Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Andrea
    • By MSE Andrea 27th Mar 13, 2:23 PM
    • 7,842Posts
    • 19,654Thanks
    MSE Andrea
    0 WOW
    Topcashback Questions & Answers
    • 27th Mar 13, 2:23 PM
    0 WOW
    Topcashback Questions & Answers 27th Mar 13 at 2:23 PM
    MSE Additional reading:

You might like to read our latest Cashback sites news story: Are you a cashback site loser?

Back to the original post...

Hi everyone,

If you have a question you'd like to ask cashback website Topcashback directly, post your question below and it will try to answer. If you want to discuss other cashback sites then please start a separate thread if there isn't one already.

Please remember referral links are not permitted. If you want to post a referral you can do it on the Topcashback referrals thread.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 27-10-2015 at 9:51 AM.

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Facebook, MSE Deals Twitter, Forum Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free Martin's Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
Page 141
  • TopCashBack Company Representative
    Hi everyone,

@legendkiller2k8 - It's great to hear that your cashback has now been successful.

@HRT dependant - This is certainly something I can help with. Please drop me an email to mse@topcashback.co.uk so I can do this for you.

@Kim_13 - If you could also email me with the net amount and the total amount I can speak with our Claims Team and get this amended if needed.

@bxboards - Between us and the merchant is the cashback network and they are the first port of call as they also decline cashback if they believe another company should be paid the commission. In addition to this, it is very much down to each individual claim and the situation it is in. If you could email me at mse@topcashback.co.uk I will take a look into your claim for you.

@woodface7 - I have spoken to Samantha about this and we are awaiting to hear back with a definite conclusion to this. I am in contact with the member of staff who is investigating this and will let you know when I hear anything.

@bristolleedsfan - This message could be down to numerous things including just the matter of the merchant's inability to track mobile transactions which is clearly earmarked on their TopCashback page. As I am sure you can understand it would be unfair to members not to give them higher rates if it is just down to an inability to track mobile transactions but we also like to warm members about potential tracking issues.

I do hope this helps everyone.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    “Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • mamabuddah
    • By mamabuddah 20th Sep 16, 3:56 PM
    • 622 Posts
    • 1,433 Thanks
    mamabuddah
    Just a quick thought....if TCB and their affiliates deem it necessary to decline transactions because they believe another referrer was involved....would it not be the "decent" thing to do, to provide the purchaser with the name of that "supposed" referrer so it can be taken up and queried with them by the purchaser....otherwise you end up with the situation that the "supposed" alternate referrer pockets the cash.

Which then would lead you to believe the converse is true with TCB and their affiliates....eg if a referrer declines cashback because they believe some one else was used, in this case TCB, the purchaser gets no money, but the referrer gets it?

It makes sense if a cashback site declines a cashback because another referrer was used that the other referrer would have cashback but no one to pay it to.

Anyone care to comment? Keep me right on this?
    No two ways about this one: Anything Free is not a Basic Right..it had to be earned...by someone, somewhere
    • bristolleedsfan
    • By bristolleedsfan 20th Sep 16, 4:02 PM
    • 7,335 Posts
    • 9,522 Thanks
    bristolleedsfan
    As I am sure you can understand it would be unfair to members not to give them higher rates if it is just down to an inability to track mobile transactions but we also like to warm members about potential tracking issues.

Matt
    Originally posted by TopCashBack Company Representative
    The offer was suspended yesterday as can currently be seen following my post on here yesterday.

https://www.topcashback.co.uk/asda-money-credit-card/?AFFID=78888&awc=2459_1474383611_a1a3dfc771dd94900 abe3b92eb7d7580
    • bristolleedsfan
    • By bristolleedsfan 20th Sep 16, 4:18 PM
    • 7,335 Posts
    • 9,522 Thanks
    bristolleedsfan
    In other news -

For anyone who doesnt currently hold a Tesco Credit Card and likes to play Credit Card application for Cashback game this is a cracker - very low initial credit limit offered means much increased likelyhood of having application accepted and tracked in for me within 24 hours.

https://www.topcashback.co.uk/tesco-bank-foundation-credit-card/
    • bxboards
    • By bxboards 20th Sep 16, 4:35 PM
    • 1,067 Posts
    • 857 Thanks
    bxboards
    @bxboards - Between us and the merchant is the cashback network and they are the first port of call as they also decline cashback if they believe another company should be paid the commission. In addition to this, it is very much down to each individual claim and the situation it is in. If you could email me at mse@topcashback.co.uk I will take a look into your claim for you.

Matt
    Hello Matt

I have e-mailed you. Also the screenshots I took when i clicked in case they try to pull any funny business regarding other referrers

I just want to know if they really have completely ignored this claim for 4 1/2 months....
    • bxboards
    • By bxboards 20th Sep 16, 5:41 PM
    • 1,067 Posts
    • 857 Thanks
    bxboards
    In other news -

For anyone who doesnt currently hold a Tesco Credit Card and likes to play Credit Card application for Cashback game this is a cracker - very low initial credit limit offered means much increased likelyhood of having application accepted and tracked in for me within 24 hours.

Originally posted by bristolleedsfan
    Look at the tracking stats though...90% success Auto Tracking Reliability.

That means 1 out of 10 click throughs need a claim which is astonishingly high. That points to a systematic issue.

I have a claim open for over 4 1/2 months for the No Fee version as I posted above. The stats were 87% for that, so looks like a systematic issue with Tesco and non-trackers.
    • Kim_13
    • By Kim_13 20th Sep 16, 5:44 PM
    • 803 Posts
    • 794 Thanks
    Kim_13
    Thanks for the reply.

Do I need to submit the claim with the figure it allows before emailing or just email all three figures (total, what I think the net is and what the page says the net is?)

Thanks again.
    Sealed Pot Challenge #9 No. 520 ~ ?/£100
    Virtual Sealed Pot Challenge 2016 ~ #9 £120.63/£250.00
    Completely Crazy Clothes Challenge 2016 ~ Approx £200/£240.00
    Emergency Fund #170 ~ £300
    • bristolleedsfan
    • By bristolleedsfan 20th Sep 16, 7:22 PM
    • 7,335 Posts
    • 9,522 Thanks
    bristolleedsfan
    Look at the tracking stats though...90% success Auto Tracking Reliability.

That means 1 out of 10 click throughs need a claim which is astonishingly high. That points to a systematic issue.

I have a claim open for over 4 1/2 months for the No Fee version as I posted above. The stats were 87% for that, so looks like a systematic issue with Tesco and non-trackers.
    Originally posted by bxboards

In April I had a different Tesco Credit Card variation track and pay via TCB - 2/2 - 100% tracking

Tesco Bank Credit Card for Purchases 20 Apr 2016 -30.30

Since 2007 - 3051.00 claimed

Rare I have had to put in a non tracking claim - twice if my memory serves me correct

Reviews - No Fee Version

Sort by newest date first doesnt indicate a systematic issue with Tesco and non-trackers in anyway shape or form

https://www.topcashback.co.uk/tesco-bank-credit-card-with-no-bt-fee/reviews/1
    Last edited by bristolleedsfan; 20-09-2016 at 7:27 PM.
    • B_M
    • By B_M 21st Sep 16, 9:26 AM
    • 400 Posts
    • 315 Thanks
    B_M
    @legendkiller2k8 - It's great to hear that your cashback has now been successful.
    It would have been nice to apologise to legendkiller2k8 for the TCB failings and perhaps a thank you for doing TCB's work for them. But, at least no mention of 'cookies'

The offer was suspended yesterday as can currently be seen following my post on here yesterday.

https://www.topcashback.co.uk/asda-money-credit-card/?AFFID=78888&awc=2459_1474383611_a1a3dfc771dd94900 abe3b92eb7d7580
    Yes, that was the real reason, it was suspended. I checked that out with a view to taking out.

In other news -

Took a punt with this last night for my wife and tracked in early this morning. Thanks, it'll pay for a few drinks at Xmas.

Praise this time.
    TalkTalk Mobile tracked rapidly at the £84 'exclusive' enhanced rate for their sim only deal. Showing as payable today and cashed out. No-brainer when the contract was 12 months @ £3.95. Appropriate and correct feedback left. Perfect.

As above, the Tesco credit card offer tracked fairly quickly and well within the promoted timescale.

Also this morning, I've taken out a More Than Landlord insurance out. This is a whopping 'exclusive' rate of £141.75. Tracked within 25 minutes and with the correct promoted rate. I've taken out a More Than Landlord insurance policy out before, with another property and had issues. One problem is, the expected payment due date is showing as 36 weeks! The Financial Ombudsman Service have advised in the past, that any incentive for taking out a financial product, should reasonably be paid within 3 months and 4 months at the most. They would consider a mis-selling complaint after those timescales. I took out my insurance 4 weeks early, to take advantage of this higher rate (£84 last week). So' I'll allow 5 months before lodging a complaint if not paid before the end of February.
    But, it was refreshing for this to track correctly. The tracking trace suggests this was an 'exclusive' rate: campaign=AFF:LLN:Sept16TopCashBack
    Last edited by B_M; 21-09-2016 at 4:07 PM. Reason: 36 weeks!
    No payments from financial products from cash back sites? Put in a complaint direct and if they don't resolve your issue, head straight to the financial ombudsman - it costs the company £550 in referral fees, win or lose.
    • bristolleedsfan
    • By bristolleedsfan 21st Sep 16, 3:22 PM
    • 7,335 Posts
    • 9,522 Thanks
    bristolleedsfan

Yes, that was the real reason, it was suspended. I checked that out with a view to taking out.

Originally posted by B_M
    If it was a football match and M was the Manager, crowd would be chanting "time to go"
    Hi everyone,

@mamabuddah - While this may appear to be a good idea, it wouldn't necessarily be fair. The member may not always realise the last cookies that is recorded on their device and therefore other companies incorrectly missing out on cashback they are eligible for. This can often be avoided by deleting the browser history stored on your device as it means everyone apart from TopCashback should be deleted.

@bxboards - Thanks for emailing in, I'll reply a little later on today

@Kim_13 - If you have already submitted a claim please just email me the amounts. If you haven't please let the form calculate the net amount and then send me the email so I can speak with the team

@B_M - It is fantastic to hear that your cashback so far is going well. With More Than and all merchants, we will always display the average time it takes us to pay us. This may amend as time goes by, it will depend on how fast they do pay us.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • B_M
    • By B_M 21st Sep 16, 4:06 PM
    • 400 Posts
    • 315 Thanks
    B_M
    If it was a football match and M was the Manager, crowd would be chanting "time to go"
    It makes you wonder at times. Nepotism? Someone is looking after someone!

@B_M - It is fantastic to hear that your cashback so far is going well. With More Than and all merchants, we will always display the average time it takes us to pay us. This may amend as time goes by, it will depend on how fast they do pay us.
    Pretty much irrelevant to myself to be honest. As I advised as far back as the old TCB forum days, if you want to promote financial offers, contact the FCA and the FOS for guidelines. Make your own 'rules' at your peril. You know what actions I take and that won't change as times go by. I expect full payment by 21st February 2017. TCB can wait longer for their payment if they wish, even the full 9 months or so.

I've heard a little rumour that someone has waited around 2 years for a financial payment. Is this correct? If true, TCB should be banned from promoting financial offers. The member should have received options on how to tackle any fiasco like this. Shocking if true.
    No payments from financial products from cash back sites? Put in a complaint direct and if they don't resolve your issue, head straight to the financial ombudsman - it costs the company £550 in referral fees, win or lose.
    Hi B_M,

As for rumours, rumours unfortunately can't be commented on as they may be true or may not be true. Finding one transaction with no information is like finding that little needle in a haystack. In addition it's not something I am going to break our privacy policy over. If a member has an issue they are more than welcome to speak to me or submit a support ticket

Many thanks,
    Matt
    • Shrimply
    • By Shrimply 22nd Sep 16, 1:53 PM
    • 658 Posts
    • 308 Thanks
    Shrimply
    Really not impressed with Topcashback. I placed an order with mobilephonesdirect, for which I should have recieved £30.30 cashback.

I always use a separate browser for the transactions. I clicked through Topcashback, got through to the re-direct page and then onto the site. Where I placed my order.

I got suspicions that something wasn't quite right when Mobilephonesdirect didn't show up on my visited site list on topcashback. However, I opened a support ticket and was reassured that they has a record of my visit to the site when I placed my order and was advised if the tracking didn't work to open a missing cashback claim.

Nothing tracked after 7 days. On trying to open a missing cashback claim I get the message:

"It is not possible to lodge a Missing Cashback Claim for this merchant. For further information, please feel free to submit a support ticket from the Customer Care section of your account."

So back to the support ticket only to be told this,

"I have looked further into this transaction and can see that unfortunately this merchant does not permit claims to be investigated from this period.

We apologise that we cannot assist further in this matter.
    "

I don't even really know what this means, other than we don't care and aren't going to make any effort to work out what went wrong.

I've experienced this sort of thing several times with TopCashBack. Merchants seems to be allowed to make up rules, reject cashback without explanation and be allowed to continue being listed on the site. Why on earth does a cashback site allow a company to be listed who won't allow them to investigate when things go wrong?

On the statistics page for mobilephonesdirect on Topcashback it says that 85% of manual claims are completed successfully. How can this be the case if they don't let you submit a manual claim?
    Last edited by Shrimply; 22-09-2016 at 2:06 PM.
    • B_M
    • By B_M 22nd Sep 16, 5:37 PM
    • 400 Posts
    • 315 Thanks
    B_M
    Hi B_M,

As for rumours, rumours unfortunately can't be commented on as they may be true or may not be true. Finding one transaction with no information is like finding that little needle in a haystack. In addition it's not something I am going to break our privacy policy over. If a member has an issue they are more than welcome to speak to me or submit a support ticket

Many thanks,
    Matt
    Yes, may be true.
    Hopefully Steven can resolve this Aviva rumoured mess.
    I would have reported TCB to the FCA and hopefully the member will.
    Again, you lot should be banned from promoting financial products.
    Fair Play Policy.......................

@Shrimply - Matt will be along soon to advise you how to resolve this potential mis-selling off a contract issue. Or, he'll tell you of your 'cookie' problems.
    You can resolve this though, but I fear you will have to do it yourself. Don't give up.
    • sue1976
    • By sue1976 22nd Sep 16, 7:12 PM
    • 489 Posts
    • 172 Thanks
    sue1976
    Anyone having any problems with Go Compare paying out? My transaction was in May with an average 4 weeks to be dealt with. I'm still waiting to hear something almost 5 months later on. Should I just presume that I'm not going to receive any cash back?
    • B_M
    • By B_M 22nd Sep 16, 7:58 PM
    • 400 Posts
    • 315 Thanks
    B_M
    Anyone having any problems with Go Compare paying out? My transaction was in May with an average 4 weeks to be dealt with. I'm still waiting to hear something almost 5 months later on. Should I just presume that I'm not going to receive any cash back?
    Originally posted by sue1976
    Yet another financial issue? Or energy?

Gocompare complaint route:
    https://www.gocompare.com/about/contact/

Hopefully Matt will resolve this tomorrow for you. No complaint that you have been let down and badly.
    Last edited by B_M; 22-09-2016 at 8:51 PM.
    • Stridie
    • By Stridie 22nd Sep 16, 9:07 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Stridie
    What is the problem and when will you start payout again?? I have money due for payment but you won't activate my account and have not replied to the ticket enquiries I have made over the last three days. I have asked for an e-mail reply but heard nothing.
    I look forward to receiving a reply and the funds.
    • OceanSound
    • By OceanSound 23rd Sep 16, 3:51 AM
    • 18 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    OceanSound
    There is cashback confirmed on my TCB account for a transaction done on 29 October 2015.

I've navigated the TCB site head to toe, but nowhere does it tell me when exactly the transaction was confirmed. In the 'earnings' webpage it says ''estimated payable' 7 weeks. But without knowing the confirmed date, how on earth are we to work out the payable date?

I've emailed mse[at]topcashback.co.uk about this just now.
    • Shrimply
    • By Shrimply 23rd Sep 16, 9:32 AM
    • 658 Posts
    • 308 Thanks
    Shrimply
    @Shrimply - Matt will be along soon to advise you how to resolve this potential mis-selling off a contract issue. Or, he'll tell you of your 'cookie' problems.
    You can resolve this though, but I fear you will have to do it yourself. Don't give up.
    Originally posted by B_M
    Well today I have been able to place a missing cashback claim, 2 weeks after the order. What I don't understand is why no one on the support ticket said that I simply had to wait longer than the usual 7 days if that was the case. I will see whether I have any luck with the manual claim.

He can tell me I have cookie issues all he likes but, as I say I use a fresh browser just for cashback, with no ablocker installed etc etc
    Last edited by Shrimply; 23-09-2016 at 9:38 AM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,130Posts Today

7,767Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Today's twitter poll: If a cheap clothing store admitted under 12s in foreign factories made their clothes would it stop you buying?

• RT @toes_pointy: @MoneySavingExp @MartinSLewis Feeling smug. Used MSE sky code to change bband provider, saved £150 & got £50 free credit.?

• MSE weekly email: Ending - Brit Gas £300/yr off & free £30M&S, Vax 75%off, £15off Tesco Wine, £64/yr bband, £8 duvet https://t.co/bS4J70hBbx

• Follow Martin