Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Andrea
    • By MSE Andrea 27th Mar 13, 2:23 PM
    • 7,904Posts
    • 19,719Thanks
    MSE Andrea
    0 WOW
    Topcashback Questions & Answers
    • 27th Mar 13, 2:23 PM
    0 WOW
    Topcashback Questions & Answers 27th Mar 13 at 2:23 PM
    MSE Additional reading:

You might like to read our latest Cashback sites news story: Are you a cashback site loser?

Back to the original post...

Hi everyone,

If you have a question you'd like to ask cashback website Topcashback directly, post your question below and it will try to answer. If you want to discuss other cashback sites then please start a separate thread if there isn't one already.

Please remember referral links are not permitted. If you want to post a referral you can do it on the Topcashback referrals thread.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 27-10-2015 at 9:51 AM.

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Facebook, MSE Deals Twitter, Forum Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
Page 146
    • steve1500
    • By steve1500 17th Oct 16, 12:11 PM
    • 877 Posts
    • 592 Thanks
    steve1500
    The submit a query page appears to broken. Been trying to query why my wife's transaction hasn't reached payable.

But every time I press the submit button I get the dog -

Tried three different computers
    Private Parking Tickets is my way of telling the wife to use her car and not mine
  • TopCashBack Company Representative
    Hi Everyone,

I hope you are having an enjoyable start to the week.

@B_M - Thanks for your feedback regarding the ad, the advert doesn't go into too much details into how to earn cashback, rather gauge interest in TopCashback and explain that it's about earning cashback on products you buy everyday. Something which I am sure you are very knowledgeable on already, being such a long standing member of our site.

I know you fully understand there are other commission and cashback sites out there and understand that they also have their own claims processes that need to be dealt with accordingly by the network. As explained in my response, it's certainly not a fair expectation that TopCashback claims to be dealt with any differently to others and this includes leapfrogging other companies.

@steve1500 - I do believe the matter has been resolved but if you prefer, feel free to drop me an email to mse@topcashback.co.uk .Please be aware I can only take a look into transactions on your own account in this instance.

I do hope this helps you both.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • steve1500
    • By steve1500 17th Oct 16, 7:36 PM
    • 877 Posts
    • 592 Thanks
    steve1500
    Hi Everyone,

@steve1500 - I do believe the matter has been resolved but if you prefer, feel free to drop me an email to mse@topcashback.co.uk .Please be aware I can only take a look into transactions on your own account in this instance.
    Originally posted by TopCashBack Company Representative

Still broken
    Private Parking Tickets is my way of telling the wife to use her car and not mine
    • bristolleedsfan
    • By bristolleedsfan 18th Oct 16, 4:50 AM
    • 7,383 Posts
    • 9,561 Thanks
    bristolleedsfan
    CO-OPERATIVE BANK ACCOUNT - 126.25 - Confirmed Then Declined

While your claims are being looked into, TopCashback is also doing some overall investigations into what has happened with these.

Best wishes,
    Matt

18 October 2016

Customer Resolution Investigator
    Co-operative Bank

Re: Your letter 10 October 2016 - ref ,,,,,,,,,,

My complaint related to a Current Account affiliate marketing promotion that Co-operative Bank promoted/marketed sold for a cashback reward of 125.00 via www.topcashback.co.uk on 18 April 2016. I complained of Cashback Misselling - Apparent Failure To Honour/Pay In A Timely Manner An Advertised/Promoted Cashback Incentive Via Third Party - www.topcashback.co.uk For Successfully Opening Account Number And Completing A Full Switch.

800.00 deposited every month from outside source

Salary/Pension credit credited to account every month since May 2016

4 direct debits paid out every month

Full switch completed with switched in account closed

I have not previously received a Cashback Incentive from Cooperative Bank via "any" "CashbackSite" "Moneysupermarket.com! is a "Comparison Site" as opposed to a "Cashback Site"

T+C posted on TCB website did not bar existing customers who had previously received incentives from any source with exception of via TCB, paid in 800.00 during any previous months from the cashback offer that I accepted and duly went on to fulfill all T+C. T+C posted on TCB website

As I told you during Phone Call - Co-operative Bank/TCB T+C are plastered all across forums.moneysavingexpert.com

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5387309#3 - January 2016

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5387309&page=13#245 - April 2016 - Cashback value offered merely varied as illustrated by this thread

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5444472&highlight=coop+bank

During Phone Call when I mentioned transaction was confirmed you answered "it was confirmed was it" this indicates that you know how cashback incentives via cashback sites work.

Following your Phone Call I sent secure messages relaying the T+C from TCB website which related to 125.00 cashback incentive - Cooperative Bank offered via TCB

The transaction tracked and was subsequently confirmed on/around 12 July, confirmed means in the words of TCB "Confirmed means we have been alerted that we are eligible for the commission and will be paid in due course"

Five Months and a week after the transaction date in common with many other users on www.moneysavingexpert.com forums the transaction was rejected, TCB inform me it has been given no apparent reason for this.

18 Apr 2016 £0.00 £126.25 declined

On 27th September I submitted to TCB an appeal claim against Cooperative Bank decline of above transaction - This was and remains only response

06 Oct 2016 - TCB - Member Id ..........
    Hi There,
    Sorry to contact you out of the blue, we have recently been advised that The Co-operative Bank require further information for us to be able to submit claims so that they can successfully look into the transaction and resolve claims.
    As we are still waiting for the exact information that they require, we are placing your claim on hold until we receive this information.
    Once we receive this information, we will be in touch to request this and then we will submit your claim for review.
    Sorry for the inconvenience this may cause.
    Regards

I asked -

1. Are Co-operative Bank aware that FCA state all promotions should be paid within four months in this electronic world?

Why after 5.5 Months have I not been paid 125.00 cashback incentive for successfully participating in Cooperative Bank marketing promotion via TCB on 18th April?

2. What is the reason for my apparent valid promotion transaction having been rejected/refused for payment.

Why did you respond by quoting and attaching a screenshot of Cooperative Bank T+C relating to Co-Operative Bank 150.00 switch offer which has been offered directly via Co-Operative Bank via its own website since 3 May 2016?

TCB merely included this information on its website, clue is in opening words of the screen shot
    "In addition to the cashback offer from TCB The Cooperative Bank is also offering ......"

Do you agree that Cooperative Bank 150.00 switch offer offered via Cooperative Bank website screen shot you attached started on 3 May 2016?

Cooperative Bank confirmed TCB cashback transaction of 125.00 on 12 July- Was that a mistake by Cooperative Bank?

Cooperative Bank declined TCB cashback transaction of 125.00 on/around 25 September Was that a mistake by Cooperative Bank?

Do you agree that you made a mistake by answering my concerns/complaint re non payment of TCB 125.00 cashback incentive from 18th April 2016 by quoting and sending a screen shot of Cooperative Bank 150.00 switch offer which started on 3 May 2016 via its own website?

Why have Cooperative Bank made - there is some suggestion -one mistake too many in relation to its marketing promotion/incentive offer/attempts to buy current account market share via offering a TCB cashback incentive TCB?

Why are Cooperative Bank as evidenced by many posts on Moneysavingexpert forum attempting to renage on many confirmed TCB confirmed transactions?

Moneysavingexpert forum evidences many people have had Co-operative Bank/TCB confirmed transactions from different value cashback promotions subsequently rejected, Why have Co-operative Bank made so many mistakes?

I am giving Co-operative Bank a second opportunity to resolve my complaint thus avoiding a likely FCA fee, Cooperative Bank making itself look incredibly ridiculous in the eyes of FCA.

Your failure to respond to my initial complaint with a response that actually related to the issue presented to you - namely 125.00 cashback offer T+C offered via TCB on 18th April 2016 has caused me further unnecessary wasted time/inconvenience/stress -

It is now over 6 Months since I participated in Cooperative Bank selling of Current Accounts/ marketing incentive promotion via TCB

In order to resolve this complaint please pay me -

125.00 that Cooperative Bank offered via TCB on 18th April - T+C I met in full

100.00 compensation

In the event that you issue another apparent negative aka "in denial" response to me and/or dont settle my complaint as I have requested above I wont hesitate to complain to FCA.

Yours Sincerely
    • RATBIKENEE
    • By RATBIKENEE 18th Oct 16, 11:05 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    RATBIKENEE
    Hi I use top cashback, I bought john Lewis car insurance based on cashback amount. and weeks later I am told that they would not be paying any cashback out when its to late to cancel or change insurances I logged a complaint but got fob off with waffle. What stops this happing time and time again with other companies
    the cashback monies was the only reason I picked this company.
    thanks nee
    • mjm3346
    • By mjm3346 18th Oct 16, 12:47 PM
    • 31,036 Posts
    • 182,334 Thanks
    mjm3346
    Hi I use top cashback, I bought john Lewis car insurance based on cashback amount. and weeks later I am told that they would not be paying any cashback out when its to late to cancel or change insurances I logged a complaint but got fob off with waffle. What stops this happing time and time again with other companies
    thanks nee
    Originally posted by RATBIKENEE

As per the guidance

Think of cashback as a bonus only - it's not guaranteed

Tracking problems occur for many people using cashback sites. There are times when you'll expect to be paid but won't be.

If you do have problems getting paid, remember you need to contact the cashback site directly, not MSE. We just tell you about the top paying sites.

However, it's not just problems with cashback sites. They get the money from the retailers or product providers. Disputes in this area are common, so sometimes the cashback site doesn't receive the cash either.

Plus, unlike when you get cashback from a retailer, which is part of the product T&Cs, here you've fewer rights. The best way to approach this is to consider cashback as a bonus if you get it, but don't let it drive your purchasing decisions
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/cashback-websites
    • By 2010 18th Oct 16, 1:18 PM
    • 4,049 Posts
    • 3,266 Thanks
    1. Think of cashback as a bonus only - it's not guaranteed
      Tracking problems occur for many people using cashback sites. There are times when you'll expect to be paid but won't be.
      If you do have problems getting paid, remember you need to contact the cashback site directly, not MSE. We just tell you about the top paying sites.
      However, it's not just problems with cashback sites. They get the money from the retailers or product providers. Disputes in this area are common, so sometimes the cashback site doesn't receive the cash either.
      Plus, unlike when you get cashback from a retailer, which is part of the product T&Cs, here you've fewer rights. The best way to approach this is to consider cashback as a bonus if you get it, but don't let it drive your purchasing decisions.
    The above is taken from an MSE article about cashback sites.

The fact remains that NOBODY would bother using cashback sites if they didn`t expect to get the cashback.

The above bold first line should actually be on the home page of every cashback site, preferably flashing as a warning that it`s not guaranteed.

Why don`t these sites make it absolutely crystal clear on their home page that cashback is not guaranteed?

Because NOBODY would use them, that`s why.

The other thing people keep forgetting is they have their own legal rights and should use them more often when facing "brickwall companies".

https://www.gov.uk/make-money-claim-online
    • bristolleedsfan
    • By bristolleedsfan 18th Oct 16, 1:57 PM
    • 7,383 Posts
    • 9,561 Thanks
    bristolleedsfan
    thanks nee
    Originally posted by RATBIKENEE

Ask John Lewis Insurance for its final response in writing then either escalate the complaint or make a claim as per link in earlier post -

http://www.johnlewis-insurance.com/homepage/customer-services/making-a-complaint.html

https://www.gov.uk/make-money-claim-online

It offered a cashback incentive to take out a car insurance policy and that was the reason you took out policy through it as opposed to via one of its competitors and thus if you are not paid the cashback incentive that was advertised/promoted via a third party namely TCB you will have been mis-sold your car insurance policy.

To add some balance

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=71471828&postcount=2912

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?354870-Topcashback-at-it-again&p=4245644&viewfull=1#post4245644

"Issue a small claim - Sorts the wrangling out and you get paid"
    Last edited by bristolleedsfan; 18-10-2016 at 2:42 PM.
    • bxboards
    • By bxboards 18th Oct 16, 3:55 PM
    • 1,088 Posts
    • 883 Thanks
    bxboards
    Get Cashback link going to TCB, not merchant
    Hi

Anyone else finding this? Since this afternoon the Get Cashback link to a merchant just opens a new page on TCB, its not redirecting to the merchant.

This happens on Ebay, Screwfix and Now TV, I assume all links are doing this

PS: I already e-mailed you on your mse e-mail
    Hi Everyone,

@steve1500 - Please do drop me an email, if you are using a category like cashback not reached payable it may be worth using the 'other' category as this may help.

@bristolleedsfan - As I have explained the best method for resolution is a claim. However, as also explained it's also something we are looking into external of the claims process. If you need any more assistance please let me know.

@RATBIKENE - Members are not fobbed off with 'Waffle', rather told truthful reasons for a commission payment being declined or told where we are at with their claim. If you would like me to investigate the message you received please email me at mse@topcashback.co.uk.

@2010 - It's not possible to guarantee cashback without us having to subsadise this elsewhere. Using cashback sites gives you the chance to earn cashback. If you don't use them you're not giving you the chance. While people can certainly make informed decisions themselves, personally speaking I'm not one to give up on earning free money.

@bxboards - This does seem to be an issue affecting some merchants. We are investigating this matter and looking to resolve as soon as we can.

I hope this helps everyone.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • By 2010 18th Oct 16, 6:50 PM
    • 4,049 Posts
    • 3,266 Thanks
    Hi Everyone,

@2010 - It's not possible to guarantee cashback without us having to subsadise this elsewhere. Using cashback sites gives you the chance to earn cashback. If you don't use them you're not giving you the chance. While people can certainly make informed decisions themselves, personally speaking I'm not one to give up on earning free money.
    Best wishes,
    Matt
    Why don`t you make it absolutely crystal clear and prominent on your home page that cashback is NOT guaranteed?
    Hi 2010,

We do put this on every merchant page, in the area we advise all members to read before purchasing. This is in addition to the terms and conditions which members accept when sign up. I do know not everyone will read these word for word, but they are deliberately short and in clear understandable sections so members can read through these. Whether members take note of these is totally down to their own personal judgment but it's certainly there for members to see.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    • By 2010 19th Oct 16, 6:46 PM
    • 4,049 Posts
    • 3,266 Thanks
    Hi 2010,

We do put this on every merchant page, in the area we advise all members to read before purchasing. This is in addition to the terms and conditions which members accept when sign up. I do know not everyone will read these word for word, but they are deliberately short and in clear understandable sections so members can read through these. Whether members take note of these is totally down to their own personal judgment but it's certainly there for members to see.

Best wishes,
    Matt

The home page is the main page of any site and it`s not shown on there.
    It should be shown prominently there so there is no doubt about the cashback not being guaranteed.

The only reason I can think of it not being there is because TCB are trying to conceal the fact it`s not guaranteed.

The same goes for your rather silly tv ad with a man sitting on a hippo.
    Plenty of mention about getting cashback but no mention of it not being guaranteed.
    Sharp practice comes to mind.

Why can`t TCB be honest and clear on it`s home page?
    • bristolleedsfan
    • By bristolleedsfan 19th Oct 16, 7:56 PM
    • 7,383 Posts
    • 9,561 Thanks
    bristolleedsfan

Why can`t TCB be honest and clear on it`s home page?
    Originally posted by 2010
    And within emails it sends out promoting/advertising cashback offers on behalf of its affiliate partners
    • rich_shot2003
    • By rich_shot2003 20th Oct 16, 4:25 AM
    • 1,864 Posts
    • 568 Thanks
    rich_shot2003
    Hi 2010,

Best wishes,
    Matt

Also Matt why dont you put that out on your TV AD?

because i have watched it a few times and its not on that at all.

why dont Qudico have the same problems as you seem to have paying out cashback?

its time that TCB was looked into as i have always had the feeling that something is going on and that TCB could be keeping the cashback and not passing it onto us.

i have told many people to not use you so they use Quidco with none of the problems a lot of TCB users have.
    • littlemisskrc
    • By littlemisskrc 20th Oct 16, 10:22 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    littlemisskrc
    Account problems
    Hi, I am fully registered and have been earning cash back. I wanted to apply for a payout so I was asked to log in. However my username/password were not recognised despite being correct (stored with cookies on my laptop) and so I requested a new password but it stated my email address could not be found. I emailed topcashback and was advised there were problems locating my account so it appears a new one has been started.. but I'm back to a balance of £0! I would like my previous £21.46 to be re-instated as I have been spending using certain companies on the proviso I would be getting the cashback. It's been days and I am getting nowhere with the email process. Regards,
    Hi everyone,

@ 2010 and bristolleedsfan - Our home page is there to guide members around the site. The two key areas where this will need to be known is when joining (which is when you agree terms and conditions) or when you click through from us to a merchant (which is where you see the note previously quoted). With the advert, it's there to tell people about the brand and what it does, rather than all the ins and outs of how it's earned.

@rich_shot2003 - While I work at TopCashback and not any other cashback sites, what I can tell you is some of the reasons members have told me why they have joined TopCashback. Interestingly enough untracked, missing, declined and slow progressing cashback has all cropped up. Of course, with these members I am sure to alert them that switching does not automatically change that. Other cashback sites aren't exempt to these issues. However, we do do some things differently, for example pay all members as soon as we are paid and not fast pay specific members who pay a fee.

@littlemisskrc - If you could email me at mse@topcashback.co.uk I can take a look at your account and hopefully help you gain access to it again

Best wishes,
    Matt
    • By 2010 20th Oct 16, 4:59 PM
    • 4,049 Posts
    • 3,266 Thanks
    Hi everyone,

@ 2010 and bristolleedsfan - Our home page is there to guide members around the site. The two key areas where this will need to be known is when joining (which is when you agree terms and conditions) or when you click through from us to a merchant (which is where you see the note previously quoted).
    Best wishes,
    Matt
    Here`s a link to TCB terms and conditions, where does it stand out prominently and clearly that cashback is not guaranteed.
    Maybe you would care to tell me the exact paragraph and line it`s quoted on.

https://www.topcashback.co.uk/Terms

As for clicking through to your merchants, where does it say it`s not guaranteed?

I`ve just put in Argos @ 7.07% and clicked through and all it said was:

"If you purchase using vouchers/gift cards you will not be awarded cashback"

It then went on to say:

One second, we are just opening Argos' site for you.

Just shop as normal and we take care of the rest.

Should this page be showing after 5 seconds, then please continue to Argos here.
    • american dreamer
    • By american dreamer 21st Oct 16, 9:37 AM
    • 119 Posts
    • 234 Thanks
    american dreamer
    Here`s a link to TCB terms and conditions, where does it stand out prominently and clearly that cashback is not guaranteed.
    Maybe you would care to tell me the exact paragraph and line it`s quoted on.

https://www.topcashback.co.uk/Terms

As for clicking through to your merchants, where does it say it`s not guaranteed?

I`ve just put in Argos @ 7.07% and clicked through and all it said was:

"If you purchase using vouchers/gift cards you will not be awarded cashback"

It then went on to say:

One second, we are just opening Argos' site for you.

Just shop as normal and we take care of the rest.

Should this page be showing after 5 seconds, then please continue to Argos here.
    Originally posted by 2010
    Under the terms and conditions tab 'What to do when'.
    "Please do not make purchase decisions based upon expected cashback as it is not guaranteed".

I don't know about other Top Cashback users, but I thought this was pretty obvious the minute I signed up.
    • Yorkshire Pud
    • By Yorkshire Pud 21st Oct 16, 10:14 AM
    • 617 Posts
    • 336 Thanks
    Yorkshire Pud
    Whilst it may be obvious that cashback isn't guaranteed there isn't much point in joining a cashback site if its not forthcoming WHEN all the T&C have been met.

Of course it WILL influence buying decisions,in fact the cashback can be the decider in choosing a particular product. Otherwise why bother?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,214Posts Today

5,643Users online

Martin's Twitter