Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

    Redundancy pay and Child Tax Credits
    • #1
    • 13th May 07, 12:53 AM
    Redundancy pay and Child Tax Credits 13th May 07 at 12:53 AM
    I have been notified that I will be made redundant at the end of this month. I will only get statutory redundancy pay which I believe is not taxable and pay in lieu of notice which will be taxed. As I have care responsibilities (child on DLA high care, low mobility) I intend to remain at home and claim carers allowance and tax credits, husband works full time. The redundancy pay is not large and I will use most of it to reduce the mortgage but I am worried about how it will effect my tax credits. I have one child about to claim a student loan and the other about to claim EMA, I am not really sure how the redundancy pay will effect those claims. Any advice please?
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

244Posts Today

1,002Users online

Martin's Twitter