Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Orange Ena
    • By Orange Ena 23rd Mar 13, 10:32 PM
    • 1,239Posts
    • 3,278Thanks
    Orange Ena
    Batten down the hatches.....
    • 23rd Mar 13, 10:32 PM
    Batten down the hatches..... 23rd Mar 13 at 10:32 PM
    Hello, I'm new! I've been lurking for a while but its time for me join in all the fun!!

In July 2012, I realised how much money I wasted. Not only frivolous things, but on household bills. Why pay more when I can get the same service for less?!

Since that point I have made quite a few changes, cut back on all the "painless" things I can and tried to keep my spending under control. I know I could do a lot better so in my attempt to do that, I thought I would start a diary to track progress, have a ramble and feel motivated to finally become debt free.

Last July, when I totalled up all my debts, it was around £5300 but then I thought it would be a good idea to add my holiday to my credit card Maybe my lightbulb had only flickered

As of today, my debts are as follows:

Overdraft - £1050 (mostly live in this)
    JD Williams - £260.66
    Nationwide credit card - £457.08
    Mint credit card - £3417.88
    TOTAL - £5185.62

So I'm a bit better off than I was in July 2012

I have got a plan and rightly or wrongly the order I've typed it in is it! I've £250 in an ISA and in March and April, I am aiming to save £800 and then pay off the overdraft in one fell swoop. I've tried the old spending a bit less and when I went on holiday in November, I did get it down to £450 but then since I've been back I've got distracted with clearing other debts its gone back up. I read somewhere that if I get the bank to reduce my overdraft, they would credit check me and I really could do without that (that's another story!). I don't think I've ever lived in credit. I've had a overdraft since I was at university and I've been happily unhappily living in it ever since. I'm 36 this year and if my plan works, I'll be living in the black by my birthday . Of course my other debts will still be there........

The big Mint card is the last thing to tackle as most of it is on a 0% until September. When I've cleared the other smaller debts, I'm hoping to get a longer term 0% credit card and balance transfer it.

My next job is to collate all the bits of paper where I have kept track of what I've saved by cancelling direct debits, and reducing bills by shopping around. I'm pretty sure its around £150 a month but it will be nice to see it written on here. I also want to collate all my other income streams such as cashback, surveys, tesco and nectar points and my nutella jar of change.

Right, best get on. Lots to do...
    Last edited by Orange Ena; 12-08-2015 at 7:24 PM.
Page 44
    • doingitanyway
    • By doingitanyway 25th Sep 17, 5:18 PM
    • 2,197 Posts
    • 10,179 Thanks
    doingitanyway
    You are a girl with a plan and it will all come good in the end, but it sounds stressful. Maybe give yourself a 'surviving the house sale' fund to treat yourself over this difficult hump (and that is all it is).
    Sorry about the rubbish atmosphere at work but hold on to the fact that you have an out.

Hoping for good news soon
    JANUARY 2016/SECURED DEBT=24,822/November 2017=3,500
    MORTGAGE FREE 25/07/16
    • Orange Ena
    • By Orange Ena 25th Sep 17, 6:07 PM
    • 1,239 Posts
    • 3,278 Thanks
    Orange Ena
    Sunday 3rd September
    * NSD
    * Opini0n Outp0st survey

Monday 4th September
    * £4.30 in C0sta for coffee and cake, met my friend for a catch up
    * £5.17 in T3sco
    * 0nepoll surveys
    * Y0ugov survey

Tuesday 5th September
    * £15.50 in H0mebase.
    * £6.50 in T3sco
    * 0nepoll survey
    * PA survey

Wednesday 6th September
    * £21.45 in W1lko
    * 0nepoll surveys
    * £40 payout received from 0nepoll and transferred to my CHEFS account which now stands at £327.26

Thursday 7th September
    * £4.22 in T3sco
    * £4.90 in the C0-op
    * 0nepoll survey

Friday 8th September
    * NSD
    * Y0ugov survey
    * 0nepoll survey

Saturday 9th September
    * £4.35 in T3sco
    * £26 at the craft group
    * £3.99 for a gorgeous emerald green cardigan in a chazza
    * £18.54 in L1dl
    * £4.96 in H0mebase
    * £21.35 in H0me B@rgains
    * £30.01 for fuel
    * PA survey

Sunday 10th September
    * NSD

Monday 11th September
    * £1.60 in T3sco
    * £9 for some 2nd hand craft supplies
    * £4.30 in for another C0sta visit with a friend
    * 0nepoll surveys
    * 25p roadkill found

Tuesday 12th September
    * £18.59 in T3sco
    * £17.49 for a gift experience with £1.51 tracking on TCB
    * Y0ugov survey

Wednesday 13th September
    * NSD
    * 0nepoll survey
    * PA surveys

Thursday 14th September
    * £3.19 in the C0-op
    * £30 for a joint birthday present
    * £30 for fuel
    * 0nepoll survey
    * PA surveys
    * VO surveys

Friday 15th September
    * £5.10 in T3sco

Saturday 16th September
    * £3 in P0undworld
    * £30 in Asd@ for a cardigan, undies, vase and 2 tealight holders
    * £1.56 in H0me B@rgains
    * £23.73 in L1dl
    * £29.62 in M0rrisons for a sandwich toaster, cute memo board an a few groceries

Sunday 17th September
    * NSD

Monday 18th September
    * £17.69 for cat food, used a 25% off voucher and 98p tracking on TCB
    * Y0ugov survey
    * 0nepoll survey

Tuesday 19th September
    * £9.16 in T3sco
    * 0nepoll surveys
    * VO survey
    * PA surveys

Wednesday 20th September
    * NSD
    * 0nepoll surveys
    * VO survey
    * Y0ugov survey

Thursday 21st September
    * £4.29 in the C0-op
    * £11.50 in Asd@
    * £49.35 in M0rrisons for birthday presents and a thank you bottle of vino
    * £30.01 on fuel
    * 0nepoll survey
    * Joined NewV1sta and they credited 500pts (£5) - can't cash out until £50 though
    * Y0ugov survey

Friday 22nd September
    * £2.79 in the C0-op
    * £7.99 in TKM@xx
    * 0nepoll surveys
    * 0pini0n Outp0st survey
    * PA survey
    * VO surveys

Saturday 23rd September
    * NSD
    * Opini0n Outp0st survey
    * i-S@y survey
    * PA survey
    * 7 items listed on Shp0ck

Sunday 24th September
    * NSD
    * NewV1sta survey

Today
    * NSD
    * Y0ugov survey
    * 0nepoll surveys
    * PA surveys

So yeah, quite spendy. I haven't listed a catalogue account purchase as I'm waiting for my returns to credit but I know I'll have spent £106. I'm quite conscious that I don't have many "work suitable" clothes as I spend most of my time in a uniform or pj's. Never pj's at work though And I probably should be a bit more prepared for my new job, plus it goes with my September theme of spending like there's no tomorrow

Over the last month, I've bought a pair of black trousers, a black plain top, white shirt and 4 cardigans. Love me cardigans I've bought one in plain emerald green, teal, mulberry and mustard. All pretty basic stuff but it should get me through a bit, and I do obviously have a few other things already. Mix and match is the plan. Or I'll create my own uniform which will consist of black trousers with a plain white or black top and a colourful cardigan....with the odd patterned top thrown in for special occasions

I shall be back to catch up with diaries
    Debt April 2015 - £6895.44 Debt April 2017 - £2500 May - £1455 Sept - £900
    CHEFS challenge (Cruise Holiday Entirely Funded by Surveys) - £327.26
    Every penny is a prisoner
    • Orange Ena
    • By Orange Ena 25th Sep 17, 6:16 PM
    • 1,239 Posts
    • 3,278 Thanks
    Orange Ena
    You are a girl with a plan and it will all come good in the end, but it sounds stressful. Maybe give yourself a 'surviving the house sale' fund to treat yourself over this difficult hump (and that is all it is).
    Sorry about the rubbish atmosphere at work but hold on to the fact that you have an out.

Hoping for good news soon
    Originally posted by doingitanyway
    Thanks DIA for your positive reassurance, I know things will be ok but just when I'm in the middle of it, it's so hard. I've waited so long so I can wait a bit longer, but then I've waited so long, I just want it to happen immediately

Funny you should say that but I've just been looking at 2 night coach holidays in November. Turkey and tinsel I might just have enough leave to take a day off and be able to go for a mini break once I've moved. The ones I've seen are £90-100 so I can cover that plus it'll be nice to get away. My sil knows a cat sitter in my new area so that won't be a worry, so I think I'll do it. Not quite a cruise but it'll be nice

Yes definitely have an out from work

Thanks for popping by and leaving nice words x
    • lcc86
    • By lcc86 26th Sep 17, 7:31 AM
    • 911 Posts
    • 2,390 Thanks
    lcc86
    Hi Ena,

Sorry to hear the move has been so stressful, it really is the worst just waiting and waiting... There's a 'waiting to exchange' thread on here which I found super supportive when I was moving last year, everyone is in a similar situation. Hopefully you don't have to wait too long. I do sometimes wonder why it all takes so long but perhaps it's easy to have that view from the outside and to expect things to move more quickly.
    1/12/14 total £9,140 DFD 30/01/17
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5124473 - my original DFD

25/08/17 new total £802 back in debt but determined clear it by February 2018! 28/11/17 - £132 £667/£1,000 emergency fund £640 saved for household jobs
    • GoingToDoIt
    • By GoingToDoIt 26th Sep 17, 3:36 PM
    • 448 Posts
    • 3,163 Thanks
    GoingToDoIt
    Hi Ena, sending you whatever vibes get things going!! The part before exchanging is always the worst and it never seems to go through easily, but 3 months from now it will all be different, keep your chin up and book that great weekend x
    Apr 16 Total cc 0% debt £8364/3499 updated 15 Oct 17
    • catriona79
    • By catriona79 27th Sep 17, 2:14 PM
    • 850 Posts
    • 1,629 Thanks
    catriona79
    Hope you get moved in very soon! Fingers crossed xx
    * * * Catriona's Credit Card Countdown * * * from -£16k to debt neutraldom - for my debt diary click here
    Barclaycard -£5,867.52;
    mbna1 - 3,009.22
    mbna2 - 1,755.70
    Savings £5,017 MFiT #25 £2,627/£10k; daily interest £5.04
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 27th Sep 17, 7:19 PM
    • 49,035 Posts
    • 182,045 Thanks
    beanielou
    Hope all comes together really soon.
    Keep plodding
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 2 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.*** ***Keep plodding***
    • doingitanyway
    • By doingitanyway 28th Sep 17, 9:40 PM
    • 2,197 Posts
    • 10,179 Thanks
    doingitanyway
    Hi Orange Ena,
    I know you have bigger things to think about than boiler insurance so hope you don't mind me asking but does your emergency household insurance for things going wrong also cover your boiler? Your company seem to be good at turning up and helping out
    MORTGAGE FREE 25/07/16
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 28th Sep 17, 9:46 PM
    • 49,035 Posts
    • 182,045 Thanks
    beanielou
    Hi Orange Ena,
    I know you have bigger things to think about than boiler insurance so hope you don't mind me asking but does your emergency household insurance for things going wrong also cover your boiler? Your company seem to be good at turning up and helping out
    Interested in the answer to this but AFAIK not.
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 2 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.*** ***Keep plodding***
    • Orange Ena
    • By Orange Ena 28th Sep 17, 10:22 PM
    • 1,239 Posts
    • 3,278 Thanks
    Orange Ena
    Hi Ena,

Sorry to hear the move has been so stressful, it really is the worst just waiting and waiting... There's a 'waiting to exchange' thread on here which I found super supportive when I was moving last year, everyone is in a similar situation. Hopefully you don't have to wait too long. I do sometimes wonder why it all takes so long but perhaps it's easy to have that view from the outside and to expect things to move more quickly.
    Originally posted by lcc86
    Thanks lcc, I might just take a look at that thread, although reading other people's frustrations might make me worse Weeks go by with no action, or so it feels. I think it's my buyers solicitor holding things up now so I've been pestering mine to chase. I feel like I've got to make a nuisance of myself now so he'll want me off his back Still, got to be done

Hi Ena, sending you whatever vibes get things going!! The part before exchanging is always the worst and it never seems to go through easily, but 3 months from now it will all be different, keep your chin up and book that great weekend x
    Originally posted by GoingToDoIt
    Thanks gonna, taking all the good vibes and fingers crossed I can get. I need some good news now! I hope so, at Christmas it could all be a distant memory and I'll be in my new job, in my new flat in my hometown and can forget the stress of the last few years. Sounds idyllic

Hope you get moved in very soon! Fingers crossed xx
    Originally posted by catriona79
    Ah thanks Catriona, me too. I'm driving myself crazy xx
    • Orange Ena
    • By Orange Ena 28th Sep 17, 10:23 PM
    • 1,239 Posts
    • 3,278 Thanks
    Orange Ena
    Hope all comes together really soon.
    Keep plodding
    Originally posted by beanielou
    Thanks beanielou, yep, I'll keep plodding, keep waiting
    • Orange Ena
    • By Orange Ena 28th Sep 17, 10:34 PM
    • 1,239 Posts
    • 3,278 Thanks
    Orange Ena
    Hi Orange Ena,
    Hi DIA, course I don't mind. I'm with Nat1onwide and as far as I can see, the insurance is only for members, so you need a savings or current account or mortgage with them. I've got Home Insurance Essentials (the cheaper cover) but the Home Emergency cover is an additional £21.28 for the year. This is the gem which covers all sorts.....

http://www.nationwide.co.uk/products/insurance/home-insurance/combined-insurance#xtab:home-emergency

Copy and pasted:
    With optional home emergency cover you'll receive extensive cover for a range of emergencies such as roof damage, vermin infestation, a burst pipe or a broken down boiler.
    24 hour assistance if a home emergency occurs and you need a tradesman to make your home safe, secure and prevent further damage.
    You are covered for up to £500 to deal with emergency problems such as:
    Roof damage.
    Plumbing and drainage problems.
    Main heating system failure.
    Domestic power supply failure.
    Toilet unit damage or failure.
    Damage to doors and windows.
    Loss of keys.
    Vermin infestation.
    Cover is up to £500 (incl. VAT) in total for call-out charges, labour costs and parts and materials.
    You should report an incident as soon as is reasonably possible (normally within 48 hours of the emergency happening). This is not a maintenance contract and cover is provided for emergencies in the home only.
    You are covered for incidents that are sudden, unexpected and require immediate corrective action. You are not covered for day to day maintenance of your property. Further limits and exclusion apply, please see the policy documents for details.

So I think it's covered? But I guess you have to have a yearly service of the boiler, I know I did with my old boiler cover years ago. They were really good and very efficient for the 3 times I've called them out!!! Well worth it in my opinion.

I'm glad you've asked actually as I didn't realise it was covered. My boiler is 4 years old and the company that installed it do the services and everything has been fine so far. But handy to know for my new flat boiler

Interested in the answer to this but AFAIK not.
    Originally posted by beanielou
    I'm quite surprised but it seems it is!
    • Orange Ena
    • By Orange Ena 28th Sep 17, 10:46 PM
    • 1,239 Posts
    • 3,278 Thanks
    Orange Ena
    Evening. No house news to report....still waiting

Tuesday 26th September
    * £6.41 in Asd@
    * £5 in Th0rntons
    * £3 in Prima@rk
    * £14.10 in M&S
    * £4 in T3sco
    * 0nepoll surveys

Wednesday 27th September
    * £10 in Fly1ng T1ger
    * £5.52 in a sweet shop
    * £3.20 in P@perchase
    * £1.35 in T3sco
    * 0nepoll surveys
    * PA survey
    * Opini0n Outp0st surveys

Today
    * NSD
    * Youg0v survey
    * 0nepoll surveys
    * PA survey
    * £1.50 received for an item sold on Shp0ck

Nearly le weekend
    Have a good one y'all
    Last edited by Orange Ena; 28-09-2017 at 10:58 PM.
    • doingitanyway
    • By doingitanyway 29th Sep 17, 8:11 PM
    • 2,197 Posts
    • 10,179 Thanks
    doingitanyway
    And we are waiting with you
    MORTGAGE FREE 25/07/16
    • doingitanyway
    • By doingitanyway 29th Sep 17, 8:18 PM
    • 2,197 Posts
    • 10,179 Thanks
    doingitanyway
    Hi DIA, course I don't mind. I'm with Nat1onwide and as far as I can see, the insurance is only for members, so you need a savings or current account or mortgage with them. I've got Home Insurance Essentials (the cheaper cover) but the Home Emergency cover is an additional £21.28 for the year. This is the gem which covers all sorts.....

http://www.nationwide.co.uk/products/insurance/home-insurance/combined-insurance#xtab:home-emergency

Copy and pasted:
    With optional home emergency cover you'll receive extensive cover for a range of emergencies such as roof damage, vermin infestation, a burst pipe or a broken down boiler.
    24 hour assistance if a home emergency occurs and you need a tradesman to make your home safe, secure and prevent further damage.
    You are covered for up to £500 to deal with emergency problems such as:
    Roof damage.
    Plumbing and drainage problems.
    Main heating system failure.
    Domestic power supply failure.
    Toilet unit damage or failure.
    Damage to doors and windows.
    Loss of keys.
    Vermin infestation.
    Cover is up to £500 (incl. VAT) in total for call-out charges, labour costs and parts and materials.
    You should report an incident as soon as is reasonably possible (normally within 48 hours of the emergency happening). This is not a maintenance contract and cover is provided for emergencies in the home only.
    You are covered for incidents that are sudden, unexpected and require immediate corrective action. You are not covered for day to day maintenance of your property. Further limits and exclusion apply, please see the policy documents for details.

So I think it's covered? But I guess you have to have a yearly service of the boiler, I know I did with my old boiler cover years ago. They were really good and very efficient for the 3 times I've called them out!!! Well worth it in my opinion.

I'm glad you've asked actually as I didn't realise it was covered. My boiler is 4 years old and the company that installed it do the services and everything has been fine so far. But handy to know for my new flat boiler
    Originally posted by Orange Ena
    Thank you so much Orange Ena
    MORTGAGE FREE 25/07/16
    • Orange Ena
    • By Orange Ena 30th Sep 17, 9:54 PM
    • 1,239 Posts
    • 3,278 Thanks
    Orange Ena
    Thanks DIA, I didn't get any news on Friday so I'll have to wait a bit longer

Friday 29th September
    * NSD
    * 0nep0ll surveys
    * VO surveys
    * Opini0n Outp0st survey and £2.50 requested
    * £3.50 received for 2 items sold on Shp0ck

Today
    * £26.10 in L1dl
    * £24.52 in M0rrisons
    * £35 for fuel
    * PA survey

Decluttering
    141. flip flops
    142. pillow cases x 2
    143. t-shirt
    144. dishwasher tablets / rinse aid
    145. lamp
    146. pestle and mortar
    147. casserole dish
    148. fridge magnet photo frame
    149. tagine
    150. chair
    151. cake tin
    152. rolls of wallpaper
    153. throw
    154. leftover tiles
    155. pack of cards
    156. union jack bunting and flags
    157. mugs and glasses
    158. duvet cover
    159. DVD's x 11
    160. CD's x 10
    161. ice cube tray
    162. photo holders
    163. coffee jars

September stats

PA - £21.01........................total YTD £268.88
    Youg0v - 375pts/£3.75.......................total YTD £54.25
    SB - 0.............................total YTD 1107SB
    Pinec0ne - 0.........................total YTD £6
    P0pulusLive - 0..........................total YTD £53
    VO - £9...........................total YTD £69.50
    TCB - £2.49.....................total YTD 33.87
    i-S@y - 35pts.....................total YTD 605pts
    Inb0x£'s - £1.09.....................total YTD £4.79
    Other income - £5..........................total YTD £112.34
    Roadkill - 25p.........................total YTD 46p
    0nep0ll - £7.15......................total YTD £76.35
    Opini0n Outp0st - £2.....................total YTD £91.20
    NewV1sta - £6.50.......................total YTD £6.50

August total - £58.24
    Year to date - £782.14

Other totals
    NSD's - 11......................total YTD 100
    Books read - 0...................total YTD 1
    DVD's watched - 0.....................total YTD 0

DMIC 4/30
    CHEFS account £327.26 (+ £21.45 pending from PA and £2.50 pending from Opini0n Outp0st)

A steady month of extra earnings
    • parsniphead
    • By parsniphead 30th Sep 17, 10:14 PM
    • 2,244 Posts
    • 14,283 Thanks
    parsniphead
    Hi Orange Ena

I've just spotted your signature on DIA's diary. Wow you are so close to being done. Exciting times.
    Nothing gets better until you get better.
    • Orange Ena
    • By Orange Ena 7th Oct 17, 10:30 AM
    • 1,239 Posts
    • 3,278 Thanks
    Orange Ena
    Hi Orange Ena

I've just spotted your signature on DIA's diary. Wow you are so close to being done. Exciting times.
    Originally posted by parsniphead
    Thanks parsniphead I am close in one way but I'm currently making no effort to pay extra to my CC so paying £60 pm will still take me ages!! Once I've moved, I will get a wriggle on and pay it off, that's the plan anyway Can't wait to get rid now.
    • Orange Ena
    • By Orange Ena 7th Oct 17, 10:42 AM
    • 1,239 Posts
    • 3,278 Thanks
    Orange Ena
    Good morning. This is strange, I normally swing by here at night. Rumour had it that I was a vampire......

Sunday 1st October
    * NSD
    * Opini0n Outp0st survey
    * £5 for an item sold on Shp0ck
    * NewV1sta survey
    * Youg0v survey

Monday 2nd October
    * NSD
    * 0nepoll surveys

Tuesday 3rd October
    * £4.95 in T3sco
    * 0nepoll surveys

Wednesday 4th October
    * NSD
    * 0nepoll surveys
    * PA survey
    * Opini0n Outp0st survey

Thursday 5th October
    * NSD
    * Youg0v survey
    * 0nepoll surveys

Friday 6th October
    * £43.99 to R0yal Ma1l
    * £37.06 in Morrisons
    * PA survey
    * 0nepoll surveys
    * VO survey
    * Opini0n Outp0st survey
    * Youg0v survey

DMIC 2/6

Decluttering
    164. books x 14
    165. Ikea unit
    166. single bed
    167. leftover wallpaper
    168. scotia beading
    169. puzzle books
    170. coat
    171. magazines x 9
    172. room spray
    173. dishwasher gubbins
    174. ice cube tray
    • Orange Ena
    • By Orange Ena 7th Oct 17, 11:43 AM
    • 1,239 Posts
    • 3,278 Thanks
    Orange Ena
    What a week............
    I started getting a sore throat last weekend which then developed into a lovely snotty chesty cold. I managed to get through work on Monday and I had planned to just get on with it but then Tuesday morning I tripped over in the middle of the road A car had kindly stopped to let me cross the busy road so whether I was rushing or just a bit clumsy, I don't know. But it hurt! I was lying on the ground, stunned, trying to figure out if I'd broken anything (of all the times previously where I wanted to break my wrist, I didn't want to at that point ) when the lovely car just went round me and drove off Luckily the lady behind and another lady came to see if I was alright, bless em I got into work but I was in quite a mess, in pain, bleeding, one big snotty mess So I went home at lunch time and I had the rest of the week off

When I got home Tuesday lunchtime, I'd just flopped on the sofa, about to start sobbing, wondering if I'd hit rock bottom (ever the drama queen ) when my solicitor rang to say he'd finally heard from my buyers solicitor, after being ignored for over a week, with good news.........they were all ok and ready to proceed

And oh my giddy aunt..........we exchanged yesterday!!!!!

This is really happening, it really is. I cannot believe it's actually worked. Over a year of dreaming about moving to my hometown and changing my job and I've only gone and pulled it off I feel like a Bond villain, sat stroking my cats, feeling very pleased that my masterplan to take over the world move house and get a new job has worked.

I'm moving the week after next so full steam ahead now. They initially wanted to complete on the 12th but that only gave me 6 days after exchange which isn't enough time to get rid of some furniture, sort the movers, finish packing, get time off work etc,

I need to contact the new job on Monday and negotiate a start date (and check that it's still ok) then I can do the one thing I've been wanting to do for years. Hand that darn notice in

Sorry for emoji overuse. Can't help it
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,378Posts Today

7,275Users online

Martin's Twitter