
    • 89 Thanks
    fezster

@fezster – I have just double checked with the Claims Team and can confirm this is the normal process for this merchant and nothing to worry about at all. The main reasons for cashback being declined would be us not being deemed as the last referrer. Unfortunately, we can't foresee if your claim will be successful or declined but I do really hope we can get you the cashback through your claims.
    Best wishes,
    Matt
    Originally posted by TopCashBack Company Representative

Hi Matt.

Following up on this, the booking end date has now passed. One of my claims has been submitted to the merchant, but the other is still in "Ready to submit" state (despite me sending a message and doing a nudge) - could you confirm when this will also be submitted?

Also, how long do Expedia usually take to come back on these?

Thanks.
    Good afternoon!

@digital, this will still be faster then some merchants but we do have to allow any validation periods to pass, depending on what has been purchased this can take a few months but as soon as your transaction is then confirmed, this should then move to payable within 14 days of confirming.

@Fezster, could you let me know your email address and the merchant so that I can take a better look and provide you with an update? You will be able to send this to me at mse@topcashback.co.uk.

Thanks and enjoy the rest of your day!

Best wishes,
    Samantha
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • JPears
    • By JPears 20th Apr 17, 4:45 PM
    • 2,986 Posts
    • 847 Thanks
    JPears
    latest ruse by TCB, after trying to send a message about on ongoing claim with Toys R Us that goes back to November 2015 (yes really) I get a pathetic picture of a dog and this message:
    Whoopsie Daisy!
    Something seems to have gone wrong...
    Don't panic, we have detected a problem

We’ll keep our eyes and ears open to try and find out what’s happened, but in the meantime, why not head back to our homepage or get back on track with one of the links below:
    If this error persists, then please feel free to contact us with this error code:1195172047
    You bet something has gone wrong. The whole TCB system is a bag of !!!!!.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
    • thor
    • By thor 21st Apr 17, 2:54 AM
    • 5,180 Posts
    • 1,852 Thanks
    thor
    Hi everyone,

I hope that you all enjoyed the long weekend!

@thor - Sometimes when contacting the merchant directly, the department that you speak with may not always be aware of what cashback is and how this works so you may not always get a helpful response in relation to your query. Have you been in touch with Matt via email regarding your transaction at all? If you would like me to have a look into this claim further for you then please send me an email to mse@topcashback.co.uk and I would be happy to see if there is anything more that can be done here to assist.

Best wishes,
    Samantha
    Ok Samantha, I have fired off an email with the hope that you can resolve this issue for me so that I can report back to Mse that my near 2 year problem has been dealt with.
    Hey everyone,

Happy Friday!

@JPears - I am sorry to hear you are having issues. Please email mse@topcashback.co.uk with information about whether you are trying to lodge a claim or query its progress.

@thor - Cheers for that, we'll reply to that as soon as we can.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    • washable
    • By washable 22nd Apr 17, 9:50 AM
    • 24 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    washable
    Hi I am waiting for payment for a purchase for insurance from Nationwide.Date purchased was 24th October 6 months was the time frame and it is still sitting as pending.
    Can you help
    Thanks
    • molerat
    • By molerat 22nd Apr 17, 10:10 AM
    • 16,796 Posts
    • 10,992 Thanks
    molerat
    Has the grocery app been officially deemed awful and scrapped ?
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk/donations.html
    • Shackeng
    • By Shackeng 22nd Apr 17, 4:14 PM
    • 19 Posts
    • 21 Thanks
    Shackeng
    100% correct.
    But first, you have to make a complaint (must be stipulated as a complaint) direct to the Co-op Bank and allow them to investigate. They will have 8 weeks to reach a decision, either uphold or dismiss your complaint. If dismissed, The Financial Ombudsman will take on your case, but it rarely gets that far.

Complaint could be - non-payment of promoted cashback from your agent (TCB) for taking out a financial product (ie mis-selling).
    They may tell you your complaint is with TCB, but that would be false. Topcashback are only classed as an 'Appointed Representative' (AR) and the Co-op Bank is classed as the 'principal'. The FCA state all complaints regarding their AR's should be made direct to the 'principal' as they are totally responsible for their AR's. Take no garbage, those are the facts.
    Also, go for compensation. I'd go for £100 minimum. Even if they uphold your complaint and agree your cashback, they may decline your compensation request, or offer less. You can still accept the cashback and continue with the FOS (Co-op will advise you of this) and let an adjudicator decide on the compensation. Compensation levels of £150 have been achieved with TCB / Co-op Bank promotions that have gone wrong.

Good luck, but for the future, never allow a financial cashback to go longer than 4 months. Complain then and all should be resolved within 8 weeks (but usually a couple of weeks).

This may help - https://register.fca.org.uk/ShPo_firmdetailsPage?id=001b000000MgCI0AAN
    Originally posted by B_M
    Thanks to the advice here, regarding lack of payment of cashback from Co-op insurance after 15 months from TCB, I raised a complaint with the Co-Op direct, and full marks to them, I have now been sent a cheque for £138, which is the cashback amount £63, plus £75 compensation, with the option to complain to the Ombudsman. After 15 months is this reasonable, it would seem fair to me?
    • B_M
    • By B_M 23rd Apr 17, 8:30 AM
    • 519 Posts
    • 364 Thanks
    B_M
    Thanks to the advice here, regarding lack of payment of cashback from Co-op insurance after 15 months from TCB, I raised a complaint with the Co-Op direct, and full marks to them, I have now been sent a cheque for £138, which is the cashback amount £63, plus £75 compensation, with the option to complain to the Ombudsman. After 15 months is this reasonable, it would seem fair to me?
    Originally posted by Shackeng
    Well done and in a reasonable time.
    It's a proven route now, yet TCB may state you were 'lucky'!
    Who offered the £75? Or, was that just given?
    It's up to you really to decide, but you could push for more and without it affecting what you have received. You could ask for more against their agent (AR), which is TCB. 15 months is a very long time for what could simply be resolved within a few weeks. TCB could have advised you of the route to take and they didn't! An angle for more compensation?
    I use a two pronged attack now, one mis-selling and another against their AR. TCB advise not to contact the merchant (wrong advice), their stats are manipulated, they don't have a recognised complaints procedure and refuse to escalate complaints. When I ask for compensation now, I ask for it against their AR and advise them as a 'principal', they are responsible for the actions (or lack of) of their agents. It's up to them whether the attitude of their agents is acceptable.
    Good luck whatever you decide, but at least you now know of a proven route. Hopefully others will take notice and if not paid cashback for financial product purchases within 4 months, follow that proven path.
    Cashback just a possibility? Then why are the merchants coughing up when they receive complaints? Why are they paying compensation?
    I'll be doing just that with Aviva in a couple of more weeks I'd imagine.
    See if I get 'lucky' yet again.
    A shame TCB can't be as 'lucky'.
    No payments from financial products from cash back sites? Put in a complaint direct and if they don't resolve your issue, head straight to the financial ombudsman - it costs the company £550 in referral fees, win or lose.
    • JPears
    • By JPears 23rd Apr 17, 2:53 PM
    • 2,986 Posts
    • 847 Thanks
    JPears
    Hey everyone,

Happy Friday!

@JPears - I am sorry to hear you are having issues. Please email mse@topcashback.co.uk with information about whether you are trying to lodge a claim or query its progress.

@thor - Cheers for that, we'll reply to that as soon as we can.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    I am trying to send a message about an existing query that has been ongoing since Jan 2016 (purchase Dec 2015) with Toys R Us.
    As usual, your company has been completely useless at chasing up a merchant with the usual bovine excrement and excuses. It no surprise that i rarely use TCB now. Very few merchants I want to use appear on the list and trying to get payment really just isn't worht th hassle and grief TCB create. It would appear that its not necessarily the actual merchant but you TCB and the middlemen affiliates that cause all the problems and non-payment.
    I used to recommend TCB to friends. I don't now.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
    • Shackeng
    • By Shackeng 23rd Apr 17, 4:33 PM
    • 19 Posts
    • 21 Thanks
    Shackeng
    Well done and in a reasonable time.
    It's a proven route now, yet TCB may state you were 'lucky'!
    Who offered the £75? Or, was that just given?
    It's up to you really to decide, but you could push for more and without it affecting what you have received. You could ask for more against their agent (AR), which is TCB. 15 months is a very long time for what could simply be resolved within a few weeks. TCB could have advised you of the route to take and they didn't! An angle for more compensation?
    I use a two pronged attack now, one mis-selling and another against their AR. TCB advise not to contact the merchant (wrong advice), their stats are manipulated, they don't have a recognised complaints procedure and refuse to escalate complaints. When I ask for compensation now, I ask for it against their AR and advise them as a 'principal', they are responsible for the actions (or lack of) of their agents. It's up to them whether the attitude of their agents is acceptable.
    Good luck whatever you decide, but at least you now know of a proven route. Hopefully others will take notice and if not paid cashback for financial product purchases within 4 months, follow that proven path.
    Cashback just a possibility? Then why are the merchants coughing up when they receive complaints? Why are they paying compensation?
    I'll be doing just that with Aviva in a couple of more weeks I'd imagine.
    See if I get 'lucky' yet again.
    A shame TCB can't be as 'lucky'.
    Originally posted by B_M
    The Co-op sent me a cheque for the whole amount, £138. I thought it was not bad, but I will contact them to try for more. Thanks very much for the advice.
    • sillygoose
    • By sillygoose 23rd Apr 17, 4:47 PM
    • 3,840 Posts
    • 3,761 Thanks
    sillygoose
    @TopCashBack Company Representative please.

I just took out an insurance policy with RIAS, it tracked instantly and is showing the expected £65.00 pending, but its also showing another line for RIAS, same purchase and date but for only £0.01.

Can you explain why that is and reassure me the £65 (or both!) will be paid and not just the £0.01 as I still have time to cancel the policy if there is a problem. Thanks.
    • molly57.
    • By molly57. 23rd Apr 17, 5:18 PM
    • 84 Posts
    • 52 Thanks
    molly57.
    I have been blocked from using my Topcashback account. I have not changed my email address and password and the site will not accept either. When I ask to reset my password I am told my email address is wrong. When I try to send a "support ticket" I cannot do this until I log in. When I try the "contact us" approach it is the same I cannot do this without logging in. I am going round in circles.

Has my account been hacked and my pending cashback stolen?

Does anyone have an email address for help at topcashback? I sent an email just now to support@topcashback.co.uk and it has bounced back saying it is an unmonitored email box. The links provided are as above - I can't use them unless I log in even the one about not being able to log in says send a "support ticket"
    Last edited by molly57.; 23-04-2017 at 5:30 PM. Reason: Additional info
    • Browntoa
    • By Browntoa 23rd Apr 17, 5:26 PM
    • 31,535 Posts
    • 37,233 Thanks
    Browntoa
    I have been blocked from using my Topcashback account. I have not changed my email address and password and the site will not accept either. When I ask to reset my password I am told my email address is wrong. When I try to send a "support ticket" I cannot do this until I log in. When I try the "contact us" approach it is the same I cannot do this without logging in. I am going round in circles.

Has my account been hacked and my pending cashback stolen?
    Originally posted by molly57.

email mse@topcashback.co.uk
    I'm the Board Guide of the Referrers ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's and Discount Code boards which means I'm a volunteer to help them run smoothly and I can move and merge posts there. However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    • B_M
    • By B_M 24th Apr 17, 7:36 AM
    • 519 Posts
    • 364 Thanks
    B_M
    The Co-op sent me a cheque for the whole amount, £138. I thought it was not bad, but I will contact them to try for more. Thanks very much for the advice.
    Originally posted by Shackeng
    You can only gain from asking for more, but you should have been asked what you were looking for. £150 has been achieved from the Co-op! The compensation was decent, but you have been let down badly by TCB. 15 months? Remember, TCB have both a 'mission statement' and a 'fair play policy'. Why? Both have failed you here!
    It's sad, even bad, that to resolve your issue, you had to gain the knowledge from a consumer forum. Again, TCB failed here. Instead of telling you their team was 'working hard', they could have advised of the proven route. Yes, 'proven' and not 'lucky'. Working hard for 15 months and failing? A member works 'hard' for a few days and achieves what TCB couldn't. Hype from TCB? You decide. But, if they can't achieve what they promote within 15 months, heads should roll! Replace the dead wood and gather a more competent team!
    Good luck with your claim for more compensation, but I believe you will get it. £100 in total would be nice and I can't see the Co-op risking a FOS penalty (£550 referral fee if it reaches an adjudicator) and of course hours of extra work for an additional £25. TCB could of course offer you some compensation for their failings! But, the Co-op are fully responsible for 'agents' and any issues, simply remind them.

Topcashback Ltd Status: Appointed representative (Reference number: 476080) This is a firm or individual that can act on behalf of another firm (its principal) that is authorised in the UK or regulated in another EEA country. The principal is responsible for the appointed representative's activities.
    One option would be to ask if the original cashback could be moved to payable and kept by yourself as compensation. I have had this before.

I'm looking forward to your update as it will help others, but also see what the TCB response is. Will they dare tell you on a public consumer forum, that you were 'lucky'? Do the decent thing TCB and give a full and open apology and admit you failed!
    Last edited by B_M; 24-04-2017 at 7:43 AM.
    No payments from financial products from cash back sites? Put in a complaint direct and if they don't resolve your issue, head straight to the financial ombudsman - it costs the company £550 in referral fees, win or lose.
    • molly57.
    • By molly57. 24th Apr 17, 8:42 AM
    • 84 Posts
    • 52 Thanks
    molly57.
    I have two responses directing me to this page. I can see nothing about other people not being able to log in just about their problems with their claims. I have emailed mse@topcashback.co.uk as directed yesterday and am waiting for a reply.
    • steve1500
    • By steve1500 24th Apr 17, 9:03 AM
    • 938 Posts
    • 622 Thanks
    steve1500
    Pay out to Avios seems to have vanished!!
    Private Parking Tickets is my way of telling the wife to use her car and not mine
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,275Posts Today

10,701Users online

Martin's Twitter