Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Andrea
    • By MSE Andrea 27th Mar 13, 2:23 PM
    • 7,908Posts
    • 19,724Thanks
    MSE Andrea
    0 WOW
    Topcashback Questions & Answers
    • 27th Mar 13, 2:23 PM
    0 WOW
    Topcashback Questions & Answers 27th Mar 13 at 2:23 PM
    MSE Additional reading:

You might like to read our latest Cashback sites news story: Are you a cashback site loser?

Back to the original post...

Hi everyone,

If you have a question you'd like to ask cashback website Topcashback directly, post your question below and it will try to answer. If you want to discuss other cashback sites then please start a separate thread if there isn't one already.

Please remember referral links are not permitted. If you want to post a referral you can do it on the Topcashback referrals thread.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 27-10-2015 at 9:51 AM.

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Facebook, MSE Deals Twitter, Forum Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
Page 145
    • kimcoates
    • By kimcoates 9th Oct 16, 12:20 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    kimcoates
    Asda Groceries
    Hi,

I would like a few questions answered in regards to Asda Groceries.

I have been waiting for an order that was placed on the 1st June and it is still pending - not even confirmed yet alone paid. There are other reviews that have been recorded on the Asda Groceries reviews that say the same. These will not come to the fore because you show the best rated first then unless you change it to most recent, these reviews are ignored.

But, in the past couple of days there have been very positive reviews saying how fast it was and how I cannot wait to use the service again. When there seems to have been no payment since May for orders placed in April if your stats are accurate - and if not then why put them up there?

Now unless people think that 7 months is a fast payment and assuming these were orders placed in March why post such positive comments in the space of 3 days. I am not pointing any fingers saying that these were planted reviews but when I contact TCB support, I am told to wait 3-4 more weeks as we cannot pay you until we are paid.

Maybe some comment can be forthcoming as to when Asda Groceries last paid and why it is still classed as Fast Paying with a payment date of 6 weeks (the getout could be that is the payment when the order is confirmed - to my response, ask the affiliate why it is taking 4 months for me to have it still pending and no end in sight). I have contacted Asda and showing their best customer support, they simply dont care.
    • B_M
    • By B_M 9th Oct 16, 3:13 PM
    • 438 Posts
    • 335 Thanks
    B_M
    I can't get the app to work iOS

Just says processing....... this shouldn't take long!

It gave up the ghost and said it couldn't recognise the Tesco receipt & said please re -try -did & got the same message.

Originally posted by steve1500
    Same issue and I thought I'd try out the new app. But, it's only piggybacking Shopitize and same issues there.
    I've stopped using both until the gremlins are resolved.
    Shopitize was once excellent, but the TCB previous app was always cr4p. See how long they take to resolve today's receipts. Both Tesco and one was my wife's. Morrison's also failed on Shopitize.
    I've failed on Android.

Update - the robot chap has resolved issue and both my wife's and my receipt. Far better than the almost useless Snapnsave thingy, but still needs tweaking. Having to request a review every time isn't good.
    Not currently live on Quidco or TCB I have happened to notice.
    Originally posted by bristolleedsfan
    About time, but why?
    Has the Co-op decided to stop affiliate marketing their banking side, or have they been suspended due to their antics?
    Did you manage to get your payment after your direct complaint?

Still no update on my SSE broadband claim. If not resolved by the end of the month, I'll go direct with my complaint.
    One of the problems with TCB, they don't seem to chase up claims and this was an instance where it tracked short, over £30 short. TCB obviously can't see the fairness here. I'll be asking SSE to suspend my Direct Debit until fully resolved.
    Last edited by B_M; 09-10-2016 at 8:00 PM. Reason: update
    No payments from financial products from cash back sites? Put in a complaint direct and if they don't resolve your issue, head straight to the financial ombudsman - it costs the company £550 in referral fees, win or lose.
    • deefadog
    • By deefadog 10th Oct 16, 10:36 AM
    • 2,132 Posts
    • 617 Thanks
    deefadog
    I decided to take the plunge and join Topcashback last week, i did the initial offer for the Cadburys roses, all but instead of £12.75 showing up as pending, it's just 60p?

So will this change at a later date to the full amount as it sometimes does on other cashback sites?

• bristolleedsfan
    • By bristolleedsfan 10th Oct 16, 11:25 AM
    • 7,385 Posts
    • 9,561 Thanks
    bristolleedsfan
    Co-operative bank account - 126.25

About time, but why?
    Has the Co-op decided to stop affiliate marketing their banking side, or have they been suspended due to their antics?
    Did you manage to get your payment after your direct complaint?
    Originally posted by B_M
    Several of us have had this communication from TCB regarding our missing cashback claims - 27th September

06 Oct 2016
    Hi There,

Sorry to contact you out of the blue, we have recently been advised that The Co-operative Bank require further information for us to be able to submit claims so that they can successfully look into the transaction and resolve claims.

As we are still waiting for the exact information that they require, we are placing your claim on hold until we receive this information.

Once we receive this information, we will be in touch to request this and then we will submit your claim for review.

Sorry for the inconvenience this may cause.

This post indicates identical issue with Cooperative Bank is a long standing problem

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5387309&page=14#261

Cooperative Bank responded to my complaint in the same manner as Plusnet initally did --in denial - you wont be getting it - seemed to think wouldnt be taken further ......

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=71416794&postcount=258
  • TopCashBack Company Representative
    Hi Everyone,

I hope you all enjoyed the weekend!

@deefadog - These New Member Deals are intended to track incorrectly and then we will correct the transactions that are eligible. This can take 14 working days after the offer ends.

@kimcoates - Each review on site has been made by a member and we will remove it if we find it untrue - even if it is a positive review. Faster Paying is defined by a merchant that pays for confirmed transactions within 14 days. Asda purchases are something we have asked the network to investigate and so hopefully we see some progression with them soon.

@B_M - I am glad your receipts have now been resolved. We agree the querying process is much better now for members and bugs encountered along the way will be resolved as soon as they can be.

I do hope this helps everyone but if you have any further queries please don't hesitate to ask

Best wishes,
    Matt
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • B_M
    • By B_M 11th Oct 16, 9:35 AM
    • 438 Posts
    • 335 Thanks
    B_M
    Cooperative Bank responded to my complaint in the same manner as Plusnet initally did --in denial - you wont be getting it - seemed to think wouldnt be taken further ......
    Originally posted by bristolleedsfan
    I think that's how a lot of merchants work and not just the financials obviously. Sadly, many won't chase issues up and maybe one reason why TCB don't give the correct advise, as in all available options.
    Go for it and allow them to line the FOS coffers.
    I've been with the Co-op for over 30 years now and they were once excellent, but like many, they are now failing members / customers. I've moved one of my accounts and I'm seriously considering ditching them completely.
    No payments from financial products from cash back sites? Put in a complaint direct and if they don't resolve your issue, head straight to the financial ombudsman - it costs the company £550 in referral fees, win or lose.
    • bristolleedsfan
    • By bristolleedsfan 12th Oct 16, 3:50 PM
    • 7,385 Posts
    • 9,561 Thanks
    bristolleedsfan
    Clown Craze Appears To Be Spreading .....
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=71442460&postcount=267

This is why it is so important that merchants give reasons for declines.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=71443210&posted=1#post71443210
    Last edited by bristolleedsfan; 12-10-2016 at 5:53 PM.
    • Y30man5
    • By Y30man5 13th Oct 16, 1:08 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Y30man5
    Very frustrated with Top Cashback
    Starting to get fed up with Top Cashback.

I thought it was great when I started using it back in May, but it seems that only the small amounts actually come through.

Still waiting for an Asda one of £5.77 to come through, it has been pending since may. (Contacted help, but their response is pretty much "just keep waiting"
    Just checked on an Ocado one from September of £6 something which was pending, is now showing as £0.00

I currently have £6.95 payable and I went to withdraw it and I find that it's signed me up for plus membership, so they're holding £5 and I can only withdraw £1.95!!

What should be around £18 cashback is actually less than £2...
    Makes me wonder what the point is!
    • B_M
    • By B_M 13th Oct 16, 7:50 AM
    • 438 Posts
    • 335 Thanks
    B_M
    @Y30man5 - it can be hard work at times and the 'just keep waiting' is how TCB work (or don't). I don't believe there is much chasing, if at all.
    The £5 fee has been an issue since the 'Plus' membership started years back. TCB decided that ALL members had to opt out (if you want just basic membership), rather than sign up. Obviously wrong and despite many arguments, TCB refuse to change things. A bit like the TCB merchant reviews, always show the 5* reviews first rather than chronological order. Members need to see the current status of how a merchant is performing (or isn't) and the default setting MUST be 'newest'. The 'satisfaction' ratings are also very misleading, just try and find a merchant with less than a 95% satisfaction rating! Issues like above, only show that TCB treat their members like Schmuks!
    The best way of resolving many issues is to issue a complaint direct to the merchant, as in, non-payment of their affiliate marketing.
    The £5 fee can be advantageous for many, especially if you earn cashback in excess of £125 per year. A single insurance can be as much, or more than that! It works for myself and I'm happy to pay the fee and have actually had this deducted just this week.
    Your Ocado looks like it's been declined. But TCB also have a 'fair play policy' - https://www.topcashback.co.uk/about?cat=FairPlay. Ask them if they still utilise that policy.

Good news, the Tesco credit card has rapidly moved to payable. Excellent cashback experience, so it can work.
    Bad news, SSE is still showing over £30 short and that's despite a claim submitted over 3 months ago! As above, I don't believe any chasing up goes on. What's totally wrong here is, this was a TCB 'exclusive' and any decent company should see the injustice here, take ownership of the issue and take it to fruition. I've advised I'll leave it 3 more weeks and chase up direct with SSE myself, ie I'll do TCB's work for them. If you are not prepared to obtain the cashback yourself, then maybe TCB isn't for you?
    Also, no movement on the Lottery 'issue'. 7 weeks estimate? Really? Some of the reviews would advise 7 months (or more)! Again, that will be chased up via a complaint, but I'll give it 12weeks, that's well over 50% over and above the 'estimate'. Fair?
    Last edited by B_M; 13-10-2016 at 7:52 AM.
    • Yorkshire Pud
    • By Yorkshire Pud 13th Oct 16, 1:24 PM
    • 623 Posts
    • 343 Thanks
    Yorkshire Pud
    Matt about a week ago I got a secure message from TCB stating that Co-op Bank require further information from those affected by the Confirmed to Declined debacle but that Co-op haven't told TCB what this information they need is.

You couldn't make it up.

There is a big difference between waiting for a company to respond in a timely manner and the seemingly interminable delays that riddle TCB whenever there's a problem and sometimes when there isn't, viz Co-op having an average payout estimate of 29 weeks.

Its been over 6 months now since the account was opened.

What has not been explained yet and I'm not sure it ever will is why seemingly approved Co-op Bank TCB transactions at Confirmed for many weeks were for a group of people changed to Declined all on the same day?
    • bristolleedsfan
    • By bristolleedsfan 13th Oct 16, 3:51 PM
    • 7,385 Posts
    • 9,561 Thanks
    bristolleedsfan
    CO-OPERATIVE BANK ACCOUNT - Confirmed - Declined --
    This post indicates debacle started before Clowns started really scaring people.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=71417327&postcount=261
    Last edited by bristolleedsfan; 13-10-2016 at 3:55 PM.
    Hi Everyone,

@Y30man5 - With Asda we have already spoken to the network regarding these transactions and as soon as they have managed to obtain the commission for us and other commission sources for transactions made we'll then be able to pay you. Hopefully it wont be much longer now.

With Ocado, were you a brand new member? If you were I would advise you to lodge a claim as this merchant tracking a transaction at £0.00 suggests they do not believe your transaction was eligible for a commission payment.

I'd be happy to look into Plus Membership and assist where I can, please do drop me an email to mse@topcashback.co.uk so I can assist you with this.

@B_M - You may be interested to know we did change things in regards to Plus Membership. Many of our members missed out on earning much more than the cashback deduction in increased benefits and so we decided to switch things back. This is there for members to earn more cashback and not less

With merchant reviews, as I am sure has been explained before if we can balance things up and get more members to post positively when cashback tracks as expected we can look into this again. It's something we do discuss many times and will be sure too in the future. We respect member feedback and have implemented lots of change because of it such as with the changes made to receipt submissions.

If we find that an overall exclusive rate is not tracking as expected we do, as you say we should be, investigate it and resolve where possible. However, if it's just individuals who encounter an issue this is a very different matter and needs to be investigated on a individual basis

@Yorkshire Pud - If a bunch of transactions were deemed as incorrectly confirmed by a network they will inform us we're not eligible for the commission and we do have to decline these. As we give our members 100% of the commission, if this commission is £0 we can't then go back and cover the costs ourselves. I'm not saying this is what has happened with the co-op as the claims have not yet been resolved and cases like that are rare but it is a possibility. If you would like me to take a closer look at your claim please do drop me an email to mse@topcashback.co.uk

While your claims are being looked into, TopCashback is also doing some overall investigations into what has happened with these.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • B_M
    • By B_M 13th Oct 16, 7:02 PM
    • 438 Posts
    • 335 Thanks
    B_M

@B_M -

If we find that an overall exclusive rate is not tracking as expected we do, as you say we should be, investigate it and resolve where possible. However, if it's just individuals who encounter an issue this is a very different matter and needs to be investigated on a individual basis
    Originally posted by TopCashBack Company Representative
    I'm not sure what is happening with 'Plus' membership? Are you saying that members have to opt in now? Or, do they still have to opt out? Advising members of possible advantages is one thing, they can make up their own minds. But, TCB making a decision on a members behalf was wrong and would still be wrong.

My SSE claim. TCB promoted a rate of £73.50 (including 5% top up). After 3 months of TCB's efforts, it's still showing at the wrong rate of £41 (including top up). Waiting 3 months? Is that a fair wait for a TCB 'exclusive' rate?
    Have a look at the scale below and honestly state where you would place the golf ball in relation to the SSE issue. How well have the TCB claims team performed, usually the word 'performed' loosely.
    I know the honest answer and I'll give you a football clue. Look at the colours and tell me if the golf ball should be in the Chelsea 'blue' or the Arsenal (red). Sorry the scale ends at only -10, but at least that makes your team look a bit better.

• Yorkshire Pud
    • By Yorkshire Pud 13th Oct 16, 7:44 PM
    • 623 Posts
    • 343 Thanks
    Yorkshire Pud
    BM I joined TCB about a year ago and I had to opt in to Plus membership as Matt says. That £5 Plus membership paid for itself over and over.
    • Yorkshire Pud
    • By Yorkshire Pud 13th Oct 16, 7:52 PM
    • 623 Posts
    • 343 Thanks
    Yorkshire Pud
    Thanks for replying Matt.

I have already filed a missing cashback claim although there was nowhere on the form to state that it had been at Confirmed before Declined so hopefully its already in process EXCEPT that TCB can't submit the next tranch of missing cashback claims to Co-op until Co-op tell TCB what extra info they need! Its called stalling, its inept and all rather strange. What is the additional info Co-op need? Why is it a secret? Do Co-op know what extra info they need or are they just mucking about with delaying tactics?

I do appreciate TCB won't payout CB that isn't forthcoming. Its getting the CB to be forthcoming that's the problem or at least a cogent reason as to why it will not be forthcoming. Most companies can manage a reason and TCB is the point of contact for us hapless CB applicants who opened their accounts in good faith and expectation of CB.
    • B_M
    • By B_M 13th Oct 16, 8:13 PM
    • 438 Posts
    • 335 Thanks
    B_M
    BM I joined TCB about a year ago and I had to opt in to Plus membership as Matt says. That £5 Plus membership paid for itself over and over.
    Originally posted by Yorkshire Pud
    Thanks for that. It took a while and a lot of flak.
    If you earn over £125 in cashback in a year, then it makes sense. You can earn in excess of that with one transaction, assuming it pays out.
    BUT, it isn't for everyone.

Good luck with your Co-op fiasco by the way, along with many others.
    • bristolleedsfan
    • By bristolleedsfan 13th Oct 16, 10:20 PM
    • 7,385 Posts
    • 9,561 Thanks
    bristolleedsfan

I have already filed a missing cashback claim although there was nowhere on the form to state that it had been at Confirmed before Declined
    Originally posted by Yorkshire Pud
    I followed up with a support ticket adding such info in and asked for the support ticket to go alongside M.C.C - I was only going through the motions really, I fully expect to receive the cashback that TCB promoted on behalf of Cooperative Bank due to my direct complaint to Co-.......... didnt seem productive solely to wait more months for what I would imagine will be a negative outcome via TCB.
    Last edited by bristolleedsfan; 14-10-2016 at 8:04 AM.
    • B_M
    • By B_M 14th Oct 16, 4:59 PM
    • 438 Posts
    • 335 Thanks
    B_M
    I've had an email update re my SSE issue. Taking into account it tracked, but well short of the TCB promoted 'exclusive' rate, I have received five tips to improve my tracking!
    We've got some news about your missing cashback claim for SSE.

Please log into TopCashback and view your claim for more information.
    And here are our top 5 tips to follow to help ensure your next purchase tracks:

1) Read the 'Merchant notes' on the merchant's page to ensure you're eligible for cashback before purchasing.

2) Make sure you have cookies enabled – this is essential if you want your cashback to track (and we know you do!).

3) Clear your browser history before clicking through to the merchant's website if you've been browsing around before coming to TopCashback.

4) Make sure you click through to the merchant from TopCashback, add items to your basket, and pay for your purchase all in one session.
    5) Don't use any promotional codes or other offers that are not found on TopCashback in the same purchase (unless you'd prefer them to the cashback!).
    I have just one tip.
    Resolve short tracking within two weeks!

As per an above post.

'The Clown Craze is spreading'

I have been asked to wait until mid November before getting back to TCB if not resolved, or in months, four months from transaction! Then, I suppose I'll get asked to wait between 4-6 weeks extra before getting back to TCB (normal practice).
    I'll escalate this on November 1st if not fully resolved.
    I'll update as and when.
    Hi everyone,

Happy Friday!

@B_M - Members have 30 days to make up their own mind and opt out, it's very easy to do and we tell members about this via email and also a message on their account.

In regards to your SSE claim, another thing has to be considered here, other cashback and commission sites? One claim as you say, is quite easy to resolve. However, even if the network has one claim, per merchant, per commission source, that is a very different matter. It's the variables that can cause the 12-16 week response time. However , some do get resolved very quickly and when this happens we are more than happy to bring the member a response as soon as we get one.

@Yorkshire Pud - I am glad you benefited from Plus Membership. With the co-op, it's likely this is just so everyone has the correct information to locate the transaction and find out what's wrong.

I hope everyone has a lovely weekend.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    • B_M
    • By B_M 14th Oct 16, 9:01 PM
    • 438 Posts
    • 335 Thanks
    B_M

@B_M - Members have 30 days to make up their own mind and opt out, it's very easy to do and we tell members about this via email and also a message on their account.

In regards to your SSE claim, another thing has to be considered here, other cashback and commission sites? One claim as you say, is quite easy to resolve. However, even if the network has one claim, per merchant, per commission source, that is a very different matter. It's the variables that can cause the 12-16 week response time. However , some do get resolved very quickly and when this happens we are more than happy to bring the member a response as soon as we get one.
    Originally posted by TopCashBack Company Representative
    So the member still has to opt out? The only real change then is there's no free 3 month trial now, just 30 days?

Would you like to elaborate fully here on this thread the 'other things' to consider please. I mean fully.
    Nothing on your TV adds and nothing in any emails regarding 'other things'. Try that on if you want and see where that gets you.

Top tip (another one) - dunk your 'cookies' in the likes of tea and coffee and stay well away from the 'loopy juice'.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

702Posts Today

5,052Users online

Martin's Twitter