Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Orange Ena
    • By Orange Ena 23rd Mar 13, 10:32 PM
    • 1,182Posts
    • 2,946Thanks
    Orange Ena
    Batten down the hatches.....
    • 23rd Mar 13, 10:32 PM
    Batten down the hatches..... 23rd Mar 13 at 10:32 PM
    Hello, I'm new! I've been lurking for a while but its time for me join in all the fun!!

In July 2012, I realised how much money I wasted. Not only frivolous things, but on household bills. Why pay more when I can get the same service for less?!

Since that point I have made quite a few changes, cut back on all the "painless" things I can and tried to keep my spending under control. I know I could do a lot better so in my attempt to do that, I thought I would start a diary to track progress, have a ramble and feel motivated to finally become debt free.

Last July, when I totalled up all my debts, it was around £5300 but then I thought it would be a good idea to add my holiday to my credit card Maybe my lightbulb had only flickered

As of today, my debts are as follows:

Overdraft - £1050 (mostly live in this)
    JD Williams - £260.66
    Nationwide credit card - £457.08
    Mint credit card - £3417.88
    TOTAL - £5185.62

So I'm a bit better off than I was in July 2012

I have got a plan and rightly or wrongly the order I've typed it in is it! I've £250 in an ISA and in March and April, I am aiming to save £800 and then pay off the overdraft in one fell swoop. I've tried the old spending a bit less and when I went on holiday in November, I did get it down to £450 but then since I've been back I've got distracted with clearing other debts its gone back up. I read somewhere that if I get the bank to reduce my overdraft, they would credit check me and I really could do without that (that's another story!). I don't think I've ever lived in credit. I've had a overdraft since I was at university and I've been happily unhappily living in it ever since. I'm 36 this year and if my plan works, I'll be living in the black by my birthday . Of course my other debts will still be there........

The big Mint card is the last thing to tackle as most of it is on a 0% until September. When I've cleared the other smaller debts, I'm hoping to get a longer term 0% credit card and balance transfer it.

My next job is to collate all the bits of paper where I have kept track of what I've saved by cancelling direct debits, and reducing bills by shopping around. I'm pretty sure its around £150 a month but it will be nice to see it written on here. I also want to collate all my other income streams such as cashback, surveys, tesco and nectar points and my nutella jar of change.

Right, best get on. Lots to do...
    Last edited by Orange Ena; 12-08-2015 at 7:24 PM.
Page 38
    • BettyBones
    • By BettyBones 10th Mar 17, 5:43 PM
    • 154 Posts
    • 291 Thanks
    BettyBones
    Cruise? Did someone say 'cruise'?! I love cruises!!! And I'm loving the idea of your CHEFS challenge. Surveys drive me nuts though. I started doing the Y0uGov ones last August and am still only at only £33.75 I was so hoping to be able to cash out before my DFD at the end of May and take that £50 away with me for cruise spends. I was going to buy my first pina colada with it!
    If you can dream it, you can do it - Walt Disney
    • Orange Ena
    • By Orange Ena 16th Mar 17, 11:21 PM
    • 1,182 Posts
    • 2,946 Thanks
    Orange Ena
    Thinking about your CHEFs idea. Would you be able to get a magazine article out of this (could be your spending money) You write well and it is such a good idea I'm sure you can monetise it further...
    Originally posted by doingitanyway
    Ooh ells bells, I wouldn't know where to start But thank you for the compliment Maybe if I do manage to complete my challenge, I could contact Th@t's L1fe or T@ke a Br3ak and get £200 for telling my story
    Debt April 2015 - £6895.44 Debt April 2017 - £2500 May - £1455
    CHEFS challenge (Cruise Holiday Entirely Funded by Surveys) - £93.98
    Every penny is a prisoner
    • Orange Ena
    • By Orange Ena 16th Mar 17, 11:27 PM
    • 1,182 Posts
    • 2,946 Thanks
    Orange Ena
    Cruise? Did someone say 'cruise'?! I love cruises!!! And I'm loving the idea of your CHEFS challenge. Surveys drive me nuts though. I started doing the Y0uGov ones last August and am still only at only £33.75 I was so hoping to be able to cash out before my DFD at the end of May and take that £50 away with me for cruise spends. I was going to buy my first pina colada with it!
    Originally posted by BettyBones
    Cruise? Who dear? Me dear? I'm with you on loving cruises, there's nothing like it. My last was in 2014 so I'm getting desperate for one now, hence doing every survey I can get my mitts on

Youg0v is a very slow burner. I cashed out last July and have just hit payout again so it's been a slog, and I've done every one that I've been sent so it's not a get rich quick thing. Not long till your cruise now

When you do cash out though, maybe you could put it towards your next cruise
    • Orange Ena
    • By Orange Ena 16th Mar 17, 11:56 PM
    • 1,182 Posts
    • 2,946 Thanks
    Orange Ena
    Evening Oh so close to that lovely weekend. I had a day off on Monday and it was so nice to actually have a good Sunday not dreading work. Obviously Monday was spent mostly thinking about going back work But yay, I've only got 4 more working days till a long weekend

Friday 10th March
    * £4.75 in the Co-0p
    * £2.20 for a sandwich from the butchers
    * £30.29 in M0rrisons
    * £5 M0rrisons voucher received. Normally I'd just spend them but I'm going to transfer £5 to savings when I spend this
    * 0nep0ll surveys
    * Pinec0ne survey
    * Opini0n Outp0st survey

Saturday 11th March
    * NSD
    * Opini0n Outp0st surveys and £2.50 redeemed and transferred to my new CHEFS account
    * PA survey

Sunday 12th March
    * NSD
    * 160SB earned
    * Youg0v survey

Monday 13th March
    * NSD
    * 0nep0ll surveys
    * PA survey
    * Youg0v survey

Tuesday 14th March
    * £8.50 in T3sco
    * 0nep0ll surveys
    * PA survey

Wednesday 15th March
    * £16.11 for fuel
    * PA survey
    * Youg0v survey
    * VO survey
    * P0pulusLive survey
    * Opini0n Outp0st survey

Today
    * NSD
    * £3.13 received from TCB and transferred to my overpayments account
    * 0nep0ll surveys, only 35p away from cashout
    * PA survey!
    * Opini0n Outp0st survey, £2.50 redeemed and transferred to my CHEFS account
    * 302SB earned and a £5 Am@zon voucher redeemed
    * VO survey!
    * Youg0v survey

Just a warning to anyone that shops at M0rrisons......if you go round and happen to buy products with bonus M0re points, just check they do get added on. I noticed a while ago that they weren't so I started taking photos of the products with the extra points and then getting them added on a customer services. It's really frustrating and actually I'm annoyed that people think they're getting points when they might not be. I emailed a complaint to head office last week, saying I always had to get the points added on by customer services, and they rang me and said that it was a known glitch, they're working on it (it's been weeks and weeks ) and that what I need to do is go to customer services to get the points manually added on "Er, I'm already doing that love. You're missing the point, you're ripping off customers promising them M0re points and failing to deliver" I don't think she gave a sh*T I tried

Anyway, it's day 16 of the month and I've hit 8 days of making the £4.11 target for the Daily Mortgage Interest Challenge

And........I have £5 in my CHEFS account. That'll probably pay for an hour of my cruise

That's all for tonight, I'll try and catch up with diaries tomorrow night. Hope everyone is well
    • doingitanyway
    • By doingitanyway 26th Mar 17, 9:02 AM
    • 1,596 Posts
    • 7,138 Thanks
    doingitanyway
    Knock, knock. Anyone home?
    JANUARY 2016/SECURED DEBT=24,822/June 2017=8,882
    MORTGAGE FREE 25/07/16
    • Orange Ena
    • By Orange Ena 31st Mar 17, 11:55 PM
    • 1,182 Posts
    • 2,946 Thanks
    Orange Ena
    Knock, knock. Anyone home?
    Who's there? It's me! I'm back

Sorry I've been AWOL again, totally didn't mean to leave it this long. Mixture of being busy, unwell and cba

Hope you're well DIA, thanks for calling
    • Orange Ena
    • By Orange Ena 1st Apr 17, 12:19 AM
    • 1,182 Posts
    • 2,946 Thanks
    Orange Ena
    Epic catch up to follow......but I feel the need to record it all

Friday 17th March
    * £5.69 in the co-op
    * £30.01 on fuel
    * 0nep0ll surveys
    * VO survey
    * PA survey
    * Opini0n Outp0st surveys and £2.50 redeemed and transferred to my CHEFS account

Saturday 18th March
    * £18.03 in L1dl, got a few bigger things I was running out of like washing powder and maple syrup
    * £16.48 in M0rrisons
    * PA survey
    * 8SB earned!
    * Youg0v survey

Sunday 19th March
    * NSD
    * Opini0n Outp0st surveys
    * Youg0v survey

Monday 20th March
    * NSD
    * 0nep0ll survey and £40 cashout reached
    * 73SB earned

Tuesday 21st March
    * £2 in T3sco
    * £5.98 in the pharmacy
    * £2.50 in M0rrisons
    * £50 received from Youg0v and transferred to my overpayments account
    * Youg0v survey
    * 0nep0ll surveys
    * Opini0n Outp0st survey

Wednesday 22nd March
    * £45 to the plumber....... £10 less than he estimated
    * £30.80 in Wilko for a tension rod, shower curtain, superglue, Mothers day pressie and loads of sweets for our forthcoming weekend road trip to Leeds
    * Opini0n Outp0st surveys and £2.50 redeemed and transferred to my CHEFS account
    * 0nep0ll surveys
    * Youg0v survey
    * PA survey

Thursday 23rd March
    * NSD
    * 0nep0ll survey

Friday 24th March
    * £8.85 in T3sco
    * £29 for fuel
    * £5.79 in the pharmacy
    * £1.35 in M0rrisons
    * £15 towards a Chinese takeaway
    * £23.75 received from PA and some transferred to my CHEFS account and some to overpayments!
    * 0nep0ll surveys

Saturday 25th March
    * £3.50 for lunch
    * £15 in the gift shop at Emmerd@le
    * £8.70 for dinner
    * £4.85 in M0rrisons
    * £26 for fuel
    * 1p roadkill found

Sunday 26th March
    * £17.23 in T3sco

Monday 27th March
    * NSD
    * P0pulusLive survey
    * 0nep0ll surveys
    * 3 VO surveys
    * 3 PA surveys
    * Youg0v survey

Tuesday 28th March
    * £11.65 in T3sco on a few groceries
    * £2.85 in Wilk0
    * 0nep0ll survey
    * PA survey

Wednesday 29th March
    * £3.63 in H0mebase
    * £3.71 in H0me Barg@ins
    * 0nep0ll surveys
    * Opini0n Outp0st survey
    * PA survey
    * Youg0v survey
    * 100SB earned

Thursday 30th March
    * £4.94 in H0me Barg@ins
    * £19 in H0mebase for bathroom paint
    * £4.60 in T3sco, including 3 pies reduced to 45p and English muffins down to 8p, all for the freezer
    * £30.01 for fuel
    * 0nep0ll surveys
    * 2 P0pulusLive surveys
    * 2 VO surveys
    * PA survey

Today
    * £2.59! in the co-op
    * 0nep0ll surveys
    * P0pulusLive survey £4 and payout reached so I should get the £50 cheque by mid May
    * Opini0n Outp0st survey

Decluttering
    102. old shower curtain
    103. old shower screen

March stats

PA - £40.14....................total YTD £72.41
    Youg0v - 675pts/£6.75..................total YTD £21.25
    SB - 641SB (enough for a £5 Am@zon voucher).....................total YTD 641SB
    Pinec0ne - £3 (awaiting confirmation)................total YTD £6
    P0pulusLive - £16..................total YTD £27
    VO - £7.50..................total YTD £17
    TCB - 0................total YTD £1.74
    i-S@y - 20pts..................total YTD 285pts
    Inb0x£s - 51p..................total YTD £1.35
    Other income - 0...................total YTD £32.84
    Roadkill - 6p..................total YTD 11p
    0nep0ll - £13.80...................total YTD £28.60
    Opini0n Outp0st - £24.......................total YTD £28

March total - £116.76
    Year to date - £241.30

Other totals:

• Nati0nwide sweeps - 0..................total YTD 0
    • FD sweeps - 0.................total YTD 0
    • Pennysaver challenge - £119.80...............total YTD £207.47
    • NSD's - 12...............total YTD 34
    • Books read - 0....................total YTD 0
    • DVD's watched - 0....................total YTD 0
    • DMIC (Daily Mortgage Interest Challenge) - 13/31 days of hitting £4.11 income
    • Orange Ena
    • By Orange Ena 1st Apr 17, 12:38 AM
    • 1,182 Posts
    • 2,946 Thanks
    Orange Ena
    I can't wait until my phone contract ends in May to go sim only. I normally just upgrade, although I never go for the newest phone. My bill is currently £27.34 but I'm planning on going with Plusn3t for the mates rate deal and it'll be £5 per month for 1GB. I've checked my data use for the last 3 months and I haven't gone over 1GB but even if I go for the 2GB it's only £7.50! So potentially, I could save £268 over the year, although if my phone breaks, I'll have to factor in the cost of replacing it. Just shows that there's always money to be saved

I'm up to £30.60 in my CHEFS (Cruise Holiday Entirely Funded by Surveys) account which is growing nicely. I made my first deposit to that account on the 11th March so not too bad for 3 weeks work.

I'm getting my bathroom decorated next weekend and with paint, it should come to around £200. I'll just need to get flooring and I'm estimating about £80 for that, including fitting. Then that's it, my house will be pretty much done! Maybe just the odd little thing to fix or sort, and more decluttering, obvs, but I'll be ready to go on the market. Aaarrggghh!

After 13 and a half years, my house will be fully decorated and modernised and I'm about to leave it all behind and I'm a bit sad about it really. But I've realised that it's really important to me to have nice surroundings at home. Up until I had the downstairs renovated about 4 years ago, my house had largely remained untouched, and it was so depressing. I wasn't able to face it, I had no money to do it up really, no energy, and it just became something I put up with, barely inviting anyone round as I was too embarrassed. But since my 2nd LBM nearly 2 years ago, I've saved and got it done and it looks lovely, and the house deserved it. I can't go back to living in a sh**hole when I move though!!
    • Orange Ena
    • By Orange Ena 1st Apr 17, 1:25 AM
    • 1,182 Posts
    • 2,946 Thanks
    Orange Ena
    Achievements
    Now the house is nearly done, I was thinking about how much I've achieved in the last 18 months - 2 years.

Since September 2015, at home I've had
    •! new shower and loo seat
    • new radiators upstairs and in the hall
    • new doors upstairs
    • spare room decorated, including new carpet
    • extra sockets
    • new skirting boards in both bedrooms
    • new fence
    • clothes rail put in cupboard
    • upstairs floorboards fixed
    • my bedroom decorated, new carpet
    • new bathroom lights
    • hall, stairs and landing decorated
    • loo fixed and new shower screen
    • garden tidied

Along with the bathroom that's about to be decorated, and all the bits like curtains, lamps, cushions etc it adds up to just over £5000, and yes I have gone through my diary to check! Apart from a £1500 inheritance, I've paid for it all myself, with only a little bit going on the credit card to spread the cost, which has now been cleared anyway.

And my debt has gone from nearly £7000 in April 2015 to £2500 :T

My savings accounts are all topped up and healthy, it helps me budget so much for the month and for the yearly things. But if the SHTF tomorrow and I had to scrape all my money together from my little savings accounts and emergency fund, I could have about £3000. Its so tempting to just clear my credit card but I shall resist :rotfl:

I'm really amazed and quite proud of myself :p When you really look at your finances, there are always savings to be made, money to be made from surveys or selling things, being more conscious of what you're spending and how down shifting a brand can save money, or just not buying stuff you dont need, looking for vouchers, roadkill, opportunities, it really all adds up to a significant amount. I know some people can't be bothered to do surveys or don't have the time and i can totally appreciate that. I do put a bit of effort in I suppose, but all those 10p or 10 point surveys do add up for me.

I think the biggest thing I've realised is that after bills are paid and food is bought, that disposable income isn't really "disposable". At some point in the future, that money is going to be needed for something. And stashing a bit away each month cushions the blow a little. If I didn't have all my little savings accounts that get topped up each month, I'd think I was loaded. But by the time my bills are paid and my accounts are filled up and budgets done, I hardly have anything left and at times it's scary, but also, incredibly satisfying. Over 20 years in debt, never budgeting, over spending and frittering and I finally get it :rotfl: :D
    Last edited by Orange Ena; 01-04-2017 at 1:34 AM.
    • doingitanyway
    • By doingitanyway 1st Apr 17, 8:01 AM
    • 1,596 Posts
    • 7,138 Thanks
    doingitanyway
    I think the biggest thing I've realised is that after bills are paid and food is bought, that disposable income isn't really "disposable". At some point in the future, that money is going to be needed for something. And stashing a bit away each month cushions the blow a little. If I didn't have all my little savings accounts that get topped up each month, I'd think I was loaded. But by the time my bills are paid and my accounts are filled up and budgets done, I hardly have anything left and at times it's scary, but also, incredibly satisfying. Over 20 years in debt, never budgeting, over spending and frittering and I finally get it
    Originally posted by Orange Ena
    The whole of this post is both uplifting and inspirational, but this paragraph especially so. I have followed your progress over the last few years and I am so pleased this is where you have arrived and so confident I am not so far behind you. Thank you.
    MORTGAGE FREE 25/07/16
    • doingitanyway
    • By doingitanyway 1st Apr 17, 8:07 AM
    • 1,596 Posts
    • 7,138 Thanks
    doingitanyway
    After 13 and a half years, my house will be fully decorated and modernised and I'm about to leave it all behind and I'm a bit sad about it really. But I've realised that it's really important to me to have nice surroundings at home. Up until I had the downstairs renovated about 4 years ago, my house had largely remained untouched, and it was so depressing. I wasn't able to face it, I had no money to do it up really, no energy, and it just became something I put up with, barely inviting anyone round as I was too embarrassed. But since my 2nd LBM nearly 2 years ago, I've saved and got it done and it looks lovely, and the house deserved it. I can't go back to living in a sh**hole when I move though!!
    Originally posted by Orange Ena
    I'm applauding this because I know what a huge achievement this truly is and how it feels to be living in a home that is depressing and you can't invite people in when you really want to (sigh) Bravo Orange Ena.
    MORTGAGE FREE 25/07/16
    • crazy_cat_lady
    • By crazy_cat_lady 1st Apr 17, 10:05 AM
    • 3,875 Posts
    • 27,195 Thanks
    crazy_cat_lady
    Ena - this is fantastic. Look how far you've come and how well you've done. You should be celebrating
    What an inspiration, and your posts really resonate with me.
    NST June#24 NSD 8/15 RYSAW17 #1 £412.74 20p Savers #88 £1 a day for Xmas # DFD 6 Nov 15 - paid £28,447
    • GoingToDoIt
    • By GoingToDoIt 1st Apr 17, 11:28 AM
    • 413 Posts
    • 2,843 Thanks
    GoingToDoIt
    Great to see you back Ena, and what a lot of achievements!!!! You've been on a real journey these last few years, you should be proud, here's some celebration Martins
    Apr 16... Hfax £2551/483 Vrgin £3420/2977 MBNA 2 £2100/0 MBNA1 98/0
    Total cc 0% debt £8364/3460 updated 26 May 17 (halfway to debt free )
    • Orange Ena
    • By Orange Ena 1st Apr 17, 9:28 PM
    • 1,182 Posts
    • 2,946 Thanks
    Orange Ena
    The whole of this post is both uplifting and inspirational, but this paragraph especially so. I have followed your progress over the last few years and I am so pleased this is where you have arrived and so confident I am not so far behind you. Thank you.
    Ah thank you DIA, that's so nice of you to say. I think you'll be debt free before me though! Lead the way, I'm following
    • Orange Ena
    • By Orange Ena 1st Apr 17, 9:31 PM
    • 1,182 Posts
    • 2,946 Thanks
    Orange Ena
    I'm applauding this because I know what a huge achievement this truly is and how it feels to be living in a home that is depressing and you can't invite people in when you really want to (sigh) Bravo Orange Ena.
    You'll get there too, its just hard to do everything on one income. Pay debt or do the house up? Or just survive month to month in some cases. It's all a juggle but its so nice to have a comfortable home. I feel very lucky x
    • Orange Ena
    • By Orange Ena 1st Apr 17, 9:33 PM
    • 1,182 Posts
    • 2,946 Thanks
    Orange Ena
    Ena - this is fantastic. Look how far you've come and how well you've done. You should be celebrating
    What an inspiration, and your posts really resonate with me.
    Originally posted by crazy_cat_lady
    Ah thank you CCL, very kind of you. Its only when I worked it all out I realised just how much I'd done, day to day I pootle along and get on with it so its nice to take stock and celebrate
    • Orange Ena
    • By Orange Ena 1st Apr 17, 9:35 PM
    • 1,182 Posts
    • 2,946 Thanks
    Orange Ena
    Great to see you back Ena, and what a lot of achievements!!!! You've been on a real journey these last few years, you should be proud, here's some celebration Martins
    Originally posted by GoingToDoIt

Haha thanks for all the Martins I'm still amazed about it really
    • Orange Ena
    • By Orange Ena 1st Apr 17, 10:01 PM
    • 1,182 Posts
    • 2,946 Thanks
    Orange Ena
    Evening, thanks again guys for the support and for cheering me on x

Today
    * £29.12 in L1dl
    * £37.98 in M0rrisons
    * £20 from a friend for a little job I did for her
    * PA survey
    * Youg0v survey
    * 141SB earned

DMIC 1/1

I did a big shop today so I'm hoping a lot of it lasts for a while. I need to meal plan tomorrow but I know I've got enough for at least 2 weeks main meals so I'll just need the odd top of of milk and stuff for lunches etc. I probably could have done with going shopping last Wednesday but I can just never be bothered so I eeked out what I had. It was only a few months ago I was shopping 2 or 3 times a week but now, partly due to laziness and partly efficiency, I try to avoid even going weekly I do call in some convenience stores but the lack of choice does help me focus on what I really need. It's usually cheese

Not a lot else to report really. A friend wants to go away for a night and I do want to go too but she doesn't understand that it's not that easy at the moment. It's not the money cause I've got £130 in my "Spa Day / Night Away" savings account (£10 a month since our last night away ) it's more the lack of time. She can't go away at weekends as her business is mainly a weekend thing so she'd prefer mid week which is fine. However, I need to give 3 months notice at work for annual leave (another reason I hate my job!!), although officially it is only a months notice but when our appointments are booked 3 months in advance, it's pretty much a nightmare to move things around. It's bad enough when sickness needs to be covered, without trying to cover someones last minute leave request But also, with things up in the air with new job and moving, I don't want to use too much leave as I could end up owing them, plus I'll need time off for moving and hopefully job interviews. I know I need and want a break, but I feel like its me doing all the compromising, using up precious leave when most normal people go away at weekends! She's even said to go off sick but I need to keep my nose clean with imminent job applications......plus I'd never pull a sickie I don't think she's very happy with me
    • Orange Ena
    • By Orange Ena 5th Apr 17, 9:55 PM
    • 1,182 Posts
    • 2,946 Thanks
    Orange Ena
    Evening moneysavers I've only got 4 more working days until 6 whole days off over Easter. I'm not planning on doing a lot really, some relaxing, catching up with things and then trying to tidy up ready to go on the market

Sunday 2nd April
    * NSD
    * PA survey

Monday 3rd April
    * NSD
    * 5 PA surveys
    * Youg0v survey

Tuesday 4th April
    * £5.70 in T3sco
    * Opini0n Outp0st survey and £2.50 redeemed and transferred to my CHEFS account
    * 0nepoll surveys

Today
    * £30.01 on fuel
    * £2.29 in T3sco
    * 0nepoll survey
    * i-S@y survey
    * 96SB earned and 42SB March bonus

DMIC 2/5

I've planned all my main meals up to the 22nd with stuff I already have so I'll probably, hopefully, just need the odd thing then I can just shop for the last few days before payday. This seems to be working really well for me. Every night before bed, I check if I need to get anything out of the freezer ready for the next night. It's all pinned up on the fridge so no excuses!!

Wherever I go, I always look for discarded money on the ground, and leaving work on Monday was no different. I was walking across the road, about 3 steps behind a man when he suddenly stopped and bent down to pick something up. I don't think he dropped anything so I can only presume it was a coin! Gutted!!

I've only been paying just over the minimum on my credit card for about a year, while I've been saving for the house improvements. I know I need to save for house moving costs etc but I think I'm going to increase CC payments from £40 to £100 and then still save the other £100, plus any extra earnings. I really want to be debt free and I know I've reduced my debt quite a lot, and I've done all the house things, but it'll be good to focus a bit more on actually clearing the debt.

My current 0% rate ends in April 2018 and I've done the eligibility thingy on here and there's a good chance I can get another credit card with 41 months at 0%. I think I'll apply in the next week or so just to get it up and running while I still have a good income, plus if I need to borrow money to get a car, I don't want too many credit searches close together.

I'm still reluctant to work out a DFD with so many upcoming changes. If I wasn't planning the big move etc, now that the house is nearly finished, I could have just been focusing on the debt and therefore able to work it out. Hypothetically, if I were to pay £250 off my CC, I'd be debt free in 10 months Can't wait to just get moved, settle in then pay off that darn card!
    • doingitanyway
    • By doingitanyway 5th Apr 17, 10:46 PM
    • 1,596 Posts
    • 7,138 Thanks
    doingitanyway
    You are doing great on the meal planning

You may make a little money when you move and that might clear the debt?

Yay to 'nearly Easter hols'

DIA x
    MORTGAGE FREE 25/07/16
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,990Posts Today

6,716Users online

Martin's Twitter